Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess (MysticSparxman x Misalavan)

As his arm had slipped around her waist, there was a part of him that had almost been expecting her to rest her hand on his arm, so he was a little surprised when she didn't. He was almost a little disappointed too. Even when she responded to his question nearly thirty minutes later, it didn't make him feel any better. Alex could hear the sadness in her voice as she had spoken, and he sighed softly to himself a moment later. "No...you're wrong Maylee...it wasn't silly of you to think that I could take you home. I guess it was only natural that you would think that....and I wish I could take you home, I really do." He spoke in a soft tone as he had said this to her, but then what she said next took him by surprise. When he realized what she had said, he pulled up on the reins of the horse, bringing it to a stop. "You don't really mean that Maylee. You honestly don't want me to take you straight to my King.....do you?" He asked with surprise clearly evident in his voice. "I thought you wanted to see other kingdoms Maylee." He said to her. He kicked his heels into the horse's sides once more and the horse started cantering again. After riding for at least five minutes, there was a small stream that they had to cross. Alex slowed the horse down to a walk and slowly started to direct it across the small stream. Luckily the water didn't touch them as they crossed the stream. Once across the stream, he noticed a small forest up ahead. It seemed to be the only way to proceed, so he started to direct the horse through the small forest.

Maylee wasn't so sure she believed him, it was silly for her to ask such a thing of him. It was clear her next statement took him by surprise. As he pulled the horse to a stop she jolted forward. Her hands grabbed his arm, holding tight as he questioned her. She looked down at her hands on his arms. She didn't know what to say to him. He was right, she didn't want to go to his king and she wanted to the other kingdoms. As he started them up moving again she didn't move her hands from his arm. She let her fingers trace along his strong arms. She looked forward and took in the forest before them. "I never knew my kingdom had so much open land" Her voice was soft.

Alex didn't really expect Maylee to believe him when he had told her that it wasn't a silly idea to think that he could take her back home. There was another silence between them as he had started moving the horse again, but this time, he noticed something different. This time, he felt her hands on his arm, and it brought the smallest of smiles to his face. Still, he didn't say anything to her, mainly because he didn't know what he could say. Sure, he did want to say something to her, but at the same time, he didn't want to upset her further. As they had started travelling through the forest, Alex slowed the horse down to a walk, and he looked from his left to his right through the forest as Maylee finally spoke. "It is surprising how much open land a kingdom can really have Maylee. There are many kingdoms with open land like this, and hopefully you will get to see some of those kingdoms.....if you still want to." He said to her as they continued on through the forest.

Maylee comment on the open land her kingdom had. Her hands still moved along his arm as he commented. She couldn't help the small smile that tugged her lips. "Yeah..." She nodded slowly. Looking shyly back at him for a moment. Her hands still laid flat on his arm, holding it to her middle as they walked on. Her green eyes moved to the forest around them. "Do you think they are gone?" She asked talking about the men from before.
She would be lying if she said it wasn't odd not talking to him. She didn't like the quite. As they rode along she could hear the birds singing, and small animals playing. "Do you think we will fine a town?"

Alex couldn't help but feel a little better when he felt Maylee's hands moving along his arm. He didn't know why it made him feel better, but it just did for some reason. He was glad when she told him that she did still want to see other kingdoms. "I think you are going to enjoy seeing other kingdoms Maylee." His eyes were still scanning the forest around them as she seemed to ask about the two men they had encountered earlier. Alex shook his head and sighed softly to himself. "I wish I could say that they are gone.....but I don't think they are Maylee. I hate to say it, but I think we will eventually run into those guys again. Don't worry too much though, because me and my sword won't let them near you, and I promise you that." He said in a soft yet serious tone.

