Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fade Into You (Rage&Malicious Lullaby)

They said it was wrong. Some said it was welcoming into a new frontier of acceptance. Others thought it was peculiar. Most didn’t like it at all, in fact they forbid against it. A human owning a bar specifically and specially catered for those of the realm of supernatural beings? It was unheard of, preposterous. Of course, more than half of them had welcomed this new frontier but the others that were so set in their ways—okay, not most but they did carry a prominent voice in that particular society—didn’t understand and neither did they want to. One in particular was curious. She wanted to see for herself to see what all the chaos and commotion was over just a…bar.

The door opened, a gentle looking hand packed with a punch of strength, delicate looking fingers wrapped around the handle, a woman stepping in. The bar was packed, alive with good music, sounds of lively chatter. Laughter could be heard, boisterous energy and the scent was that filled with food, booze and natural merriment. In other words, it was a hoppin’ dive and those among the patrons looked to be like your normal ordinary humans. One looking in who wasn’t accustomed to the existence of supernatural beings wouldn’t think twice. They’d simply think it was a natural hot spot for anyone and everyone. But it wasn’t. At first step in and first sight, she knew that there were no humans, well, all but one. Her attention wasn’t on him though. Her attention was on the patrons.

They didn’t congregate out of fear. They looked happy, genuinely happy, as if this was a place for them to reconvene and be amongst their own, no fear of prejudice or life-threatening possibilities. It was a clean place for the most part, for a bar at least, and the environment as well as the ambiance was welcoming. She walked in and heads turned but no one lingered, no one stared. They looked out of curiosity or they didn’t at all, and went back to whatever they were doing. Even if she was dressed like she didn’t necessarily belong, she did belong.

For the most part, she tried to dress the way new modern civilization of the supernatural dressed. A skirt, dress or jeans, even shorts that would show her…ankles. Yes, she came from apart of a certain group, higher in ranking who held their noses up in the air and didn’t look below their chins. A group of power that was often the decision makers of what happened among their species. A council of a sort that she figured was as old as dinosaurs. They were set in their ways, she among them but the difference between her and them was she was curious enough to explore, open to the new possibilities and certainly wanting to live in a society and world where it was filled with more acceptance than biased prejudice. That perhaps from her word and experiences to willingly report back if she so desired, they too would see that this human was a friend, not some suspect of an accomplice with some higher crooked authority to wipe the world of their existence. She wasn’t particularly rooting for anything. She was a first timer, simply curious.

Jet black wavy hair ran down her back, touching just below her bottom. She was clad in what they called ‘jean shorts’ that had fringes at the ends, looking to have been actual full-length jeans once upon a time. She wore an orange tank top with a cropped green jacket made of some corduroy or khaki material, dyed green, and these things called bras. Oh, they were far more comfortable than a corset but she did actually have to wear underwear. It liked to ride up in places she didn’t quite enjoy but it did make her look different. Less like a matronly old hag—who had no idea what a bra was until a few hours ago—and more like someone who could fit in. It was clear she was a bit uncomfortable and definitely getting used to the idea of showing more skin than she ever did in her life when she wasn’t in the comfort of privacy or intimate situations, but she didn’t let it stop her. On her feet were black ankle boots with an inch or two high wedge and oh they were so much more comfortable than the thin high heels she was used to wearing. It was a vacation for the arches of her feet. Walking to an empty spot at the bar, the woman looked at the bar stool. It threw her off guard, seeing no backing to it. Just a padded place to sit held up by three metal stands with some black rubber thing on the ends of them and two metal circle things, parallel to each other for better standing and balance. She touched it, as if confused before she wearily slid her bottom onto it. Huh, comfy.

Turning to the bar, she rest her elbows against it and finally her eyes landed on the man she assumed to be the human. Well, by his scent, she could tell he was human.
Now what was it a friend of hers said to order? A boar? No, a bee? No, a…
“Beer for everyone!” A patron boasted and the light bulb went off in her head.
Beer. She was supposed to order a beer.

