Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'll Follow You to Hell and Back [DarkMudkip/Jikkah]

DarkMudkip

Cluster
Edo period, 16th Century Japan. A white fox sat in the wheat fields of the Yamato Province, having not seen a single traveler in a very long time. Being a messenger of Inarimyojin wasn't as luxurious as it seemed; many a messenger had already found a warrior to protect, leaving this poor kitsune to pray to her lord for someone - anyone - to walk by.

A small dot appeared on the horizon, slowly making it's way down the path, and soon it could be seen that it was a lone woman traveling by herself. The woman was young and she wore a simple dark blue hakuma with a gold emblem on the back, a sedge hat on her head and a sword on her right hip. Her sandals made soft noises as she walked past the white fox, only giving it a glance.

Midori glanced behind her when she heard the sound of the brush rustling behind her, a faint scowl on her face as her pace picked up.

Midori's pace slowed for a moment before she stopped and turned. "I know what you are, and I'll only say this once. I'm not interested, and piss off."

The fox stopped, ears going back, "D-Demo..." Placing an orange leaf on her forehead, a puff of smoke engulfed her. When it cleared, the fox was now a fairly tall, slender maiden; long silver hair pulled into an over shoulder braid. She wore priestess type clothing that barely covered her, bandages wrapped around her well endowed chest. She held a lantern tied to a branch, a glowing green orb lighting the red and blue paper. Her long bushy tail swayed, "I could help you on your journey..."

Midori looked the woman up and down, making a noise and shifting her weight from foot to foot. "Help me how?" She asked. "And what do I have to give up in return?"

Her ears twitched, "Allow me to ferry your soul when you die, that's all I ask." She answered. "And helping you; I can show you back ways and shortcuts to any area in Nippon...I'll even give you a special mirror that will magically transport you between any of Inarimyojin-sama's shrines...unless you had something else in mind...?"

Midori made a noise and thought for a while, glancing up at the woman before her. "So you want me to make a contract with you?"

"Please reconsider..." The Kitsune appeared before her, frowning softly, "What is it you seek? My knowledge is boundless; I can tell you anything you wish to know."

Midori's hand gripped her blade and she scowled, nearly jumping when the woman appeared before her. "And what's the real price of making a deal with you, demon?"

The Kitsune's pale cheeks turned a faint pink, "As well as ferrying your soul when you die...I-I will guard you and protect you with my life. I'll be your guardian for as long as you wish to use me."

Midori made a noise and started walking again, moving around the pale woman. "Fine, I'll take your help, just stay out of my way."

"My name isn't important." She muttered, keeping her eyes forward.

((So I was thinking~~ What if Kiyomi saves Midori from drowning cuz she can't swim and the bridge breaks~?))

"I'm looking for something." She said simply, scowling when they came to an old bridge, twent feet over a fast moving river.

"It's just a sword.." She said, walking carefully across the old bridge, tensing when it creaked loudly.

"Yes, it's a very special swo-" Suddenly the entire bridge shuddered hard and collapsing beneath her, making her eyes widen as both her and the bridge plummeted to the white waters below.

"Goushujin-sama!" Kiyomi called. Acting quickly, she used her fox magic to tip over a tall tree, blocking anything from moving down stream any farther. She moved onto the tree, kneeling and reaching down, she fished through the water, "Please be ok, Goushujin-sama...!"

Back
Top Bottom