Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Game of Cat and Mouse... But Who is the Mouse? (MonkeyToe x TheVioletVixen)

MonkeyToe

Planetoid
Jared Leah stalked into the tavern bedraggled and bloodied. The steaming pile of flesh and innards that had been his latest target lay in an alley a few blocks away, already beginning to evaporate back to the hell that had spawned it. Before the tired and limping demon hunter could sheath his blade and take a seat, the bartender had pulled out a dusty bottle aged whiskey and a shot glass. Frowning, the bartender poured the hunter a shot and slid both the drink and the bottle to Jared.

Downing the drink in a quick gulp, Jared slammed his hand against the bar hard as he roared in victorious laughter. "Told you that beast was as good as dead," Jared gloated. "Shame you had to lose your best bottle of whiskey over it though," he shook his head as he poured himself another shot, grinning in triumph.

"That," said an old and haggard voice from behind him, "Was merely a test, demon slayer. Your true target is much more dangerous than thing was. But we had to be sure that your claim was true."

Jared turned as he drank some more, evaluating the wispy old man who stood behind him now. "Well the next one will certainly cost you more than a bottle of whiskey then, padre. Tell me about my new prey."

Veve had an unsetteling feeling gathering slowly in her gut. She paces her home, chewing her lip with unusual nerves. 'No-one would want to kill me....Right?' She asks herself.

She takes a thin fur coat and swiftly leaves. She has no place to go, but anywhere is better than there. Veve quickly fades into the shadows of the vast forest.

She had no reason to be this scared, she had been hunted many times. Having magic on her side, she uses it to her advantage, but sometimes it doesn't work, leaving her in sticky situations.

-Man At The Bar -

The large man stands propped up against the bar, looking to Jared. He drinks a pint as his brow furrows.
"I've came in contact with this 'monster'" He uses his index and middle fingers to quote monster as he says it.

"But i can tell you first hand, she is not a monster. She is a powerful demon. Capable of using magic for seduction so you best be prepared."
He takes a swig of his pint before slamming it to the bar. He uses a chunk index finger to point at Jared, threatening him

"And if you fall for her, i'll put £1,500 on your head!"​

Though Jared's back straightened slightly at the poorly received threat, his face remained passive and expressionless except for another grimace as another shot of whiskey burned its way down his throat.

"If she turns me, friend," the hunter said, the last word dripping with venom, "You'll have bigger problems on your hands than you can deal with. Of that I can assure you."

Grabbing the bottle of whiskey and stashing it in a pouch on his belt he stood up. "Now, show me where this Demon lives."

-Just a little while later-

"No ones here," Jared cursed in the middle of the empty house, speaking out loud to himself. The large man from the tavern had refused to enter and fled as soon as Jared released him. But the act had been in vain as the demoness had rabbited already.

"Only a fool would try to track and kill a demon by night," he said looking around the home she had occupied. "One night of rest would do me good. Plus," he said with something of a wicked and satisfied grin, "It will give me a chance to enjoy my spoils."

Jared produced the whiskey bottle and unhooked his sword, leaning it against the wall. He uncorked the bottle and took a long, deep swig of the aged liqour and allowed his sensed to dull pleasantly as he settled back on a cushioned seat content with his solitude.

It would begin to get bitterly cold, close to the point of the air freezing. She decides to head back home. At least it would be safe and warm there. It would be some time later before she enters her home, she could smell something unusual and it stang her nostrils.

Someone was in her house. Someone that shouldn't be. She frowns before calling out.

"I know you're in here! Come out!" She shouts as she skips from room to room, searching for the source of the strange smell.​

Jared Leah stumbled to the floor from the seat he had been dozing in upon hearing the demon's call. The now empty whiskey bottle crashed to the floor and shattered on impact causing Jared to curse his own poor decisions. First, he should never have stayed in a house that had been owned by a demon. And second, he surely shouldn't have gotten drunk and remained in a home that had been owned by a demon.

But hindsight was 20/20 Jared knew as he fumbled in the shadows for his sword even as the room seemed to spin about him. "Come on where is it..." He fumbled and his hands finally sound their prize. He wrenched his sword free and faced the demon. He may be drunk, but he sure as hell would go down fighting.

That is, had he actually grabbed his sword and not just it's sheath... and provided he had been facing the demon instead of the wall...

She enters the room, she can smell the heady scent of alchol and she sets eyes upon a large man trying to start a fight with her bedroom wall.

"Are you attempting to fight with my bedroom wall?" She calls out, before laughing. Her hair was in loose waves over her shoulders, her damp clothes clinging to her body..and her eyes..the most deep and amazing eyes imaginable.

She steps closer, her hands raised..

"You're the one, arn't you..?" She asks openly..​

Jared spun still holding the sheath of his blade, his true weapon somewhere on the floor. "Don't laugh at my demon," he snarled, though his words were badly slurred and the spinning motion nearly forced him to collapse with vertigo.

"If by 'the one' you mean the one that will collect your head and the bounty laid upon it, then yes, I am he." The threat may have sounded more dangerous without the drunk little hiccup at the end of it.

Jared took a tentative step forward both to assure his footing would hold on the strangely tilted floor beneath him.

Back
Top Bottom