Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Silly Gothic Name Generator [Get a free mini-myth!]

RE: Silly Gothic Name Generator

Alvis?

When you get a chance, would you mind writing up something for me, using my official name now?

Velvet Lullaby, therefore.

And ... hm. I wouldn't mind being in the 2nd age. I'm not picky on time period, truthfully.

Thanks in advance :3

The compliment is very appreciated Animus. :) Glad you enjoyed it.

Yuna, you are next on my docket, and I would be happy to fit you into the Second Age.

But without further adieu! To Malice, I present....

Scarlet Stalker​

What is that you say? Was the Dark beaten back with loss of their Raven Witch, and the lighting of the beacon? No. The Dark lands slumbered for many years, with no force truly great enough to threaten the people. And yet we waited. And yet we watched. A few attempts from the beasts to emerge were pushed back, after all, they were nearly mindless brutes. So we all believed. And so we were, all of us, deceived...

A fierce attack left the Watchers depleted, and while more were coming to relieve them, something slipped through, something that had not been seen in the lighted world in an age. It walked amongst the people in the light of day without fear of wound, it braved the light cast from the beacon lit with the First Fire. And so it came that the people invited into their company a monster in guise of human.

The first death shocked the people to silence. Pulled limb from limb with inhuman strength and power, eyes turned to the new comer among them. But they could not locate them. They had left the village. The following night, in the next village to the West, another death. And then another. Word began to spread among the people, to be wary of this Stalker of Men.

The charade now destroyed, the Stalker did cast off any attempts at blending into the people, and indulged it's predatory nature. A life was taken from each village, and then the larger towns fell prey to the violence, all the while the people did scour the lands for the Stalker. As the hunt grew more intense, the deaths began to increase. From a life every night, it grew to two. And then three. And then five. Soon whole familes fell under the merciless rage and cruelty of the Stalker.

A hunting party did fall upon the Stalker as it worked it's grisly trade on a victim, finding it Scarlet with blood both old and new. In the ensuing battle, but a single hunter escaped, his mind broken from the horror and violence he had witnessed. When the roused might of the people came, those who had girded themselves as warriors ringed the town, and prepared to sweep through it, to find and slay this Scarlet Stalker.

When they moved in, what they found was not what they expected.

The town was crimson with the blood of the folk who lived within, the Stalker having slain everyone. It sat upon a mound of dead, smiling to the advancing warriors, and all knew what she waited for. Without the Song-Sages to sing the dead home, the corpses began to move, to rise up and walk once more. The Stalker would bring about the ruination of the people once more, but this was not to pass. The warriors did pull back to the edge of town, firing the buildings as they moved, building a conflagration that none could survive, and waiting for the Scarlet Stalker to emerge. And emerge it did.

Flames wreathing it's body, the Stalker did rush the warriors, rage and hate visible no it's face. Though it slew many in it's attempts to flee, the warriors were too many, and many sold their lives simply to keep it in place while more of their number arrived to overwhelm it. Slain on the field, the Stalker was cast back into the flames, consigned to the fire for all time.

The town was never rebuilt. the land is still scorched, a new wasteland within the grounds. The fury unleashed had not been seen since the previous age, not since the Dusk Spirit had walked the lands.

But we sing the tale of the Scarlet Stalker, so that we may remember that we must always remain vigilant against the Darkness.

Wow, Alvis. These are all really good.

Giddy chuckle

Now I definitely can't wait

Especially since my courage fails every time I try to write something for myself/the hell of it ... which is really odd given I can RP on forums fine

Arn't they, Yuna? I fucking love my mini-myth!

And.

Hugs her

Lovely to see you~ ^^

You were the Dawn of the First Age Kara!

Really glad everyone has been enjoying thesee! I've been enjoying making them!

For you Luna! (I seem to be on something of a villain trip right now...)

Velvet Lullaby​

Yes, it is true that the Dark has made many attempts to lay the people low, but is it not testament to our skills that we still stand? But the Dark was not the only thing we had to fear in that age. Often, some of the greatest of threats were not those that came from outside, but from within the people themselves. Add wood to the fire, adn build it bright, and I shall tell you another tale...

