Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wanted dead or alive: The tragic downfall of a Wild West Outlaw (BBVD&MisaLaVan)

bigbadvoodoodaddy

Supernova
(Sorry if my writing is a little sloppy I promise to you that it will get better as we get further into the roleplay and I you like my post. :] I just love creating a backstory to build off of. )

Joren Armand was born July, 13 1873 to two loving parents Alexander and Juliette Armand. Growing up his life was never an easy he was eleventh child (And only surviving so far) son of a poor farmer who was barely struggling to keep his family afloat (So to speak.) Out of the twelve kids that Alex Armand and Juliette Armand had only two survived a daughter named Lenore (Born in 1883) and a son named Joren who was the older of the two.

Joren was always a troublemaker as a child having been punished many times for many different things that ranged from playing pranks to shooting his father’s chicken (and killing them) with the gun that his father had given to go hunting with. When Joren started school he only had a couple of outfits and so a lot of people made fun of him. That pissed Joren off a lot and he fought often with kids in school and hurt them badly. Having a bad temper people knew not to mess with him from a young age and that continued for him until the day he met Isabella Harper. That was the day that Joren met his best friend and his attitude change to a very peaceful one. All throughout their years in school were perfect because for the first time in Joren’s young life he felt like anything was possible having a best friend who believed in him. That was until the day that Isabella’s parents sent her away to a private school. The day he found out she was leaving he rode his father’s horse all the way into town to say his goodbyes but that never happened because the time he got there she was gone the only person at her house was Isabella’s father who had always disliked him thinking of him as a piece of scum who was bringing his daughter down. Which was how a lot of the rich acted towards the poor at that time. Her father informed him that she was already gone and that she had been sent away to a private school that would enhance her life (Which Joren knew really meant that would get her away from the poor boy that was dragging her down.) After that day Joren was never the same the young man soon became an alcoholic and was kicked out of his father’s home since he was a ‘Bad influence’ on his eleven year old sister so not long after his eighteenth he was living in a makeshift campsite right outside of the large booming town of Dallas, Texas where many times Joren tried to get a job unsuccessfully.

Two days after Joren’s twenty-first birthday he received news that his sister eleven year old sister had been murdered by the notorious murderer “Guns” Al McGee. Joren grabbed his gun and rode off into town towards Teddy’s Bar which was a known hideout for Al McGee after a confrontation with the man who killed his sister he shot the man twelve times killing him. A Marshall who witnessed it was happy to finally have Al McGee dead paid Joren the twenty dollar bounty which was a lot for the time and that brought something out in Joren that had been hidden for many years.

~~Four years later~~

The now twenty-five year old man Joren Armand was now a well-known outlaw who robbed banks for a living which had given him a very hefty profit. It seemed that everybody from New York to California knew of the young accomplished outlaw whose posse were the most feared in the entire country. The Dark Rider’s had already made themselves a legacy for being mean, touch, duelists, robbers and sometimes when needed even killers.

Joren sat at the bar in Teddy’s bar which he now owned drinking a beer which was bad since he was up until this time a recovering alcoholic as he surveyed a room a young woman caught his attention his eyes could be playing tricks on him but if he was correct it was his lifetime best friend Isabella Harper who he hadn’t seen in eight years.

Slowly Joren stood up from the barstool and walked over to the table pulling off his hat which was a sign of respect and he spoke slowly to the woman who was sitting with a bunch of other young ladies “Excuse me miss. I am sorry to intrude on your conversation but I was just wondering is your name possibly Isabella Harper?”

RE: Wanted dead or alive: The tragic downfall and rebound of a Wild West Outlaw

Isabella Harper was born on April 5th 1874, to Adam and Mary Harper. Her father came from a long line of money and so did her mother. It was thought long before she was born she would marry into a rich family. She had been an only child, and knew little of love in her home. Moving into town she had been excited to go to school. Sadly she knew no one, but it didn't take long for her to make a friend.
Joren Armand was a handsome boy, and it didn't take long for Isabella to be friend him. Only weeks after she had gotten her first crush on the boy who showed her just how caring men could be. As time passed the pair became closer and closer. Often they were found snicking around so her father wouldn't know. Year of friendship made the pair closer then anyone had liked. Knowing each other as well as they did, often time no words had to be said.
Their time together didn't last though. She was set to private school to better her life. She had tried her hardest to get to Joren, but by the time she woke her bags had been packed. She was put on the first train out of town, crying the whole way to her new 'home'. She never got over being sent away. Often dreaming of the time she spent with the boy who had stealen her heart before the age of ten.

