Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess (MysticSparxman x Misalavan)

Maylee blushed and have a small nod when Alex questioned if he was right about her liking the little horse "He is so cute" she said though clearly Alex knew that. They rode away from the horses, though Maylee looked back once more.
After a few minutes ride Alex spoke again. Giving a nod " That would be nice" Of she got new clothe not only would she not have to worry about her silk dress, but it be the first time she gets to pick out her own clothe. " Did your king give you money?" she couldn't help but wonder

Alex looked back to the little horse as they passed by the field, and he nodded his head in response to her comment. ”Yeah, he certainly is cute.” He said as they rode on. ”Maybe when we can get you a horse, we can get you a black and white one.” He suggested, smiling still. After Alex had spoken after a few minutes of silence, he nodded his head once again, but realized she wouldn’t have been able to see him nodding his head. ”I am sure that wherever we stop, we should be able to find you some really nice clothes. Maybe we could get you another dress, or maybe we could get you something a little more casual. You know, stuff like a shirt and jeans or something of the sort, and in response to your other question, yes my king did give me some money. He gave me enough to last us for possibly the entirety of our journey together. Anyway, if you pick out some new clothes for yourself when we get to this next city, you won’t have to worry about getting your nice silky dress dirty anymore.” He spoke softly as they reached a few bends in the road. Alex directed the horse to follow the bends in the road, and this took only a matter of minutes as the horse was still cantering. ”So if we can get to a city today, what is the first thing you are going to do there?” He asked, becoming curious about her again.

((How long would you like to leave it before they find a city?))

(Um.. maybe they find a small town, but not a bigger city for a few days)

Maylee smiled when told if he could Alex would get her a black and white. She asked if his king had given him money and was happy to know they would have to steal or use his own money. "A new dress would be nice" She would never wear jeans. A princess should never do such a thing, her father had told her that woman who wore Jean's wished to be men. However she couldn't help but wonder if it were true. She looked back at him, her brows pulling together as she thought of his question. "I .. I don't know. I never been to town before" She said softly. Looking forward again she thought some more about his question. "I'll ... I guess I'll just follow you." She shrugged. She couldn't help but wonder what it would be like when they get to the city. Her hand stopped moving, looking out a a field across the way. A few men were riding horses their way. She couldn't help but wonder if they were her father's men, and if not would they bother the pair. Her body had stiffen and her fingers had laced with his, holding his hand tight. She looked down pushing the stories she had heard from her mind. Her father had told her the common man would have no problem taking her, raping her before killing her. It was his way of insuring she didn't try and see anything but the castle.

((A small town sounds good to me.))

Alex nodded his head when Maylee had told him that she wouldn't mind a new dress. He didn't really mind getting her a new dress, even though he did think she may have wanted other clothes too. "Okay, we can get you a new dress, but are you sure that is all you are going to want? Are you not going to want anything casual? You know, things like tops, skirts, jeans." He said to her. He wasn't going to make her get anything like that, but he didn't think it would hurt to suggest it. Alex did feel rather surprised when Maylee told him she had never been to a town before. "You've really never been to a town before? Are you saying you have never left your kingdom before now?" He asked in a curious yet surprised tone. Alex soon saw Maylee looking over towards one of the fields, and he followed her gaze to see the men on their horses. He didn't really know who they were. As Maylee laced her hand with his, he gave her hand a gentle squeeze as he continued directing their horse along the road they were riding along. Alex hoped that the men would continue on their way without being any trouble, but he would definitely fight if the need ever called for it. He didn't want to fight, but he would if he had to.

Maylee just shrugged, she didn't know what to say. What could she say to that, she had never wore anything other then dress. She told him how she had never been to town before and smiled at his curious tone. "I never been anywhere but the land around the castle and the castle" She explained lightly. Looking out into one of the field she couldn't help but worry as she seen some men heading their way. Her hand laced with his and pressed into him slightly.The men had slowed their horses to a stop and Maylee's hold on his hand tightened. She worried, but tried not to show it.

Alex did seem a little surprised that Maylee had never been out of the land of her castle. As he thought on what she said, he smiled just a little bit. ”Since you have never been off the land of your castle before….if you think about it….I guess it wasn’t such a bad thing that I took you, because it is going to allow you to see many different places and experience many different things.” He spoke softly, even though he didn’t really expect her to agree with him. He did mean what he had said though. He would try to show her different things in the time he was travelling with her. Alex was still thinking about the many different things that he would be able to show Maylee as he noticed the men on their horses heading their way. As the men slowed their horses to a stop, Alex did the same and slowed his horse to a stop. He could feel the way she was squeezing his hand, and Alex gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. Alex looked to the two men as he held Maylee close to him. ”Can I help you guys?” He asked in a curious tone. He didn’t know why they had stopped, but he couldn’t help but get a bad feeling about it.

