Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tesla or Edison?

After doing a lot of research, I couldn't help but wonder what people think of Tesla or Edison? I personally feel that Tesla was cheated. His ideas were 100s years before there time. He wanted to give man kind free energy, wanted to go to the heavens, wanted to find a way to better mankind instead of finding a way to make a profit.

Tesla was kind fo cheated to be honest. He did fall vicitim to some bad press, lost a lot of research i a fire, and was cisistantly screwed over by Edison.

That being said, Edison still gets a nod from me. Tesla was an idealist. And whie that is an admirable quality to some degree, idealists don't tend to get shit done without a pragmatist behind them. And Edison was a pragmatist. He got a lot of shit done, and pushed the technology of the age forward.

Tesla I think, was destined to get screwed, and continue getting screwed. He might have wanted to offer free energy, but it was never going to happen. He'd have given the technology away, and it would have been used by existing power companies to sell energy. Since that's big business!

So Edison was a dick. And Tesla was cheated. And both men get a nod of something akin to respect from me for being what they were.

I'm going to have to give to my boy Tesla because like Alvis said, Tesla was an idealist. Somewhere inside of me there is a small part that wants to be an idealist. That and motherfucking Tesla coils.

It absolutely sickens me that something as Olympian as Tesla's ideas were just tossed aside because it didn't make money. What kind of world do we live in where something as worthless as a green strip of paper can dominate the future of the human race?

The same world that we've been living in since humanity gathered into groups for mutual defence.

These days it's the mighty dollar, before that it was gold or silver, before that it was trade goods and food, and before that it was just services exchanged. Humanity evolved a pretty selfish creature. As a species, we don't do something for nothing. Tesla and the rare few who seem more interested in doing something for nothing are...abberations. Good abberations, to be certain, but an abberation to be certain.

I honestly do not think that Tesla would have fared better in any time period. An idealist, no matter how good at what they do, with a pragmatist running point tends to get buried. Frankly, I think it's a miracle that so many of his inventions did survive.

If he had been given the respect and attention he was due, I think that it would be a very different world to be sure.

Alvis Alendran said:
I honestly do not think that Tesla would have fared better in any time period. An idealist, no matter how good at what they do, with a pragmatist running point tends to get buried. Frankly, I think it's a miracle that so many of his inventions did survive.

I have to disagree and he could have hosted an internet site with free schematics, want free power? tesla.com

LadyLarunai said:
Alvis Alendran said:

I have to disagree and he could have hosted an internet site with free schematics, want free power? tesla.com

I gotta say that would be an amazing idea. Definitely something Tesla might do.

LadyLarunai said:
Alvis Alendran said:

I bet he would have an awesome Youtube channel teaching the masses.

Tesla made a device that could shake buildings, and another to level forests. Both were acidental.

Edison on the other hand invented the electric chair to scare people away from his rivals form of power tranmission.

Tesla I picture as a well meaning figure tinkering with the cosmos, trying to find a better future for all.

Edison used death to try and increase sales.

Back
Top Bottom