At twenty-four she was finally home, though it was a sad time. Her mother had just passed and her father had called her home. She sat at a table at the local bar, Teddy's bar. She smiled as she talked to her friends, though her mind was else were. Her light red hair was pulled up into a neat bun, her pale skin almost doll like. Her blue eyes turned toward the man who stood before. She was taken back by how handsome he was, and parted her rose colored lips slightly. She couldn't stop her brows from pulling in confusion at his question. Her eyes moved back toward her friends, who were excusing themselves. She couldn't help but scold them before turning back to the young man before him. She took him in for a long moment before nodding. "I am..." The answer almost sounded like a question.

Joren looked at the woman as she spoke laughing a bit because he could tell by the look on Isabella’s face that she had absolutely no clue who he was but that was understandable through the years he had changed a lot because of the money he had earned by becoming an outlaw. He had toned up, gotten a scar on his cheek, started wearing fancy expensive clothes and had lost all of his baby fat which was what he had been known for. So how could have Isabella known it was him, he was the one being rude for not having re-introduced himself before asking her if it was really her.

“Excuse me it was rude not to introduce myself first. It is funny because we actually know each other quite well. Though you probably wouldn’t recognize me because we haven’t seen each other in almost a decade” he said remembering that that when he was ten years old she had bought him a very nice ring with his name engraved in the middle with the allowance her rich father had given her. She always called it the best friends ring and Joren being the sentimental junkie he was had kept it as a remembrance of a time that was much simpler to him after all the hell he had gone through in his life. The ring was hidden inside of a shirt his necklace keeping it right by his heart where he said he would always keep her memory. So slowly he pulled his necklace off and slid the ring off the necklace holding it in the palm of his hand before speaking again. “I am the leader of the Dark Rider’s outlaw gang they know me as ‘Sixgun’ but you would know me as Joren Armand” he said placing the ring on the table in front of her so she would know for sure that he was telling the truth. He had absolutely no clue where this would go from here, whether she’d still want to associate with him or not after having told her what he had become but he still wanted to try to rekindle something of their past friendship because he knew if he didn’t then he would hate himself for the rest of his life since Isabella had been a very large part of his past life. Joren should’ve expected though that Isabella would’ve came back he had heard not too long ago that Isabella’s mom was very sick and the doctor’s didn’t think she would make it. He had actually read it in the newspaper because it was big news since her parents were the richest people in Dallas Texas so anything having to do with the Harper family went directly on the front page under the main story for everyone to see.

Blue eyes worked over the man before her, taking in his form. Her bright orbs moved back to his face when he started to speak. They filled with confusion as he spoke. She didn't know anyone from this town, other then the girls. She watched him pull a necklace from inside his shirt and listened closely as he spoke. Her eyes jumped to the ring then back to his face. She shook her head as her eyes filled with tears. It wasn't Joren, it couldn't be him. Her daddy told her the boy was dead, he had died a long time ago. She grabbed the ring from the table she stood up, her chair falling over as she did so. Tears burned their way down her cheeks as she stood face to face to the man. "How dare you" She hissed. "I don't know where you got this ring, but your not Joren" Her hand balled into fist so tight her fingers started to go numb. The ring in her hand bit into her skin. "He died... My daddy told me he died..." Looking into though eyes she couldn't help but feel sick. His eyes, she knew those eyes. Her daddy wouldn't have made up such a hurtful lie though, right? Her right hand covered her mouth as she choked back a sob.
Her mind raced almost as fast as her heart did. This couldn't have been happen. She had wanted to write to him, to tell him about her time in private school. Her father had wrote her only days after leaving to tell her the news. Joren had died, he was killed in a fight. Her father spoke of how he had gone back to the troubled boy he had been before their friendship. How he picked a fight and been shot by some outlaw.