"She told me she loved me...." The man sniffed, his hands covering his face while he audibly sobbed, empty shot glasses lying still around him. "And then she runs off! Chasing off another man when my back was turned! Why am I so pitiful?!"

"Three shots of tequila!" Another man waved, two young women tucked loosely underneath his arms. "We're going all out tonight!" They all laughed at one another, sitting down comfortably on the clean stools placed in front of the bar.

"Another!" A big, hairy man called, slamming his glass mug onto the counter. "We be drinkin' till we can't get off the floor tonight!" His accent was thick and amusing, being as lively and friendly as he was.

Even for an experienced bartender, it would be impossible to pick out every single voice and to understand what had to be done. But for Axel it was child's play. He heard everything, understood everything, and immediately went to work. His movements were like water, flowing gracefully from one end to the counter to another, his hands constantly moving from mixing drinks to wiping down the messes spilled from drinks. His body never stopped, and his eyes and ears were constantly open, paying attention to every single detail. He was lucky to be gifted with this strange awareness... any other bartender would crack the first ten minutes of this job, and he was doing it all by himself.

"You're not pitiful," Axel consoled, rapidly pouring out three shots of tequila. He slid them over to the man and two women before moving onto the next order. "She just wasn't right, that's all. I'm sure you'll find that perfect woman one day, so you have to promise me that you'll get right back up and start all over again." He spoke as he worked, his mind focused on the conversation and his body focused on his job. His strong hands passed the next man a mug almost filled to the brim, making sure it reached it's destination before starting something else.

He couldn't help but think about how every single one of the customers in his bar could completely rip him to shreds of they wanted to.

He couldn't help but smile, chuckle even at how ridiculous that sounded now. The customers in his bar looked and acted just like humans. They laughed the same, cried the same, and enjoyed the same drinks. Though he had to say that they could hold their liquor much better than humans (which made him slightly jealous).

The 6' bartender finally got a bit of a break, with all of his customers being served so far. He took in a deep breath, letting his body sit still for a brief moment. He was wearing a typical bartender outfit consisting of a white collared shirt, black vest, and a red tie. His auburn hair was neatly trimmed but stylish, his amber eyes carefully watching the patrons that filled his establishment. His bar wasn't huge, but it's size wasn't to laugh at either. There were tables and booths set up all around, with a dance floor big enough to fit a decent-sized crowd with a loud Jukebox and a small stage for a band. The place was clean due to his single effort, and he made sure to keep it that way. It helped ease in the newcomers and make them feel a little more comfortable about a bar being run by a human.

With a small smile, he went back to work, pouring numerous drinks and wiping down the counter. He saw somebody sit at one of the stools from his peripheral vision, and he quickly poured one more shot before turning. He instantly knew she was a newcomer- he always remembered the pretty faces, and this was one girl that he was sure that he would never forget. Her skin looked perfect and smooth, her black hair long and beautiful. The way she glanced about and took in the surroundings made him chuckle a little, telling him that this was something new to her. With no current customers, he had some time to greet her.

"Hey there," he smiled, approaching her from behind the counter. "How can I help you this evening?" His voice was smooth and gentle, sounding friendly and inviting. When someone new walked in, he had to make sure that he didn't appear scared or hostile or it could set off the wrong vibes.

It was a bar full of interesting characters, supernaturals who had their own problems, nothing worldly but their own personal problems, akin to those of normal humans. One complaining about a lover who ran off with someone else, orders flying around and this one human alone as if he was a super human himself, able to deal with it all. Consoling the upset drunk while tending to the needs and orders of other patrons. It astounded her and when time came for him to tend to her, she was at a loss for words as she simply stared at him.

She stared at him for what seemed like a good amount of time before her functioning skills worked their ways and she cleared her throat. “Hi.” She looked from him and then past him seeing all the different little taps that held custom designed handles with names on them. Funny names but she assumed that was beer. “Um, I’m new.” Her voice was lilted with a bit of an accent, perhaps European but it sounded Middle Eastern. It was European in fact, Spanish in fact. She traveled a long ways but so far, it seemed it had been worth it. She had a friend in the Americas who taught her the ways of the modern supernatural. How to dress, how to talk, how to simply act and all about various alcohol and ways of merriment. Her friend was a supernatural as well, a shape-shifter who had the fortune to be able to perfect shifting from person to person. To this actual day, she had no idea what her friend actually looked like but their friendship stemmed past physical connection to more of a spiritual connection.

