Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hitting a home run with the rookie (Charliesweb7 & Crusade)

charliesweb7

Supernova
She was a little nervous honestly. This was one of her first real assignments. It was spring training for The Boca Raton Bisons. It was one of America's favorite team. Like the Yankees or the Red Soxs.... but not as many people hated them. Everyone seemed to have fun. Getting into the swing of things as they easily ran drills and hit. Sure, there was a few bobbles here and there but they all worked like a machine. Hitting each throw and knocking each ball out of the park. Her rich green eyes looked the stadium. Her eyes went to the retractable roof that was currently open. The woman squinted her eyes at the bright sun. Thankfully it was sunny. And that was the point of the roof as Florida in general was known for lots of thunderstorms. They always had nice warm weather but thunderstorms. No place was perfect right?

She was on the sideline, a pen and a small pad of paper. She was quite the stunner. Shining green eyes, silky golden blonde hair. Her body was clearly something to look at. Her frame was that of a bombshell. The toned frame, long legs and large breasts along with a shapely rear. She was beautiful really. And the woman was not one to boast about it to everyone. There was a different between having confidence and being overly cocky. A body like hers took work. Eating right and making sure to stay in shape. She wasn't the lucky one that could eat like a horse and still be skinny. If only right?

The woman wore a pair of charcoal slacks, wearing a pair of black pumps. Yes, not very conducive for standing on the sidelines. Or this hot weather damn it. She wore the matching short sleeve jacket, cinching in at her waist and flaring slightly at her hips. She wore a nice teal colored satin tank, lace detail in a v-neck at the bust. It just so happened to match the teams colors. Maybe trying to make a good first impression? Possibly. Then again, who would she be trying to impress? Perhaps the man she was supposed to be watching. Number twenty six. The rookie pitcher out of the University of Southern California; The Trojans. Evan Long. But there was more reasons to be nervous than just her first assignment...

When Tara Leslie Sinclair was born, she had a heart defect. Ventricular Septal Defect is what it was called. Essentially there was a hole in between the wall of her left and right ventricles. She would need surgery rather soon to make sure that she would be okay. Once the surgery was done to close the hole, she had really no troubles for most of her life. She was able to do sports and act just like a normal child. She did sometimes have some murmurs and had to go to a cardiologist once a year to make sure she was alright with an echocardiograph. Life seemed to be perfectly fine for Tara, until she was fourteen. She got into a minor car accident. Just a small fender bender with some minor cuts and bruises. But it was her insides that had issues. Somehow... she had ripped another hole in her heart. Maybe due to the stress of the accident but she didn't even know it for a while. She progressively got worse over a few months, declining rather rapidly. That is when she was hospitalized, the doctors telling her she had another hole. Her heart was too weak for surgery for the hole to be closed. Bad circumstances. The only option left was a transplant. She was immediately put on the transplant list, hoping they could find a perfect match before time was up. Each day went by and they looked bleaker and bleaker; no one was a match. She had to be put on a machine that kept her heart beating to keep her alive. Sometimes donors waited years before they got a transplant. She had months left. It seemed that she would die...until a tragic accident occurred. A twelve year old boy was killed by a drunk driver in the town over. And he turned out to be an exact match to Tara. So she went into emergency surgery to have her new heart transplanted within hours of the accident. Of course her family was thankful that Tara was alive now, however sad for the other family. Their daughter lived...but only because of the tragedy of another family. They wanted to contact the other family but could not due to privacy issues. So that was that.

So Tara went on to live a normal life, only a small scar from the incision in surgery left to remind her physically. Well, it used to be much bigger but she made sure to put as much vitamin E and coco butter she could to diminish it. It had embarrassed her and she wanted to wear a bikini. She was an active swimmer and was able to do many things she never thought possible when in the hospital. Run a 5k race. Go rock climbing. Travel. But she wanted to meet the other family. It had been something that had been nagging her for a while. She wanted to thank the other family for their son giving her a new life. Maybe become close to them? Not that she could ever replace their son but hopefully they would possibly accept her. She just wanted to give a thanks. Simply.

By doing a little research through articles, she was able to narrow down the accidents on that day. There was obviously a fair amount of accidents. Even fewer with fatalities. And only one with a twelve year old boy. He had been driving with a friend and a friends mother to the movies. The boy, Derek Long, had been in the back. And because of the impact, he was the only one to die. The others were in critical condition but pulled through. Through more searching, she found Evan Long, the older brother. The male who was her age, a few months older. And she started reading articles about him. How he was a great pitcher. How he dedicated his playing to his little brother. All so sweet and caring... And Tara felt guilty.

