Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The love coming from war~ (Ultra Paradox & Angel123)

Ultra Paradox

Super-Earth
"The Humans are overpowering us! Pull back! Pull back!" One of the elves yelled in such a cowardly manner that if this were not a serious manner he would of been executed. The prince of the elves himself was leading an army into a fort right at the border of human lands and at the time they had no idea what was coming. The men were ambushed and slaughtered, almost everybody. The small force he was leading was trying to fend every last one of the humans off but they had the better equipment. They were heavy armored and they had sword and shields while the little force he was marching along the border was a small group of light armed bow-and arrow infantry. It was a mess out in the battlefield, and so, they led the prince out of harms way.

It was to no use, his guards died as they were all running in an open field, trying to get into the forests. Prince Renga had a bow at hand as he ran, his plan was to go into the forest, use it as cover and kill as many of them as he could. But when he reached the forests and turned around to shoot arrows at them, he was hit in the chest by one of their arrows. He fell to the floor and the humans shouted,"The prince is dead!" And they all cheered and then ran off back to their home land as quick as possible, knowing more reinforcements for the elves would come by.

Hours later, the prince woke up, bleeding and injured as he dragged himself towards a nearby river. He was so thirsty, his mouth dry, and he was surly bleeding out. He drank the fresh water from the river and then laid on his back, preparing to close his eyes and make his way into the kingdom of heaven. That's when he went unconscious.

All day long Lana hid in a pile of hay in her barn. While the hay muffled the clanging of swords they could still be heard even with her hands pressed up against her ears. She didn't know at what point she had fallen asleep but suddenly she felt a strong grip on her arm as she was jerked from her hiding place. Lana looked up at her drunk father with wide frightened eyes as he held her up by her shoulders and shook her. "You lazy ass girl." he growled in her face before throwing her back into the pile of hay. "Go fetch the water and feed the animals before I take my belt to you." he threatened as he stalked out of the barn.

Lana sighed as she carried her two buckets down to the river. The sun had nearly set and it was getting a bit difficult to see, but Lana knew the land like the back of her hand and wasn't worried. Then something caught her eye, down on the bank, it was a man! Dropping her buckets and ran to him. Falling to her knees beside she quickly took in his condition, then she gasped realizing it wasn't a man but an elf. Lana bit her lip with indecision, it she left this elf here, he would surely die, but if she took him in... she could potential be hung for treason. Gently she pushed his hair away from his face and shook her head not knowing what to do.

His blood stained his clothes shirt with the markings of a elf on it, he seemed so young but he was almost making his way into his early twenties. He was quiet the warrior, already he has fought in over 100 battles, winning most. He is no stranger to war and blood, but he was never hit with an arrow in the damned chest before. Lucky him that it didn't pierce him in the heart.

His blood stained the river that ran into town. That definitely did not help her with the situation. In a matter of minutes the militia of the small town would run in and find the damned elf with an arrow in his chest and they would recognized who he is. The clock was ticking, could she save her before he dies? Either way, if left along, he would die from bleeding, or from the town folks.

Letting her good nature get the best of her, Lana slipped her arms under his arms pits and pulled his back against her chest. She was lucky that there was no moon that night, so no one would see her dragging him into the barn. Her father was probably already passed out at the kitchen table, all she needed to do was drag him into the barn, which was easier said than done. She was a very small thin girl, so even though it was a short distance from the river to the barn, it took her over an hour to get him there. Pulling him into an empty stall she quickly made him a small bed of hay. Then running back to the river she filled her buckets and began tending his wounds and extracting the arrow from his chest. Gently pulling off his cloak she ripped it into long strands, which she wrapped around his torso to cover where the arrow pierced his chest. Once she was done cleaning his wounds she went about taking a damp rag to his face gently washing it of the dirt and blood, as well as trying to revive him.

