Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess (MysticSparxman x Misalavan)

It wasn't that Alexander didn't want to talk to the princess as they were riding along. It was just that he didn't quite know the right thing to say to her. He wanted to make her feel better, but he just didn't know what to say to her. He was afraid of saying the wrong thing, which was probably why he didn't bother saying anything to her. However, when they reached the fork in the road, Alexander genuinely had no idea where to go. He had never taken this route before and had no idea where either route was going to lead. He nodded his head as she eventually told him to go left after he had asked her which way to go. "Okay, left it is." He nodded his head again before he pulled the reins of the horse to the left, directing the horse onto the left side of the fork in the road. As the horse had started walking down the lonely road, Alexander moved one hand from the rein and snaked his free arm back around her waist. "I don't know where this route leads Maylee, and I'm hoping it's not going to hold any surprises for us either. Anyway, I guess we are going to find out where this leads us huh." He said, trying to make conversation with her.

They came to a stop and clearly neither of them knew were to go. Maylee picked left and was a little shocked when he agreed. For all he knew she could be sending him back toward the castle. His arm moved back around her waist, her hands moved to rest on his arm. She nodded in agreement. "Yeah." She smiled softly. "Do you... are you married?" She asked lightly. She was just getting to that age where her father would be looking to marry her off. She didn't look forward to marrying, she didn't wish to marry someone she didn't love. Her father told her that she didn't need love to given children. She hated the idea, and hoped she be lucky enough to find someone who she could at least learn to like.

( sorry its not very good)

Alexander had no idea where this new route was going to lead and he knew that there was only one way to find out. As he directed the horse along the route, Alexander would look from his left to his right, trying to see if there was anything he could pick up on. He felt her place her hands on his arm as it had snaked around her waist, but he thought nothing of it. He did turn his attention back to her after her question though. He shook his head even though she wouldn't have been able to see him shaking his head. "No, I'm not married. I'm not married, I'm not engaged and I don't even have a girlfriend." He paused for a moment after saying this to her. "Wait a minute.....were you just hoping for a yes or no to your question?" He asked in a curious tone, wondering if he had said too much to her.

((It is perfectly fine. You gave me enough to work with anyway.))

Maylee's soft hands rested lightly on his arm as they rode along. She asked if he was married. She could feel the moment of his head, but it wasn't until he spoke that he knew the answer. She gave a small nod, and let out a laugh at his question. She didn't miss his curious tone. She simply smiled to herself and didn't answer. The truth was she hadn't been hoping for anything, she didn't know him enough to hope. However that didn't stop the jolt in her chest when she heard he was alone. It was another minute or two before she spoke again. "Is there a girl in your kingdom you like?" As they rode on she couldn't help but wonder what would happen when the sunset, where they would sleep and eat.

(School has been kicking my ass lol so I'm a little Blah thankfully only have a few classes tomorrow)

Alexander was still doing his best to keep an eye on their surroundings as the horse walked down the long and lonely road. There were trees lining both sides of the roads, so Alexander was just looking for anything that might pop out from between the trees. Of course he hoped nothing would, but still, he thought it a good idea to look just to be on the safe side. Alexander looked back to her again, even though he was only looking at the back of her head as he thought over the question she had asked him. He had to think over it a few moments more before he shook his head again. "The girls in my kingdom are nice, but there are none I like in that way. Most of my time is spent serving my king anyway, so I don't really get much time to get to know a girl long enough to like them." He said with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

((Ah, well I can understand that lol. You know you don't have to reply if you are tired. I have no problem waiting for your replies. They are usually worth waiting for anyway.))