Joren chuckled as he heard Isabella tell him how her father had told her that he was dead it didn’t surprise him one bit. Mr. Harper had always hated him more than anything in the world because like any other spoiled little rich kid he was taught that poor people like Joren’s family were the enemies of their money. Most of the rich kids grew up to be real assholes he knew he had killed many of them through his years of being an outlaw but this really stuck with Joren because he knew Mr. Harper knew he was alive and this was the final way to split the seams of their friendship. You couldn’t be friends with a dead man could you and since Isabella was so far away it wasn’t like she could just… Go see for herself. So Joren began to speak slowly “You know somehow it doesn’t surprise me that Adam Harper would make up a story like that. Man that man hated me with every single fiber of his being. He wasn’t anything like your mom Mary now she was an absolutely wonderful woman. Sweet, kind, beautiful and she had those big blue eyes just like you do. I heard about her death and I sent three or four anonymous bouquets of flowers to you and your family because of your tragic loss” Joren said going on and on like he always had. “But unfortunately Miss Dizzy Izzy (His childhood nickname he had given her since she had been a little clumsy then) your father got the right names but wrong details. A few years after you left the notorious outlaw ‘Guns’ Al McGee killed my sister we had a duel and I shot him twelve times and then faked my own death because that was the day I decided to become ‘Sixgun’ Leader of the Dark Rider’s though I informed my ma and pa and still to this day keep in contact with them.” Joren said looking at her “I mean if you’d like I’d be more than happy to take you to their house or yours to confront either family to tell the truth” he said looking at her honestly. Joren just wanted Isabella to know the truth because he could see the fire in her eye she was pissed beyond words because she thought of him as an imposter or something like that because of a faux story that her dad had told her years ago. If her father would’ve told her a couple years after she left then Joren would’ve understood since he faked his own death but this lie… It was nothing more than a way for him to try and split them apart for good this time unlike the other unsuccessful times he had tried.

Isabella could do nothing but look at the man as he chuckled. She listened as he spoke of her daddy, and how he hated Joren. Then of how sweet her momma had been, how that shared the same blue eyes. "Th-thank you" She stuttered out when told he had sent flower. It was nice of him to do that, even after all her daddy had done. She couldn't believe she was standing there looking at Joren. She bit back another sob to hear his sister had been the one shot and killed, but it was all years after she left. She shook her head when he spoke of confronting either of their family. She didn't need that, she knew this was Joren. Holding out a shaky hand she waited for him to open hit. She place the ring in his hand, a few drops of blood slid down her hand from where it had bit into her skin.
She could feel everyone's eyes on them, she hated that they were being watched. She had thought him dead, to fine out in such away her daddy had lied to her was heartbreaking. She didn't want anyone knowing what was going on between the pair. She looked down, shifting from foot to foot a clear sign she was nervous. "I... I wanted to write you... I ..." She swallowed hard. "I'm sorry about your sister..." Isabella didn't know what to do. How could she go home and face the man who had broke her heart. The man who knew it was all a lie and didn't care how much she cried. She had never felt more stupid then she had in that moment. To have believed he was dead, to have listened to her father over the years speak of how he was 'sorry' Joren had died. Then here he was, Joren, standing in front of her alive and well. Not only that but he was an outlaw. She couldn't help but wonder for a moment what would have happened if she had stayed. Would he of still turned into an outlaw, or would he had stayed with her, been everything she had needed him to be like he had when they were children.

Joren looked at Isabella with tears staining his eyes. He hadn’t thought of his sister Lenore in a very long time. “Thank you for your condolences though it means a lot to me. She was a very sweet girl and I loved her very much after you left she was the one who kept me going forward on the straight and narrow. I tried to get a higher education but I quit halfway through to get a job so I could help my pa but he started drinking a lot and from their everything just spiraled down at a fast pace. He began getting violent and so I left the house. Where I fell into the demons of alcoholism for quite a while. That was until the day I heard that Al McGee killed my sister after that day I knew what I was to become and from there the Dark Riders was born and slowly began to grow. Now a few years later we’re one of the most infamous outlaw groups in the country” he explained to Isabella honestly wanting to be completely honest with her. There was no reason lying to her because Joren knew that Isabella cared about him and wouldn’t judge him for all the things he had done in his life even though most of the things he had done were quite horrendous in most people’s eyes. Slowly he sat down at the table as he listened to her talk. “You know it’s probably best that you didn’t write me Isabella while I can read pretty well you know that I have absolutely horrible handwriting so you probably wouldn’t have been able to read the letters I would’ve sent back to you.”

