Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Evanescent Alvis

So my grandfather seems to be on the mend for the moment!

So that's a good load off my mind. Hope to be a little bit more...with it in general from here

And thank you Andy, for the well wishes here!

And a thank you to the others that have done similar elsewhere. It's been very...very appreciated.

So, my partners may have noticed that I've been quiet of late. Or not. Quiet stretches happen.

But in this case, it has a lot to do with my computer frying it's motherboard. So that leaves me in a bit of a pinch for writing. Hope to have it running again soon, I'll try to keep people posted from here.

Thanks for your patience in advance!

Well, things are starting to pick up a little! Have work again, starting monday, so that's great! Also managed to cobble a kind of...Frankenputer out of my keyboard, mouse, and a shitty old laptop that I won't shut off because I'm concerned that it might not come back on! But it's progress! Of a sort anyway. And these days I take what I can!

So thank you to my partners that have been patient, look to hear back from me soonish!

As am I! And as of this night/morning, I am a little bit drunk. So to all my paqrtners, Im sorry! You might get a drunk post. :p

So far looking like malice and Xana on the recieving and of it all!

It's a strange feeling.

I've been struggling to get thigns to work for a long time, and now that they largely are working, I seem to spend more time waiting for things to fall apart. I know logically they aren't likely to at this point, but my paranoid brain remains in place, runnign the odds of the eventual collapse.

I have a good job. I like this job, 9/10 times. There's shitty moments, but those come and go in any place you work. I've screwed up a few times, but the boss is pretty laid back about it.

But I feel wiped out a lot. Been focusing a lot on making thigns right IRL, making sure that I'm not distancing myself from the people I know. It has been telling on my online relationships, and that's not fair to them. I've said it before, I shouldn't and try not to put any less weight on my online friends, since they're no less a friend of mine. That being said, I've been far too quiet, adn am pretty sure I've been written off by a few, several of which I've known for awhile, and really hope I'm wrong. Choice made cost me a few friendships online lately, and I'm not eager to add to that list.

So hey, just a heads up, going to be slow on replies fer awhile. Got in an accident. broke my leg. In the hospital now. Also on my phone which is dying. So...yeah. updates as i get them!

Take care, heal up, treat yourself to some of that good Canadian healthcare. Seriously though, I hope you are okay.

Thanks lass. Thanks Xana. I appreciate the well wishes. You're both good folk

I'm going to be transferred to London hospital, as they have a better trauma center.

Going to need surgery to correct this break.

Thanks Quix.

I apparently didn't fracture my tibia, I've been informed that I basically shattered the upper third of it. Going to need a pin and some plates to make it right.

It just keeps getting better...

So I'm pinned in place now, and have been issued some crutches. I have semi mobility available to me. Being able to get up off the bed and move around a bit has been a large bonus for me.

Getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Really looking forward to that.

Also endlessly glad of being Canadian. Overall, the most anyone in the place has mentioned is the $30 for the crutches. I can't even grasp what this would have cost me in the US

Alvis Alendran said:
So I'm pinned in place now, and have been issued some crutches. I have semi mobility available to me. Being able to get up off the bed and move around a bit has been a large bonus for me.

Getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Really looking forward to that.

Also endlessly glad of being Canadian. Overall, the most anyone in the place has mentioned is the $30 for the crutches. I can't even grasp what this would have cost me in the US

Glad you're doing better Alvis. Take it easy when you get home.

Also, yeah, you don't want to know what this would have cost you here in the states.

Like I said in my PM to you, dude - take care of yourself and heal up. Writing here is a hobby - there's no rush or deadline on a reply. I won't give up on our story if you don't. :)

And now I'm home. Starting th long process of getting better. Appointment with the doc on Friday, hope to get some good news then.

Welcome home! Hope you can get plenty of rest. Take it easy. Writing can wait. Just relax. Here's hoping you hear good news from the doc.

So got a call from CCAC (Community Care Access Centre ) today. These are the people that arrange house visits for nurses and occupational therapists for people that have left the hospital recently. Nice conversation with the rep that called. Gave me a list of recommendations, having a nurse pay a call to check my bandages, look into mobility upgrades for the place, stuff like that. Even offered a drug card that would waive my prescription costs down to $2.

All of this sounded great! But even up here in Canada there are some things that you pay for, like crutches which were only $30, but this is home care. So I don't want to commit to anything without knowing the bottom line, and ask what I'm going to be paying for this.

She apologied for not leading with the fact that this is covered through my already paid taxes.

I have never loved living in Canada more than I did hearing that.

I've not really used the healthcare system up here very much. Never needed to. But I've also never bitched about paying into it. Now, really fucking glad it's there.

So on that note, I'm in high spirits! Hope to try and get some shit done creatively, if only to stave off the feeling of being stuck in bed. Watch for my posts soon I hope...

So after my first follow up with the doc on my leg, it seems like I've inherited my Dad's ability to recover from injury quickly. The surgical incisions that have been stapled shut are all healing ahead of schedule, and they seem clear of infection.

Staples are coming out tomorrow morning. Also getting an update on when I can stop haing to use crutches. I'd like to start getting my feet under me again, get myself moving properly.

Well, wish me luck! Thanks to all my well wishers, and thans for the patience of my partners!

Glad to hear your recovery is going smoothly so far! Take all the time you need, I am not going anywhere.

So the staples are out!

Incisions are basically taped shut for the next few days. Be able to have a normal shower by Friday, and should see some improvement in the few weeks to come.

Going to be a long before I'm better though. Could be several months before I'm able to put full weight on it. That...was worse news than I'd hoped.

If this turns out accurate, I'm probably losing my job, maybe permanently. So that's great. Not the way I wanted things to go.

So I'm not fired!

My boss is willing to work with me, so I'll be returning on a part time basis to the shop in a strictly sales basis. Can't be doing the fun stuff with my leg. But it's getting back in the saddle. ANd that's a good thing.

Physio starts in a few weeks, find out what kind of work I need to be doing to get back on my feet Hoping that this recovery is going ot be a speedier one than my doc thinks. Was actually fairly active today comparatively, so I'm hoping that's a sign that I'll get things rolling properly again.

So I'm hopeful.

So glad to hear you still have a job, Alvis. I know you really enjoyed this one, so I glad you don't have another thing to worry about while you heal.

Back to work now. Second day down. It's a different task at this point, and the place feels different. A co-worker has found a shitty old wheelchair and left it for my use, which does make getting around easier. He's a good guy.

I'm doing a lot more paperwork, and starting to know some of the business contacts that my boss works with. That's...actually nice. Been looking for something like that for awhile, just wish I hadn't busted my leg to do it!

It's hard though. I can't keep my foot elevated like I should, so my foot has some swelling on it that's not good, but it's gone by morning, which is good! Still, the workday is taking a lot out of me. And we got stupid busy today, so I mucked in. Found out I can lower myself to the ground and get back up without help or something to push off of. Good to know if I ever fall. And...well, contrary to the wishes of my doc and others, I muked in on a bike. Had to remove a wheel, tighten the chain and make sure it rebalanced the drum brakes. And it worked. And...well, apparently it was something to see having the guy in a leg brace hopping around to get it done.

Hoping it made my boss happy enough, certainly seemed to make the client happy. But it's a lot of work, a lot more strain on my arms to do that sort of thing. Which is good for trying to build myself up, and not good because I am bloody wiped when I get home. ><

So it's a give and take sort of thing lately. WHich is better than just a losing proposition.

Back
Top Bottom