The people reeled from the horror of the Scarlet Stalker, and turned inwards to find ways to ensure such never happened again. The Song-Sages reviewed their lore, and turned to attempts to craft new songs to help their people. All hoped that the Great Powers might turn their gaze to them, and grant them another inspired sage, that they might make themselves safe. One of their number plumbed the depths of song, seeking knowledge. What she found was not what she expected.

New songs came to her, more than she ever imagined, songs to do all she could wish. Songs for freedom, songs of binding, songs of death. It was all that one could ever hope for. But she did not share what she knew with her fellow Song-Sages. She hoarded the dark knowledge, and began to use it for her own purposes. Songs of suggestion made sure she never hungered or had a thirst. Songs of death ensured no rivals might rise to challenge her. And finally, songs of lust ensured that no man would ever refuse her.

The people were slow to realize what had grown within their midst. A village remained locked under her sway, none able to challenge her. The people feared to call for a Champion, terrified of that invested form falling under the sway of this Sage. Hope started to fade, until deliverance came to them from the Watchers. A warrior of great skill and piety, with faith in the Great Powers, and quiet faith in the Dusk Spirit.

And perhaps more importantly, they had lost their hearing battling the creatures of the Dark some years past.

Advancing on the village, the warrior bat aside more than one who had fallen under the sway of the Sage, for she had found a Song of Enslavement, and many would throw aside their lives for the benefit of her safety. Undeterred, he moved into the village, until the fallen Sage stood before him. As he approached, she found her songs falling on deaf ears, and began to panic. Without the power of her songs, she was no match for such a warrior.

Dredging her knowledge of song, she at last found one that might help her. As she sang this tune, the wounds that had marred the ears of the warrior began to close. Her Song of Healing was setting him right. The warrior stood before the fallen sage, and she tearfully began a song. His eyes closed, tears in them as he heard her voice. Soft as the finest velvet, he knew what power her song possessed. A Song of Forgiveness. With a nod of his head, he gathered her close, and sank his blade into her heart.

Her death came quickly, and those slaved to her will were released. Though they sought to defile her body, to burn it to ash, the warrior refused them, bearing her body to the edge of the town, where the Song-Sages, at his demand, sang her soul home. The Velvet Lullaby had passed from the realm, and though she had done great wrong, the warrior would hear nothing of her evil. She had found great power. And that power had wrought horror to her mind, for it was not for mortals to conduct such unto the world. Her songs were not from the Great Powers, but he called them a curse from the Dark lands. All but the last. That of Forgiveness. And if the Great Powers could grant such to her, then it was not for the people to judge her.

And we sing of her death and life to remind us all that great power must be tempered by even greater wisdom. Else we lose all that we might stand for.

Destiny Lullaby is what mine turns out to be...Hmmmm... I could go with either 2nd or 3rd age

Alvis, I think it would be rude of me not to take you up on your offer, so if you'd create a myth for 'BellaDonna Stalker', I'd be very happy.

As for specific requests, I really have none, though since I'm apparently a Greedy Emo according to my Zodiac sign, maybe some angst is appropriate?

So, I'm changing this up a little, because I didn't want to write two lullaby myth back-to-back.

Don't worry Vein, yours is coming!

So...Andy, this one is yours!

BellaDonna Stalker​

You are still not sated? You wish to know more of our people? Of course there is more to tell, but I am old, and I have a thirst. Ah, thank you. Very well, gather closer and I shall speak to you of another who came upon our people, who changed how we viewed things, and who changed the borders of our land.

So much had to change in so short a time. So many lives had been broken by one of the Song-Sages delving too deeply, and finding that which mortals were not meant to find. And so decrees were made, and the Song-Sages began to at last organize themselves, to become a single group instead of scattered keepers of lore. And amongst the land, the songs that were sung helped the land grow.

Within the forests still thick and powerful with age, did dark things move once more. And of these dark things lived one who cared not for the vain ambitions of his people, but instead chose to walk a path all his own. It was this creature, wrapped in the guise of man, that first found that which allowed him to bear the light of day. The Deadly Nightshade, once consumed, would allow him time in the light, and he used this to cross great distances, seeking answers for himself. And mayhaps his peopel as well. At first unnoticed in his passage, this creature found that his consumption of the Nightshade did force upon him a change.

