Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All's Fair in Love and War ((Half-Demon X Yajirobe))

The land of Starfall was once a peaceful place. Demons and Elves lived in peace, even if it was a separated one. That changed when the Elvish King learned of the riches in the Demon kingdom. He was old, but greedy. It wasn't long before he declared war, assuming his warriors were stronger and more skilled than the demons, but that wasn't exactly so. They lacked the cunning and ferocity that the demons were renowned for.
Yet, the loss on both sides was great. The demon prince had been slain in battle, but instead of announcing the loss of the next in line, the princess insisted she take his armor and fight as him. The king wanted to keep her back, but he knew that if she were to stay and his army fail, it would be far worse for her than to be killed on the battle field. With reluctance, he agreed. He knew she was just as skilled as her brother had been. He just hoped that she would be the kingdom's saving grace.

Ico was the only son of the elven king and he was to be the next leader of his people, he was a man who looked and acted the role of leader far more sadly then his father did at this point. His father was falling into the disease of the mind, it was easy to tell for him and he had known for sometime. It wasn't as though it had been signs that it wasn't going to happen, they were there. He had to go to war with the demons, a war that he always figured they would start, it was the elves who started the war. He had lead his people in each battle, his skills with a bow, with a sword in combat were the equal of any, and his leadership skills and tactics granted the elves many of their victories in the war.

The white haired elf walked to the hotsprings that he had heard about in the area. He walked into the area as he looked around for a good moment or two. He walked up thought the trees as he took a deep breath the tall but strong prince was a man who looked graceful, he looked like how a prince of the Elves should look. He walked up to the spring figuring that he would see it empty, but he noticed the blonde hair of someone who happened to be using it, he moved up carefully as he said nothing keeping an eye on the woman who was inside of the hotsprings before revealing himself, "excuse me, but who do you happen to be," he asked as he figured he had an edge still dressed if the woman wanted to fight with him. He wasn't in the mood to fight anyhow and he had no aims to fight, he had enough of that on a daily or weekly basis. His green eyes focused on her though as he wanted to know who he was about to join in the hot spring.

Natalia, the name of the princess. Her long golden hair and ruby red eyes were some of her more notable features. She hid these features behind a mask in the day, fighting with the ferocity of a male demon, leading many to believe that she was actually the prince instead. She had lead her armies for some time, and that lead to the current battle. It was against the Elvish Prince, and it seemed that this would be the deciding fight. Neither side relented, but called for a temporary truce as night fell. Demons did have honor, contrary to popular belief.

The princess had then given in to one of her habits and made her way to the hot spring to bathe. She stripped and entered the pool, relaxing as the warm water relaxed her sore body. And then the voice called out. A squeak of surprise left the girl, her arms instinctively moving to cover well endowed chest. Her red eyes fixed on the elf that stood at the edge of the pool, and she knew a fight in her state would be a losing one. Natalia knew better than to answer him honestly though. "T~Talia.. A servant of the prince.. And you are..?"

The demon looked at him and he blinked, for Ico, it was a odd feeling looking at a demon, he wasn't so used to dealing with them. He didn't trust them, as he knew they were known for their lies. He shook his head as he nodded his head, best to avoid fighting, he told himself, as he looked at the woman, "Talia, huh, servant of that damnable prince, I see, well, I am Yoko, and I am a lowly knight in the servance of Prince Ico as well," he said lying himself. He knew it best to not reveal to an aide of the Prince who he was. It wouldn't be the smartest move int he world.

He slipped into the hotsprings undressing unworried if the servant was or wasn't able to see him as he undressed in front of her. He got into the hot springs and looked in her direction for a moment, relaxing, "It is nice to have a day off, all of this fighting is getting...annoying," he said honestly as he leaned back resting against one of the natural stone embankments of the springs. "How long do you think it will last this peace, I figure a week maybe less," he mused as he rested his eyes a bit feeling the warmth of the water agianst his body, it was a good spring to enjoy.

Natalia looked away from the elf as he undressed. Her cheeks lit up in a light blush, and she scolded herself for staying longer than needed. She had just wanted to relax after a day of arguing with her advisors. And now, she was sitting in a spring with an elvish knight, both undressed. Not how she intended for the night to end.

She was surprised that he was willing to talk with her, as she was demon, and him elvish. She glanced back at him, and thought over his question. "That probably depends on your Prince. Demons are merely defending ourselves against your attack."

