Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All's Fair in Love and War ((Half-Demon X Yajirobe))

Natalia nodded in agreement to what he said, though she was still a little concerned. It wasn't her father that she was truly worried about, it was the men that left when she told them the truth about who she was. She feared that they would try to attack them or simply join the war bands. Still, she was curious about the trump card he talked about. "May I ask what card that may be?"

He got out of the hotsprings and got dressed, as he sat down, "Yes, you may, we have never sent our full force after you till this last battle, I did this to end the fight as soon as possible. It is also why I sent the army back," he said looking at Talia, "on the southern border of our lands we have found anew danger, orcs, they have come and attacked in small areas, causing problems, and we have spotted them in your lands too. In them we have what would be called a common enemy, one that threatens both our people, if we keep fighting each other then we are both doomed. We must put a end to our difference, end the war bands of your people and work together to defeat this common enemy."

Natalia allowed herself a few more moments to relax after he got out. She listened to the news of the orcs, but it wasn't new news to her. That was half the reason her army had been outnumbered in this battle. There were other generals dealing with the orcs as well. "You're right. My father will agree to that. The bloody orcs began causing problems along our outer villages, and so to protect them, a good portion of my army has been fighting and defending there, while what you saw today was the ones not spread along the boarders."

"I figured that might be the case, my siblings are leading our forces in the borderlands, they are doing well, but I worry if we don't work together we will both be Orc slaves, in time, or dead," he said as he looked at Talia and gathered up his things as he sat down. "I wish to make peace as we have to have it, but also cause of you, for I wish you to be my Queen, Talia, I wish to prove to your father that our people work far better together than against each other," he declared as he looked in her direction, "would you happen to have a horse, for I might need to ride with you if we are going to get to your father fast enough."

Natalia nodded and made her way to the edge of the pool. "Don't worry about a horse, I can take care of that. As much as I agree though that we should hurry, we both need rest after today." Probably her more than him, but they both needed to be well rested before they begin their journey.

Ico nodded his head as he knew that Talia had a great point, he smiled as he looked at her and then waited for her to get out of the springs, "Well then lead me to your camp, so I can sleep, I hope you don't mind sharing a space with me, I figure it wouldn't hurt anything after all," he said with a smile as he looked down at Natalia, he could see her body so well, he was glad she hadn't noticed that just looking at her had effected him a decent bit. He turned and sat down waiting taking his eyes off the beautiful demon for the moment.

Natalia may have been an ice elemental, but she loved the warmth of the hot spring. Still, she knew she had to get up and return to her camp. It took her a few moments to coax herself to get out of the water, but she did and got dressed, though she tied her hair up so that it wouldn't get the soft material wet. She slipped on her shoes and picked up her dagger and belt before looking over at Ico. "Ready to go?"

Ico nodded his head as he smiled looking over at her and then waited for her to catch up to him. "Well of course, now I get to see what a demon camp or tent looks like," he said with a small smile on his face. He was sure it would look like any other camp and any other place he might see. Yet, still it was going to be interesting to see her tent, which would tell him a bit more about the woman who he was very much interested in learning more about. He walked with her the orbs of light giving them plenty of light as they walked, to help her remember the path back to where they would rest for the night, his bag placed over his shoulder as he walked.

There were few left in camp when they made it there. Only a handful of wounded men and some healers remained around the fires. The rest had either returned to their homes, or left to go join the other armies against the orcs. Natalia lead Ico to her tent, which seemed rather plain, like the rest. Inside was probably equally surprising. There was a large bamboo mat on one side of the tent with a few blankets folded on top. On the other side, there was a large saddle bag that looked empty, an empty bird cage, and then another bag that held a few items, such as her dresses, letters, simple things of the sort.

"So this is what this place looks like," he mused as he looked over at her and smiled slightly as he saw the mat and looked at her, "Well, I hear that it might be a bit cold, do you mind if I join you on that nice mat," he said with a small smile as he looked over at her and then looked at the bird cage, "is that for your big bird that you have," he asked making sure he was correct about that before he asked anything else. It seemed she had everything that she would need and it was nice. He pulled out pillow from his own bag and laid it down on the mat and laid down and smiled looking up at Natalia.

"My messenger hawk, yes," Natalia chuckled as she allowed him to set his stuff down on the mat. "He will probably find us some time tomorrow with my father's reply." That was one reason the demons used hawks over pigeons. They were fast, smart, loyal, and often a help in hunting. The princess placed her belt and dagger on her bag before making her way back to the mat, making him scoot over a bit. "You can stay so long as you don't hog the blankets," She said softly, though her ruby eyes held a playful gleam.

Ico laid there and looked at her as he nodded his head, it was good to know that he was going to get the reply of the king the next day. He looked at her and moved over as Natailia got on the mat next to him. He smiled at her comment, "Well don't worry, I won't hug them all, plus I figure we will be close enough that it won't matter anyhow," he said to her as he slipped his arms around her and pulled her closer to his body, letting her use him as a pillow as he used the pillow he brought as his own pillow. He smiled as one of his hand rested around the waist of Natalia.

