Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess (MysticSparxman x Misalavan)

Alex didn't really think it was too big of a deal if he were to take the longest possible route back to his kingdom. Sure, he knew that it wouldn't be too good for him if his king were to ever find out, it wouldn't be too good at all. Still, Alex felt bad for kidnapping her and even though he had only taken her the previous day, it didn't change the fact he didn't want his king to harm her. He ate some more of the food that Maylee had given back to him, and when he was done, he rose to his feet. Once he was on his feet, he looked back down at Maylee. "It's time for us to make a move Maylee. Hopefully we will be able to get to a city later today, depending on how much ground we can cover." He smiled a little bit and then offered his hand to Maylee to help her up and off the ground.

(I just saw half of my last post didn't posts... opps sorry about that)

It didn't take long for Alex to be ready to move. She took his hand and stood up. She brushed her back end before moving to pick up the coat. The one side covered in mud from where it had been on the grown. She did her best t help clean it off before heading toward the horse. Once more she first to mount the horse, she waited for Alex to mount up behind her. Her green eyes looked over the land before them. As they rode along she tried to think of something to say. "What was your childhood like?" She asked lightly. She knew what it was like to grow up as a princess, and as a lady. However she had never been able to talk to the knights, it wasn't aloud. She couldn't help but wonder what his life had been like.

((That's okay, don't worry about it :) ))

After Maylee had helped to clean his coat, he slipped it back on as she had headed back over towards the horse. Alex followed after her and waited for her to mount the horse. As soon as she was on, he climbed on behind her and took a hold of the horse's reins in one hand. His other arm slipped around her waist, and he kicked his heels into the horse's sides. The horse broke into a gentle canter, and then he thought about Maylee's question for a moment. Finally, he answered her question. "Hmm, my childhood was okay I guess. I mean it was good when I was travelling around with my parents, going from kingdom to kingdom. It was something I enjoyed, but then my parents realized we couldn't keep travelling around and needed to settle down somewhere. It wasn't so bad when we got to my kingdom, but then it was a year or so after we got there that things changed. That was when my parents went to prison and my king basically took me under his wing. I didn't have much of a childhood after that. Most of my childhood after that consisted of training and working." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. "What was your childhood like Maylee?" He asked as the horse continued cantering along the dirt road. "Oh, what should we call this horse?" He asked with a smile.

When she felt Alex's arm once again go around her waist she smiled softly. She didn't mean to smile it was just what happened when he made the action. Her hand and arm rested on top of his. She listened as he explained his childhood her, though it didn't give her much insight. She smiled and looked over her shoulder at him. "I am a princess, my childhood was good as most would think. But the truth is it was sad, often lonely. I had lots of schooling, and while I was given many things I have to be careful not to break them, or play to loudly. My only friends were slaves hired to care for me, and they were much older and not much fun." She looked forward once again. While most would kill to have her life, she knew just how sad and lonely it could be. Her body was rested slightly against his and she laughed at his question. Reaching out she petted his neck. "We should call him kidnapper" She teased him with a smile.

He felt Maylee resting her hand and arm over his own arm as it had snaked around her waist, and it made him smile a little. He didn't really know why it made him smile, but it did for some reason. His eyes met with hers as she had looked back over her shoulder at him, and he listened to her as she told him about her own childhood. Alex had to admit that it sounded as if her childhood hadn't been the best either. "You know it sounds as if your childhood wasn't all that great either. I can only wonder how you coped with having friends who were just hired to care for you. I would want friends who actually wanted to be my friends." He spoke in a soft tone. "Maybe you will get the chance to make genuine friends. Friends who aren't hired for you." He said, meaning every word he said to her. He couldn't help but laugh at the name she had suggested for the horse. "Hey, you're cute as well as funny." He laughed again. "We could always shorten it and call him Napper." He smiled back at her as they were soon able to reach the end of the long dirt road.

Maylee knew Alex didn't mean to hurt her, but his words had hurt. She wanted friends, and had grown up all alone. She didn't speak again until he asked what they should call the horse. She teased him with the name she picked out. She blushed when he called her cuter, her hand tightened slightly on his. She looked down and a happy smile slipped onto her face. She had never been called cute before, and she never thought anyone meant it when they called her beautiful. After all she was the princess, they couldn't call her ugly. She looked back at him and shook her head. "No... then everyone will think its because he is lazy." She teased looked forward again.
The rode along for a few minutes before she asked him ore questions. "Did you have friends?" Her eyes jumped back toward him for only a moment. "Last night... when I spoke of you marrying you said you didn't know if you could live differently then just being alone.... Wouldn't you want to try?" Her fingers played along his, her skin soft and gentle. Her green eyes watched the way her fingers danced along his skin. "Your lucky, you could marry for love... not because your told you must ... wouldn't you want that?" Love was not something she would be given in marriage. Royal's didn't marry for love, they married because it was best for the kingdom or the best blood line. She knew there was no love between her parents, they didn't even share a room. While her father was a great king, he couldn't never bring himself to love his queen.