When she asked about a town, he smiled and nodded his head. "Yes, I think we will find a town today. I think we could quite possibly find one within the next couple of hours," He said, still smiling. "You never know, there may even be a town on the other side of this forest, and by the way, I don't think there's any way for those two men to get ahead of us as it doesn't look like there is any other way around this forest. Anyway, when we do get to a town, you will get to sleep in a bed tonight. Don't worry though, as I will sleep on the floor." He said as they continued on through the forest. Alex didn't know how big the forest really was, but it looked as if they were going to be travelling through it for some time yet.

Maylee smiled lightly. "I think I will too... thank you." She said lightly. She asked about the men whom they had run into before. She could hear the seriousness in his tone and nodded. She knew deep down in her heart he would keep her safe no matter what. "What if they hurt you though?" She asked lightly. She waited until he answer before asking about a town. A smile tugged on her lips. A bed, she couldn't wait to sleep in a bed again. She looked back over her shoulder at him, confusion on her face. "Why ... why would you sleep on the floor?" She asked lightly. She had a feeling this would be one of her silly question. However she just couldn't understand why he would have to sleep on the floor. Looking at him though made her heart race. She swallowed hard taking in a deep breath. Her green eyes moved over his face for a moment. Her tongue rolled softly over her rose colored lips before a blush rushed her cheeks. She turned forward and looked at where she hugged his arm to her stomach.

Alex smiled as Maylee had told him she thought she would enjoy seeing the other kingdoms too. He looked forward to visiting other kingdoms with her, mainly because he had never really visited other kingdoms with anyone else before. "I don't know when we will find another kingdom, but I promise we will explore it as much as we can when we come across one." He smiled and then took a deep breath at her next question. It was one he thought on for a moment before answering. "They could hurt me, but it's not going to stop me from protecting you Maylee. They would have to kill me before they could get anywhere near you, but even if they were to kill me, I'd make sure I took them with me." He replied in that same serious tone as before. He couldn't help but laugh lightly at her question about him sleeping on the floor. He turned his head to the side and his eyes met with hers as she looked back at him. "Well, it is likely that we might only be able to get a room with a single bed, so there may not be enough room for the both of us unless we were to cuddle together like we did last night. Besides, would you not want the bed to yourself Maylee?" He smiled as they continued riding along through the forest. Alex made sure he continued to scan the forest as they rode through. He didn't really know how much further they would have to go as they had been riding through the forest for nearly ten minutes now.

Maylee couldn't help but smile, she was excited to see other kingdoms and she hoped they could see a few. She couldn't help but ask about what could happen, if he was hurt. His words did nothing but set fear in her heart. She looked back at him, sure he could see her fear. "What ... what would I do if you died? You can't die." The fear was clear in her voice. She turned forward again and did her best not to think of what he had said. She didn't want to talk about it, or think about it at all.
She couldn't help but be confused when he said about him sleeping on the floor. She turned to look at him and asked why he would need to do such a thing. Like she had thought it was a silly question. A blush heated her cheeks as Alex laughed at her. Her blush grew and she turned around. The truth was she wasn't sure how she felt about sleeping alone. The night before hadn't been bad, she hadn't mind sleeping in his arms at all.

Alex did look forward to being able to see other kingdoms with Maylee. He thought it was going to be a lot of fun for the both of them, and at least it would help to delay their trip back to his own kingdom. However, after he had told her what could happen to him, it was hard for him not to notice the fear that had formed in her voice. Not only could he hear the fear in her voice, but he could see it on her face too, and it did make him feel bad. He thought over her question for a moment and sighed softly to himself. "Maylee...it's what knights do. Knights die protecting those they care for." He said without really thinking about what he was saying to her. "If I do die....then I guess you would be able to return home. There would be no-one to take you back to my kingdom, and your people would eventually catch up to you and find you." He paused for a moment after saying this. "That doesn't mean I'm going to go out there and get myself killed intentionally though." He said to her.

His lips curled up into more of a smile when he saw her blushing again. He could see she was embarrassed, but she really did look cute. "Has anyone ever told you that you look really cute when you blush?" He asked her in a curious tone. Still, he found himself thinking about what it might be like to possibly share a bed with Maylee. He didn't know if she would be willing to share a bed with him or not, which was why he had suggested that he sleep on the floor.

