Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Good Friends, Great Lovers (Stonetribe x Sweets)

Stonebones

Star
Seine was about tidying up his dorm room, humming a little diddy he heard on the radio the other day. This was something of a daily chore because his room mate, Halle, could be awfully messy. He didn't mind cleaning up after her though. True, her house keeping habits would be insufferable to any other person should they have to share a room with her. But she wasn't just his room mate... She was his best friend. She had been for as long as he could remember. And according to the clock, she would be returning any moment now.

"No you can't cancel! Damn it I told you, tonight is important--I...what?" Halle busted through the door with her typical noisiness. On the phone was her "manager" Ted, her on again off again boyfriend who almost always succeeded in making her mad. This time he canceled her show again, for the third time this month--likely because he never set up the gig to begin with. "You know what, fine. Seriously I'm done. Delete my number you prick I don't know why I even trusted you to set this up in the first place. Yeah, well fuck you too." She hung up her phone and dropped her messenger bag in the middle of the room and went to her bed on the left side of the wall.

Flopping on her back she shot a look at Seine. "Apparently Ted-the-fuck-up didn't even set up that concert for me tonight. I guess you are just gonna have to watch cartoons with me tonight." She noticed him cleaning and smiled, "Other than being a good housewife what has your day been like?"

Seine turned to the door as Halle walked into the room, frowning as he listened to her having what he could assume to be, a rather unpleasant phone call. He personally didn't know Ted very well, but from the many stories he's heard from Halle, he wasn't sure if he wanted too.

He sat down on her bed, chuckling at her crack about him being a housewife. "That's too bad, I was looking forward to being able to listen to you play without people complaining about the noise" He reached into his own bag. "On the bright side though, I rented a couple of movies today. I planned on watching them with you later this week, but if your schedule just opened up, we could have a marathon if you'd like"

He pulled out three movies. The first one was a romantic comedy. Siene was a sap for them but Halle merely tolerated them, claiming that she can only enjoy them by mentally putting obscene words in the characters mouths. Lately though, Siene has started suspecting her of actually acquiring a taste for them. The Second was a horror film. Halle loved these kinds of movies, but being as light of heart as he is, Siene would spend more or less the whole time holding onto her. He always tried to endure though, feeling that sitting through such cinema would make him tougher. Finally, the third was an adventure movie. Not too edgy, not too tame, this was easily a middle ground that they could both enjoy.

She pulled out her trademark grin, flopping to her side to look at him. "I'd like nothing better. I'll even treat you to dinner at the waffle place later if you want." She was restless. She was pumped to play at some supposed punk bar in the south city, and now she had nothing to do but deal with her...feelings.

"They aren't feelings." She mentally chided herself. She knew he only saw her as a sister, and in all honesty pushing in ANYWAY towards that direction would likely just destroy the friendship more than anything. She sighed, her eyes glazing over somewhat as he showed her the movies not really paying attention. Was it weird to cuddle and watch movies with someone you were only friends with? Was it weird that Seine was the only guy she had ever cuddled with since puberty?

Realizing he was waiting for some kind of response, she blinked nodding. "Yeah. A marathon sounds great." She responded going into a stretch. "But for the record, I totally did not mean to crash your night with the ladies Seine, I know that you were planning on going and getting your game on tonight and rolling out your game on all the unsuspecting ladies, but it wasn't my intent to screw up tonight." It was a joke, her way of thanking him for keeping her company when he could be doing anything else in the world. He always made time to do things together, always put their plans together before anything else--and regardless of her upholding her end of that bargain--she was always surprised he did.

Hearing Halle offer to go out to eat later in addition to agreeing to the marathon turned the grin on his face into a smile. Despite being friends since they were little, being able to spend time with her would never cease to lift his spirits. Controversly, he would always have a longing feeling whenever she wasn't around. She would always wander into his mind every other moment. These thoughts were usually accompanied by the words "what if..."

He let out a wishful sigh, tuning himself back into reality. He giggled at the thought of him going to a social outing and being a "player" so as to speak. "Unless I meet a girl who wants to date a guy who can't stand to kill a bug out of compassion and cries every other week from reading romance novels, I can't picture myself getting any action" He blushed a little thinking about that last bit. "So did you want to go grab a bite to eat or watch that marathon first?" He asked, tilting his head.

Back
Top Bottom