Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tuesday Top Ten Hosted by Lord Animus

What should the subject of our next Tuesday Top Ten be?

• Best Book Series'

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Craziest Hairdos in Anime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most Overplayed Electronic Game Franchises

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sexiest Fantasy Races

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Most Adorable Animals... That Can Kill You

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Animus

Planetoid
Hello Blue Moon! I am Lord Animus, a new face around these parts, and I would like to announce to you the introduction of my "Tuesday Top Ten" lists. This is a concept that I used to do back on the site that I am coming here from for the guild that I was a part of there. I'd love to make myself an active and recognizable face here on Blue Moon and these lists used to be a lot of fun for everyone involved. The best part is that they are interactive! You, the readers, choose the subject of the lists.

The basic concept is that each week on Tuesday (duh), I form a top ten list from a list of options that is voted on from the previous week. Every Tuesday, I post my list sometime in the evening and include a poll with five options for the following week's list. The choices are pretty simple - one will always have some real-world implication such as best foods or best book series', one will always have some anime implication such as most ridiculous anime heroes or most terrible English voice acting, and one will always have a video game implication such as most bad-ass video game villains or best story. The other two options will be completely random and off-the-wall subjects; whatever comes to mind at the time.

The deadline for votes each week is eight o'clock Monday night (EST). At this time, give or take a couple of minutes, I'll take a look at the poll and the one with the most votes will be the subject of that week's list. In the case of a tie, I just flip a coin or roll a die. No need to get any more technical than that - it's all in good fun, after all.

Without further adieu, let's get the poll started for this week's list. I know that this week we will only have three days to vote due to when I have decided to join the site, but that's alright. Next week we will get to the normal weekly schedule. I hope that you all will enjoy this as much as I do.

Despite having already levelled my vote, I'd like to know by what criteria you're going to be judging some of these things. I'll start at the top with books!

Best selling? Best written? Most popular? I'm kinda curious on this one, as I'm something of a reader myself. :)

My Tuesday Top Tens pretty much boil down to personal opinion. The criteria that I judge on is dependent on what exactly that week's subject matter is. In the case of books, since that is the one that you are voting for, I will be taking into account the author's writing style, how engaging and immersive the story is, and the creative effort that it seems that the books were given.

You can't really judge a book by popularity or how many copies it sold. "Twilight" is a best seller - 'nough said.

Alright, it seems that we have a tie for our first Tuesday Top Ten here on the Blue Moon Forums. Only one fair way to decide this.

*digs a quarter out of his change jar*

And it would seem that Sexiest Fantasy Races will be our subject for this week. Fear not, those who voted for other topics. All topics that are not voted up are committed to a list of topics from which I can draw if I ever get stuck and cannot think of anything. We'll see these subjects again at some point.

To make a long story short, my job sucks. Gonna try to get this out on time today, but no promises.

Alright, so my job proved today that I cannot commit to a weekly task such as this. The company that I work for is very busy right now and it's not uncommon that I get 'volunteered' to work a twelve hour shift or have to travel a ridiculous distance for a job. I don't mind any of this, as it's more money and if I have to travel then I do so in a company vehicle so I am not using my own gas. That said, it does create an uncomfortable time constraint.

I had my list half typed but I was not happy with how it looked. It was rushed, abbreviated, and lacked illustration. It was bland, boring, and still behind schedule for a Tuesday release. Instead, I will redesign this idea into my Journal here on Blue Moon. That way, I can review what I would like on my own time and give you guys something to read that I will be happy with. The time constraints that my current employment places on me would have forced me to present you all with something that I would not have been happy and that would not have been fun for anyone.

If you were looking forward to this, I am deeply sorry. Changing the plans a bit will allow me to give you something of higher quality, however, and that is something that I feel is important for fun little projects like this.

Back
Top Bottom