Maylee listened to his answer and nodded her head slowly. Once again they feel into simply riding. While she had enjoyed riding she never thought she could be so bored doing so. She took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh. Time seemed to pass slowly, and as the time passed she relaxed into Alexander's hold. Her body leaned back against his and her head tilted back to rest on his shoulder. He was taller then her so she didn't have to lean to far back. Her eyes closed and her fingers moved against the skin of his arm. Her mind wondered back toward her father and the men he would of sent after her. She wondered if they would track the horse, if they had even left tracks for them to follow. She let out another soft sigh as she opened her eyes. The sun was starting to set, she knew they had to have been riding for at least four hours. "Where do you think we will stop for the night?" She asked. Her green orbs looking toward the woods on either side of them. She worried of what could be hiding just inside the tree line. Her hold on his arm tightened, pulling it closer to her.

(I'll post one or two more times then head to bed. I'm happy you enjoy my post.)

When she didn't say anything after he had answered her question, Alexander did try to think of something to say to her, but nothing seemed to come to mind. He continued riding with her and felt her relax into his hold. A small smile graced his features as she had leaned back and tilted her head back into his shoulder. He thought she must have been feeling tired, but it didn't really bother him too much. Alexander started looking around again and he noticed the way the sun seemed to be setting. He knew they were going to have to stop soon to set up camp for the night, but he needed to find a decent place to stop first. He thought over her question for all but a moment before responding. "I'd like to stop, but I just don't feel comfortable stopping along here. If we can find another field, or just another open space, then we can stop there, but I don't think stopping along here would be such a good idea, and don't worry too much because I will stay awake to watch over you as you sleep tonight." He said in a slightly reassuring tone.

((That's okay because I will be going to bed shortly myself as it is 5:33am here. Of course I enjoy your posts :) ))

Maylee smiled at his reassuring tone, though she turned her head to look at him. "If you stay up wot watch over me, how will you be able to ride tomorrow?" She asked, there was a slight teasing to her tone. She sent him a smile and look forward again. As they rode on the trees on the right started to open up, a small clearing. Maylee sat up right and smiled, happy to be able to get off the horse. She let Alexander get off before slipped free from the horse. He knees buckled a bit as she held onto the saddle for a moment. She swallowed hard and looked around, her green eyes falling on Alexander. She once again felt a fear bubble inside of her. She had never slept outside before, and they had no type of safety around them. She looked at him, unsure what she should be doing. Her stomach let out a growl and she blushed deeply. Her hands moving to rest on her stomach.

(OMG! what are you doing awake? Its about 12:33 PM here. lol good. I enjoy yours too)

Alexander thought over her question for a moment and shrugged his shoulders lightly. He didn't really know how he would be able to ride the next day if he were to stay awake all night watching over her. He was still thinking about it as the trees to the right eventually started to clear up. Alexander directed the horse into the small clearing, and then after stopping and getting off the horse, he helped Maylee to get off the horse too. He tied the horse up somewhere before he started to look around the clearing. Alexander turned his attention back to Maylee when he heard her stomach rumble. He couldn't help but grin a little bit. "You sound like you might be hungry." He said with a small smile. "I might have some bread in my pack. I'm not really sure, but I will have a look for you, and as for tonight, I might have a blanket with me too." He turned to walk back over towards the horse which was where he had left his pack. When he got there, he opened it up and looked inside. He smiled as he reached inside and pulled out a small bread roll and a woolen blanket. With both things in his hands, he walked back over to Maylee. "Here you go Maylee. Here's some bread for you." He smiled and handed her the bread. "You can sleep and I can watch over you....or I can cuddle up to you to help keep you warm tonight, and tomorrow we can continue riding and hopefully we can stop off somewhere to pick up some supplies. You know, stuff like food and anything else we might need."