A couple minutes went by and he slowly began to wake up from his unconsious state. Confusion struck him and he weakly opened his eyes. He felt something cold against his forehead and he felt water trickling down his forehead. Cold water. "...Where...am I?" He whispered to himself and looked over to his side to find the beautiful and kind girl cleaning and fixing bus wounds. "A human...helping an elf? Oh, the irony..." He whispered weakly.

Lana sat on her knees by his head as she gently pressed the cloth against his cheek. But when she first heard him speak her gut reaction was to run and hide. All her life she had been taught that elves were bad and that they ate little children and so it took all she had in her just to keep herself from jumping away from him. When his eyes fell upon her she felt her hand begin to shake, as a slight panic set in. "You-you-you are in the h-h-human kingdom... sir." She stuttered in a whisper. "are-are you thirsty?" she asked just as shakily as she dipped a clean rag into her bucket ready to hold it over his mouth so the water could drip in.

"Yes..." He murmmered and opened his mouth, waiting for her to drip the rag aginst it. He looked at her and sighed,"You do know, i'm not going to kill you right?" He asked before opening his mout wide again.

(Hey, just a question, how much to you normally write in a post?)

Lana squeezed the rag into his mouth, getting out of it as much as she could before laying it over the side of the bucket. Lana shrugged her shoulders and piked up a dry rag, wiping away the drops of water that had missed him mouth. "I don't know what to expect." She told him in a soft voice as she once again began pressing a cool rage to his head, "How to you feel?" She asked as she gently brushed back his damp hair.

(Eh, not really a lot since i'm always on mobile. But it depends on my mood really.)

"I feel like shit..." He sighed and tried to sit up but the pain shocked his body and he laid right back down. He groaned lowly and felt some more blood press against the rags stopping his blood. He looked at the girl and held his hand out, he saw her flinch believing he was going to hurt her. "I'm Renga, and you are?"

(alright, I'll give this a go, but I normaly right a paragraph or two, and get bored easily with short ones)

Lana gasped and gently placed her arms on his shoulders, trying to keep him from doing that against. "Of course you don't feel well, you had an arrow through your chest." She said in exasperation. Lana slipped her small hand into his and shook it, "Lana, pleased to meet you." She said with a slight smile.

He grinned and shook her hand before moving his own hand away. He chuckled at how much of an idiot he was, not mentioning he was a prince. He hated the humans, they were all obnoxious and only cared for themselves. But, she seemed different. His pale skin began to regan his color and his eyes were a light shade of blue. As he spoke to the girl, his ambitions of what to do in the war grew. "Well, how are the humans around these parts, are they all as kind as you?"

(I'm sorry, it's just hard to make long replies when there's dialogue for me. I run out of ideas to say...)

(Nope its cool, I just wanted to warn you)

Lana shrugged, "does it really matter?" She asked quietly as she gently wiped his forehead one last time. "I'm just a farmers daughter, no one of importance." She smiled lightly, thinking his question was silly. Reaching down to his torso she gently began fixing his wraps, making sure they would stay place. "Try not to move much." She said a she rested a gently hand over his wounded stomach, "I did the best I could fixing you up but..." She sighed and bowed her head, "I don't really know what I'm doing." she said in an apologetic tone.

"Typical." He mumbled and sighed laying on his back as he looked up at the cieling. It was such a strange place, it wasn't as clean as the elves would keep their barns. "For a human." He finished his sentence and sighed, looking over at her. "How old are you human?"

Lana looked very hurt at his words, standing up she threw her rag in his face, "I may not know what the hell I'm doing but at least I'm doing something." she hissed then turned and ran out of the stall. She had chores that needed to be done, she didn't have time for an ungrateful elf. Stalking out of the barn she headed back to the river and filled up her bucket so she could give water to the animals. Once the animals were watered she busied herself around the barn feeding them, but always making sure to stay out of site of that stupid elf.

