Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Alpha and Alisa_Perne)

AlphaZero

Dracula's not an Avenger? That lying fuck!
Jason Grave turned up the collar of his weathered old trench coat against the wind. Despite the rain driving down on the Sunset Strip the streets where still packed with the usual crowds. He reached up with one hand, pushing his sandy hair from his face before veering off the main drag down a narrow side street towards a gaudy old building at the far end that may once have been a church.

There was an irony in the choice of building that didn't escape him in her choice of building for the club. A creature shunned from Gods kingdom turning a house of the holly into a den of debauchery.

The man at the door didn't try and stop him, or tell him to get in line, he simply pulled back the velvet rope, allowing Grave into the club.

It had been a month, a month since he had last been here, a month since his last hit. He had lost track of how long this had been going on, couldn't remember when it was she had enslaved him, making him dependent on her blood in order to get by, and he would do anything for it. Last time he had killed three men for it.

A quick glance about the floor showed him that she wasn't at the table in the corner where she normally liked to hold court and instead glanced upwards to balcony where the organ had once been housed, a sheet of one way glass now in place.

He ducked into the stairwell, taking them two at a time before emerging into a dimly lit hallway with a single door at the end. He didn't bother knocking, he shoved the door open without hesitation,hoping to catch her there.

Alisa was standing with her back to the door, staring at a painting on the wall, and sipping some wine. Cigarette smoke swirled around her as she took a puff. "Graves." As she liked to call him, she would joke about how his name was appropriate, because he always seemed to have one foot in the grave. She was wearing a long black dress, it sparkled in the dim light. She pointed to a seat next to her. "Have a seat." There were two glasses and a bottle of hundred year old scotch sitting on a table next to it. "Pour us a drink old friend, and we shall get down to business." She was spinning a vial of blood in between her fingers, it glistened and glowed in the dark room, giving off a faint red glow.

She walked over to the table and sat the vial down, it gently clinked, "This is for you, to get you through the night, complete this job, and you shall drink from my veins." She took another drag of the cigarette and blew the smoke from her nose.

Blood shot grey eyes moved to the vial on the table but he made no indication of moving for it. One hand slid from his coat pocket, shacking violently as he tucked a cigarette into the corner of his mouth, firing it with a faded brass zippo before running the hand across his stubble covered chin.

"I..I wasn't interested in that..." he lied, eyes remaining locked on the vial of the precious red fluid, "I just was hoping for a little bit of work was wall. Been a slow month, bills gotta be paid and all that."

His eyes went to her then back to the vial, fighting back the impulses coursing through his body demanding that he down its contense right then and there.

"Graves...Sweet, sweet, Graves." She took a sip of her wine, "How long have you walked these streets for me, three? Four years? I know you well enough, that you want whats exactly in that vial." She smiled "Consume it. I promise you will be taken care of."

She sat in the chair next to him, the cloud of smoke seeming to follow her. "If you havent noticed, the club seems rather empty lately, and i suspect the young new pop star in town, to be behind it, she is spreading rumors about us, twice she has already threatened to expose us, we cannot have that, you already know."

She took a drag of her cigarette, "Her name is cheryl, she works at the lounge on the other end of the strip, bring her to me, and you shall be rewarded."

His hands where clamy and wet inside his coat pockets. His pulse raised as he eyed the vial.

"I don't need it. Just a little bit of..."

He knew he was lying to himself, but he knew he needed to fight this thing that had been squirming around within him. The want, the desire.

Alisa smiled a devilish fanged smile, she had him on a tight leash and he knew it. All she had to do was give him the look she always gave him, the, 'Come on, you know you want to drink it' look which is exactly what she did, and in mere seconds he would be chugging away at the vial, he looked in bad health too, lack of sleep, and her blood would cure all of that.

That was the reason it was addicting, when you drank vampire blood, if you could stomach it, you found yourself, cured of anything that was ailing you, sickness, even the most incurable of diseases would instantly be relieved from your body, you also found yourself, stronger, both physically and mentally, your vision would be clearer than it has ever been, your sense of smell, hearing, and even your sense of touch, was a hundred fold more sensitive than it had been.

She counted down in her head the seconds it would be, before Graves gave in and drained the contents of the vial 'Ten.....nine.....eight....seven....'

Jason flexed his hands inside the pockets of his coat, "No, really, I just need the money is all."

One foot rapped quickly against the floor of the office, another twitch of his nerves as fought back the urge to snatch the vial of blood off the table.

Back
Top Bottom