((I am usually awake at this time lol. It doesn't really help that I live in England though lol. I am glad you enjoy my posts too))

Maylee could do little more then blush when her stomach let her hungry known. She watched him to move back to the horse and happily took the bread. "Thank you" She broke of a small bit and popped into her moth. She blushed deeply when he spoke of sleeping and could do little more then look away. She had never slept in the bed as a male, or even another person. She picked at the bread, eating small bites at a time. Her orbs looked him over for a moment. She held out the other half of the bread. While she was a princess she was still thoughtful of others. She didn't want to eat all the food he had. She wanted to question him more about stopping, but didn't dare. "Where ... where do you want to lay?" She asked soft. Her eyes moved around the clearing and she moved toward the middle. She looked at the ground and faced the fact her blue silk dress would be dirty. She ran her hand along her back end and slowly lowered to the ground. Once more she felt the burn of tears in her eyes.

Alexander smiled a little as Maylee took the bread from him. He watched her as she popped little bits of the bread into her mouth and was a little surprised when she offered him the other half of the bread. His blue eyes met with hers and the smile on his face widened a little as he nodded his head and took the other half of the bread from her. Alexander broke off little bits and popped them into his mouth. He stopped to think over the question she had asked him for a moment as she had moved over towards the middle of the clearing. "Wait!" He said suddenly as she had started to lower herself towards the ground. Alexander walked over to the horse and pulled off his long, crimson red and black coat that would have stopped just past his knees. He turned and walked back over to Maylee and when he reached her, he set his long coat down on the dirt ground. After doing so, he looked back up at her. "Here you go, lay on this. It will stop your dress from getting dirty. If you don't want to lay on it, you can put it on and sleep in it." He said as he rose back to his feet once again.

Maylee offered Alexander half of the bread back. She moved toward the middle of clearing and went to sit down. She stopped, eyes wide as she looked at him. She smiled softly as he placed his coat on the ground for her. "Thank you" She said. She sat down on the end of it and pulled her knees to her chest as she sat there. "Alexander .... tell me about your kingdom" Her bright green eyes turned back toward him. While the tears filled her eyes she fought to keep them from falling. She offered him a soft smile as she cuddled closer to herself the sun was setting and the air around her was starting to turn cold. She wondered if he would lay close, help keep her warm, but didn't dare ask. While he had said he would she wasn't sure she could ask, she didn't know how and beside it wasn't what a lady did.

Alexander was grateful that Maylee had offered him half of the bread back, mainly because he had been feeling a little hungry. He didn’t really mind that she was going to sit down on his coat, but that was only due to the fact he knew it could be washed at some point. He smiled and shook his head as she thanked him. ”You have nothing to thank me for Maylee. My coat is nowhere near as valuable as that dress of yours must be. Besides, it is a really nice dress and it would be such a shame to ruin it.” He spoke in a soft tone before thinking over her question. Alexander was about to answer her question, but then felt how cold the air was starting to get. Shortly after she had sat down on his coat, he picked up the blanket that he had pulled out of his pack and then he moved to sit beside Maylee. Alexander sat down beside her and pulled his knees up to his chest like she had done. After doing so, he unfolded the blanket and put it over both of their legs, and then he shifted a little closer to her so that his shoulder was bumping against hers. He lifted his arm up and wrapped it around her shoulders, holding her close to him in an attempt to get her warm and also to hopefully make her feel better. ”I will tell you all about my kingdom Maylee. What would you like to know about it? Ask and I will tell.” He said softly before using his other hand to pull the blanket up and over them some more.

Maylee thanked him for the use of his coat, blushing when he spoke of her dress. It had cost a great deal of money and was her favorite dress. However she didn't speak of such things, unsure how he would take them. She asked about his kingdom. Her eyes followed his ever move as he joined her on the ground. Another deep blush washed over her cheeks as he sat near, wrapping an arm around her. Her body was stiff as she was unsure how to react to such action. He was so different from any knight she had seen before, she couldn't help but wonder about him. Swallowing hard she asked her questions about his kingdom. "Is ... is it nice there? Do you have forest or plans? " She found herself cuddling closer to him for the warmth his body gave hers. "Is .. is your king really as mean as they say he is?" She looked up at him with her big green eyes, offering him a soft smile. She closed her eyes as she rested fully against him then. "Why have you not married?" The question was a passing thought, but she was unable to keep it from slipping from her lips.