Looking around Joren finally noticed that all the people were looking at them so he reached over to his hip grabbing the Colt Single Action Army Colt pistol which had been deemed by Colt as the ‘Peacemaker’ maker and put the pistol on the table for everyone to see it knowing that everyone would turn their attention somewhere else knowing that everyone in the bar knew who he was and how fast he was to pull the trigger if need be.

A large man standing about six foot seven with a large brown slightly greying beard who was dressed in leather from head to toe walked inside the bar and walked over to where Joren was sitting slowly he leaned over and whispered in Joren’s ear “Sir there are lawmen outside who want to have a word with you. They say that if you don’t come outside then they’ll come in guns raised.”

“Thank you Ivan tell the officer’s I will be outside in a moment” Joren said looking up at the large Russian immigrant who stood beside him. Joren watched as he walked out of the building back from where he had originally came from and slowly his attention turned back to Isabella who was still in the same position she had been in moments earlier before Ivan had come in to tell him that the lawmen wanted to speak with him “Excuse me for one moment Izzy I shall be right back in I have some business to attend to” with that he stood up placing the gun that he had sat on the table back in his holster before turning to walk out the door. As he got outside there was in fact three lawmen standing outside.

An older gentleman with a large cigar hanging from the side of his mouth looked up at the man he knew all too well as the legendary outlaw Sixgun “Yes sir I am Sheriff Monty McGrath and I just wanted to warn you boy you’re in my jurisdiction now and I just wanted to let you know if you’re thinking about trying any funny business I will not be afraid to hunt you down and take you down myself. I know you’ve been stealing from the rich. I also know that you’ve given a lot of money to those who need it which is why I haven’t already put a bullet in you for the bounty on your head do you understand son?”

Joren smiled one of the heartwarming smiles that he was known for and he couldn’t help but chuckle a little bit hearing the sheriff “Of course sir I understand you completely and I want you to know that I have no intention of creating ill blood in this town this is my home and I’ll respect it as well as you sir. Now I bid you adieu for I have a beautiful young lady inside that I was catching up with” he said tipping his hat slowly before walking back inside to where Isabella was “Sorry for that intrusion the sheriff wanted to have a word with me momentarily” he said sitting back down smiling at her.

Isabella didn't miss the tears that filled Joren's eyes. She couldn't help but see the little boy she had known so long ago. Giving him a soft smile when he spoke of his sister. She spoke of how she wanted to write to him. She laughed lightly shocking her head as lifted her chair and took a sit. "You know I always knew what you were trying to write" She said. Thinking of all the letters they had wrote to each other as kids. She had tried her hardest to help him learn to write neater. She watched as he placed his gun on the table, making everyone look away. Before she could speak a large man in leather walked in. She looked down, shyly as the man spoke to Joren. Only when Joren spoke did she looked up. Fear filled her eyes as she had heard the word officer.

Once more her hands tightened into fist as she was left there but nothing but her thoughts. She couldn't help but feel her life was a lie. She would of never stayed in New York is she had known Joren was alive. She would of come home years ago, he was her best friend even to this day. Her father had lied to her, said hurtful things about Joren and how he died. She knew her father had hated the boy, but she had never thought he would hurt her. Then again part of her wasn't shocked. Her daddy had always been a mean man. He treated his wife, Isabella's mother, no better then he did his horse or workers. Until Isabella meant Joren she thought the only way a man could care for a woman was when he hit her. Joren had showed her love, and what true caring was. Part of her wondered if that's why her daddy hated the boy so much. He had shown her just how big of a monster her daddy was, and he just a simple poor farmer's boy.

She snapped out of her thought as Joren once again joined her. She offered him a small smile, one she was sure he knew meant she was upset. He had known her inside and outside, no matter what mood she was in or what she said he knew the true her. She looked toward the door and then back at him. "You must be a charmer not to get taken in, since your such a well known outlaw" She partly teased. She looked down at where her hand sat in her lap for a moment. "Do you think things would of been different if I hadn't of been sent away?" She asked. The thought of what could of happened playing in her mind. Would Joren still be an outlaw. Would she still be forced to marry a man she didn't know.