“My friend was telling me that I should order a beer. Now, I do not know what a beer is but it seems these people all do and therefore, it must be delicious. They seem very happy.” She nodded her head before glancing sideways and locking her gaze onto the very sullen man. “Well, except for him.”

Axel gave her a smile, wiping the counter clean right in front of her. She definitely wasn't from around here, and her accent was what gave it off. There weren't too many that went to his bar, but he had seen some of these supernaturals from time to time. Usually, they were young and rebellious, going against the traditional values of their families or clans to have a night out on the town. She seemed a little formal, and her speaking characteristics were... well, very odd. He couldn't help but laugh a little when she was done, understanding how new this kind of situation must be for her.

"So new to beer, huh? Here, let me get you something a little easy to start with." He spun behind the counter, grabbing a glass and quickly filled it with one of the taps. He set it down right in front of her carefully, the foam just barely grazing the top of the cup. "It's not as strong as what the others are having, but it's a good place to start." He gave her another smile, taking a quick look around to see if anybody else needed assistance. For now, he was in the clear, and something about this girl made him more curious than usual.

"Well, when people go to bars, sometimes they'll either come in for a good time or drown their sorrows." Axel told her, crossing his arms and looking over at the depressed gentleman. "Alcohol helps ease those kinds of pains, and it's the job of the bartender to listen, and to make sure he gets out alright." The man was staring at his empty glass, his mind elsewhere.

"So," Axel smiled, "what's your name? I'm Axel, and obviously I run the place."

She nodded her head and watched as he poured a glass of beer for her. She rest her hands on the bar and leaned forward, peering at the golden liquid inside of the glass. Her nose came close to the rim and she sniffed and made a face of disgust. People actually drank this? Jeez, they must have no taste buds whatsoever. Or if they do, they no longer did after drinking beer after beer. It probably killed it. Still, she was ever the curious pup and picked the glass up anyways and took a tentative sip. Hmm, it smelled worse than it actually taste, and it was a taste she could definitely acquire. The way it went down her throat was all bubbly and kind of comforting and so she took another sip, a bigger one before setting the glass down. “Hmm, I can wrap my head around that.” She smiled.

Listening to his explanation of the function of bars, she tilted her head. He acted like they were just regular everyday patrons. If he knew what they really were, he didn’t let on and neither did he seem to care. Well, so far he was scoring high on her imaginary rubric of his affiliation as well as this bar. Not that she was reporting back to anyone. Nope, she was simply satisfying her own curiosity and if she went back to Spain to tell them about her experience, she’d probably urge that they all drink more beer!

“Hello Axel. Pleasure to meet you.” She held her hand out for a cordial shake. “My name is Catalina. My friends call me Cat.” It was a far cry from what she actually was but that was the kick out of it.
Picking up her beer, she took another hearty sip, more like a gulp, definitely enjoying the way it went down her throat. “Hmm, what else do you have? I think I can do something stronger.”

"Catalina, huh? It's very nice to meet you." He shook hands with her, his grip not to loose or too strong. That was another thing he needed to learn... shaking hands. Werewolves wanted them strong, vampires wanted them delicate, etc. He found that he needed to find a happy medium and adjust to what they thought were comfortable. First impressions were a big thing, and so far he felt as if he was doing fairly well. She hadn't been giving him any signs that he had been disgusting, and she certainly hadn't rejected him as a human, so he must be doing okay.

"Something stronger, eh?" He smiled, "well then, how about a shot? Since you're knew, I'll give you the first one on the house." He spun around for a moment, grabbing different liquors and pouring them into a cocktail shaker. He started shaking, his hands moving quickly and with a purpose. Since it was just him, he had to be fast and precise, mixing them all together to make an excellent drink. After a few more moments, it was ready. He set a shot glass down in front of her and poured into it, lightly pushing it over to her.

