Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hitting a home run with the rookie (Charliesweb7 & Crusade)

He looked down at her hand and then up into her eyes. "I mean, it seemed like a lot of kids I went to school with genuinely enjoyed it, but for me, it was hell. If I didn't have baseball to turn to, I think I honestly may have dropped out. It was that bad. I'm just glad things turned out the way they did. Somehow the path I've taken has gotten me here, so I can't complain," he said, flashing Tara a smile. It felt good being able to talk to her about anything like he was.

"This conversation stays off the record, though, okay?"

"Well I mean, the popular kids are always going to seem happy. You also hear the common things. I can't wait to grow up and all of that stuff.It is all rather standard." She reminded him. Being responsible wasn't all it was cracked up to be though... "Was school hard? I mean like the work for you?" She questioned. Or was it the emotional stress that made him want to drop out? Tara matched his smile, moving closer and kissing his cheek gently. "Aww man, I was looking forward to telling everyone about our little pillow talks." She joked. She adjusted, resting back into him and sinking a bit lower in the couch. "I promise I am not going to be putting that in an article or anything like that." She promised him.

"No. It had nothing at all to do with the work. I mean, given everything that happened, I was still a pretty good student. The only reason I wanted to drop out was the social awkwardness. I mean, sitting at the end of the lunch table not talking to anyone day after day was so frustrating. It was painful. I just wished I didn't have to be there. I couldn't get out of my own head. It's not like I was teased or anything, either. Just a strange time. But enough about all that. Tell me some good stuff about you. What do I need to know?" he asked, holding her close to him. He really wanted to know everything. He knew he really liked her, but learning even the most mundane things about her interested him.

It must have been hard for him. She really couldn't understand feeling so alone like that. Nor did she want to say "Oh I get how you feel" and make it seem like she really didn't care. Tara was not fond of people who seemed to have gone through everything you were going through. With a roll of her eyes, she laughed a bit. "I am really not all that interesting." She mentioned to him. "But I am not sure what you want to know. You didn't google me and Facebook stalk me you mean? Isn't that like...the norm?" She teased, smirking at him. "I mean, that is what I did." She joked. Although there was some truth to that. But her job required her to dig into his past. She just hoped that he didn't feel like confiding in her because he couldn't trust her. She wasn't dating him to post his secrets in the paper.

Evan in all honesty hadn't done much research. He liked just forming his own opinions without scouring the internet for dirt, although he knew that was really the basis for Tara's job. "I'm not really much for Facebook stalking, but you're beautiful, you're a reporter and you have my brother's heart. I think I have the major stuff covered," he said with a smile, knowing her youth must have been just as stressful as his own. He couldn't imagine having to wait for a heart to keep him alive. The thought terrified him.

"Are you covering the game tomorrow?" he asked, changing the subject, not wanting to delve into any uncomfortable territory.

Considering it had been her job to know a lot about him. Even if it was a little creepy in a sense. Tara smiled, rolling here eyes at his comment. "I am not sure what to tell you. You know about the heart surgery and that is the most interesting thing I believe." She explained. "Other than that, I am just a normal girl really. I have 4 brothers, a mom, a dad and we had three dogs." She started off. "Too bad we didn't have the white picket fence." She joked. She looked down at her feet and then back to him. "Yeah, I am. Are you excited?" She asked. It was just preseason. It didn't mean much but it was still probably a big deal to him.

"See, that's all stuff I didn't know. I'm learning," he said with a smile. When she asked him if he was excited about spring training coming to an end, Evan smirked and nodded. "I can't wait. Just want to know if I'm going to be in the rotation to start the year. It's killing me not knowing but I think I've done enough to at least start as the fifth starter, don't you?" he asked her, knowing she had the inside scoop a lot of others didn't have. Hell, she could've already known if he was making the opening day roster.