For the longest time, Tara wanted to be a sports reporter. She loved sports, almost any kind. Well, MMA wasn't her favorite or wrestling. But basketball, football, hockey, baseball, softball, swimming, track, tennis. Anything. Something about the action and the hype that she loved. The way the crowd got all excited. The cheering, the chanting. The fan base. It brought people closer...it tore people apart. Just something about it was so intriguing. Maybe it was the fact that her father and brothers were big into sports. Their Sundays (and other days) were spent around the TV with football. She wanted to spend time with her father and brothers so that is where she would be found. After growing up in Florida, Tara wanted a change. She had grown up in Texas, around Dallas, until she was nine years old or so. That is when she had moved to Florida. She decided to head to California for her degree. She went to the University of California at Berkley, deciding to major in Communications and a Business double major with a French and Spanish minor. During her time there, she was an intern at a local station. It wasn't long before she got the break she had been wanting. ESPN. She knew she had made it. They were looking for a young reporter to go to either their Miami or Seattle office. Of course, she opted for the warm sand. It just also happened to be where Evan ended up.

After what seemed like hours of her writing down notes about each player, they were wrapping up. She had noticed a few of the guys had been looking at her. Not like she wasn't the only girl there. But who knew. She finally locked eyes on Evan. She lightly started across the field, noticing it was a little hard to walk on grass. "Evan Long!" She called out. Hopefully he would hear her and stop. Her heart was beating faster. This was the moment. The moment she had been waiting for for years. She was finally going to meet the brother. Then again, not like she was going to blurt out "Hey, I have your brothers heart!"... yes. Like that would go over so well. He would think she is a lunatic. Tara moved a little faster, hoping not to sprain her ankle while trying to catch up. "Evan, could I please have a moment!?" She called out to him.

Evan Long had done everything in his power to distance himself from the thought of the death of his brother. It had been years ago, but that night was still fresh in his mind. He could still remember getting the news. He could remember crying hysterically in the backseat of the car as his parents drove to the hospital. The only source of respite that came was in the form of the heart transplant that saved a young girl's life. The fact that even in death, Derek was a help to someone didn't surprise him. The kid was so kind-hearted, it made sense.

Fast forward a couple of years and Evan started playing high school baseball. From the start, he was a star. With a fastball that most kids his age had never seen to a curveball that had such a drop that it looked like the ball was weighed down by some invisible force, he was a stud. He could still remember the bleachers being full of scouts on the days he pitched. He gave up only three runs in his four years of high school baseball. He was the definition of a phenom. And with a Sharpie, he wrote the initials 'DL' on every piece of clothing he had, from the brim of his cap to his jersey to his socks. His brother was forever with him and he did it all for him.

When it came to college, Evan needed a change of scenery, so he packed up and moved cross country to attend USC, a school steeped in great tradition. Plus, it was in LA. It didn't get much better than that. After three years of dominating the Pac 12, Evan was drafted with the first pick in the draft by Boca Raton. At only 21, Evan was young to be in the majors, but the invite to spring training told him he had an outside shot of making the roster. He hoped so. It would be demoralizing starting in the minors where only a few thousand people showed up to the games. He wanted to compete and be a pro. No other option would be tolerated.

So, back to Florida he went. His hometown not being too far away, Evan felt at ease in spring training. He knew if he mastered command of his two best pitches, he could make the team. All signs pointed to that after a great pitching performance in his first outing in spring training. His arm felt loose, his pitches had bite and he didn't lack for confidence at all. He absolutely dominated. A short practice commenced, but some guys hit the showers. Evan played a game of soft toss with a back up catcher named Stan.

Hearing his name be called, Evan threw the ball and his glove to Stan before jogging over to the woman who spoke it. She was pretty hot. Evan adjusted his cap before reaching out to shake her hand. He didn't know where she was from or what she wanted, but he was always happy to help a pretty girl in need. "I think I can handle that," he said, stretching his pitching arm out so he could shake her hand.

Evan had done a handful of interviews after the team snatched him up, but for the most part, he was still new to the whole thing. He liked to think he was pretty friendly and that he got along with everyone. It was just when he was on the mound, look out. He had a totally different mindset. Crowd the plate? Talk shit? You're getting a fastball right in the fucking ear.