"This you don't sip at," he smiled, "you drain it in one gulp. It's much stronger than a beer, but it'll probably taste a bit better. This is what is called a 'party shot', and is normally taken with a group of friends. Still, it's good, and I'm sure you'll like it."

She smiled softly and looked down at their hands as he shook hers. She always had a strong grip, not too tight but not too gentle either. It was a handshake of obvious authority that she did actually have but Catalina wasn’t about to let that be known. If word got out that a member of the council was in this bar, this human would lose his business so fast. Well, that is one way to ensure that he wouldn’t do this. But that would be an honest shame. All the beer would go away.

Sipping her beer again, her gaze met his and she nodded her head, a smile playing on her face. She’d definitely like something a little stronger. Her shape-shifter friend definitely told her the wonders of alcohol. She liked it. And it didn’t mean that Catalina had never had a drink before. She was more of a wine pup. She never had beer before and she certainly never had hard liquor before. Oof, she’ll be going back to Spain a changed pup that’s for sure!

Placing her glass down, her head tilted as she watched him work so quickly, so efficiently and it made her eyes widen. She had seen supernaturals move that fast but a human? Never. “Wow, you move really fast. Incredibly so.” She wanted to ask how but that could be similar to someone asking how a supernatural could be a supernatural.
The shot was ready to go and her heightened senses allowed her to get a whiff without having to lean in like she did with the beer. Oh wow, talk about strong and potent. Still, Catalina took it in her hand and looked to him as he spread his words of wisdom before doing as he said. She drank it one gulp and the liquid eased down her throat but it burned. She made a face and placed the glass back down, coughing a little bit. Talk about strong. “Oh…” But as it settled, she was left with a nice feeling and she smiled. “Can I have another? I have money. I’ll pay this time.”

Axel gave a light laugh at her compliment. "It took a lot of practice and working out for it. I needed to be quick when I'm on the job, and thankfully I have a bit of a talent at it." He winked, his attention turning to a small couple asking for a few things. He briefly left, taking what they ordered and pouring out two dark beers. He took the money, thanked them, and headed back to speak with the strange new girl. It was the time of the night when people had enough drinks and were just enjoying themselves.

"Another, eh? Alright, but don't overdue it on your first night out for fun." He smirked, quickly pouring another shot and sliding it over to her. The other patrons were either sitting at the tables or out on the party floor, becoming a large mob of grinding, hot bodies. Nobody shattered a glass yet, and there had been no scuffles so far. The night was looking good, so he could probably sit back and relax a little. Also, there weren't any of those radical thugs that came by sometimes- at least not yet.

Axel poured her another shot on standby setting down near her for whenever she was ready. "So how did you hear about this place?" He asked, cocking his head in curiosity. "This place is getting bigger and bigger, but it's not like it's famous or anything, right?" Axel wasn't really involved in the supernatural community so he really wasn't sure how his business was being received.

“You do very well Mr. Axel. I can guarantee you that right now. I can see why this place is so hopping.” After he came back and made her another, she took it and downed it like a pro, though she still made a face like the other considering it burned but man did it feel good. It felt like a giant ton of weight was being lifted from her shoulders. Sure, wine was definitely a way to make her hang upside down a chandelier but knocking back harder liquor? Oh, it hit the spot faster and since she had never had it before, it was working some wonderful magic.

Catlina set the empty glass down and sipped her beer. “I won’t overdue it but I do intend to feel, well, not normal. I think after a few more, I might join that throng of dancing bodies.” She could already feel it in her. While being a council member, she had to act a certain way and be a certain way. It meant her inhibitions were only ever released every full moon. This way at least, she could finally let go and she’d enjoy it. This place was a good spot for the supernatural. Certainly relaxing. She could see the appeal easily.

“Oh, you’d be surprised,” she started, making a grabby hand for the shot he held on stand by for her. She was contemplating just reaching over for it and at this point, she would happily do so. But then she realized if she were to give it away, she just might drive his business away. She was the equivalent of the police. A total buzz-kill. “My friend told me. Said that since I was visiting the Americas to get a real ‘American’ experience, I should come here. So here I am.”