Tara smiled softly at his comment. "Well I never said you couldn't learn, it is just that I am not super interesting." She told him. Well she didn't think she was completely boring but she didn't live this amazing life. It wasn't adventures or anything like that. Tara could tell that he was excited. Baseball seemed to be his life. And after all, how many guys got to live our their dream? A smile slipped across her face and she leaned up before kissing him. "You are doing great." She encouraged him. "I hope you get to start. I would love to see you out there." She told him.

"I've just been working so hard, it would suck having to start the year off in AAA. I know that's usually what happens with rookies, but I'd like to think I broke the mold a little bit. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm damn good," he said with a laugh, playfully nudging Tara. "Well, you've seen me. Is it true that chicks dig the fastball?" he asked, smirking as he tried lightening the mood a bit. It seemed like the majority of the time their conversations had turned serious. It was nice just relaxing for a bit.

Tara almost glared at him, but she couldn't keep that face for long. "You are tooting your own horn. You are honking that thing all day and night." She joked. The border between confidence and arrogance was a hard one. He seemed to skirt it well. He was slightly a little more arrogant at the moment but nothing overly so. He needed to have confidence if he wanted to be successful. She rolled her eyes at the comment of a fast ball. "Is that some sexual innuendo you are referring to there Evan?" Tara asked, adjusting and lightly poking his side.

Evan laughed at her comment about his horn tooting and then quirked an eyebrow at her mention of a sexual innuendo. "It wasn't any sort of innuendo, but now I see where your mind is at. Naughty, naughty," he said sarcastically, giving her a playful kiss on the neck as he sighed and rested against her.

"If you play your cards right, I'll give you the fastball," he added with a laugh, letting out a groan as he shifted slightly.

Tara felt her cheeks get a little more hot. Perhaps she was blushing a little bit. "So? There is no crime against having a dirty mind Evan." She informed him. She never told him that she was completely innocent. She did think about sex. And she had thought about sex with him just a few times today alone. She let out a breath, almost a low moan as he kissed her neck. That felt so good... "Oh yeah? You want to give me a fast ball eh?" Tara asked, raising her eyebrows in response.

Evan thought of Tara as someone incredibly innocent, so hearing her speak about even the prospect of having a dirty mind brought a smile to his lips. He smirked and nodded, kissing her neck again, his tongue darting out over her flesh when he could tell she enjoyed it.

"I've thought about it a few times," he admitted. Not sure you can handle it, but there's no harm in that. Not many can," he added with a smirk, the fact he was a virgin kind of hurting his game.

With his lips on her neck again, her eyes slowly closed. "Damn Evan..." She almost whined. Why did he have to do that? He had to know it was a weakness of hers. "That feels so good." She replied, letting out a breath before inhaling deeply. There was a pause before she spoke again. "I am the only one who will be seeing your fast ball right? Or at least the first one to." She added. "Then again, would I be the ball and you be the bat? And together you would smash me out of the park?" She teased.

"Mm, you'd definitely be the first one seeing the fastball. I was thinking something more like, I'm the ball and you're the mitt and I just want to pound the strike zone...over and over and over again," he said, his words trailing off as his lips continued their work on her neck. He nibbled her skin all the way up to her earlobe, nibbling there as well, his hand draped over her side.

All of these baseball innuendos were actually kind of hot. Leaving it to a pitcher and a reporter to come up with these things. Now, could she thank of another one? "You want to come steal home?" She whispered to him. She relaxed as he kissed her neck, peppering them up to her ear lobe. A louder moan fell from her lips, followed by a small shudder. "Damn..." She cursed.

Evan wasn't sure he had anymore clever innuendos to throw her way, but judging by the way she responded to his lips on her neck, he was doing something right. With his body pressed more firmly against her own, Tara would be able to feel the fact her moans and subtle hints were driving him crazy. He breathed against her neck and his hand subtly moved higher up her side torwards her breasts.

"I want you, Tara. But I don't want to rush this if it's not what you want," he said softly, his lips trailing down toward her shoulder.