Maylee simply smiled and shook her head, finding his reasoning funny. She had stopped the men coming and couldn't help but hold tight to Alex, her hands held onto the one he wrapped around her. When the men came to a stop so did Alex, not far from them. Maylee wanted nothing more then to hide behind Alex at that moment. She swallowed hard as Alex asked if he could 'help' the men. She was shaking slightly, though she trusted Alex to keep her safe.

The men looked over the boy and girl who sat on the horse before him. The younger of the two laughed lightly at how scared the girl looked. The older one, who was clearly the boss, spoke for the pair. "we just wondered where a young man and ... beautiful young lady... like you two are going..." He looked Maylee over and looked back to Alex, a easy smirk on his lips. "That's a lovely silk dress she has there... I bet that feels good on your skin" The pair laughed watching as Maylee pressed harder back against Alex, almost like she was trying to slip inside him.

As Maylee had pressed herself against him some more, Alex could feel the way she was shaking. He knew she was scared of these two men, and in a way, he couldn't really blame her as they didn't look like the friendliest bunch of guys. His eyes drifted from the older guy, to the younger guy and then back again. He fixed his attention on the older guy as he spoke. "So, you both ride across that field, stopping us specifically, just to ask where we are going?" He raised an eyebrow and shook his head. "Where we are going is of no concern to you, and that dress might look good on her, but there's no way in hell that you're going to be getting your hands on it or her for that matter, so why don't you just turn your horses around and ride back across that field you came from." He said, his tone becoming quite serious. Now he really couldn't seem to shake the feeling that something was going to happen. Looking over the two men, Alex could see that their intentions really didn't look to be good. Alex didn't really want to fight for two reasons. Firstly, he would usually only fight when he really had to, and secondly, he knew that it wouldn't turn out too good for whoever he was going to be fighting with. "If there is nothing else, then we will be on our way." With that said, he pulled on their horse's reins and started to direct the horse around the horse of the younger guy.

The men both laughed when Alex didn't seem to believe the reason they rode over there, or at least the reason they told him. The younger of the group was looking Maylee over. A smirked grew on his face when told they would be touching her, or her dress. As the Alex tried to ride past the boy he pulled his horses in the way. His mud brown eyes locked on Maylee's when she looked up. He saw the horror and fear in her eyes, it made him smile. The older one was the one to speak. "We'll see about that" He laughed. Thinking there was nothing the younger boy could do to stop them. With a look he had the other young man moving from their way.

Maylee could do little more then look up at the boy who moved in-front of them. She swallowed hard and once more looked down. She waited until Alex had them far away from the men before speaking. "I don't think that will be the last we see of them." Her voice was soft, gentle and full of fear. She looked back Alex and her green eyes took in his face. She let her head rest against his shoulder, not knowing what else to say. She was once again hit the need to be home, she wanted her father's men to find them. She wanted to be home in the stone walls she had hated for so long.

Alex really didn’t get a good feeling about the two men, especially when the younger one cut him off as he had tried to go around the pair. He narrowed his eyes at the two men as he noticed the way in which they had been looking at Maylee. The smirks on their faces didn’t really help either, and it only made him think the two men really were only after one thing. He could see they wanted Maylee, but Alex had absolutely no intentions of letting anything happen to her. Sure, he may have kidnapped her, but he wasn’t going to let her come to any harm. That was the last thing he planned on doing. Alex heard the last thing the older guy had said to him and he just shook his head. It didn’t come as much of a surprise to him that the older guy had thought that him and his younger friend would have the advantage over Alex. Maybe the two men were too caught up in looking at Maylee to notice the sword in a sheath on Alex’s back.

Alex kicked his heels into the horse’s side, causing it to break into a canter. He wanted to put as much distance between the men and him and Maylee as he possibly could. Alex turned his attention back to Maylee as she spoke. He sighed softly to himself and nodded his head in agreement with what she had said. ”I hate to admit it, but I think you might be right Maylee. Don’t worry though as I don’t plan on letting anything happen to you. I will cut them down with my blade before I let them lay a finger on you. Now it seems we really do have a reason to get ourselves to a small town or city. I don’t think it would be advisable for us to sleep outside again tonight, especially if those guys are going to be about. The sooner we get somewhere, the better.” His voice had become serious as he had said this to her. ”Don’t be scared Maylee. You will be okay as long as you are with me.” He said as his tone became softer than before.