Alex didn't really think his words would have hurt her. He was just being honest with her, and the last thing he would have wanted to do was hurt her with his words. Since she had been looking forward when he had called her cute, he hadn't seen her blushing, but the chances were likely that he would have thought she looked even cuter if he had seen her blushing. He tilted his head to the side slightly when she had spoke of their horse. "And how do you suppose they will think he is lazy?" He laughed lightly as he had asked her this. "Our horse isn't lazy." He laughed, shaking his head. It was after this that she had asked him if he had any friends. Alex shook his head in response to her question as he directed the horse to go right after reaching the end of the dirt road. "No, I had no real friends back home. I had training partners, but no real friends." His tone had become softer as he had said this to her, and then he sighed softly to himself as she asked her other questions. Alex could feel her fingers moving along the skin of his arm, but he liked the feeling, so he said nothing to her. Before answering her question, he took a deep breath. "Yes, I would like to try....but I just don't think I would know how to. It's just that my king would never allow his knights to interact with females for fear we would become distracted and disillusioned. If we weren't training or serving him, then we would normally be in our rooms. It has been like it for so long....I just don't think I would know what to do." His voice was soft still, almost a whisper. Alex nodded his head in response to her last question. It was true that Alex did want to marry for love, but he had never been allowed to meet a girl before. "I would like to marry for love....but I haven't been allowed to meet a girl for so long. I'm not even sure I would know what love would feel like." He shrugged his shoulders. "But you should be allowed to marry for love too Maylee. It isn't right that you have to marry who you are told to marry. You should be free to choose who you wish to be with, and it shouldn't really matter if your parents approve of your choice or not. It should be down to you who you marry. Don't you want to be with someone you chose?" He asked in a soft yet curious tone.

Maylee simply laughed as he questioned her about the horses name. She gave a shake of her head before asking if he had friend. She couldn't help but think of how he must understand her feeling, the loneliness they both felt for having no friends. She couldn't help but question him more about marrying and of love.
She listened to his words, listened to how his words soften to a whisper. Looking back to him for only a moment before turning forward again. "It doesn't matter what I want Alexander, I am only a princess." Was her reply. She didn't speak for another few minutes "I want to be loved for more then just my name. but like you I have no say." Her fingers still dance along his skin. Her green eyes locked on the way her paler skin moved against his. "I hope you can break free from his hold, I hope you find love." Her voice was as soft as his had been. She looked up and her hands stopped moving against his. Sitting there she simply watched as the word went by.

Even though he knew that they both led completely different lives, Alexander realized that they both had some similarities in their lives. Both had never had any real friends before, and it seemed as if both were unable to marry for love. It only made Alex wonder what else they shared in common. Alex was quick to shake his head as she had told him that it didn't matter what she wanted. "No, you're wrong Maylee. It should matter what you want, and you may be a princess, but you are a person too. You're not just....something to be ordered around. Your happiness....it matters too." He smiled, speaking in a genuine tone to her. "You can be loved for more than just your name....but it's not going to happen if you marry the person chosen for you, and you should have a say. It is your life after all. You should be the one to decide who you wish to be with." His tone became soft as he said this to her. He just nodded his head as she had told him she wished he would be able to break free from his king and find love. "I hope so too Maylee....I really do. You deserve to love more than I do though." He said to her as they passed by a number of open fields.

Maylee liked to listen to Alex talk, she loved the softness of his voice and the gentleness he used when speaking to her. She had never been spoken to in such away. Her head shook slowly when he spoke. "You too should have a say, it is your life and you should be able to marry and love. Yet you don't, you listen to your king as I must listen to mine." She watched the fields pass them by. "It seems we are both as trapped as we can be." She couldn't help but wonder what would happen if his parents weren't being held by his king.
She smiled at his words and look back at him. "I don't deserve anything more then you do." Looking forward she didn't speak again. She simply thought over his words, she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to marry someone to love, how it would feel to love. As she got lost in her thought her fingers once more started to run along skin. She smiled at the feeling and let out a soft sigh.

