Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'll Follow You to Hell and Back [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

"I'm a wandering samurai-" She stopped and snorted. "If you could call me that... But why would you need to prove yourself to me?"

"You proved your worth when you saved me from drowning... If it means getting yourself killed, don't risk it." She said.

"Why did you choose me?" She asked quietly. "Aren't you Kitsune supposed to pick pure souls?"

Midori's eyes opened completely. "Purest..?" She turned to look at Kiyomi with narrowed eyes. "Are you screwing with me?"

Kiyomi frowned, "N-No...I-I was honest...you doubt yourself too much, Midori-sama..." She answered. She looked down, "Gomen...I'll stop talking..."

"No I just... Find it very hard to believe after being used so many times.." She said. "I do not feel pure." She muttered, looking down at her hands like they were covered in filth.

Kiyomi moved closer, "Things were done to you against your will...you may not feel pure, but you are...the purest of souls are always burried in the most filth..."

Midori looked slightly relieved. "Was my husbands soul taken to Paradise..?" She asked softly.

She smiled sadly and nodded. "Arigatou." She said, closing her eyes again. "We'll head to town in the morning.." She murmured tiredly.

The next morning, Midori woke at day break, washing her face in the river and looking back at Kiyomi, who hadn't woken yet.

Midori watched Kiyomi, sitting cross-legged before the Kitsune, then looking at the leaf on the ground beside her. She carefully picked it up and examined it, glancing at Kiyomi again. It didn't look like any thing special, maybe it wasn't the leaf that made her change form between human and fox?

Midori stiffened and quickly set the leafe at Kiyomi's paws. "Nothing, it'll be time to leave soon."

Midori's stomach growled and she reached inside her sleeve, pulling out a few yen. "Running low again.."

Back
Top Bottom