"What can I do for you?" he asked.

Okay how did these women do this? Perhaps they don't walk across the field... or maybe they had no heels. She really needed to ask some of the....well the only few women reporters in this business. This wasn't exactly heavily woman dominated. Tara finally got to him, looking up to him as he stretched out an arm. He towered over her and she was in heels. The 5' 8" woman almost seemed dwarfed. She lightly grasped his hand, noticing that his hand was rough. Clearly he was a hard worker. Also this arm was very strong. Not that his others weren't but this one was much stronger. She gave a semi-firm handshake, as best as she could. The way her smooth and delicate hands contrasted against his rough and manly hands was a nice change. "Well first of all, thank you for taking a moment to speak to me." Tara replied, flashing a charming smile. "I am Tara Sinclair." She introduced. "So let me tell you a bit about myself. I am a reporter slash writer for ESPN. I would love to sit you down for an interview when you have the time. I know you must have already had a few interviews. So what do you say? We can either do it here or maybe over a bite to eat? My treat. You must be hungry." She added with a gentle smile. She really wasn't hitting on him or asking him to a date. She just wanted a comfortable place for him to talk. And if he was hungry, then she would get him food. Whatever made him comfortable with this interview. Little did she know that she would be seeing a lot of him.

Evan was a little taken aback by the fact that she invited him to dinner. He'd heard about reporters doing things like that, but they were usually reserved for guys with reputations. He was just a college kid who was doing his best to make it to the bigs. Regardless, dinner sounded better than just doing an impromptu interview at the stadium. "Dinner actually sounds really good. If you can give me a little time to shower, I'll be good to go," he said, giving her shoulder a light brush as he smiled at her. He tipped his cap and jogged to the locker room.

It was strange to think how quickly things change. Just last year he was a heavily recruited college kid and these days he was playing alongside his idols and being interviewed by a reporter from ESPN. Crazy. Evan showered quickly and changed into a pair of jeans and a button down shirt. He had no idea where she intended on taking him, but he assumed it'd be pretty casual. Once he was finished, he headed back out, leaving his stuff in the locker room. He could grab it later.

"I'm all set," he said after finding her near the dugout when he came out. "You driving?" he asked, not sure what the proper protocol was.

As he said yes, she smiled a bit. "Sure, take all the time you need. I am not going anywhere." She explained to him. All Tara did was walk around the field a bit, taking a few notes. He seemed to be so nice. Damn...of all the people....she was assigned to interview him. Was it luck or would it be a pain in the ass? She was still struggling with when to tell him. If tell him at all. She didn't want to be unprofessional. Besides, did Even even want to know her? Maybe he hated her...She looked back when he spoke. "I can surely drive, you can drive or we can meet somewhere together. What are you in the mood for? Burgers? A steak? Seafood?" She asked him, smiling again.

"I'll take us. I know of a pretty good steakhouse not too far from here if that works for you," he said, digging into his pocket for his keys. Pulling them out, he nodded in the direction of the lot behind the stadium. "You ready to get going?" he asked, leading her through the tunnel that led to the locker rooms that also led out of the stadium where he was parked. His car was a modest one, showing that he wasn't yet living a life of luxury like some of his other well paid teammates.

Once they reached the car, he opened the passenger side door for her before getting into the driver's seat. "So, what's the draw with interviewing some rookie punk?" he asked with a smirk as he looked over at her. "You do realize I haven't even been guaranteed a spot on the 25 man roster, right? For all you know, I could be in the minors when the season starts," he said, pulling out of the lot to drive towards the restaurant.

Tara nodded her head. Thankfully the company would comp her for the fancy dinner. Because normally, Tara would not go to places like this. She followed him through the dugout and then through the locker rooms. She looked over at his car, noticing it was not a fancy one. Then again, he had not gotten that first big paycheck had he? "Thank you." She replied as he opened up the passenger door for her. Such a gentleman. Tara slipped inside, then buckling her seatbelt. She looked over to him when he spoke, letting out a small chuckle. "You are the talk of the draft. Everyone is taken with you. Why you play, how well you play." She explained to him. "Everyone wants to know more about you." She told him. "Some experts say you can be the next Nolan Ryan or such." She replied to him. "Just think of how many people look up to Josh Hamilton for getting himself clean and removing his tattoos. The public love a good story. A reason to play besides just the money. Everyone likes the comeback kid right?" She added to him.