Axel smiled at her compliment, feeling rather proud. He put a lot of work into the business, took a lot of risks, and had been the target of numerous death threats. However, simple words like the one she gave him really made him happy, making him realize that all his dedication had been worth it. There was not one patron who was heavy a bad time whether they were there for fun or there to forget their troubles. It didn't matter that they were supernaturals- to him, they were people, and all he wanted to do was put smiles on their faces.

"It's always fun throwing yourself in there." He added, looking over at the growing dancing mob. "I'd like to be in there as well, but my job is right here. I have enough fun watching them have a great time." He chuckled to himself, shaking out the tiredness in his fingers. While he was a skilled bartender, he was still only human. It was difficult keeping up with supernatural creatures, and the only thing that made it easier was that he was still young.

The door opened, and Axel glanced over to see who it was. A slight frown touched his lips, his eyes simmering with annoyance. Three men walked in wearing big black coats, their eyes looking angry with their fists itching for a fight. "Goddammit..." Axel sighed, watching them take a seat near the back corner. The patrons in the bar grew noticeably quieter, the dancing mob slowly losing it's life.

Her fingers wrapped around the shot glass and she pulled it to her, knocking it back and letting soothe down her throat. Oh, she felt so warm and tingly inside after that. Catalina sat there next, simply nursing her beer, taking occasional sips until eventually it was gone. She wanted another.
Looking up at Axel, she then let her gaze follows his, looking back at the dancing mob and she grinned. “I’m sure that perhaps one day while I am still here, I can entice you onto that dance floor. Let you relax, enjoy and be one of us. Not be the human bartender but just another patron.”

Catalina was about to ask for another beer when a sweeping chill ran up her spine and the noticeable loudness of the bar dimmed down. Turning, she let her gaze travel to the three men wearing black coats and her head tilted. They looked awfully angry. Turning back to the bar, she leaned forward to Axel. “Who are they and why do they look so angry?” She basically whispered.

"To be honest, I don't know myself." Axel frowned, crossing his arms. "But the others tend to get all quiet and nervous when they get here... I'm not that involved with your community, but I'm guessing they're some kind of police force or something. They've never approached me directly, and they act like I'm not even here." He frowned, subconsciously pouring Catalina another drink along with an extra shot. "They haven't pulled any stunts though, but they sure kill the mood once they get in. Hopefully they won't stay for long..."

He sighed once more but gave her a smile. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm already one of you. It's nice of you to try and get me out there for once- if you're serious about it, I'm sure we can try and find some time maybe before or after I close to try and break some moves out there." He chuckled at the thought, trying to avoid glancing at the strange gentlemen.

Catalina looked at him, tilting her head before taking her new refilled glass of beer and sipping it. “Police force?” She asked, swiveling a bit in her seat and looking back at the three men in black coats. “Hmm, I think I’ll go say hi.” She stood up and took her beer and her shot before glancing back at Axel. “One of these nights while I’m still here, I will get you to dance. Be it in public, in private, you will dance with me.” She grinned before walking away from the bar and walked to the gentlemen that looked all too suspicious. If they were some type of supernatural police force, that meant she had authoritative standing over them. “Hello gentlemen. Mind if I sit down with you?”

Axel blinked, reaching an arm might to attempt and try to stop her. "Hey, Catalina- don't!" But she had already walked away, turning her back and making her way over to the three men sitting in the corner. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped himself, watching her silently. What was she thinking? There was obviously something dangerous about those men, even if he wasn't sure what that was. He gulped, glancing around at the other patrons. They tried not to notice, looking away or absorbing themselves in their drinks or the dance on the floor.

"That's not good." The sullen man spoke up quietly, peering into the empty mug placed before him. "Those men... they're what we call enforcers. They make sure we stay in line, stay hidden from humans, and to behave. That girl must either be really brave... or very ignorant." Axel swallowed, watching the tense scene unfold.