As Joren looked at her unlike most could see past the wall of fake happiness and knew that Isabella was upset so he placed his hand over hers in a caring manner “Listen don’t be upset Isabella I understand that with all the things that have happened you feel bad but you did nothing wrong and I don’t blame you one bit. I know your father hates me he has since I was a little boy” he explained to her honestly “I also want to let you know that even though I haven’t seen you in almost a decade you are still my best friend in the entire world you’re the only person that treated me nicely, respected me and treated me like a human being even though I was the son of a poor farmer who didn’t truly belong in school but I was trying to make my life better” he said looking up directly into her eyes his ocean blue eyes not breaking contact for a couple of minutes so she could see that he was telling the God’s honest truth to her since he never wanted her to think of him as anything other than a man who truly loved and cared for her.

Joren laughed as he said “Oh come on I know we haven’t seen each other in almost a decade but you should remember how much of a charmer I am. I won your friendship after all didn’t I” he teased with a smile before saying “But no the sheriff wanted to let me know that even though he knew I am an outlaw that he knows I was the one who has been anonymously sending money to help fix up the city and that he wouldn’t arrest me as long as I was a good boy” he said the last two parts teasingly. But then as soon as he finished he heard the question that he had been dreading since he found out that the woman he saw was in fact his dear friend Isabella Harper. “You know I… I honestly don’t know what would’ve happened if you had stayed Isabella because in all honesty it didn’t happen since your father forcibly made you leave. I mean yeah I guess things could’ve possibly been different with you around but we’ll never know because there is no way to change the past all we can do is look towards a brighter future now that we’ve found each other again. Though with your permission of course I would like to confront your father. I promise you that I won’t hurt him or anything but I just want to confront him for the pain he has caused you.”

Isabella knew Joren could see through her fake smile. Feeling his warm hand on hers made her blush a bit. She looked at him as he spoke, reading his face as he did. Their eyes locked and she gave him a real smile. One of the few real smiles she gave anyone, most of them have been to him. She teased him, happy when he teased back. Though she let out an unladylike snort at his teasing. She shot him a look, "Won my friendship? I'm pretty sure it was the other way around." She said. Truth was she didn't remember how they had becomes, only that they had. Joren explained why the sheriff had really wanted him and this time she laughed. "You a good boy? Even at your best you were still a trouble maker." She pointed out. Thinking back to when John Wilson had told her she was pretty and Joren had broke his nose. "That's nice of you though, to help people as you are." She told him honestly. She didn't care he was an outlaw, about what he did or was doing. She knew Joren was a good man at heart. He had had a hard life and she didn't blame him for being the way he was. She blamed her father, and men like him for turning Joren into an out law.

She couldn't stop herself from asking if he thought things would be different. She looked down at where his hand still rested on her as he spoke. She knew he was right, but she couldn't wondering what would of happened if she hadn't been sent away. Her blue eyes snapped back up towards his when he spoke of confronting her father. She didn't think he would hurt her father, or at least mean too. she just knew how well her father could push Joren's buttons. Swallowing hard she gave him a small nod. "Okay. I ... I want to be there too." She told him. She looked at the time and knew she would have to be heading home soon. "I have to go home soon. Daddy will be expecting me." She didn't know if Joren wanted to confront her daddy today or some other time.

“Yes I did say won your friendship I mean here I was just a six year old child playing in the dirt. When all of a sudden this beautiful young girl with fiery red hair which was in pigtails, big beautiful blue eyes and a beautiful dress came up and started playing beside he me in the dirt before handing me a cookie. I mean come on a cookie you should’ve known right there that you made a lifelong friend you can’t give a man a cookie without him following you around. Then finally after about two days I finally talked you into being my best friend with the promise of us always being best friends in the whole world” Joren said remembering how they had become friends as if it had only happened yesterday hell he thought about it a lot because he had truly missed her when her father had moved her from Texas to New York. “Hey you know I can sort of kinda be a good boy when I feel like doing it. I’m the one who helped build the Lovely Ladies statue outside that are two of this town’s biggest tourist attraction now. Actually if you look at it. It’s you and Lenore my sister” he said honestly as he looked into her eyes “Also I built a place for people who are homeless or down on their luck to stay so they don’t have to worry about being ill fed and cold” Joren said honestly as he started thinking about what else he had donated money to but truthfully he couldn’t remember all of it right now since there had been many things.