Alexander didn't really mind offering his coat to Maylee to sit on. Of course he didn't really know how much her dress was really worth, and he didn't really think he had much of a right to ask either. After all, a knight would never ask a princess such a question. It just wasn't right. Alexander couldn't help but notice how stiff Maylee's body had become as he had first wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He looked back to her as she asked him about his kingdom. Alexander thought over her questions as she cuddled closer to him. "It is nice in my kingdom Maylee. There is a large forest just on the outskirts of my kingdom, and we have two lakes around my kingdom. There is one lake deep inside of the forest just outside of my kingdom and then there is another one a few miles away. There are large open fields all around, and it isn't uncommon to see wild horses running through those fields. It really isn't too bad there......but yes.....my king is as mean as everyone says he is." He sighed softly to himself as he had said this. "He once had a servant thrown in prison for accidentally spilling soup over his favorite shirt, and he's had people executed for such petty things. I often wonder if he did anything to my parents as he told me that my parents just left me in his kingdom, but I know my parents would never do that. I have always been curious about it, but I dare not question him." He said in a soft tone. Alexander caught Maylee's last question and smiled a little bit. He let his head rest gently against the top of her head and then he looked up towards the night sky. "I have never married because my king won't allow me to. He doesn't allow any of his knights to find partners as he says their focus should be on serving and protecting their king."

Maylee questioned about Alexander's kingdom as she cuddled closer to him. She listened as he spoke of his kingdom, and couldn't help but think of how beautiful it must be. She couldn't wait to see it, and hoped they could have some time to look around. She didn't voice that though, she didn't want him thinking her needy. She kept herself close to him as she closed her eyes. She softly asked why he had never married. His answer shocked her, she had never heard of such a thing. Her arms moved slowly, moving toward him, slipping to move around him. She was looking for more warmth. "Do it bother you... that you can't marry?" She questioned lightly.

Alexander didn't really know what Maylee would think about his kingdom from what he had told her about it, but there was a part of him that was hoping she would like it. Sure, he may have been taking her there against her will, but it didn't stop him from hoping she would like where he was taking her. Of course he knew it was going to take a while to get there, but he didn't know how long exactly. As she had slipped her arms around his waist, he let his arm slip a little further around her shoulders, and then he thought over her question before lightly shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know really. I mean....there probably would come a time when I would like to get married....but I have just never been able to meet anyone. Serving and protecting my king is a 24 hour job, so I have never really had the chance to meet anyone I could like enough to marry." He said as he looked back to her again.

Green orbs looked back up at him as he answered her final question. She offered him a weak smile before closing her eyes again. She cuddled close, taking in the warmth he was giving her. She did her best not to think of the fact she was cuddled up to a man, a knight who was taking her away from her home. She couldn't help but wonder if her father knew where they had gone. If her own knights weren't closing in on them. As the thought filled her head she drifted into a partly sleeping form. Her breathing was soft as she now rested fully against Alexander. Her thoughts where filled of her father and his men looking for her. She wondered if they give Alexander a chance to join their kingdom. He was a kind and handsome man, she was sure he would be greatly liked. "I don't want my father to kill you." She offered, though she was unaware she spoke out loud. It was clear from her tone she was half asleep. As she fully entered the dream world her dreams filled with riding across the country side, seeing all the other kingdoms. Falling in love and marrying a handsome knight.

As he held her close to him and cuddled her, Alexander had no idea that she may have been falling asleep cuddled up to him. He looked back to her and sighed softly to himself. He couldn't help but feel bad that he was taking her away from her home in the way he was. Alexander hadn't really wanted to do it, but he had no choice. He had to obey his king. "I'm sorry Maylee." He whispered ever so softly to her, and since she was half asleep, there was always the chance that she wouldn't have been able to hear him. As Alexander held her close to him, he started thinking about who could have been searching for Maylee, and it also made him wonder where they would be looking too. He heard what she said and focused on her again. It made him smile a little bit. "Come on Maylee, we should get some rest now." He whispered to her, even though he was unaware she had already fallen asleep.