There was a part of Alex that knew Maylee was right. He knew that he should be able to marry and love, but at the same time, it was difficult whilst serving under his king. "Believe me when I say I wish I could marry and love....but as long as I serve under my king....I am going to be unable to do that....and I cannot leave my kingdom as long as my parents are imprisoned there. If it weren't for the fact my parents were imprisoned, then I would have left my kingdom long ago." He sighed softly and nodded his head in agreement with what she had said about them both being trapped. "It would certainly seem as if we are both trapped. I just wish there was something we could both do so that we wouldn't be as trapped as we are now." He said as they continued cantering on down past the fields on either side of them. The road they were travelling along didn't seem as long as the previous one as they soon came to the end of it. The road curved around to the left this time. There were more fields up ahead, and further along the road, there was an elderly farmer riding in a horse drawn cart. "You deserve to be happy Maylee, and maybe when we are found by your people, you can have a talk with your father. You can tell him how you feel and how this journey has made you feel about your life. Your father is going to be so happy to have you back home safe that he will have to listen to what you say." He spoke in a soft yet serious tone as he had said this. "Just think about it okay." He said softly.

Maylee chewed on her lip before speaking again "Alex... Do you think that this is what your parents would want for you? Do you think they would want you to stay just to save them?" She asked lightly. She once more felt like she was asking, talking about something she shouldn't. Her fingers still made small circles on his skin. She spoke about how they were both trapped and she smiled lightly when he agreed. While they both came from different 'parts' of the world, their lives were so much alike. Her eyes feel on the farmer in the cart before them. She pressed slightly back into him and took a deep breath. "I'll think about it, as long as you think about leaving, finding love and marrying" She asked lightly. while it was a nice thought she knew her father wouldn't go for the idea. Her kingdom had to much riding on her marriage to a king of another kingdom. She took a deep breath and let a light sigh. Maylee felt herself getting lost of thoughts.

Alex had to think long and hard about the question Maylee had asked him about his parents. He remained silent for a few long moments after she had asked the question, but eventually, he just shrugged his shoulders. ”In all honesty…..I really don’t know Maylee. I wish I did know, but I don’t.” He let out a long, slow breath before speaking again. ”I would like to think that they would want me to stay and fight for them…..but then I always get this sinking feeling that they would just tell me to forget about them and carry on with my life away from my kingdom.” Alex sighed to himself as he had said this to her. Alex wanted to get his parents out of jail so badly, but he just couldn’t imagine his king freeing them any time soon. On top of that, he genuinely believed that his parents would end up telling him to move on with his life. Unfortunately for Alex, he couldn’t imagine doing that. ”They are my parents though….so I don’t know if I could just leave them to rot in prison like they are now. I’d just….I’d feel really bad for leaving them there and I would worry about them.” He said softly to her. It was at this point that they passed by the farmer in the cart. Alex smiled at what she said, and he nodded his head. ”Okay, I will think about leaving, finding love and marrying. I know it isn’t going to be easy, but I will definitely give it some thought. You have to stand up to your father though. Tell him you don’t want to marry whoever he has chosen for you. After all, I have no doubt that your father has probably chosen some stuck-up prince for you to marry.” Alex spoke in a serious tone, but realized too late what he had said to her. ”Oh…I’m sorry….I shouldn’t have said that.” He said in a rather apologetic tone. Even as he had said this, he still couldn’t help but enjoy the way her fingers moved ever so softly against his skin.

It was sometime before Alex answered her question. Maylee had just opened her mouth to apologize when he answered. She didn't know what he was feeling, but she could understand why he would feel such away. Her fingers kept moving, dancing along his soft skin. She offered Alex a deal, That she think about telling her father how she feels if he thinks about leaving his kingdom. She smiled, happy, when he agreed. Though she was slightly shocked when he spoke of who her father probably chose for her. She shook her head and placed her hand flat on his, her green eyes still watching the way her hand touched his. "Its ok... you don't have to be sorry. I'm sure your king was too a stuck up prince once." She looked back at him with a playful smile. Her fingers now glided along his as his hand rest against her body. "Would you every think of marrying a princess?" She wasn't sure why she had asked the question, but she did.

She looked forward and in one of the fields not far from their road was a lake. She smiled and looked back at him. "Can we go rest by the lake" She knew they hadn't been riding long, but she wanted to go put her feet in the water. It was one of the 'oddest' things about her, she loved water and swimming. She was the only one with in the royal family who could swim.