“Yeah it is getting pretty late sorry for keeping you out so late Izzy” he said honestly as he looked at the barkeep “Hey Theo keep things held down I’m taking this lovely lady home to make sure she gets home safely because of all the attacks that’s been happening the last few months” he said standing up slowly before holding his hand out to her “Would you mind my dear friend if I were to escort you home” Joren asked with a smiled as he stared at her. After hearing about the Downtown Strangler who had pretended to be hurt to get females to stop and help him so he could tie them up take them in to a dark area and sexually assault them before killing them. Joren wanted to make sure that his best friend in the entire world made it home without any trouble and almost no one in town messed with the outlaw Sixgun Armand.

Isabella couldn't help but smile as he spoke of how they meant. She shook her head lightly. "I'm pretty sure that was me paying you to be my friend with cookies." She teased. She hadn't felt this happy or relaxed since she had been sent to New York. "My mommy was upset when I came home covered in mud. I'm pretty sure my mommy told me the way to a man heart is through his stomach, and you were a little cutie back then. With your baby fat that made your face so round and cute like." She laughed thinking back to all the good times they had shared. She raised an eyebrow when told he could kinda be a good boy. Looking back into his eyes she gave a shake of her head, though her eyes were filled with playfulness. "And to do all that you had to be bad." She pointed out. She would have to look at the statues next time, to see just how she and his sister looked. She commented that she needed to get home. The streets were dark and she should of been home an hour or so ago.

She watched as he spoke to the barkeep, a questioning look slipping onto her face. She took his hand and stood before letting him lead her from the bar. Her arm loped in his as she walked beside him. Her body pressed slightly into his. He had some height on him, Isabella stood at only five foot one. She was a tiny little thing, but looked smaller next to Joren. While she was skinny she had covers to her. "Joren did you ever thing of looking for me?" She asked. She looked up at him as they walked.

"You know my daddy is never going to let me out of the house once he sees me with you." She knew her daddy was going to be mad. After all he had done everything he could to keep the pair apart. But just like when she was a child, she found she didn't care.

“Yeah I remember I walked you home that day and I vaguely remember your mother stating that young ladies did not behave like a hooligan” Joren said teasingly as he walked out of the bar arms linked with Isabella like a gentleman would hold himself “Also you’re right about that sometimes it’s so good being bad don’t you think I mean I have been able to do with the money that I have confiscated from uptight first class citizens who are rude to people that they don’t think of as equal’s” Joren said looking at her as he continued walking toward where his horse was hitched up.

Joren then heard Isabella ask him if he ever thought about looking for her “I’ve rode state to state robbing banks and once my journey took me to New York and I began looking for you. Once even I was close to finding you as I was coming up to see you a lawman who had been paid by your father shot at me and hit me in the side. I barely got back to my horse and rode off but I had no choice I turned around and went to my group’s hiding spot that we were staying at. Had the bullet removed and realized that the chances of me ever getting to you were slim to none. I truthfully thought that I’d never see you again which is why I took a chance today. I saw you sitting across the bar from me and somewhere deep down I knew it was you and now I’m glad I did come over because I finally was re-acquainted with my best friend in the entire world. As for your father though I know he’ll try something and while I promise never to hurt or kill your father I still have my way of getting my message across to people so you’ll be fine he’ll let you come see me anytime you want” Joren said laughing as they reached his horse “M’lady may I have the honor of helping you onto the horse” he asked curiously.

Smiling at his teasing she walked with him out of the bar. It was funny to see him being such a gentleman, she still had thought of him as a little boy. She gave him a look before nodding. She knew the type, hell some would even say she is the type. "Do you think of me like that?" The question was only partly teasing. She had done her best over the years to be nice to everyone. Doing what she could to help people. More then once she had given all her money to homeless. She asked if he thought about trying to find her. She nodded as he told her his story. She was somewhat hurt by the fact he had given up trying to see her. She smiled lightly. "I'm happy you came over. Just do you know your still my best friend too" They reached his horse and she reached out to pet its neck. She had always been an animal lover. "When I got to New York, Daddy tried to make it up to me. He bought this sweet little horse."

Blue orbs looked at him. She nodded and let him help her onto the horse. She wanted to believe him that she would be able to see him when she wanted to. She didn't see anything he could do, other then kill her daddy to make that happen. With a deep breath they made their way toward her home. "Do you work at the bar?" She asked remembering how he had talked to the barkeep. It was a funny thought, why would an outlaw want to or need to work in a bar. Her hands held lightly onto the saddle horn as they walked forward. "Do you have a wife? A Girlfriend?" She asked. Surely he had to of had someone he was a handsome man and a bit of a charmer.