A soft moan slipped from her lips and she cuddled even closer to him when he spoke to her. Her face pressed into his chest and took a deep breath. She took in the smell of him, and as odd as it was he smelt more like a man then anyone she had meant. Again moaned moaned softly her whole body rested on him. Her mouth popped slightly open and soft snore left her lips. Her arms still wrapped around him loosened their hold. Her head lolled down ward as she started to slip. Her dreams filled with that could happen when they were found and what would happen if she wasn't. Her legs slipped out in front of her, the skin of her lower legs showing. The skin was soft and slightly pale from being hidden most of the time.

When she hadn't responded to his suggestion that they go to sleep, Alexander looked down at Maylee again. He felt her whole body resting against his, and then he heard the soft snore that escaped her lips. He couldn't stop the small smile that pulled on his lips as he heard her snore. It was at this point that he knew she must have fallen asleep, and as she started to slip, he decided that it would be a better idea to lay her down. With his arm still around her shoulder, Alexander shifted his position slowly and in an attempt not to wake her up. Slowly, he laid her down on his coat as best he could, and he took her arms that were wrapped around him and he slid them across her own waist. He laid her on her back, and then Alexander laid down on his side so his body was close to her. He pulled the blanket up and over the both of them, pulling the blanket up to their shoulders. As soon as he had done this, he slid his arm across her waist and then he closed his eyes.

Maylee didn't wake as she was laid back, though a coldness washed over her. She felt him lay beside her from the warmth that washed that way. She rolled onto her side and moved closer to him, though not once did she wake up. Her breath was soft and she slept happily, as she dreamed. She was unsure of how long she had slept when she did wake. It as dark, and she could hear the horse not far from them. Her green eyes moved around, though she couldn't see much of anything. She needed to us the restroom and moved slowly to slip from Alexander's arms. She was careful not to wake him. If she had known where they were it would of been the perfect time to get away. She stood, shriving at the cold. She though of wake him, but blushed knowing he would know what she was doing. She moved slowly toward the woods. Though once a few feet away she found herself lost. She didn't know how to do such thing, she never had before. Looking over her shoulder she couldn't help but waking Alexander.

Alexander was glad that Maylee hadn't woken up when he had laid her down, and after he had laid down beside her, it took him nearly ten minutes before he was eventually able to fall asleep. As she had rolled onto her side, he had moved a little closer to her. He fell into a somewhat peaceful sleep, and he remained sleeping as she had eventually woken up and slipped out of his arms. Alexander did stir slightly as she had slipped out of his arms, but he didn't quite wake up. The only time he did actually start to wake up was when he had started to feel the lack of warmth against his body. Slowly, his eyes started to flicker open and then he pushed himself up on one arm. As he did, he noticed that Maylee wasn't there. Alexander sat up and rubbed his eyes a few times before he started to look around. "Maylee, where are you?" He called out to her as he looked around some more.

Maylee hadn't expected Alexander to wake so when he called for her she couldn't help but jump. She swallowed hard before speaking. "I'm over here... toward the trees... I .. I have to use the rest room... but..." She trailed off. She was embarrassed to have to share such information with him. She could feel her cheek heating up and was thankful he couldn't see her. She shifted from foot to foot before taking a step back toward where he was. Though now she found herself slightly scared. "Alexander" She spoke softly.

Alexander looked over in the direction in which he had heard Maylee's voice, and as he heard her voice, he slowly rose to his feet. He heard what she had said, but then noticed how she had trailed off with her sentence. "Have you umm....have you used the...umm....rest room?" He asked, calling back out to her. "What's wrong Maylee?" He asked her as she had called back out to him again.

Back
Top Bottom