"Well, that is your point of view my dear," he said calmly as he relaxed and looked over at the woman, "from where I sit, demons have been raiding elvish town for hundreds of years, enslaving some even over the genrations, I would hardly call Demons peaceful, there are some pretty nasty warbands who answer to no one and who the royals have no control over," he replied as he looked over at her. "Yet, I am sure your prince would deny such things take place."

"The Prince also has no say, he does what his lord wishes of him, he is a good son, and he follows orders as a good general should, if he didn't the demons would ambush and destroy," he said looking at her, "yet for now he won't break the deal, I am sure your side will, the blood prince, most likely though some ambush or sending some hellish group to try to attack when we are asleep, or having one of those damn bandit groups attack for him."

"You forget that those wild bands have been banished. If spotted by our own, we either kill or capture them depending on the crime and how easily they surrender. At least the rest of the demons under His Majesty's rule are more peaceful and honorable than the elves that I have seen." She stated glancing away from the elf. "I know, however, so long as your side doesn't try to advance further, the Prince will not attack. He is merely defending his people and kingdom."

"Of course the have been banished, into Elven lands, where they can rape and pillage and murder till their hearts content," he mused as he looked over at her, she shook his head and let out a sigh, "we shall see, I do not trust your word, but time shall tell won't it, we are hear to protect our people as well. If we continue to let your people banish war bands we will be in a endless war against your peoples without ever being able to solve the true issue behind it," he said as he looked at her, "Well, lets just say you and I are not going to agree, you have been set in your ways. Elves respect nature, and all the creatures of it, I am not sure how you can get more honorable and peaceful than that," he said raising an eye, of course things were complicated then that with the ambitions of the king, but the average elf held his love of nature above most all else.

Natalia scoffed at his words. The war bands were banished to the north, not the south where the elves lived. Yet it seemed that several had gone out and had made their way down. Wonderful news, and she could send word to the northern patrols to increase the security. At least that would help with that problem.

"Yes, we can see your love for nature and all creatures by actually starting this bloody war. If your king is mad enough to think we have anything more valuable here, then maybe it is time for him to retire." Her words were sharp, but they conveyed her irritation and anger over the matter.

"A king does what he does and the people follow, your king has made plenty of his own mistakes too, though not mad, is far from perfect," he said calmly as he kept his anger in check, he might not be the man he was once, but it was still his father, and he would defend him as best as he could. "Lets just agree to disagree on pretty much everything demon," he said as he rested his eyes and relaxed, "I just want to end this war, defeating you would end it, or rather your prince. I am sick of the war, don't claim to be innocent of any wrong doings for all sides are far from innocent, war is hell, it is something that should be avoided but once it starts one much do what one can for ones people, if we give up now..we I am sure you know why we fight till the end neither of us wants to lose, and we both know what will happen if we do," he said calmly as he took a deep breath. "How long have you served the Prince, you seem quite loyal, from what I can tell, the Prince much enjoy that loyalty."

Natalia huffed angrily, but didn't try to argue back. Arguing with a simple knight would get no where. It was a bit harder for her to keep her anger in check, due to her demon instincts, but she suppressed them well enough. She did her best to relax, and decided to keep her answers both honest and obscure. "I grew up with him. It's only natural for me to be loyal to him."

"So it is true, that he likes to skin his enemies alive and eat them," he asked as he had heard the rumor about the prince, "something about believing that eating the heart of his foe would give him more courage and their brains more intelligence or something, I heard it for a while, always thought it seemed really crazy, but I guess you get known as the blood prince for a reason," he said never having actually battled this prince, he away always on a different from the guy. "Well at least you can say you know him well, and I am sure he is very glad to have a servant who is loyal."

Natalia rolled her eyes and shook her head as he asked about that ridiculous rumor. "Contrary to popular belief, Demons don't eat flesh. When we do eat meat, it's fish, cow, pig, fowl, goat, sheep, not people. The prince only obtained his name through his ferocity in battle." She explained as she looked at the elf. Honest answers. Demons weren't as barbaric as elves thought. "I'm sure he's grateful as well."

"Good to know, always seemed odd, but oh well, I guess not everything said is true," he said as he liked the feel of the warm water on his face, "so, what are you a servant doing out here without any guards, it is a odd thing if you don't mind me asking, I hope you have been trained to defend yourself, there are some mean creatures that roam the night, and I must say, I wouldn't let a servant, especially a beautiful one as yourself be alone. I would keep an eye on her, I am guessing that you have feelings for this prince," he said as he looked over at the woman, something said not average, but maybe she was an assassin, that seemed possible and everything was a cover.