“I know for a fact that you are nothing like the men and woman that I steal from you are just a young lady who was born into a family with money who was fortunate enough to actually be born with this little thing that I call a heart which is a great little thing to have if you want to be a wonderful human being like you are my dear friend and I’m glad to know that after all these years you still think of me as your best friend” Joren said honestly as he watched her get on a different horse he had never knew her father had bought her a horse. So after helping her up onto her horse he got on his own and smiled after “Well you know we both have a horse and we’re back together for the first time in many years and since we’re just a little late on getting you home how about we race to your house does that sound like a plan to you” he asked laughing again this was the most he’d laughed in many years because of how depressed he had been for a while after Isabella had been sent off to New York.

“Actually I now own the bar it’s one of the places that I bought when I came back into town because it was one of the places that meant so much to me in my childhood that once I found it in shambles and about to be broken down I swooped in bought it and had it fixed up” Joren explained whenever she asked him about whether or not he worked at the bar. “Also no I do not have a wife or a girlfriend for that matter I dated once or twice but it went nowhere and I decided not to stay in a relationship that was going nowhere you know so we all went our separate ways. One went to California to be a part of that whole new moving pictures business that is becoming such a huge dream and the other went back home to live with her ma.”

Isabella was happy that Joren didn't think of her like he did other rich people. She did have a heart, and big one at that. He helped on her on her horse and she just laughed at his asking about a race. She went on top ask about the bar and smiled in understanding. It was good he had something he enjoyed. She was sure he enjoyed his 'work' but it was different. The bar was something that belonged to him, and no one could take that away. "That was nice of you, to not lead the women on." She had seen it a few to many times. Young girls falling in love only to be lead on for years and having their heart broken.
She sent him a playful smile. "I'm sure my horse could beat yours." She teased. She didn't want him asking about her love life, she wasn't ready to think about that and what was to come. Tightening her reins she wasted no time in kicking her horse. The little gelding leap forward and took off at a canter. Looking over her shoulder for only a moment Isabella made sure Joren's was following. "Come on Boy" She called to her horse. Her heels digging into his side to make him go faster. She worked the gelding all the way home, and smiled when she read her front gate. She looked over at Joren and smiled. Her smile didn't last long though, the front door was ripped open and there stood her daddy.

Adam Harper looked outside the window he was anything but happy his daughter... His pride and joy Isabella had went to town with a bunch of her friends which he was fine with but she had promised to be back hours earlier. Adam had watched out his front window as all her friends returned home one by one but she was wasn't with them and he couldn't help but worry about his daughter especially since there had been a murderer on the loose who had been sexually assaulting and killing young ladies who were out alone. It also didn't help that the very fine young rich gentleman who he had handpicked to marry his daughter had finally come to meet his new bride and she wasn't here.

Joren smiled as he said "Well I might be an outlaw but I am still a gentleman after all" he said laughing as he looked at her with a smile before listening to her talk about her horse "Oh yeah I'm sure your horse could beat mine if my horse had two broken legs and ran sideways" he teased before nudging his horse to begin running as well keeping close to Isabella at all times since he wanted to stay close in case anything happened but soon they were pulling to a halt at the Harper family mansion. "Well it looks like we're here. And since I am here I should have that talk with your father."

Adam watched out of the window and finally a few hours late he watched his daughter pull up on the horse he had gotten her but then he noticed that she was with someone a man.. Who he automatically knew was Joren Armand the man he had tried to keep his daughter away from her whole life quickly he rushed to the door swinging it open with anger in his eyes "Isabella Ann Harper come up here now and get away from that boy I've told you that he was nothing but bad news" he said angrily as he walked outside his gun in hand walking to where Isabella was and pointed his gun at Joren "Get out of here now boy. I've tried to be nice but now I'm done she is betrothed to another man who will enhance her life you're doing nothing but dragging her down and you either leave or I'll kill you."