The three gentlemen looked up at her and cleared their throats. One opened his mouth to promptly say no but Catalina sat down before he could. She downed her shot and set it down, relaxing back in the seat. Two of the men were staring at her but one of them was avoiding eye contact for a reason. She tilted her head and smiled a very suggestive smile, like she had a secret. “I know you.” The other two men looked at her and then at the one she was singling out. “I thought I made it clear that you were supposed to turn in your coat and never be seen in these parts ever again.” She took out a phone from her pocket, although she did fumble with it a bit. She was still learning how to use it.

One man helped her though and she smiled kindly. “Thank you, sweetheart.” She sipped her beer as she put the phone to her ear when it was suddenly snatched from her hand by the one she was giving a hard time. She snatched his wrist and her eyes flashed an onyx black, her nails growing into actual claws that were piercing into his wrist. “Excuse me?” She leaned her face in, a small snarl coming from her.

The man gulped and dropped her phone on the table, the call promptly ended of course and he looked at her with actual fear in his eyes.
“Forgive me Mag—“
“Don’t use my title.” She hissed.
”Cat—“
”Don’t you dare say my name.”
“Y-Yes of course!” Her claws were actually embedded in his skin and he was turning white. That was the whitest she’d ever seen him before.
“Do you know what I will do to you if I see you and your bats in here?”
He didn’t answer, too frozen in fear.
So she leaned in and whispered in a most polite and kind way how she’d disembowel him, gauge his eyes out and leave him on a roasted spit to…rot. He wouldn’t die. He’d just wish he did. And if he tried to again even after that, she’d do it again until there was nothing left of him and his bats.

In a heartbeat, she released his wrist and he took that as the perfect cue to get up from the booth. All three of them fled with their wings tucked between their legs and she sat back all so satisfied, her claws retracting and turning into nails and her eyes turning back to their regular shade, no longer onyx black. Catalina sat back and sipped her beer before standing up, empty shot glass in hand and sat at the bar. “I highly doubt they’ll be back. They’re illegal.”

She would know. If they had actually been legal, she'd be their immediate boss.

At first, Axel only answered her with a gaping jaw. The other patrons at the bar had the same expression, watching the three men in coats make their way towards the doors. There was an awkwardness that hung in the air before it started back up again, the people once again laughing and drinking without a care in the world. The dance was back on, and the energy was back to staggering amounts.

Finally, Axel cleared his throat. "I don't know what you did or how, but I guess I owe you a dance now, huh?" He poured her another shot, giving her a warm smile and passing it straight to her. "Oh, and this one's on me too." He had to admit that he was a little suspicious... the men looked terrified when she sat with them, and it was obvious that they knew who she was. Was she someone important, or...? Axel shook his head. That didn't matter right now. She was one of his patrons, and he was going to give her the best damn service he could offer.

She was perfectly aware that what she did left them stunned. Normally, Catalina certainly didn’t abuse her power like that but the ‘Enforcer’ program was long discontinued about a century ago. Every now then, more would pop up but they were illegal. It was the duty of those like her to put them in their place. ‘Enforcers’ tended not to fear much of anything. But they did fear Magistrates.

Catalina let her gaze fall to him and she smiled a bit brightly. “Yes, you do. I’d say so. If that made it so I get a dance from you, I should do that more often.” Of course, she wasn’t about to say what. Supernaturals of her standing don’t usually make themselves known because they treatment is different. In this case, she didn’t want this bartender sucking up to her because he knew she could shut him down with a snap of her fingers. No, she just wanted to be like any other and enjoy herself. She didn’t carry her title everywhere but it did come in handy.
“Oh Axel, what I did was nothing. I won’t keep taking freebies from you.” But she did take that shot and down it, enjoying it nicely but for right now, she was going to stick to her beer. She was nursing it now. “But I will keep pestering you about that dance.”

Taking matters into her own hands and because she did have a good amount of alcohol in her, Catalina climbed up onto the bar and stood atop it. She whistled loudly, creating silence in the entire bar. “Attention! Attention!” All eyes were on her.
“Would any of you mind if I were to steal our gracious bartender for a dance? It would mean no drinks for one song. Will you survive?!”