"You underestimate demons. Most of us have minor magic that we can use as well as animal like senses. Even someone as untrained as me can defend myself well enough," She stated pouting slightly. "And as for a guard, I dislike bathing while being watched, though obviously you don't have much care for that. If you think of me as a threat, go and check my cloths. You'll only find a dagger."

He smiled at her comments, "I don't find you a threat, I only wish to make sure that your people are not worried about you," he said as he looked at her. "You didn't answer my question either, I guess your avoiding the real status between you and the blood prince, I bet lover, yeah that would make sense, a demon would take a woman like you as a queen in waiting," he mused as he looked at her, "I do not underestimate demons, they are savage brutal kills who love killing elves, I have seen plenty to show me this I true on battlefields, demons don't take prisoners, which I am sure you know if you have been on a battlefield, well, I must go, I don't want to turn into a raisin," he said with a kind tone as he slipped away not worried about being seen naked using magic himself to create clothes around him as he slipped from the springs to head back to camp.

Well, he wasn't far off when he thought for her to be the next Queen. The reason she avoided that question, is she didn't want to let it slip that the prince, though now dead, was her brother. It was better off him think she being his lover. She muttered about arrogant, pompous elves as she finished her bath and got up to get dressed. There was no way he was just a lowly knight with that attitude! A captain at the very least. After Natalia was dressed, she made her way back towards her camp, still in a foul mood over the elf, though she didn't show it.

The peace managed to last though the next morning and the Prince headed to the hot springs after a morning of training. Ico went there and slipped into the water letting his strong body relax, he figured that this time he would most likely be alone, that the beautiful hotheaded demon wouldn't be back. He closed his eyes and let himself rest comfortably in the hot springs as he took in the comfort and made a mental note that he would have to remember where this place was for even after this horrid war was over. It would be a great place to visit and enjoy some relaxation.

He was right that she wouldn't be back so early, however later on that morning, she returned with the same idea that the arrogant elf wouldn't be there. She groaned audibly when she saw him in the spring. So much for a real chance to relax. "Must you always show up here when I'm wanting to relax?" She growled, irritation more than any other emotion apparent on her face.

He looked up with one eye as he saw the woman and shook his head, "you said your all about peace and harmony, there shouldn't be any problem showing me those facts while we are here, right," he said with a smile as the white haired Ico looked at the blonde demon, "you never answered if you were lovers or not, I figured a woman like you has the pick of all the demons, beautiful, with that temper though, you might scare most of the men off even demons," he said with a small grin on his lips as he looked at her for a moment.

"Why are you so interested in my love life?" She asked, frowning as she crossed her arms over her chest. This was why she didn't want him around. He was so nosy and arrogant. Deciding heck with it, she stripped and walked into the spring, going to the side opposite from him. Maybe he'd shut up and she could actually relax.

"Curious, when one sees a beautiful woman it always seems odd that she doesn't have a strong overprotective man nearby," he said with a shrug of his shoulders as he looked at her. He relaxed and was quiet, he figured that this woman was not in a good mood at that moment. He didn't care if she was or wasn't but he wasn't in the mood for an argument at that moment in time. He wanted to relax, and the hothead would be unable to have a sensible conversation. He figured that the man who was married to her must have a woeful life to deal with her temper, but he figured that the prince kept it in check somehow when he dealt with her.

She sighed at his comment and shook her head as she relaxed against the warm stone. If the elf paid any attention, she wore not jewelry, nor any sort of marks on her skin that hinted at a husband or even a lover. But that was if he paid any attention to her.

He nodded, he hadn't paid attention this day, and the day before he only saw her nude, "I must say I am surprised, why not, you must have suitors, you must have those demons, of which ever color after your hand to strength their relationship to the prince," he said softly not aiming upset, "I wish to know you better, which is why I am curious, what things does a servant of the great blood prince like to do, does she prepare his weapons live to make her prince happy alone or does she do more than that?"

"Yes, suitors, but they're all bloody idiots. None truly care, and to them it's all for greed." That part she could be completely honest about. Hundreds of demons had tried to court her. All left running. "I care for his armor and weapons, offer companionship, friendship, and whatever else I can.." Mostly true. She did take care of his armor and weapons now that she used them, and when her brother was alive, she did offer him companionship and friendship.

Back
Top Bottom