The more Tara talked, the more readily apparent it became that she knew a little more about him than he anticipated. The comeback kid. A good story. He knew just the fact that he was a rookie and was on the verge of making the big club wasn't what she meant when she said a good story. He knew it spanned something deeper and he was sure she was hinting at Derek. When Derek died, he made it his goal to make his brother proud in any way possible. Derek loved baseball and Evan figured it would be a way of honoring his brother, not only by wearing the number 26, his birthday, but by playing and succeeding at the sport he loved. He knew his little brother would be proud of him. He was sure of it.

The fact that Tara knew sort of stumped him a bit, because it wasn't as if he made it public knowledge in any other interviews. She would have had to do some really extensive research to figure that out, but nonetheless, he didn't harp on it too much. Instead, he drove to the steakhouse and smirked at her. "The next Nolan Ryan, huh? Well if that's the case, I better start preparing my induction speech to Cooperstown," he said with a laugh.

Shortly after, they arrived at the steakhouse and Evan got out. Again, he opened the door for Tara and led her inside. The two were seated in a booth and sitting across from her, he perused the menu. "You a steak girl or am I going to have to watch you eat a salad?"

Well it wasn't complete public knowledge. But it could be found in some local interviews. Then again, she also knew where to look. Did that make her like a stalker? She didn't know. It was just...well she didn't want to sound like a stalker. But she was a reporter so hopefully she didn't come off as a weirdo. Tara was still fighting with herself about if she should tell him or not. After all, how would he take it? She would be telling him that she was alive due to his brother dying. Of course, it was not like she killed him but still. It was similar to people going away to war and only certain ones surviving in their unit. Not exactly the same but kind of similar in a sense. Tara didn't want him to think of her as terrible or something.

Didn't the best reporters do a lot of research? Or was that writers? Either way really. She watched as he drove, trying to figure out if she had ever been to a place like this. She glanced over to him, smiling a bit. "No hold on there. You sound like Kanye would if he was a sports player. Although his induction speech would include him thanking himself for being such a great player." She explained, laughing again. She wasn't wrong though. It kind of reminded her of Kobe Bryant a bit. Some athletes just seemed to think they were God's gift to the damn Earth.

Once they arrived, she unbuckled her seatbelt and was presented with him opening the door once again. "Well thank you." She thanked him. Really a gentleman. As they headed in, they were quickly seated in a small booth. She lightly picked up the menu, her red nails contracting against the black outer casing of the menu. As he asked about a steak or salad, she peered over the menu with a smirk. "I was going to get a salad, make some comment about how I am fat otherwise and then complain that I am still hungry, all while stealing half of your meal." She added. "Isn't that what women are supposed to do?" She teased. "I love a good steak though." She added, looking over the menu.

Evan laughed when Tara discussed her plans for the meal. It was as if she knew the ways of all of his ex girlfriends. "Good. I want you to be able to hold your own. I mean, I don't think I can properly answer all of your questions if I see you eating a salad," he said, placing his order when the waiter finally circled around to them.

He had to admit. He was a little nervous. It was the first professional interview he was doing and even though it wasn't being broadcast live on television or anything, it was still important to portray himself in a positive light. He was new with the Bisons and he didn't want any stupid comment he made during an interview to hamper that new business relationship. Taking a sip of his drink, he looked across the table at Tara.

"So, what kinda questions ya got for me?" he asked, ready to get to business, although the vicelike grip he had on his glass may have told otherwise.

"Well I guess we shall keep the vegan and vegetarian reports away from you hm?" Tara replied gently. For some reason, this was way more casual than it probably should be. She was having a little bit of trouble. Tara looked up to the waiter once he arrived, placing her order as well. After she handed over her menu, she then took a sip of her water.

She was nervous as well. She had a million questions...but only half of them were ones she could ask. Well..and not have him throw down his napkin and walk out of the restaurant. She could tell he was a bit nervous. As was she. She was new as well. She hadn't interviewed anyone super big like this. Some high school and college stars. But he was predated to be one of the best so she was slightly nervous as well. Her skills weren't perfect. She just hoped not to stumble and bobble along the way. Fingers crossed right?