Maylee couldn't help but question what would happen if he did die. Hearing his words made her heart race, though she played it off. He couldn't care for her, she was the princess he was sent to kidnap. She nodded though, she knew it was true, if he wasn't alive she could go home. However that wasn't how she wanted it to happen. She didn't want him to die, didn't want him to be hurt. She hoped they both could get through this ok.
She asked about the bed and his answer made her blush deeply. She turned around as she tried not to think to much on what he said. She let out a giggle, looking at him shyly for a moment. "No, no one had ever told me I'm cute when I blush." She thought for a moment as she turned forward. Her back rested to his chest as she played slight with the fingers of the hand that held her. "Do you think I'm cute?" She asked teasingly. She brought her hand up and brushed her fingers down his arm to the hand that held the reins. "Has anyone ever told you that your handsome?" She questioned.

Alex genuinely believed that Maylee would be able to go back home if he were to do. He didn't want to die, but even though he hadn't known Maylee long, he did feel willing to protect her with his life. He wanted to keep her safe from harm, and he didn't want to see her get hurt in any way. He worried more about her than he did himself, but that really was just the way he was.

The smile on his face widened quite considerably when he saw her blush deepening. He did look a little surprised at the revelation that no-one had ever told her she was cute when she blushed. "Wow, no-one has ever told you how cute you look when you blush? That's incredibly difficult to believe. How could no-one tell you how cute you look when you're blushing?" His voice took on more of a light teasing tone, but her question did catch him off guard, and then it was his turn to blush ever so slightly. Alex slowly nodded his head in response to her question. "Yes...I do think you are cute...and not just when you blush either." He felt her hand and fingers moving down his arm to the hand that held the reins. Alex sighed in thought at her next question. It took him a few moments, but then he shook his head. "No other girl has told me that I'm handsome before." He said, laughing a little soon afterwards. "It looks like we have something in common. It seems like no-one has ever told you how cute you look when you're blushing, and no-one has told me that I'm handsome before." He laughed a little more as he directed the horse through the forest.

Just up ahead, Alex could see some light. Smiling, he pointed it out to Maylee. "Hey, look Maylee. It looks like that might be the exit to this forest just up there." He said, pointing to the light just up ahead.

Maylee couldn't help but blush more, he was teasing her and she knew it. She giggled and shook her head. "No one has ever told me" She said lightly to his teasing. She asked if he thought she was cute and she smiled, happy to see him blush this time. However once again he was make her blush, her face looked ready to pop at how red it was. Her fingers danced along his arm as she rested against him. She asked if anyone had told him he was handsome, only partly teasing him. She let out a light laugh before looking back at him. She placed a light kiss to his cheek before looking forward again.
She smiled whens he saw the light ahead. "Hopefully there will be a town. Then we can eat and get sleep on a bed." she said. Her tone was hopeful as she put her hands back to rest on his arm were it laid across her stomach. Her thoughts went to the kiss, and she hoped he wouldn't be upset with her. Her lips felt like they were tingling from kissing him.

It still seemed hard for him to believe no-one had told her how cute she was before. He laughed a little bit and shook his head as he thought about it some more. "The more I think about it, the sillier it sounds that no-one has told you how cute you can be. All of those people you must have seen, and yet none tell you how cute you are. That's a crime if I've ever seen....or heard of one." He said, smiling and laughing just a little bit more. His arm continued to rest against her waist, and he was taken completely by surprise when she looked back at him and kissed his cheek. If he had been blushing before, then her kiss made him blush so much more. His cheeks seemed to become twice as red as before. As surprised as he had been by the kiss, there was also the tiniest part of him that had actually liked it.