Cheers, hoots and hollers. She was taking that as a yes. “The next round is for the house and…” She hopped off the bar and smiled at Axel. “It’s on me!” That way she could definitely get her dance. All this, just for a dance. No, all this just because she was that inebriated.

Once more, Axel gaped at her, dropping the rag that had been clutched in his hand. He had noticed that she was different from all the other patrons when she walked in, and she had surprised him yet again. That surprise was replaced with relief and happiness, making him chuckle and pick up the cloth. She was definitely something, but a part of him couldn't help but think more into it. Nobody had ever approached those men before, but she did it with no problem. Maybe she was just another supernatural, but his gut was telling him otherwise. With a shake of his head, he rid himself of that thought.

"Alright, looks like I'm on break for one song." He chuckled, throwing the rag underneath the counter. "It's about time I break down on that dance floor." He couldn't remembered the last time he danced with somebody... or met somebody that was so adamant about dancing with him. He stepped out from behind the counter, straightening his tie and his vest. If he was going to break into some moves, he should at least look stylish.

"Lead the way." He smiled.

Catalina took a hearty sip of her beer before placing it back down. She got up and waited for him to come around from behind the bar before taking his hand. Leading him to the designated dance floor, the music started up loudly, a thumping, fast paced song with rock beats, clashing metals and some electronic back up. She had looked at the way everyone else was dancing. Girls dancing close to their male partners, hands touching, bodies touching, sweating and grinding and suddenly she wasn’t sure if it was something she could do.

It was one thing to want to dance but it was another to not dance like she was from the renaissance. Swallowing hard, she looked to Axel and smiled a sheepish dance. People were well on their way to dancing and she was just standing there like the awkward one out. “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize—I don’t know how to dance like they do.” She had moved to him to loudly say it but not so loudly that the entire bar would know.

Sometimes she really hated that from where she came from and how things were run. Many factors that she didn’t take into consideration and that she didn’t ask her shape shifter friend about.

Axel couldn't help but laugh, expecting a result like this. The couples were definitely dirty dancing, but there were still groups of friends just having fun and writhing their bodies about. "Don't worry," Axel smiled, "just listen to me and relax!" He raised his voice a little so that she could hear him. "Just loosen up your body, and let the alcohol and excitement move you!" Although he had no alcohol in his system, he could still get down a little bit. He moved in a little close to her, just lightly hopping his body with the music... he would need to get a little bit of a start.

They were being moved around slightly by the dancing crowd, but it wasn't uncomfortable. "Here," Axel gave her a light chuckle, leaning in to talk to her ear so that she could hear him. "Don't worry, I won't try anything, but just trust me." He moved in behind her, placing his hands softly onto her hips. He wasn't grinding, but he stood above her, still moving with the music. "Now you don't look out of place." He smirked.

Catalina nodded and she started moving her feet in place but she was just stepping and she felt like such a dork. So she had power, but it didn’t mean she completely modernized. She was learning a lot more than she thought she would be that night. She liked it but it was also scary considering she didn’t quite fancy embarrassing herself. Still, she wanted to take what he was saying to true, let the alcohol get into her system and simply lose herself. Except she was still failing epically and being easily swayed by the moving crowd.

Looking at Axel, she swallowed hard when he got in closer. She had never been so close to a man like this in such a long time, she had forgotten greatly. Nonetheless, she nodded her head and looked back at him as he moved behind her and placed his hands on her hips. If anything, it made her go suddenly so stiff and impossible to loosen up now since a man was touching her but his voice in her ear was soothing, his breath on her skin was tantalizing and her heart was beating so fast, she thought she might accidentally turn right there in front of a bar of one human and plenty of supernaturals.

But that being said, Catalina found herself easily capable of being able to let go, relax and all into him. He was comforting and felt like a wall that couldn’t be penetrated so no one would be able to see just what a terrible modern dancer she was. But she liked him behind her, she liked him touching her like this and she liked that feeling she got when she moved her hips from side to side. Against his front. Now this is what they called dancing.