Regna rolled his eyes and grasped the wet rag, placing it against his head. He felt rather bad about it, but her reaction was priceless. Though, she did try to help him by reviving him from his unconscious state. Poor girl, he felt rather bad after a while, he wasn't raised to be the hateful type. He was actually a rather caring child before the war. He sat up holding back all the pain that shocked his body as he tried to get up on his feet. He looked around for something to put around his body, he was rather cold. What else could he expect after almost dying and it being night time.

Once Lana had finished feeding all the animals she returned to the stall the elf was in, but she didn't enter, she only stood at the entrance staring at the ground because she didn't want to look at him. "I'm going to bed." She mumbled, "Do you need anything?" she asked quietly.

He stared at the beautiful girl and sighed, holding onto the horse stalls inside of the barn. He nodded,"Yeah...mind if you sit here, and talk to me for a while. I was rather rude towards you, so maybe I can make up for it?" He asked and sheepishly rubbed his eye. He pressed his weight against the horse stalls because he felt as if he would fall over.

Lana's head jerked up when she realized that he was on his feet. Rushing to his side she gently slipped her shoulder under his arm to help hold him up. "What are you doing!" She gasped as she forced him to lay back down in the hay. "I told you not to get up, you're going to hurt yourself." She chastised as she shooed his hands away from his torso so she could make sure it hadn't caused anymore bleeding. "At the moment the best thing you can do to make it up would be to not hurt yourself worse." She as she began to calm down once she saw he was ok.

His faced flushed a deep rose color as he grunted and glared at her,"Why are you so worried about my health? I'm a elf,you're supposed to hate me." He mumbled under his breath. The girl amazed him, her caring features caught his curiosity. Maybe all humans aren't dumb bezerkers who love blood. He looked at the wall after turning his attention away from her,"I kill humans for a living and you're healing me...you're an idiot...but...that's a good thing." He shot at her from under his breath, he meant it as a weird type of compliment.

Lana smirked and shook her head, "Elves have never done anything to hurt me" She told him with a shrug, "all I've heard is stories about you eating babies and stuff." she said with a slight smile, "But... I couldn't just let you die... I guess that makes me an idiot, but..." She opened and closed her mouth a couple times before finally finding the words she wanted to say. "My life has never been easy... my days consist of hiding from my father, getting beaten when I can't, and feeding these animals... So I really don't have much to look forward to." Lana shrugged, "so I guess I'm just not to terribly worried about being killed." Lana frowned, not realizing until now how true those words actually were, "Not that I want to die." She clarified, "I'm just... unattached."

He sat there and listened to her excuses. To him, he clearly knew she wanted to die. She wanted out of the misery she was forced to settle into. He darkest places of her mind unleashing before him, it amazed him how much she had to deal with at a rather young age. He smirked softly to himself and began to smell ge dirty air of the barn that formed up when the horses began to...realease their wasts. "I see. Don't you worry your pretty little head, i won't hurt you." He chuckled lightly,"But, where is this drunken human father of yours?"

Lana rolled her eyes and sat down on the hay next to him leaning against the barn wall. "if you did hurt me anyway there would be on one here to take care of you." she said as she gently nudged his shoulder. Lana frowned when he mentioned her father, "he is either passed out in the house or on his way to passing out in the house." She told him with a sad shake of her head.

He grabbed a long string from the end and put a tip in his mouth. He looked at the girl and admired her features. "Poor girl. Growing up with an abusive father. The real question is, where is your mother?" He questioned, putting his hand over his wound. The blood was slowlg stop it and he smiled softly, the human actually did a good job.

Lana shrugged, "Dunno, my father won't talk about it but the rumors in the village say that my father used to be a soldier and one day he came back home with a child in his arms. No one knows where I came from, or if he's even my father." Lana noticed how he land and hand over his wound. Looking concerned she took his hand into one of hers and slipped her other hand over on the wound ready to unwrap it if it was causing him pain. "Are you hurting?" She questioned worriedly.

Back
Top Bottom