The pair rode away and Maylee commented about the guys. She looked back at him and offered him a soft smile. "I trust you" Her voice was soft and she was unsure if he had even heard her. Her hold on his hand was still tight, she had laced their finger and she hugged his arm to her body. The rode on, and time passed with little words between them. The sun was high in the sky and Maylee's stomach was starting to hurt. She was use to eating her fill when ever she wanted and now she found she got hungry a lot. She didn't say anything though, simply kept her green eyes ahead of them. "Was your training hard?" She asked lightly. She knew that some kings trained their knight much harder then her father did.

(OOC: Sorry. school has been kicking my ass)

Alex did hear Maylee as she had told him that she trusted him, and it did make him smile a little more. He was glad that she trusted him, he genuinely was. ”Thank you Maylee. Your trust means a lot to me.” He spoke softly as they continued riding on. Alex didn’t really know how long they were riding for, but nothing was said between the pair for quite some time. In reality, they had been riding for almost one whole hour without talking. As the sun rose high in the sky, the temperature gradually started to increase. It was shortly after this that she asked her question. Alex thought it over for a moment and then nodded his head. ”Yes, my training was very tough. We would have to run miles and miles each day, and then there was the sparring we would always have to do with each other. It was difficult, very difficult.” He sighed a little to himself as they continued riding on. ”We have been riding for a while now. What do you say we find somewhere to stop for a bit?” He suggested to her, not sure as to whether she wanted to stop or just carry on riding.

((That's okay, you don't have to apologize.))

Maylee blushed at Alex's words though she didn't say anything. The pair rode with out speak for sometime before she asked of Alex's training. She listened as he spoke of his training. She couldn't think of what it would be liked to run miles each day. Hearing him sigh she felt bad for bringing it up. As she went to tell him how sorry she was for asking he spoke again. Nodding she spoke. "Stopping sounds nice."
Her legs and back where growing stiff from all the riding. The whole time they rode she didn't let go of his hand, her fingers still laced with his. She couldn't help but looked behind them, she didn't see the men and could only hope they had moved on.

Alex nodded his head as Maylee had said how stopping sounded nice. He had to admit that he also liked the idea of stopping, just so he could stretch his legs. After all, riding for so long really did do a number on his legs. ”Okay, well we will stop somewhere as soon as we can find a good place to stop.” As he continued trying to find somewhere for them to stop, he couldn’t help but notice the way in which Maylee kept looking back over her shoulder. Alex gave her hand another gentle squeeze. ”Don’t worry Maylee. I won’t let those guys touch you. Even if they are behind us, they are going to be behind us by at least a few hours as they did ride off in the other direction.” He tried his best to reassure her, even though he had no idea if he may have done a good job or not.

It was nearly fifteen minutes later that he was eventually able to find somewhere for the both of them to stop. Over on their left side was a cluster of trees surrounded by a large patch of grass that would be more than large enough for them to sit and relax on. Alex pulled on the reins and directed the horse over to the small opening by the group of trees. It didn’t take him too long to get there, and he brought the horse to a stop over by one of the trees. He slipped off the horse’s back and then offered his hand to Maylee so she could get off too. His hand remained in hers as he helped her off the horse. ”I will get you something to eat Maylee.” He said with a small smile. ”You must be feeling a little hungry huh.” He added a second or so later.

Maylee could do little more then blush when Alex spoke. Embarrassed that he had seen her looking and knew why she had been doing so. It took a few more minutes but a clearing soon came up. She happily took his hand and slid from the horse, though her legs shook a bit. She walked slowly around, her legs starting to wake up. Nodding she shot him a shy smile, she was hungry. "Its all so different." She said lightly. Her finger brushed lightly over the leaves of the tree she looked at. Everything with in the castle walls were so well kept, everything had its place and it had to be prefect. However out here everything seemed to run wild. "Do you live in the castle... or do you have your own home?" She questioned. Looking back at him she couldn't help but feel her stomach twist in a funny way. She took a deep breath and looked back to the tree. She smiled at the chipmunk that looked back at her. She moved slowly and walked back toward Alex.