For every step he took upon the green lands, rot and decay did follow him. The lands behind him were fading, and he knew that it would not be long before the people did seek him out to end his life. Knowing he had but a single choice, he turned to the West, entering the one place that the people did not dwell. He entered the scorched wastes left behind from the strides of the Dusk Spirit.

Within these lands, rot could find no hold in the blasted, dry wastes. Upon his shoulders he felt a weight settle, knowing that somehow, the events that had been an age past had been a part of his own people's origin. Trekking across the lands, he found his Nightshade was beginning to empty, and he would soon face the light of day unguarded. He counted his time before death, and found it fast coming.

It was within this blasted wasteland that shadows did stretch across him. As he looked to what was coming, he saw that the nation to the east had sent a great force to sack the lands. The wasteland was thought to be uncrossable by mortals, and thus was unguarded. The dust raised by the horde did blot the sun from the sky. Though his first thought was to follow in their wake, accepting the saving grace of their passage, but something stirred within him. Perhaps a seed of nobility, but he would not turn aside from their coming, he would not allow them to pass untouched.

As the horde did march past, the beast slunk amongst the men. The horde had thought itself prepared for infiltrators, but it was prepared for mortals. The beast now amongst them was nothing of the sort, and the savagery it unleashed was beyond the measure of their minds. As the horde tried to cross, the beast stalked the grounds, slaying all that he laid hands upon. The panic that spread led the horde to shatter, and spread across the wastes, allowing sun and sand to do the work of laying them low. Soon, the few that had survived the passage encountered those of the people that had been pursing the beast. The horde begged entry to the nation, pledging their service, and that their homes would be ripe for conquest, with the losses taken from the passage. If only the people would spare them the wrath of the Stalker.

As the people did stare into the wastes, the beast did stumble forth. His Nightshade exhausted, the rays of the sun did sear his flesh, and wither his form. He fell to his knees, his tale on his lips, to be told to those who might remember him. The pursuers stared in wonder at this beast whose actions had spared the people an invasion. The pursuers did call to the Great Powers, beseeching them for knowledge, for guidance. What came was a change.

The beast that had worn the shape of man did not burn in the sun, but twisted in form, and changed. Where his body had lain, now grew the greatest and largest growth of the Nightshade plant in the lands. And it grew upon the land of the wastes, showing that the land could indeed heal.

Given name by the plant that he had become, the Belladonna Stalker had saved our people, and from the knowledge given, the domain of the people did expand to include the lands of the West. And it restored the hope of the people that perhaps, with time, all things that had been scarred in the lands might be renewed some day.

So do we sing of the Belladonna Stalker. That we may be reminded of these things. That we may be reminded that nobility is not exclusive to the people.

Alvis, that is brilliant, even better than I was expecting and much appreciated.

The BellaDonna Stalker will be forever in your debt.

Thanks, I love it.

Pleasure to do it Andy!

Tell your friends that they should get myth-ed! I need some more volunteers if I'm going to reach my goal! :p

No worries, I'll credit you when I use it, and see if I can't get you a couple of more myths to write.

Black Lullaby...Hehe

Sorry for the wait Vein! But here it is, the next of the Myths! This one is not the next in order, it's actually the Dawn of the Third Age, it just seemed to fit better there than the next in line.

Hope you enjoy it!

Destiny Lullaby​

That age had drawn to a close. We, the people, knew not what we had lost in those dark times, only that we were once more beset. The Dark lands waxed with power once more, drawing strength from some source that we did not know. The Great Powers were silent to our pleas, and only the spirits they had granted us seemed to hold desire to help and guide us. The beacon lit with the First Fire still warded the lands of the people, at least those that had been granted to us by the Dusk Spirit in times of antiquity. But the new lands, those brought to us beyond the Wastes, were now lost once more. The people were surrounded, the Dark Lands now encircling us, isolating us. The wealth of the larger cities was dwindling without the trade, once so rich from our neighbours. It was clear that something must be done.

A plea was made, a call to the Great Powers, that they might grant a Champion once more, someone to show them the way through this darkness, to throw back the creatures of the Dark lands, and somehow free the lands around them from the hold of the Dark. And so, once more, the Powers seemed to give answer.