Alex had found it hard to answer Maylee's question about his parents and what they would want of him. He had answered it as best as he could, even though he didn't really know what she was going to think of his answer. He felt the way she rested her hand against his, and he did think it was a nice feeling. As she had commented about his king, Alex just nodded his head in agreement with what she had said. Alex didn't really know what his king had been like as a prince, but he knew what he was like as a king. "Well I don't know what he was like as a prince, but if what he is like now is anything to go by, then I would reckon he probably was a stuck up prince. I imagine he probably threw a whole load of tantrums when he couldn't get his own way either." He laughed a little even though there was a hint of seriousness to his tone. Her next question caught him off guard, mainly because it wasn't a question he had expected her to ask. Alex shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe I would marry a princess. I wouldn't want it to be an arranged marriage either. I would want to take the time to get to know her, learn about her, learn to love her. I'd want to know she would be the right one for me, and if she is the right one for me....well, I would want us to be as happy as my parents are together." He said, smiling softly as they had continued riding along the road.

Alex hadn't really noticed the lake in one of the fields until Maylee had pointed it out to him. He looked over in the direction she pointed to and then he saw the lake. Alex smiled a little bit and nodded his head. "We haven't been riding for long, but we can rest by the lake. Actually, I think that would be really nice." With that said, he directed the horse into the field on their right side and he directed the horse across the field towards the lake. It didn't take too long to cross the field, and he slowed the horse down to a walk as they approached the lake. Once they had reached the lake, he pulled the horse to a stop and then climbed off of the horse. He stood by the horse and offered his hand to Maylee to help her down from the horse. As soon as he had helped her down, the horse wandered over to the lake's edge and started having a drink.

Maylee couldn't help comment about his king. She smiled and looked over her shoulder at him. She asked if he would ever marry a princess. She only nodded, thinking over his answer. However she was pulled from her thought by the lake not far off. Her smile dropped when he said they hadn't been riding long. Never to riding swimming was Maylee's favorite thing to do. Her smiled grew though as they started to the lake. Her hand held tight onto his as she watched the water grow bigger. He slipped free from her hold when he slid from the horse. She took the offered hand and slid off to land gently in front of him. She smiled, but didn't let go of his hand as she pulled him toward the water. "Can you swim?" She asked lightly. Once she hit the edge of the lake, her hand slipped from his. She sat down, not caring about the blue silk of her dress. "I'm the only one in my family who can swim."

Alex didn’t really know what Maylee would make of his answer as he had told her that he would marry a princess. He hadn’t really expected himself to go into so much detail, but it had just all come out. Even though he knew that they hadn’t been riding for long, Alex didn’t really mind if they stopped by the lake. After all, they did still have the rest of the day to travel, and he was certain that they would manage to get somewhere by the evening. Where, he didn’t really know, but he did know they would get somewhere. He looked up at Maylee with a smile as he helped her off the horse. He was a little surprised when she didn’t let go of his hand. As surprised as he was, it did bring a smile to his face and he nodded his head in response to her question. ”Yes I can swim. I can swim really well too. It is a little odd that you are the only one in your family who can swim though. How is it that you learned to swim and no-one else in your family did.” He did sound a little confused as he had said this to her. Alex saw her sitting on the ground before he could put his coat down for her. ”Oh Maylee, aren’t you worried you are going to get your dress dirty? Would you like me to put my coat down for you?” He asked her as he took off his coat for her just in case she did actually want him to put his coat down for her.

Maylee heard the confusion in Alex's voice when he questioned how she knew to swim. She swallowed hard and looked back toward the water. "Its... its a pretty sad story, and makes it pretty funny that I like water." Her hands played with some tall grass. "When I was seven one of the slaves thought that if they killed me, they would 'break the spell' that kept her there... She threw me into the river. I seen enough dogs swim that I just kinda ... mocked it and ... I ... Well I lived" she said lightly. The truth was the water was the only freedom she had. When she would get upset with her parents she would often jump into the lake by the castle, swim to the small island in the middle. She knew they couldn't get to her until she was ready to come back. She looked up at him and smiled softly. She stood, brushing off her back end as he put the coat down. She moved to sit on one end leaving room for him. "If we are found... I'm going to tell them you saved me from the kidnapper." She told him softly. She didn't want anything to happen to him. While he was kidnapping her, he had been nothing but nice to her.

