Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fade Into You (Rage&Malicious Lullaby)

"Beer it is, then." Axel smiled, swiftly pouring her a bear and setting it down in front of her. His eyes scanned back up to the bar, quickly moving about the patrons. It was around the time of night when small scuffles popped up, and that was always problemic. Depending on how terrible it got, the supernaturals may accidentally transform into their real selves. It hadn't been that bad in a long time, but Axel was always a little too weary of it happening again. He spotted a few arguments here and there, but nothing too big at the moment. Sighing in relief, he took a few empty glasses off from the counter and quickly put them away.

"Don't overdo it now." He gave her a smile, looking like a picture perfect bartender wiping a glass in his hands. "You people can really hold out on your alcohol, but at some point it still hits you. Since you're new, I'd hate to see you get a little sick." His voice was coated with concern, sounding serious but gentle. "Every time I think of one of you sick, it reminds me of that one time I walked into the bathroom with a vampire emptying his stomach from his last meal... I became slightly hemophobic after that."

Catalina took her beer after he set it for her and she sipped it slowly. She smiled at him and shrugged her shoulders. “I think I will be fine, but thank you Axel. I may not have ever had a beer or hard liquor but I think I can certainly manage. Wine is usually my poison and in my opinion, is stronger.” But that’s just because she got hit with wine harder than any other drink. As he told her about the time of that vampire, she was just taking a sip of her beer and it didn’t go down so easily. After that image was instantly put in her mind, visualizing a toilet bowl of thrown up blood?

She pushed her beer away and made a grimace. “Well, thank you for that image. I certainly won’t be forgetting that.” She laughed softly. “Although I can assure you that a vampire I am not.” She winked. “Thank you for your concern though. I appreciate that. I really do.” It was nice to know that people could still care for someone who could be considerably invincible for the most part.

Axel smiled, giving her a nod. "You guys are always surprised that I actually care about everybody's well-being in here." He glanced up, giving his patrons another quick look. "But I don't see werewolves, vampires, gargoyles, trolls, or leprechauns. I see people together having a good time. They're all coexisting, mingling with both worlds, and having a great time. Though I have to say that I wasn't always this way." He said, his voice lightly tipped with sadness. He decided not to continue and smile back at Catalina, supporting his body with the surface of the counter to rest his legs.

"So, I can already tell that you have admirers in the back." He stated , giving her a small smile. He had seen a few of the male, and a few female patrons, give her repeated glances. He didn't blame them.... she was definitely something else. He couldn't put his finger on it, but she seemed almost incredible in a way.

"I gotta say that I'm a little jealous." He smirked, "But because of our little dance earlier, they don't seem to want to talk to me to buy you a drink."

Perhaps not everyone, simply those who come from the older world that wanted every supernatural to stay hidden, all because it was easier than to try and explain. Some people just didn’t get it and while that fine, it was necessary to take into account that there were actual humans like Axel who wouldn’t judge. Not all of them were prejudice. Not all of them wanted to have the supernaturals killed for being different. “It’s nice of you to say that. Refreshing. Where I’m from, we hear stories of humans who can be accepting but we never really see it or believe. In my experience, this is the first time that I’ve witnessed it. I’ll admit, I was very nervous to come here tonight but I am glad I did. I was gladly proven wrong. It takes one success story to chance an old fashioned mindset.”

What he said next took her off guard. She nearly chortled on her beer and she, a little self-consciously even, looked around as if to try and find the admirers. She wasn’t awkward but she was old fashioned, incredibly so and she didn’t avidly seek out mates. It was probably odd considering she was indeed a werewolf, so one would think she’d be more aggressive and more carnally interested. Being a part of an old fashioned society with an even higher and older ranking, it had first took a nosedive for her libido and then her libido itself took a nosedive. It wasn’t really sexy when someone would find out her status.

“Well good, you should be jealous.” Catalina spoke when her gaze landed back on his. “Because I’m only looking at one person. The same man that I’ve been enjoying the company of since I arrived here.” She said that while directly looking at him, in the eye.
“What are you doing when you close up bar? Do you close the bar at some point?” She asked curiously.

Back
Top Bottom