And this kind of dancing needed to be brought into ‘Old Spain’ immediately!

"There you go," Axel laughed behind her, his hands still gently clamped onto her hips. "You're getting it!" It still took a moment for her to get the hang of it, but when she did he was very impressed with her quick learning. They now moved and swayed comfortably with the dancing crowd, being so very close together. It wasn't long before the bartender was suddenly conscious of her swaying hips, lightly grinding against his front. He had expected something like this, but it was more arousing than he would initially thought. He cleared his throat as they continued to dance, trying desperately to take his mind off his heated situation.

Finally, after a few more minutes of a hot bliss, the song ended. Axel gave her a comedic courteous bow, mimicking a traditional custom that he had learned from some supernatural patrons that came from old-fashioned backgrounds. "Thanks for the dance, sweetheart." He gave her a wink, "now, I should probably get back to work. You said drinks were on the house, right? I'm going to have to start pouring a lot of drinks then!"

Her hands moved over his that were on her hips and she rather enjoyed that feeling, physical contact, just how their bodies moved together to the music. It was very much a lot of fun and she found herself wanting to slowly abandon her old customs and simply adapt to the new, modern takes of the civilized world among humans and supernaturals. It was quite a delicacy indeed and by the time the song was unfortunately over, her skin was warmer than it had been from her inebriation and she found herself wanting to be close to the bartender called Axel all over again. Although even Catalina knew she wouldn’t be able to finagle him into another dance. She got very lucky with those illegal Enforcers.

Turning, she watched him bow and she smiled, giving a full curtsy. “No, thank you for the dance my darling bartender.”
A soft laugh came from her and she walked to the bar and sat down on the stool. “I’m not entirely sorry for doing that. I imagine it’ll do wonders for your business and it would perhaps be the best money I ever spent.” She meant it too, especially if it meant she got to stay here a while longer. What could she say? She was warming up to the human, a little bit more than she should.

Axel moved back behind the counter, glancing about the patrons. "Yeah, that'll really help me out. Most of my money is spent running this place, so I hardly keep any for myself. Hold on, I've got to get ready to serve." He smiled, spinning about around the counter. Once again, orders were being shouted and taken, and Axel's movements were quick and precise. Luckily he had a few automatic machines for shaking and stirring drinks, and they were buzzing under the talking and the loud music of the bar. He continued to poor and move, sliding down shots or placing beers. He was starting to sweat under the work, but he kept on the speed, not slowing down for a second.

He lost track of time for a while, but when things finally slowed down he approached her, wiping some of the moisture above his brow. "That was probably the craziest rush I've ever been through..." He breathed, taking a bottle of water to his lips. He sipped it lightly and set it back down, feeling the cool liquid coarse over his heated throat. "First you get those strange men out, then you make me dance, and now you give me a workout. What are you going to make me do next, Catalina?" He flirted, wiping down the counter with a fresh towel.

Man, this had been one helluva night. He couldn't remember enjoying it so much before.

She smiled and nodded her head as he got to work. He moved fast and it still took her for a spin considering he was just a human. He was proving to be more, in fact, this entire establishment was proving to be more. It was a good place and not like it’s what she came here to do, but when she went back to Spain, if she did or whenever she decided to, she’d be giving rave reviews. Catalina enjoyed her beer as she watched in amusement but also astonishment as Axel moved about, serving everyone. It was seriously a one-man show considering he was the only one here but perhaps it’s a damn good thing that it’s only just a bar, a bar that didn’t serve food. But considering the patrons…

As things slowed down and she finished her beer, he was given a nice reprieve, able to take a sip of water and calm down, for now his patrons satisfied. She was thinking if she wanted another drink, maybe another beer, a different one, to nurse. Glancing at him though as he rounded back to her, she couldn’t help the grin on her face and shrugged. “I’m thinking. Give me some time and I just might have you do something yet.” She laughed softly. “Although, I would love another beer. I don’t care which one. I just want a beer. I like it.”

Back
Top Bottom