His cheeks were still a dark rosy shade of red as Maylee spoke of hopefully finding a town. Alex nodded his head in agreement with her. "I am confident that we will be able to find our way to a town today. Even if there isn't a town on the other side of this forest, I am certain that we will find one sometime today. Of course the sooner we find one, the better, but yes, you are right Maylee. When we find a town, we can eat and get a good night's sleep....hopefully in a bed. Oh, we could even get some new clothes for you too....if you want to of course." He smiled as the horse continued on down towards the light. It took no more than five minutes to get there, and when the horse finally stepped out into the light, Alex pulled the horse up to a stop and then started to look around. After scanning their surroundings for a few short moments, he was able to spot something in the distance. Once again, he pointed it out to Maylee. "Look Maylee, I think that could be a town there. You see it?" He asked her as he pointed it out to her.

Maylee could do little more then laugh with Alex. It was nice to laugh, it had been so long since she had done so. she couldn't help but kiss his cheek, smiling proudly as he blushed more. She spoke of the town, and felt a new excitement fill her. "I'd like a new dress." She said lightly. Thinking of how nice it would be to be free from this awful corset. She followed were he pointed and all but bounced. "It looks like a town." She asked never been to the town outside her home. Her father saying it was not safe for a princess. She kept her green eyes on the town as she hugged Alex's arm tight to her middle.

Alex smiled when Maylee told him she wouldn't mind having a new dress. He nodded his head at her. "Okay, I'm sure we can get you a new dress." He said to her. Alex kicked his heels into the horse's side when Maylee had told him she thought what he pointed out did look like a town. "Yeah, it looks like a town to me too. Let's go and check it out, shall we?" He grinned a little as the horse broke into a canter. Alex directed the horse towards the town they had spotted. At the speed their horse was going, it took them nearly ten minutes to make it to the town. Alex slowed the horse down to a walk as they approached the town.

Maylee held onto Alex's arm as she kept her eyes on the town. It didn't take them but ten minutes to get there. Her eyes moved slowly around the town, taking it all in. "I have never been to town before." She commented. She looked back at Alex and smiled. "Can we walk around? I promise to stay close." She said hopefully.

This time, he didn't look so surprised when she told him she hadn't been to a town before. This was something he was able to understand as he knew that there were many kings who didn't like the idea of their daughter's visiting different towns. Even though he understood it, it didn't mean he agreed with it. "I can understand how you may not have been to a town before. At least now you get to visit one, and this is probably going to be the first of many towns that we will visit on our journey." He smiled brightly, and then he took a look around at all of the people in the town. His eyes drifted over each person in the town, and then he eventually nodded his head in response to Maylee's question. "Okay, but you must stay close to me." He spoke in a soft yet serious tone as he had said this to her. Alex got off the horse, and once he was on the ground, he helped Maylee off the horse, and then he took a deep breath and then took her hand in his own. "Come, we must find ourselves a place to stay for the night. There should be an Inn somewhere in this town. It's just a matter of finding it." He said as he started walking with her through the town.

Maylee was happy to slid off the horse, with Alex's help. She let him take her hand, lacing their fingers as he did so. She did as she was told, walking close as she followed him. Her eyes moved over everything and everyone. She offered the people a small smile. She wondered how they would react if they knew she was their princess. The passed past a tavern, she could hear the drunks inside. Just was they walked by the door, and man was thrown onto the street. Maylee jumped with a yell, her hold on Alex's hand tightening as the man landed right in front of her. She swallowed hard and side stepped as fast as she could. "First time in a town, and I'm almost crushed by a drunk." She said lightly, more to herself.

As he had started to pass through the town with her, Alex made sure that he never let go of her hand. He kept her as close to him as he possibly could, and even though there were some people who were looking at her, they just ended up going on their way, doing whatever it is they were going to do. He walked with her and they were just about to pass a tavern when a drunk was thrown out. Alex felt the way her grip on his hand tightened . He couldn't help but laugh a little bit at what she had said. "Hey, it could be worse. You could be the drunk being thrown out." He teased her again as he stepped over the drunk and let her walk around the drunk man. "Anyway, let's find this Inn, shall we?" He flashed her another smile as they continued walking on through the town. More of the town's citizens looked their way, and after rounding a few more corners in the town, Alex was finally able to spot the Inn on the left side of the town just up ahead. "There it is. There's the Inn." He said as he pointed it out to her.