She kind of got the hint. After all, he was on top of her now practically, pushing his body down and over hers. She licked her lips, craning her neck so that he could get more access of skin on her neck. Her eyes fluttered closed as she just let him take control of her body. "I want you Evan...but this is a bit too fast." She whispered, slowly opening her eyes. "I don't mind kissing and some touching. But...not further. Is that alright?" She asked. She just wanted to know him a bit better was all. A heated make out session and some petting wasn't so bad...right?

Evan looked down at her and then nodded, letting out a groan as he realized he wasn't going to get that release he knew he needed. "Yeah. I understand," he said. He wasn't disappointed. He understood that they were moving fast. He just wanted her and wanted a release.

His hand cupped her face and his lips found hers, kissing her passionately as his other hand moved to her breast, palming it through her shirt. He could feel the heat between them and the connection in their kiss. It was something he'd never experienced before and he loved the feeling.

That didn't mean that she couldn't give him a hand. She wouldn't mind rubbing him. As far as a complete hand job..that was to be determined. But she did really like Evan. There was something between them that she just couldn't explain. Something she hadn't felt with a guy before. Maybe it was because of his brother's heart that she felt so close to him. That could be one element of it. He captured her lips, Tara kissing him back as he grasped her breasts. She pushed her chest out more, pulling him on top of her. Her hand slowly slipped down his front, moving quickly towards his sweatpants.

With him on top of her, she'd be able to tell just how tented his sweatpants were by his cock. At the very least, it'd give her an impression of how large he was. He pulled back from her lips and saw her hand moving towards his sweatpants and he smiled, sitting back on his knees. He was incredibly turned on and any bit of help she would afford him would go a long way. He couldn't remember ever feeling so drawn to a girl before. He didn't know if it was because they shared a bond or if it was because they were just good for one another or even a mixture of both. In any case, it just felt right being with her.

She locked eyes with him as he pulled away, her now stopping her hand. She toyed around with the band of his sweatpants, teasing. "You look pretty big..." She mentioned. Then again, what did she know? Not like she knew what a good one was. She had never seen one in person before. Her fingers slipped under the band, lightly running along his warm flesh. "So have you...ever had like a hand job or something?" She asked. Was she the first one? Probably not. Her definition of virgin and his were probably different. Not that it was a deal breaker in the slightest. Her fingers rubbed the band of his boxers, smiling up at him.

When she mentioned not wanting to take things too far, Evan expected that to mean nothing even remotely sexual. Her hand inside his sweatpants told otherwise and he couldn't keep from letting out a pleased groan when he felt her hand come in contact with his shaft.

"I'm a virgin in every sense of the word," he admitted, figuring there was no sense in lying about something like that. "This would be my first handjob...if you're offering," he said, his eyes locking with hers. He watched her toy with the waistband of his sweatpants, wondering what was running through that mind of hers.

Making out and perhaps some touching wasn't so bad. The clothes would still be on regardless. As much as she wanted him, she also didn't want to go so fast and then regret it. She waited all this time for the right guy. She could wait maybe a month or so before they got completely naked. "Really?" She asked him with a smile. Was it sad that she felt her heart jump a bit as well? "How about I rub you through your boxers?" She asked him. That was a good first step right?

There was something about Tara's innocence that really turned Evan on. Had he been with another girl, they'd probably have jumped at the chance to go all the way with a star baseball player. Hearing her talk about rubbing him through his boxers made him smile. He looked down at her and nodded, reaching out to give her hand a squeeze.

"Yeah. Whatever you're comfortable with," he assured her. "No rush," he added, although he wasn't entirely sure what they would do when he came. They could worry about that later, though. Hooking both his thumbs into his sweats, Evan tugged them down to his knees. He shifted on the bed to slip them all the way off. Beneath, he wore a pair of Jockey boxer briefs that hugged his massive bulge. It'd be clear to her then just how huge he was. He returned to kneel on the bed in front of her.

"How do you want to do this? Should I lay down?" he asked, clearly as nervous and inexperienced as her.

Back
Top Bottom