Alex couldn't help but smile when he saw Maylee blushing again. Sure, he may have known why she was blushing, but that didn't really stop him from thinking she looked really cute. As he helped her off the horse, he could see how she looked a little shaky on her legs. He watched her for a few moments before seeing the horse walk off to eat some of the grass. He turned his attention back to Maylee a second or so later when he heard her speak. Alex smiled a little as he watched her. "I guess you could say it's different everywhere Maylee. The more places we visit, the more you will see how different everything can really be." He raised his arms into the air, stretching just a little bit and then he walked around to get the blood pumping in his legs once more. Alex stopped and turned in Maylee's direction, thinking over her question. "I wish I did have my own home, but no, I live in the castle." He tilted his head to the side slightly. "Do you live in your castle too Maylee?" He asked her as she had turned to walk back towards him. As she walked back towards him, he turned and walked over to the horse as it ate some grass. He stopped by the horse and opened up his pack that was on the horse. Alex reached inside the pack and fumbled around for a few moments before he eventually pulled out some sandwiches and drinks. He turned and handed some of the sandwiches to Maylee as she came up beside him. "Here you go Maylee. I know it might not be much, but hopefully we will be able to have a proper meal if we can make it into some town later today." He turned and closed up his pack before facing Maylee once more. " Come, let us sit down and eat." He smiled and pulled off his coat once more. "You may sit on this again, if you wish." He said with a warm smile.

Maylee asked where he lived, knowing some knights had their own homes. She looked at him, tried not to laugh at how he tilted his head. His question took her by shock. "Yes I live in the castle." She followed him as he walked to the horse to get them something to eat. "Thank you" She said before she moved to sit on the boat. "I'm sorry if I ask silly question." She said lightly. She ripped the sandwich up, popping the bites into her mouth. It didn't take long for Maylee to finish off her sandwich.
Sitting there she couldn't help but think over everything that had happened. She couldn't help but wonder if her father and Alex's King had been in a fight. She knew she was of marrying age, and a number of kings had put in for her hand. "What if your king.... plans to force me to marry him?" She wasn't truly asking him. Just musing over ideas.

Alex just smiled and nodded his head as Maylee told him she lived in her castle. There again, there was a part of him that really should have expected her to answer the way she did. She was a Princess after all, and Alex couldn't be sure that any king would allow his daughter to live outside of the castle in her own home. He didn't really agree with the way that most kings would think when it came to their daughters, but there really was nothing he could do about it. "I did have a feeling you were going to say you lived in your castle, but I thought it would be better to ask either way." He said as he sat down beside her. As he sat down beside her, he started to eat his own sandwich that he had taken out for himself. He smiled and shook his head a second later. "You don't ask silly questions Maylee. It's nice that you're actually so curious, it really is. Don't think of your questions as being silly." He said with a smile. When he saw how quick she was to finish her sandwich, he looked back to her once more. "Are you still hungry Maylee? Do you want some of my sandwich?" He asked her as he broke off part of his sandwich for her.

He had leaned back a little bit as he continued to eat his sandwich. Alex heard the question posed by Maylee and a thoughtful expression soon formed on his face. "I don't know Maylee. I will do my best to keep you away from him okay. Hopefully we won't get back to my kingdom for some time to come yet.....hopefully anyway. The longer it takes us to get back there, the better it will be for you." He said as his tone became a little more serious. "There will always be the chance that your people will find us and take you back home." He spoke in a soft tone as he relaxed a little bit, sitting beside her.

Maylee looked between him and the part of sandwich he offered her. She took it slowly and smiled. "thank you" She ate the bit of sandwich he had been nice enough to share with. She mused over some idea's of what his king could want with her. However one thing worried her and she voiced it our loud. Her green eyes looked toward Alex when he spoke. Taking a deep breath she tried once more to talk him into returning her. "Pleas Just take me back Alex. I'll explained everything, I'll tell my father you saved me from the kidnapper." Turning toward him she took his hands in her own. "Please... You could marry have your own home. Not have to serve someone you don't truly like... Please Alex?" She asked promised herself she wouldn't ask him any more. Yet here she was on her knees begging him to take her home. She would cover for him, ensure her father tired to save his parents.