Maylee could feel people looking at them and did her best not to say anything. She was unsure if they looked due to her silk or how close they walked. With a tepid she jumped after almost being crushed by a drunk. Her green eyes turned toward Alex " it isn't funny.... shouldn't you be worried about my well being ?" she jokingly asked. She smiled at the sight the inn. She wanted to lay on a bed a nd eat.

Alex laughed and nodded his head at her as she had turned back to him again. "Actually it is funny, it's really funny to be honest." He teased her again and his smile widened just that little bit more. "Of course I am worried about your well being. I could never let anything happen to you." He smiled warmly at her as they made their way towards the inn. When they reached the Inn, Alex pushed open the door and held it open for Maylee to walk through. Once she was inside, he stepped inside himself and walked up to the front desk with her. There was an elderly woman behind the desk, and thankfully, there were a few rooms still available. The elderly lady gave Alex a key to a room, and after looking at their room number, Alex started to lead Maylee towards their room. "We are in room 14." He smiled at her and led her to their room.

Maylee smiled as Alex laughed at her. She shook her head giving him a playful glare. His warm smile warmed her heart and she held his hand between both of hers. She let him lead her toward the inn. Once side she didn't stand as close, though she didn't go far. Her green eyes looked up to him as he told her the room number. Following him up to the room she entered and looked around. She stood by the door unsure of what she was to do. Though her green eyes looked over the bed, all she wanted was lay down and eat.

Alex closed the door soon after Maylee had entered. He saw her looking around, and then he saw the way she looked at the bed. Alex walked over to her and placed his hand gently on her shoulder. "You can rest if you really want to Maylee. I will get us something to eat okay. Is there anything in particular that you would like?" He asked in a curious tone. "If you are tired, you can stay here and rest as I go out to get us something to eat." He said to her, even though he didn't know what she would think about possibly staying in the room on her own.

Her green eyes turned toward Alex when he spoke. The hand on her shoulder was sending a warming feeling through her body. She shifted slightly as she thought everything over. "I'd like something to eat... Could I stay here? You wouldn't be long will you?" She asked lightly. She really wanted to go lay, but she wasn't sure she was with being left alone.
Maylee walked over to the bed and slipped from her shoes. Sitting on the bed, moaning as she felt the softness under her. She pulled her legs up and rested on the bed. Her eyes closed and she couldn't help but think the only thing missing was Alex.

Alex nodded his head as Maylee had asked him if she could stay in the room as he went to get something to eat for them. "Of course you can stay here Maylee. Just rest on the bed and don't answer the door to anyone okay. When I get back, you will know it is me, because I will knock on the door like this." He said to her before he knocked on the wall in a certain way to show her. "Anyway, I promise I won't be long. I will be as quick as I can, I really will." He spoke in a soft tone and then he watched as she lay down on the bed. Afterwards, he turned an walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Alex walked quickly from the Inn and started making his way around the town to find somewhere where he could get some food for him and Maylee.

It took him at least five minutes before he was able to find somewhere to get something to eat. Once there, he made his way inside and started looking around at all of the different food and drink they had there. There really did seem to be a variety of different foods and drinks, and Alex walked around the store picking up a few things here and there. He ended up picking up some sandwiches, some cakes and also some fruits. He also picked up some cold meat including chicken and a little bit of bacon. Alex also picked up some snacks for the both of them, and he made sure to pick up a variety of different drinks too. A few of the drinks were alcoholic, but the rest was water and some different fruit juices. As soon as he had everything he wanted, he paid for it all, bagged it up and started making his way back to the Inn.

Back
Top Bottom