Alex remained curious as to how Maylee could swim when the rest of her family couldn’t. He nodded his head as she told him the story of how she learned to swim. He had to admit that it certainly was different. ”Well I wouldn’t go as far as to say it is a sad story. It is interesting, that’s for sure, but it isn’t sad.” He lightly tapped his chin with his finger a few times. ”Well it is sad that a slave tried to kill you, but at least you learned to swim out of it, so at least that is something.” He smiled at her, but then this just raised another question for him. ”If that slave hadn’t done what they did when you were seven, do you ever think you would have learned how to swim?” He asked as his curiosity started to get the better of him again. Alex placed his coat down on the ground for Maylee when she had risen to her feet again, and he sat down beside her on the part of the coat she had left for him. He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his knees, and then he looked out over the lake, smiling softly. He turned his attention back to Maylee when he heard what she had said. There was a look of surprise on his face. ”You would really do that Maylee?” He asked in a relatively soft tone. ”Why would you want to do that Maylee? I’ve taken you away from everything you know. Why would you want to do something nice for me?” His tone remained soft as he sat beside her, and as he sat beside her, his shoulder rubbed against hers a little bit.

Maylee gave a shrug, she wasn't sure if she would of ever learned to swim. As they say there she let him know what her plan was. She would tell them he saved her. Her green orbs were locked on the lake as he questioned why she would do such a think. A smile pulled on her lips and she let out a slow breath " Because even though you kidnapped me... you been nothing but nice toward me. You are keeping me safe, you haven't hurt me. I hope that one day you'll find love and marry, and I hope your parents are there" She smiled looking forward him.

Alex smiled a little as he listened to Maylee. His eyes met with hers for a moment as she spoke. "I do feel really bad for taking you Maylee, and I would feel even worse if anything were to happen to you whilst you are in my care. I am going to do everything I can to keep you safe as long as we are travelling together. I know our journey is going to be a long one, but hopefully we will never have to make it to my kingdom. Hopefully your people will be able to find us, find you before we get there. Anyway, I hope my parents can be there too if I am fortunate enough to be able to love and marry the right girl." He said, smiling softly to her.

Maylee didn't say anything, there was nothing to be said. Everything that could be said had already been said. She sat there watching the way the water moved. Her eyes moved to the horse as it took a few steps away from them. They had been there for a few minutes before letting out a soft sigh. "We can leave whenever your ready" She was sure they had lots of ground to cover. She waited for him to stand, and followed. Once they were on the rode again Maylee fell into a comfortable way. She sat with her back to his chest, her fingers dancing along his skin.

As soon as they had gotten back on the horse, Alex kicked his heels into the horse's sides, causing it to break into a canter again. He felt Maylee relaxing into him as his arm rested around her waist, holding her close to him. He could feel her fingers dancing along her skin, but again he said nothing because he liked the way it felt. There was silence for a few more minutes and then they passed by a closed off field that contained a large group of horses. Alex smiled a little as he saw this. "Hey Maylee, look at that." He spoke in a soft tone as he pointed over to the field with all of the horses in it.

Maylee turned her head slowly to where Alex had pointed. A smile tugged on her lips as she took in the field with horses, mares with their foals and maybe a few geldings. She took them in until her eyes fall on a little black and white. "Look how pretty." She said sitting up slightly. Her hand now solely rested against his. Her green eyes locked on the little horse as it turned to watch them ride by. In her kingdom Royal family could only ride white horses, and while she loved her horse she had always wanted a colored on. With a slight sigh she once again rested against him. While they did talk to her it was awkward at all, It was nice to just .. enjoy the moment.

Alex smiled as he saw the little black and white horse, and he couldn’t help but agree with Maylee when she had pointed out how pretty the horse really was. ”Yeah, it looks so adorable.” He watched the little horse as they rode past. ”It is a shame that little horse isn’t big enough to ride, because if it were, I would consider finding the owner and I’d ask about that little black and white horse. After all, not only must the owner live nearby, but it is clear that you like that little horse, don’t you Maylee?” He smiled as they rode past the field of horses. After passing the field, there wasn’t much to see for the next couple of minutes. Sure, there may have been more fields, but the majority of them were all open, empty fields. ”I don’t know how much travelling we have to do before we get to another city, but I am hoping that there will be a city around somewhere. If I can get us to a city, then maybe we can spend the night in an inn or motel. I think we should be able to find somewhere today though as we have nearly all day to get somewhere. Maybe we could also get you some new clothes too. Would you like that Maylee?” He asked with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom