Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who Do YOU Write Like?

The two I get the most with my writing are Anne Rice and Stephen King. I also get Chuck Palahniuk quite a bit too. Not bad. Not bad at all. I will so take that. :)

So, since I've done some new intros, here are the results for them.

Gertrude Stein ("Starting Anew" opening post)
Anne Rice ("The Answer Is Right Beside You" opening post)
David Foster Wallace ("The End .. ??" opening post)
Lewis Carrol ("Obsessed" opening post)

I decided to put up some of my intro post to see well here is what I got from a few of my opening posts

Cory Doctorow ('An Angel in the Wilderness" opening post, "Neko uprising" opening post )
Daniel Defoe ("The Pirate Knight" opening post)
Stephen King ("Healing a King and a Kingdom" opening post, "Time Lost Knight" opening post)
James Joyce ( "A fateful law" opening post)
Jonathan Swift ("A middle age Naruto Rp" opening post)
Margret Mitchell ("His Country Angel" opening post)
James Fenimore Cooper ("A curious life of a Ronin" opening post, "Quest for a Cure" Opening post)
Charles Dickens ("Clarity of the mind and music" opening post)

William Gibson
H.P Lovecraft
Stephen King
Mark Twain
Edgar Allan Poe

I made sure to analyse multiple posts and I only put up the ones I got multiples for, William Gibson popped up a lot. I've never read any of his stuff but I'm definitely gonna be checking out his work in the near future. :)

Blows dust off

Hope no one minds too much.

I was looking through my old posts in one of my other account and found this still around. So ... reviving it. And also seeing who I now write like.

Going off what I'm currently replying to, the answers are as follows:

"Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption" Intro - Agatha Christie
"The Punisher: Marked For Death" Intro - Agatha Christie
"Shadow Hearts 4: Descending Into The Abyss" Intro - Anne Rice

Threw in the latest posts to each of active stories and got Anne Rice seven times, with Stephen King for the other.

Guess that means I either have a fairly consistent style...or that the majority of my posts read exactly the same!

Well, let's see.
I posted this on another forum years ago, and I'm curious if there was a change. I'll be using my last posts...

Anne Rice for my Slavic dictatorship plot.
Agatha Christie for my Star Wars one (no judgies!)
Stephen King for my American Revolution
Leo Tolstoy (!) for WWII
Dan Brown for Handmaid's Tale

That is odd!

Dan Brown and Steven King.

Odd, since I've never read prose from either and wouldn't really class them as my inspiration.

Ann Rice. I find that cool because we have the same birhtday.
Agatha Christie on another post I used.

So I did thing slightly differently. I pasted the first 5 posts of a roleplay together in the submission box. I did this for 11 different stories that I have started on this site. One of them, which had shorter posts with more dialogue, I got Anne Rice. The other 10 I got Agatha Christie. So I write like an old lady. I suppose that's the problem. :p

Arthur C Clarke, based on the opening of The Only Rules That Matter.
Anne Rice, based on my first post in His Redemption.
Ernest Hemingway, based on my first post in Star Wars:Eclipse.

So... I should write a story about golden age science fiction vampires and their robot assistants running with the bulls and fishing!

Arthur Clarke and Anne Rice dominated in my case, with a few hits for Ernest Hemingway, Daniel Defoe and James Fenimore Cooper. (And when it comes to pure smut, I apparently draw comparisons to H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King. Interesting. :unsure:)

When I put in my fantasy piece I got Anne Rice, when I put in my supernatural comedy I got Agata Christie. I've never read anything by Anne Rice, but I'm not going to knock being compared to Christie, her work isn't my cup of tea, but she's still a good author.

Back
Top Bottom