A light blush dusted her cheeks as he pulled her close. In all reality, this would be her first night sleeping next to a man, though the princess figured that she should get used to it. She smiled a bit and pecked his lips. "You're probably right."

"Well, it is nice to sleep next to you, your pretty damn sexy did you know that, Talia," he asked as if it were a simple question that he could ask idly to her as he held her tightly in his arms. He enjoyed the feel of her in his grasp and honestly he felt rather at peace as he let out a soft yawn, he didn't care about what she was. He just knew what his growing feelings for her were. He knew that they would be stronger together then they would ever be apart, and that strength was something that would be needed in the future.

The light blush grew a bit at his question. Natalia shook her head and buried her face in his shirt to hide her growing embarrassment. "Oh, hush up and get some sleep, Lover boy.." Came her muffled reply. It sounded a bit more like her snarky self that most suitors knew her for. That was simply how she hid her embarrassment.

"No problem there," he said softly, he enjoyed this side of her personality too, he found her snarky self to be fun to deal with. He held her tightly in his arms and closed his eyes. It was an active day, and a lot had happened. He was asleep fast, worn down from fighting, from making a deal and from packing all his things up as well. It was a day he was glad honestly that was over. He slept soundly as he held Natalia in his arms loosely giving her room to adjust herself as she would need to on the mat and still hold her close enough to feel her warmth against him.

Natalia relaxed as she listened to his heart beat and the rhythm of his breathing even out as he fell asleep. She realized that though everything had been rather sudden, it didn't feel rushed. Her body seemed to fit perfectly against his, despite the fact that he was an elf and she was a demon. It was as if the gods had intended for them to meet as they had. Sighing softly, she closed her ruby eyes and allowed herself to be lulled to sleep by the soft sounds of the night.

The next morning Ico got to his feet and looked around for a moment as he slipped from Natalia's arms and slipped into the woods for a moment before returning with a bowl of fruits that he cut up and made into a little fruit salad which he ate quietly as he watched over Natalia. He smiled as he looked at her, she was a beautiful woman and he knew the odds of finding anyone her equal happened to be zero. He wondered what it would be like to travel with her, and to see thing with her and to do things with her. Yet, as he wondered he knew he would have his chance to find out soon.

Natalia stirred from her sleep not long after he returned. Her sleepy eyes fluttered open and glanced around her tent as she lay there. Honestly, she wasn't looking forward to getting up. Then again, the princess was not a morning person. She knew that she needed to get up, but she was warm, and fairly comfortable.

Ico looked at Natalia and smiled as he made some juice with the left over fruit and left it aside for the princess. He wasn't sure what type of things she like to eat, but he figured that he would find these things out in time. He sat the juice down and shook Natalia and smiled, "Well good morning, it is time to get up, we have a busy day ahead of us princess, got something for you to try it is kind of a mixed fruit juice," he explained with a smile on his lips as he hoped that the princess would approve of what he had made for her.

Natalia sighed as he shook her a bit. Yep, that was her wake up call. Reluctantly, she sat up and stretched a bit. She still disliked mornings. Her father and brother used to tease her saying that she'd be up at the crack of noon and no sooner. Mostly true. The demon princess smiled a bit at Ico and thanked him for the juice. She sipped at it, and though it was different, it was good.

He looked at her and smiled as he sat down and watched her for a moment, "So the plan it to get this all packed up and then head off or do we need to wait for you bird to come back with the message before we decide on what we do next?" he asked as he sat there on the ground in the tent. He didn't mind this, he figured that he would get to know Talia even better the more he spent time with her. He knew her temper already he also knew the good things such as her willingness to listen to him most of the time.

Natalia shook her head a bit. "Rai, my hawk will find us. We have our birds trained better than most have their dogs trained," She explained as she stood up and folded the blankets. They would go in the saddle bag, while her mat and tent would fit on her horse. The bird cage would sit on top of those, while she would carry her bag. There was a reason demons used Draft Horses. They were large, could carry a lot, and they could move fast enough.

"Must admit, never been a dog person," he said as he looked at her and then smiled as he took his two fingers and did a very high pitched whistle before he smiled at her and a red wolf walked on its legs into the room, "this would be my friend and companion, it is Xavier, yes, I name the fox, but he is smart and he is good at helping me track and loyal as loyal as any dog you will find," he said as he looked back at Natalia to see what her reaction to his friend would be, it wasn't common to find a person with a wolf as a pet.

Natalia watched the wolf curiously. It wasn't often she got the chance to see one. Normally it was deer, foxes, and other northern animals. Other than the arctic wolves, there were relatively few of them in demon territory. "He's beautiful, but I don't know how well he would enjoy the harsh demon territory. We, for the most part, only have bears, coyotes, and mountain lions. Further north you have arctic wolves and white bears, but not so much in the majority of my lands."

Back
Top Bottom