"Well first of all, do you mind if I record it?" Tara asked him, producing her phone. "If not, I can just take notes on a pen and paper. Whatever is the most comfortable for you." She added with a small smile. Tara felt her palms getting just a bit sweater. Damn it....

Even though her persona said that she was quite good at what she did, Evan could sense a little nervousness coming from Tara as well. That fact actually made him feel a little more comfortable since he knew he was sharing those feelings with her. He wanted to give a good interview and not be a Derek Jeter type. Jeter was someone everyone respected, but my god, his interviews were brutally boring. The guy could put an insomniac to sleep, but he dated some of the world's sexiest women, so who was he to judge?

"Whatever you're comfortable with. Record away," he said with a smile, finally freeing the glass from his grip. He took a deep breath, his nerves calming a bit as he readied himself.

"Thank you." Tara replied,unlocking her phone and turning on the recording. "Alright, well let me just start with at any time you can stop the interview, just tell me. Or if you want it off the record just tell me. Now, I hate to do this but it is legal issues since this is not on television....can you state your name?" Tara asked. Once Evan did, she nodded her head. "And do you consent to this interview?" She asked him. Once he agreed, she smiled. "Again, I am sorry. It is just protocol. Making sure everything is covered. So did you play baseball when you were younger? Perhaps little league age?" Tara asked him. She didn't want to start off with a bombshell question and ask him about his brother. She figured it was still a rather touchy subject with him. Maybe later on... or maybe just not in this interview.

After Evan consented and Tara asked her first real question, he felt the weight lift from his shoulders. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. If all of the questions were that innocent, he couldn't see himself struggling all that much.

"I did play in little league, but honestly, I wasn't very good. I was never a great hitter and I sort of turned to pitching as a last resort. I always loved the game, so I wanted to excel at it. When I started pitching, I threw hard, but I had no control. I must've led the league in hit by pitches. Kids hated stepping into the batter's box when I pitched because every game, it was almost guaranteed one of them was going to get one in the ribs or the arm or something. It wasn't until I was in high school and really started getting my mechanics down that I became dominant."

Tara placed her hand over her mouth when he spoke. "Sorry." She added, holding back a laugh. Okay, so she wasn't perfect. Real interviewers wouldn't laugh. But come on... the thought of a little kid just throwing anywhere he could was a little bit funny. "Did you take lessons? Or did your father teach you?" Tara asked him. "Who do you really credit with helping you improve on your skills? A coach?" She asked him. Tara was at least skirting the topic of his brother for the moment. Probably for most of the meal she would.

"Well, early on my dad was really the one I turned to for advice. He's a really competitive person by nature, but when it came to me, he just told me to go out and have fun. He taught me basic mechanics, but it wasn't anything that could've steered me away from being wild. I was just a kid with a strong arm. When I went through puberty and all that fun stuff, I guess it came more naturally. Coach Benson was really helpful, too. He pitched in the minors for a few seasons back in the early '90's so he knew mechanics and fundamentals. He taught me about weight distribution and how to explode off of the mound. Not only did he help my control, but I went from high 80's to mid 90's on my fastball just from what he showed me."

Evan took another sip of water. He could've talked baseball all day and the fact that the woman across from him was so attractive didn't hurt, either.

Tara nodded her head as he spoke. Benson. Maybe she would look into see who this coach Benson was. There wouldn't be too many guys with the last name Benson who pitched in the minors in the early '90's. "So you say you were not a good hitter. Did you try other positions before becoming a pitcher or was that just the first position you ever tried?" She asked him. She wanted to get as much information out of him as she could. She just also didn't want to reference the questions she had written down. Maybe she would have to later.

"When I first started playing, they put me at first, mostly just because I was tall. I was a pretty good fielder, but like I said, I was never that great of a hitter. I would hit the occasional gapper or on a rare occasion I'd go deep, but for the most part, I was just average. In little league, I still started when I didn't pitch, so I either played first or pitched. Never played any other positions, right through college. That was it."

He smiled at her and leaned back in his seat. It felt good being recognized by such a large sports entity. He could get used to the recognition. He just hoped his play on the field lived up to all the hype.

