Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All's Fair in Love and War ((Half-Demon X Yajirobe))

IOC led Natalia to a tent his tent and let her sit down," I am very happy I gave you the necklace princess,"Ico commented as he looked at her and pulled out a piece of paper and put it in front of her. "Here are my terms for you, I will pull my army out of the Demon lands with a promise to never ever invade again. We shall have a festival to share ideas and to learn to work with each other. As a part of this cross cultural exchange you shall be my wife, and our children shall take over a combined realm from us. We shall work together to bring down any extra war bands that threaten the peace as well."

Natalia chuckled softly and removed her helmet. "Yes.. And I knew you were too arrogant to be a lowly knight as you claimed," She said as she sat down and read over the paper. She listened to him speak for a moment before glancing up at him. "What would your father say about this peace treaty?" She asked. She wanted to be prepared for everything that could possibly happen with accepting his offer.

He looked at the woman for a moment and shrugged his shoulders, "I am sure he would be extremely unhappy that I would make such a deal, but these things can take time to be learned about, and by then, I will be King and his opinion of the deal honestly won't matter for he will be dead and will never hear of the deal," he explained as he leaned back in the chair, "Well, what would your real name happen to be, my real name I must admit is not Yoko, it is Ico," he said with a small smile on his lips as he looked at the blonde demon who happened to be sitting across from himself at that moment. He had a feeling that she wasn't going to reject the idea for peace. "I think the more important question, is your father's reaction, for he is still king and not about to be dead."

"Natalia.. Talia is simply a nickname of mine," She answered smiling a bit back at him. "Though my father won't be happy about it at first, he will be grateful that his last surviving child is still alive. He may dislike the terms of the peace treaty, but he won't go against them. He has wanted an end to this war since my brother died.." Natalia wondered how would be the best way to go about telling him of the treaty, whither she return alone, or with Ico and his army.

Ico looked at her and nodded his head, "then you shall remain Talia to me," he said as he looked at her with a calm tone to his voice as he thought about the issues that there might be if he was to go with her or her just showing up alone to make the deal happen. "Here is my thoughts, I am going to dismiss my army back home, give it into the command of my second in charge, and I will go with you, as a diplomat not as warrior, that way my army isn't a conquering army, and it can be more effective in the aims that we want, which is to get this treaty signed and agreed on."

Natalia nodded in agreement. A diplomatic approach was far better than a conquering one. "Then it would be wise for me to send a messenger hawk ahead, give him some warning as to not attempt to attack you." She said, chuckling a bit before sighing. "Now comes the difficult part of explaining to my men that my brother is dead, and has been for several months.."

"Well then Tailia, I figure it would be best for you to send that hawk out so that your people don't try to jump me," Ico commented with a small smile as he looked at her and then thought about her other problem, "be honest, and be truthful, these people have been battling with you for a long while now, they most likely will still respect you, as you have led them in countless battles and though good and bad times as well," he said looking at the Demon knowing that her strength would be something that they would naturally want to respect.

"I've also been the one lying to them for months.." She began as she looked down. Demons rarely took kindly to being lied to. "I feel that it would be best for me to tell them tonight, after the dead are buried and the wounded cared for.."

"That is true, but I can't really help you deal with your people, as you know them far better then I do," Ico commented as he sat down in one of the small wooden chairs that happened to be sitting not that far away because he put his feet under the table and leaned back in the chair a good bit as he smiled in the general direction, "I will wish you luck, I do have to do some work myself, I will have to arrange the orders for my men so that they will head back to my lands. I will then be able to travel with you later today. I will let you do what you need to do with your people and then if you wish, come back to me and we can head to your capital and meet your father with you."

Natalia nodded. "Right.. Well, don't expect to get moving until tomorrow.. I expect that it will not be a fun night at my camp..." She said as she stood up and took her helmet.

"Of course, that will be fine too, I shall be here in the morning, you can find me, I shouldn't be to hard to meet with," Ico commented as he looked at Talia for a moment and smiled before grabbing her arm and pulling him towards her as his lips came down on her own lips firmly for a moment before he looked at her breaking the quick but still very passionate kiss that he had just given to the demon princess. "Now, that was for luck, though, I have to admit I plan on kissing you many more times in the future."

Natalia was caught off guard as he took hold of her arm and pulled her into the kiss. She blushed brightly as he pulled back and explained that was for luck and that she should expect more in the future. She nodded slightly, still surprised by the kiss. "Are they all going to be so sudden?" She asked as she smiled a bit.

Ico looked at her and nodded his head, "Well some of them might be sudden, and some of them will not be sudden at all, it just matters when and where and all. Some of them will be followed by more and more kisses too," he said as he looked at Talia for a moment. "Now, we both have work to do, and I am sure we will both be busy, but if you shall wish to meet say at the same place we have up to this point, I would be more then willing to meet you there tonight," the elven prince soon to be king commented with a friendly tone and also somewhat playful as well.

"If I can manage a few moments away, then I should probably be there an hour or so after sundown," She said, smiling at him. It would be a busy few hours, and by the time she would be able to slip away, she would be stressed. Natalia bid him farewell and slipped her helmet back on before returning to her camp, where she met her troops, and the few elvish guards here and there. She made sure that the wounded were taken care of, while the dead buried. Then she made her announcement.
To say that her troops were shocked would be an understatement. She explained that she had taken over months before this battle, to which most believed. That didn't mean they were happy. A few left, to go back to their families, while others simply ignored her. A woman didn't belong on the battlefield, princess included. Still, the majority accepted what she had done. It wasn't an agreed thing, but they accepted it. She had done what she and the king had thought was right.
That night, Natalia changed from the armor into a simple white dress. It was then that they held a proper funeral for the Blood Prince, burying the armor in the stead of the body. Then, as their tradition said, they would sing what was known as a death song. It would supposedly guide the spirits of the fallen from the ground to the stars and was supposed to be sung at sunset.