Alex smiled and nodded his head as Maylee had thanked him for the half of his sandwich he had given her. Alex finished off the rest of his sandwich that he had left, and it was shortly after this that he heard what Maylee had asked him. His eyes met with hers as she took his hands in her own, and he sighed softly to himself and then he looked down towards the ground for a moment. A few seconds passed before his eyes met with hers once more. "Maylee....I don't know if I can. There's a part of me that does want to take you back, but what guarantee do you have that your father is going to believe I saved you from the kidnapper? He's going to know it was me," He shifted just a little bit closer to her and exhaled slowly through his nose. "I-I....have to save my parents Maylee....I have to. What could your father do to help my parents if I take you back home? What makes you think he would even want to do anything to help them?" He asked in a curious yet slightly concerned tone. Alex genuinely did want to take Maylee back to her kingdom, but at the same time, he couldn't help but feel worried about what was going to happen to his parents if he were to fail in his assignment. "Can you just give me some time to think it over Maylee?" He whispered softly to her. "Look....I'm not saying no.....but I'm not saying yes either." He added a second or so later.

Once more Maylee asked Alex to take her home. promising to do everything she could to help him, and she would. Their eyes met and she hoped he could see the pleading in her green orbs. She took his his hands and watched as he looked down. Tears burned her eyes, she knew what he was going to say. She shook his head when he shifted closer. "He wont know... I swear it. I'll tell him, I'll make him believe me. I'll do everything I can for you." It was her turn to look down, because she didn't know how to answer his question. She pulled her hands from his when he asked for time. She simply nodded as she sat back on his coat. He wasn't saying yes or no, but she knew what he would pick. His parents where more imported then she was to him. She wasn't even his princess. She had been stupid to ask such things. Her hands were in her lap as she cried lightly to herself. The more the poked around the more hope she had he take her home. Though she knew he wouldn't, he was loyal and was trying simply to make her feel better.

Alex felt really bad that he couldn't really take Maylee home right now. All he wanted to do was to take her home, so she could go back to the life she knew. He wanted to take her home, but at the same time, he did want to save his parents, and he didn't really want to think about what was going to happen to his parents if he was unable to bring Maylee to his King. He felt even worse as she pulled her hands away from his and started crying. He really did want to believe everything she said to him, but there was still that small part of him that constantly worried about his parents welfare. Alex moved closer to her as she had moved back onto his coat. He moved beside her and placed his hand gently over hers as she rested her hands in her lap. "Maylee....please don't cry. You don't know how hard this is for me. I feel torn as to what to do Maylee." He said in a soft tone to her. "I would love to just let you go back home, I really would....but I worry about my parents and what my King might do to them if I defy him. Please try to understand Maylee." He said in a whisper as he sat beside her.

Maylee tried to keep the sound of cries to herself. She whimpered against her lips as the tears slid down her cheeks. She didn't look at Alex as she moved closer, placing his hand on hers. She simply nodded as she sat there. "We should get going then." Her voice was weak as once more pulled away from him. She stood, brushing her dress to go stand by the horse. Her hands moved gently over the horses neck as she waited for Alex. She couldn't help but feel confused by his action. He had been so nice, he said they take their time to his kingdom. Why would it matter if he he just took her home. She didn't say anything though. She had let herself relax around him, to feel safe and trust him. But he wasn't her knight, he was the knight of another kingdom who was kidnapping her. She wouldn't make it harder on him, she knew he simply wanted to save his parents. However she couldn't open herself up to him anymore.

Alex could see that he had hurt Maylee and it seemed as if there was nothing he could say that would make her feel any better. Of course he knew one thing that would make her feel better, but he also knew that it was something he wouldn't really be able to do. He sighed softly to himself as she rose to her feet and walked back over to the horse. Alex rose to his feet and picked his coat up and off the floor. After brushing his coat down, he slipped it back on and walked back over to the horse. Alex climbed up onto the horse's back just behind Maylee, and once again, he slipped his arm around her waist. "I really am very sorry Maylee." He whispered softly to her as he directed the horse back out onto the dirt road. He kicked his heels into the horse's side as it broke into another canter. They rode for at least thirty minutes without a single word being spoken between them. Finally Alex felt he had to break the silence. "Maylee....is there anything I can say to make you feel better?"

Maylee simply nodded when Alex said he was sorry. She knew he was, and she didn't blame him. When his arm moved around her middle she simply held onto the front of the saddle. It felt funny not holding onto his arm, but she needed to make this any harder on the both of them. It was thirty minutes before Alex finally spoke. She shook her head at his question. "No... none of this is your fault. I don't blame you. It was silly to think you would take me home. " While she had stopped crying sadness still filled her voice. She closed her eyes and simply sat there in his arms. She couldn't help but feel silly, she had started to fall for him. With a deep breath she spoke after another few minutes. "Maybe you should just take me right to your king. I don't want to be the reason your family are hurt." She didn't really want to go right to his king, she had been happy at the thought of seeing other kingdoms.

Back
Top Bottom