Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All's Fair in Love and War ((Half-Demon X Yajirobe))

The discussion win her father took a few hours. She explained how she would be fine with the marriage, though it was still his decision. They also discussed what to do about the orcs, and Natalia gave him decent advice. Take one village and evacuate the inhabitants, use that one though as a decoy. For the other villages and towns, to dig a huge trench around the towns before building huge walls around them. The Orcs would have little chance of actually invading if the people and soldiers moved quickly with this plan. The king agreed and sent word out to the mayors and generals, telling them the plan.

For that time period, Ico wondered around the castle getting used to it and the lay out figuring out where things were and making sure to send off his letter as well. He figured that things were progressing how fast he wasn't sure, but he knew that he had to be careful as to what he did in the castle. He headed to get something to eat, sitting down in the dinning hall and taking a simple meal with just bread and water and eating quietly, he got some odd looks but that was cause he was an elf and not a demon, he also figured the people were curious about who he was perhaps as well.

When she left her father's chambers, she decided on finding food. It was late afternoon, and even though the princess hadn't slept yet, she knew she needed to eat. Walking into the dining hall, she caught sight of Ico. Smiling a bit, she walked over to him and sat down. "Not too frightening here, I hope."

Ico looked over and shook his head giving her a small smiled, "Well now, princess, it isn't so bad, I do get a lot of not nice looks but frightening, not really, I am just glad I get to spend some time with the beautiful princess now," he said as he looked over at her, "seems you have had a rather busy day, anything interesting happen," he said as he looked at her, knowing that most likely she was in meetings that day and had a lot to talk over and work up as she would of had a talk with her father, "Oh, I am not the King of the elves just a fyi, my father passed away."

"More responsibility for you it seems," She stated as she picked at his food. She was a bit too lazy to grab her own at the moment. "As for my day, it's been getting cleaned up and meeting after meeting, after meeting. War council to speaking with my father to another war council..." She sighed as she nibbled on the piece of bread she had picked off of his plate. She was obviously tired.

"Yeah, I will when I get back at least, but for now my duties are pretty standard and actually, it is pretty relaxing, I have nothing much to do," he said looking over at her, "It is the waiting game for me," he said as he smiled looking at Talia for a moment before he gracefully picked up the demon in his arms and held her, this got some reactions as he got such odd and shocked looks, he cared not as he carried her to her room. "I would snuggle with you tonight, but I don't think your father would approve of such things."

The princess squeaked in surprise as he suddenly picked her up. Her pale face flushed pink as he carried her to her room. She knew word would spread, but she didn't care much about that. She was far too busy trying to get her racing heart to settle down. "Y~you're right about that.." She said, trying to keep her embarrassment under check.

Ico smiled as he could tell she had not been prepared for what he did at all. It was fun to so catch her off guard and carry her off to her room. He was glad he found it earlier in the day it made it easy to slip right in and carry her over to the bed," laying her down he kissed her lips one time before he smiled pulling the covers over her before standing back up, "then soon I shall be able to, but your worth waiting for," he said with a grin, "good night Talia," he added as he waved to her. "I love you, Talia."

Natalia blushed and kissed him back as he laid her down in her bed. She wished to keep him close, but knew that they needed to tread carefully if they were to gain her father's approval. She watched him go back to her door, but froze at his words. It was somewhat surprising to hear him say that so openly, but it warmed her heart. "Goodnight, Ico.. I love you too.."

Ico paused and smiled as he blew Natalia a kiss before slipping off heading to his own room, he wasn't going to get the rep that came from sleeping in the same room. That sadly would doom his chances to land Natalia on a longer term situation. He knew he had to win over her father and treating his daughter right seemed the best way to do that. He went to bed, with little to do, but relax, he figured it was a bad thing. Still he slept in late the next morning waking up and getting ready as he sat in the hall looking over the land around the castle quietly.

Natalia fell asleep not long after Ico closed her door. She was exhausted from staying up so long without much rest at all. Because of that fact, the demon princess slept well into the day before one of the servants came in and woke her. She was late for a meeting. Groaning, she got up and quickly got ready for the day, choosing a simple ruby red dress that matched her eyes. She then made her way from her room to the other side of the castle to discuss with the council and the king about the treaty. Sometimes being royalty sucked.

Ico saw Natalia as she walked across his room and blushed, wow, the blonde looked so good in the dress, it looked like a mirage almost, he blushed as he looked at her and then looked down his face was red the same red as her dress as he waited for her to walk by him and then head down the line into the room where he was. He knew that she was busy and he didn't want to bother her, and he smiled watching her as he walked down to the garden and relaxed, normally if he was home he would be busy too, but right now he was just enjoying this time to rest and regain his own energy that he had used over the course of the war.