Okay first and pitcher. He didn't make the rounds. But that was alright. Some people just were natural at one position. Like her. She sucked at pitching in softball. Hell, she was lucky if it didn't fly over their heads. Some people were able to do certain positions. "So being the pitcher, everyone looks at you and you can be under a lot more pressure than the other teammates. Some people believe you can win as a team or lose because of one person. Did you ever feel the pressure? As if the whole game rode on your shoulders?" She asked. Tara knew that pitchers got a lot of heat. If they messed up a pitch, everyone blamed them. "If you did feel the pressure, how did you cope with it?" She asked him. What was his way to deal with the pressure of the game?

"Pressure is a natural part of the game. Especially pitching. I mean, you're literally on an island all by yourself. Yeah, you have eight other guys out there who can make a play for you, but ultimately, the game rides on you. I remember the Pac 12 championship game when I was playing for USC. That was a game I'll never forget. From the start, I didn't have my good stuff. My command was a little off. I didn't have any life on my fastball and my curveball was just hanging over the plate. Luckily, the guys scored some runs for me and I just took deep breaths and told myself I'd get through it. One big thing I do for my nerves is I actually talk to myself. I'm serious. Look at game film. When I'm on the mound, I talk myself down. It's just something I do to get out of my own head. I've found it works. I don't know. Maybe that just means I'm a little off," he said with a laugh, shrugging just as their food arrived at the table.

Tara shook her head at him. "It is natural to each have a strategy to calm yourself down. A lot of people talk to themselves and kind of talk themselves down in order to not freak out." She explained to him. She thanked the waiter as he brought the food over. She placed her napkin in her lap before cutting her steak to see if it was cooked correctly. Once she found that is was, she looked back up to him. "So what brought you to USC?" She asked him, taking the pepper and adding a little to her steak. "If I read correctly, you are originally from Florida but traveled to California for college." She told him. This was probably the only time she could talk about things she knew about him without sounding like a complete stalker. Well, she hoped.

After finishing a bite of his steak, Evan nodded as he looked across the table at her. "Yeah, that's right. Grew up here in Florida. I think it was as much needing a change of scenery as it was just really liking what their program had to offer. It was more than just because of a top notch baseball program. The campus is incredible. Being able to experience LA for three years was insane. And their academics are really underrated, as well. So for me, it was a lot of things. But I never regretted it for a second. USC will always have a special place in my heart."

Tara nodded her head gently when he spoke. "I am from here and I traveled to California for my degrees as well." She added. "Small world huh?" She explained. "But what did you major in? Did you ever think that you would be a professional baseball player? Or did you go to college for a degree and baseball was your back up?" Tara asked him, cutting a piece of her steak. Some pro athletes never finish their degrees in order to go into the draft. Perhaps though, Evan was not like that. As much as she knew, she wanted him to tell her in his own words. Nothing like her writing a story or reporting one without the true facts from him. That would get her fired in a heart beat. This dinner was going rather nicely. He was good company. But still, in the back of her mind...she was aching and dying to ask him or tell him the secret she held. But no, that was unprofessional and she didn't want to cause a scene.

"It really is a small world," he said after another bite. Evan smiled at her as he formulated an answer. "I actually majored in communications and since I left school after three years to come here, I had to get a four year degree in three. That was a little stressful, but I managed. Going to college, my ultimate goal was to make it here, but back up plans are important. The arm can be good to you and it can be bad to you. I've watched pitchers growing up who had all the talent in the world, but arm troubles dismantled their careers before they even took off. I don't want to be that guy. I want to be a Nolan Ryan, pitching into my forties, but that's not realistic. Either way, I'm covered, but this has been my dream and this is what I'm doing for my brother," he added at the end, wondering if she knew the back story behind what he was talking about.

It was a small world. She only found out when Evan was when she was almost 20. Of course, that was only about 3 years ago if that. It would have been even crazier if they ended up at the same college. But since she knew, she had kind of kept tabs on him. Just every once in a while when she remembered. It is not like she was stalking him or went to his games and all. That would be creepy. She didn't want to think of him as creepy in any way at all. "Really? I went to school for communications. Well, Business and Communications." She explained to him. She didn't want to mention her minors as it was not about her. She was doing this interview to get to know him. When he brought up the subject of his brother, she felt her....his heart start beating faster. "As you mention your brother..." She replied, then looking up. "You play because of him correct? I have heard he has passed away..." She added. This was way too awkward. "I am sorry to hear about your loss." She offered her condolences. "Could you please tell me a bit about your brother?" She asked. She wanted to know the man who gave her a sec on chance on life. Would Evan mention that his heart went to save another persons life?

Back
Top Bottom