Not shining with white light as the last, this Champion burned once more. Fire and wrath were the elements that showed most strongly, and once more, the people rejoiced, even as they feared this new power. So like the near forgotten Dusk Spirit, this Champion took on the task of saving the lands around them. Leading a chosen band of warriors, the Champion set out.

All the while, among the Song-Sages rested one who did not believe that the Champion was sent by the Great Powers. To say so aloud was the foulest of blasphemies, and would see them cast aside. Not willing to give up what they had built for their life so easily, but neither willing to rest all of the hopes of the people in this one being, the sage set out to discover what knowledge could be found.

Forbidden,and dangerous, but seen as perhaps necessary, the Sage began to plumb the depths of the Songs that had been granted. The Song of the Velvet Lullaby firmly in their mind, wary of what could be found at the depths of this power and knowledge, the Sage did risk everything to find what might help the people.

And so they did find what they sought.

A Song of Knowing, one to ease aside the fog of uncertainty, to illuminate mysteries. While not all powerful, it might grant the Sage what was needed. Song upon their lips, they ventured to the edges of the lands of the people. Upon reaching these lands, the fog did lift, and an answer was made clear to the Sage. Feeling a fool, they turned back to the lands, and began to set out for the Temple of the First Fire.

The acolytes there did speak to the sage, and here of the plan that had been wrought. A line of beacons, smaller than that that adorned the mountain, but enough to push the Dark back from the lands of that were even now so afflicted. Word was spread that this would be wrought and put into place. Bearing a torch lit from the First Fire, the Sage did move to light the beacons, and push away the endless Dark. In great waves did the light push back the Darkness, the purifying, holy light doing the work that all had sought. Pockets of the people that had been trapped in the Dark began to emerge, sorely tested but still defiant. It seemed that all might be set right in the lands, and teh people did rejoice.

Until the First Fire began to fail.

It's power was vast and beyond the ken of mortals, but it was not without limits. And those limits had been exceeded. The acolytes sent for the Song-Sages, needing their guidance to save the First Fire, but they spoke not a word to the people at large, fearing what panic might be wrought by such an action.

As the council of Song-Sages gathered, they began to quail before the great catastrophe that loomed before them. Without the First Fire, they would all fall back into Darkness, and likely be destroyed. Talk began of summoning back the Dusk Spirit, to seek the renewal of the First Fire, but all knew that to do so risked much. Her wrath might well lay waste to teh lands once more, and the people could ill afford such. The Sages did quail before the problem. All of them. Save for one.

Song on their lips, this Sage called for Knowing, singing the song that they knew would reveal the acts they had done. But in the sight of such choices, they could no longer guess at their path. They needed to Know. And the Song did reveal the action that needed to be taken.

The power of the First Fire was indeed waning. But it could be restored to its fullest, but only through sacrifice most dear. The Song-Sage did turn to their brethren and speak.
"Know that I did that which was forbidden. And Know that in doing such, I did find the ways to save our people. The laws of our kind say I must be punished, and that I must be exiled. But Know that I have one last task to perform as one of you. Remember that the Destiny that I now take upon myself was not one forced upon me. It was the Fate that I chose. All I have done, and may yet do, is for the good of our People."

Turning from the council, the Sage stepped within the First Fire. The flames grew around them, and all cried out in horror as they sank to their knees within the fire. Flaring brightly, the First Fire took strength from the action, growing in power, taking the nobility, the selflessness of the Sage, and becoming all the stronger for it. And so a new song was born to the people.

It is said by some few of the acolytes that the body of the Sage still remains within, not burned away even after an Age. So do wonder if perhaps the sacred nature of the First Fire might not allow it to take life, and if this would be so, then the fate of the Sage is one too terrible to comprehend. But we still sing of the Destiny Lullaby, who did give their everything to the people, to remind us that there is no greater virtue than the willingness to give your all for the good of the people.

These myths are freakin' awesome. So, if we go by my maiden name..... we get Lily Storm. Sounds pornish. HAH!

Congratfulations Clockwork! You're the most recent outright request...so you're top of the docket. Should have a myth to you within 24 hours!

Back
Top Bottom