The meeting lasted an hour, mostly due to the squabbling between the council and the king. Some were saying yes, others saying no, and no one bothered talking much to Natalia. Why she had been called there was beyond her. The princess got up and walked around the room, over to a window as the men continued their squabbling. She opened it and looked down at the palace gardens. They were always gorgeous. There she saw the new Elf King wandering around. Lucky him. He could actually enjoy a break. She was stuck inside. Honestly, pretending to be her brother on the battle field had been much easier.

Ico smiled as he saw Talia in the window, he waved with a kind smile on his face as he knew she was very busy at that moment with the talk of the treaty going down. He had no clue what they would choose, but he couldn't do anything about it and thus he relaxed. He put his feet in a small pound and leaned back as he looked at clouds above his head. They were so at peace and at ease, he was on the outside to, but he was a bit nervous about the talks though too.

Natalia smiled back, but refrained from waving, as she knew she was being watched. She had to still pretend to be professional. The meeting went on for another hour before a decision was made, but Natalia was told to keep the answer quiet for one more night. The next day the king would speak with Ico to finalize the treaty. It was annoying, keeping it a secret, but she was grateful to be out of the blasted meeting. At least she could relax for a few hours before dinner.

Ico wasn't sure what agreement had been made he somewhat worried that they had been talked out of the agreement. He got a letter from a falcon from home telling him that things were going well that the southern front was stabilized due to the troops come back from the war, and a great ambush had been successful and driven the orcs back to the border, and that he was missed. He smiled at the note reading it quietly before sending a reply and the falcon back as he then walked down and took a long bath, his mind thinking about the warm springs he had meet Natalia at in that moment.

Natalia wandered around the castle, snacking on an apple. She had some time to herself, and debated between going out into the market and spending time in the library. The library won out, deciding that she wanted some peace and quiet. She found a book that she hadn't read in a long time and sat down on one of the couches.

Ico smiled as he saw the red clad Natalia walk by him, he followed her quietly into the library with a smile on his face. He sat across from her and smiled as he quietly watched Natalia reading one of the books and said nothing, she was so beautiful, especially in the red dress that she was wearing at that moment. He smiled as he looked at her and then leaned back in the chair and then waited to see how long he could go unnoticed by her. He was guessing if he was quiet enough, he could get away from for a couple of minutes at least.

Ico was right when he thought it would be a few minutes before she noticed him. It was when she shifted to get into a more comfortable position that she noticed him. "Oh! Sorry.. I was a bit distracted.." She said, rubbing the back of her neck with a free hand. "How long have you been there..?"

Ico smiled as he noticed that she noticed him. He smiled and reached over and took her hand into his own hand for a moment and smiled, "It is okay, I don't mind, I just was watching you, you got though about 6 or 7 pages, so bit, don't worry about it, I think you would of noticed me if I had been louder," Ico said with a smile as he got up and moved around the table and sat next to Talia. He then rested against the table and then he looked at her book for a moment and then looked at her, "Well tomorrow is the big day huh?"

Natalia nodded, though she bit her lip. She hated that her father had sworn her to secrecy. Ico could wait though. And on the bright side, they did have a few hours to themselves.. Well, sort of. Servants and guards were still everywhere.

He sat there for a good moment before getting his own book and reading it in the comfort of Natalita presence. He smiled looking over at her from time to time as he knew she wanted to read. 'Well, now, don't think I am going to get much sleep tonight, going to be a busy one most likely for him," he said looking over at her his tone telling her that he was being straight up honest with her. He would be nervous that night and he doubted that he would sleep much if any. Yet, he would be okay, he did his best to take a nap earlier and he figured once he was in bed he would count sheep however long till he managed to fall to sleep.

Natalia looked up from her book and chuckled a bit. "Oh, you shouldn't be so nervous," She commented as she shifted to lean against him. "Everything will work out for the best," She added, looking up at Ico. Her ruby eyes met his and she smiled.

"Well, I will trust you on that," Ico replied with a small smile tugging at his lips as he blushed a bit too as he caught sight of those ruby eyes of hers, "you must save the dress, you look so very good in it, though I must warning you does have me not thinking so pure of thoughts at the moment," he said looking down and away before smiling at her, "Now, I will try to sleep, soon, I will be the one who is the more busy of us I figure, well if both of us are not super busy," he said knowing that when he got home he would have so much work to do.

A small giggle left her when he mentioned his not-so-pure thoughts. She gave him a slightly devilish grin and she leaned up and whispered in his ear. "You should wait to see what I'll be wearing later..~" she then pulled back, and returned her attention to her book as if she hadn't said anything.

Back
Top Bottom