The Elf Prince gathered his men together and the celebrated, the victory was a great one, one that would be remembered for such a long time. He let his men have fun, as they knew they were headed home. He told his second in command to lead them and that he had a diplomatic mission to make sure the treaty was set up like they wanted. He smiled as he knew that it would work out. The treaty was already done, but not official, therefore no reason to tell his people till it was past when his old man had passed on. He found that the elves left quickly wanting to return to their homes and to their loved ones.

Ico slipped out that night and used the same trick with the flowers again as he rested in the hot springs, it was a bit brighter, he used magical orbs to light up the water as well, giving it light as he could relax and enjoy the moment, he wasn't sure if Talia would come along or not. He knew that she would be very busy, but if she did all the better. He figured that between them, there was a interesting and good relationship developing.

After the funerals, many of the men packed up and left that night to return to their families. They were not proud they had lost, but the Princess had explained that there was a peace treaty being set up between the two nations. They believed that all would work out, and if not, well, they would defend their families with their lives.
Once the wounded were helped onto wagons, and messenger hawks sent to the other generals and the king, explaining the situation, Natalia managed to slip away from camp and towards the hot spring. Her white gown stood out from the night time blues, greens, and browns of the forest. Around her waist was a small belt and dagger, after all, the war may be over, but animals did not know the difference and she was too stressed and weary to use magic to defend herself at the moment.
Still, the demon princess smiled a bit when she caught sight of the lights at the spring. She wondered how long he had been waiting, but she made her way over to the edge of the pool, slipping her shoes off first and setting her feet in the warm water as she sat on the edge of the water. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.." She mused quietly as she smiled a bit at him.

The prince remained in the water, as he looked up at the red eyed blonde princess. He stretched as he smiled looking in her general direction. "Well now, let me see, I guess perhaps 10 minutes or so, nothing to long and I am here pretty much alone, actually I am alone, the last elf in demon lands," he admitted as he looked at her, before his hand pointed to a spot where his bag was kept with his things inside. "I figure that now I am traveling with you, I don't need to bring that much, though I don't know how far it is to your home," he said as he looked at the lights, "they are created with light magic, it is the area that I happen to be the best in," he said warmly as he motioned her to join him, "I can turn my back around, but there isn't anything I haven't seen already you know," he said with a smile, he had known what her body looked like for a good while since they first came to the springs actually.

Natalia chuckled a bit and removed her belt and dagger before slipping off her dress and setting it to the side. She then waded into the water, relaxing into the warmth. "It's about a two days journey north from here, so I hope you kept a horse with you." She mused as she glanced over at him. "Ice is actually my element, though. Obviously not one that I can use well here," she added with a chuckle.

Ico blinked and let out a soft sigh, "I see, well, I don't actually own a horse, and don't know how to ride one," he admitted with a weak smile on his face as he looked at her. "Elves don't ride horse, well normal horse anyhow," he said with a half smile as he heard that her element happened to be ice. He smiled as he nodded moving closer to her as he did so. "Well Ice is a very useful element keeps thing cool in the summer and is pretty too but also very dangerous," he mused as he looked at her, "very much like you in some ways," he added before smiling at the blonde princess.

A small amused smile played on her lips. "Elves don't use horses? What do you use then?" She asked, curious, but now trying to imagine Ico not being able to ride a horse. She watched him draw near, and she tilted her head slightly as he mentioned that ice was similar to her. "Minus my temper," She chuckled, adding on to his statement.

"Well normally we elves actually walk most everywhere, it is normally just not done, but the horses we ride when we do are not normal, they are Pegasus, you know horses with wings and all," he explained as he looked at her and nodded his head, "I think that is true to, your temper is pretty impressive," he said before he let his lips find her own lips, pressing against them firmly as he pulled her into his arms, his strong body pressing against Talia body as he gave her the longer then normal kiss.

Ico never gave Natalia time to respond before pulling her into the kiss. This one didn't surprise her much, and she found herself eagerly kissing back as he pulled her close. The princess knew that they weren't acting properly, but she honestly didn't care. She was happy he was alive, even if she had lost, but she was grateful she had gotten to know him first as just a simple knight than a prince.

He smiled as he looked at her and then kissed her again, "I hope things turn out well, I have to be honest, I don't think they would of turned out so well if your side had one," he said as he looked at her, "no way your father would be as lenint on my people as I am going to be on yours," he said knowing that it was very much true. He kissed her again as he let his hands remain around her waist. There was a temptation to take things farther, but he was no fool, to have his way with her before the treaty would be the most stupid thing he could ever do.

"Yes, you are probably right about that.." She answered, gazing up at him. "My father still won't be very happy about some of the terms you've set, but he won't disagree so long as he is assured everyone will be treated fairly." Natalia reached up and cupped his cheek before leaning up and planting a soft kiss on his lips. "We still should be careful.." She whispered, wanting him to be wary. She knew that there would be many who would try to take his life while in demon lands.

"Yes, I know safety is important for us and I have ideas, plus I have taken precautions as well before my men left me," Ico commented as he looked at Talia for a moment giving her a kind smile. He knew that he was going into the lions den in a matter of speaking and that not being careful about what he did or how he handled himself could be fatal. "I shall always be careful, but at least now, I have you to watch my back," he said as he smiled at Talia for a moment, "Now the treaty, I have to get it approved if I can I think it will stop the violence and the hatred, plus I think there is a card I can play that will force him to agree."

Back
Top Bottom