Joren didn't even so much as blink as he had a pistol pointed towards him instead he slowly got down from his horse and grabbed Adam's hand and put the gun right up against his forehead so the barrell of the gun was pressed firmly against his skull "Shoot I dare you. Do it Adam pull the trigger shoot because only death is going to keep me away from my one and only friend. Do you understand me only death" he said looking at the man the anger flowing from his voice as he spoke to Isabella's father.

Isabella teased Joren about her horse being faster. Snorting when he teased her right back. They raced back to her house, and she was sure if Joren had tried he would of won. Her fun was short lived as her daddy swag the door open and yelled at her. Her smile dropped and sadness filled her face. She slowly slipped from her horse only to look on scared as her daddy pointed a gun at Joren. "DADDY!" She cried out. She took a step forward only to stop when Joren got there first. Tears burned her eyes as Joren held her fathers gun to his head, daring him to shot. She stepped forward "Joren" she feared her father would do it and she couldn't lose Joren again.
A clearing of a throat behind her father pulled her attention away from the men before her. There stood a very handsome man. He was six foot three, built but not like he had worked all his life. His short brown hair and nice close were perfect. His brown eyes were locked on Isabella like he didn't even see her daddy trying to kill Joren. 'when her daddy's words hit her. Betrothed? He was going to marry her off to someone she didn't love, let alone know. "Daddy..." She shook her head. Her soft hands took Joren's free hand and pulled on it. "Joren please...." The tears were flowing now. It was too much, this was all too much.

Erin simply watched as Adam pointed his gun at the man. He didn't care what happened to either of the males. his brown eyes locked on Isabella and he would give it to her father, she was a look. He looked her over and approved, with looks and money he couldn't go wrong. Clearing his throat he shot Isabella a charming smile, one he clearly used on all the ladies. Watching how Isabella fussed over Joren, as she called him, he knew he had to put a stop to it. Walking over he grabbed her free hand pulling her away from the males. "Isabella, I'll have no wife of mine running around with a poor bastard" He hiss.

With a gasp Isabella was pulled away from Joren. She looked at the man horrified as he spoke to her. She twisted and pulled on her arm trying to get free of his hold. She could feel his nails biting into her skin. "Let me go... I'm not marrying you and I'm losing Joren" She spat back pulling harder to get free.

"Leave now" Adam said once more but now his voice was shaky and scared he had never expected this young man to actually calmly walk up toward the gun and dare him to shoot this boy was absolutely crazy and he had always knew it but he never would've dared to guess that this Joren Armand was this crazy.

Joren grabbed Adam by the wrist and squeezed tightly making the man's hand open and the gun to drop to the ground. Joren slowly bent over to pick up the gun and placed it in an empty hoster on his other hip but then the words of the other man hit him like a sack of bricks. There was one word that everyone including Isabella knew he hated more than life itself and that was the word bastard yet this spoiled little punk ass kid who had grown up with a golden spoon in his mouth had just called Joren that. Having been known to have the quickest hands when it came to shooting Joren was not someone to be messed with and the word bastard continued ringing in his ears. So using the fast speed he was known for he had his gun pulled out of it's holster and pointed at the new male that was until the new man started pulling Isabella away from him so he pointed the gun at the man's leg pulled the trigger and watched as the bullet flew through the air hitting the spoiled brat right in the leg.

Joren acted as if nothing had happened and walked slowly towards the man who was now on the ground with a bullet wound "Listen here you loud mouthed spoiled fucking brat" he said grabbing the man by the shirt "If you ever call me a bastard again.. Or ever lay your hand on Isabella Harper again I swear next time I'll hit you right in the heart with a bullet" Joren was now so angry that his personality had changed from the charming kind young Joren Armand to the evil sadistic side of Sixgun the Dark Rider. Slowly Joren pulled a knife from his boot and placed it right against the bullet wound on the mans leg wanting to cause extreme pain "Do you understand me you stupid son of a bitch" he asked in a hoarse angry voice.

Isabella was so busy trying to get away from the man she didn't even know what was happening. She couldn't stop the scream that left her lips when the gun shot rang out. At first she thought her father had done, he had shot Joren Armand. That was until Erin's scream reached her ears. She looked down at the man, who held his leg. Getting some kind of sick joy of seeing him down there. It wasn't until Joren spoke did she looked toward him. Her tears had stopped, but her face was red and bluchy.

Erin screamed, he couldn't believe the bastard had shot him. He looked up in horror at the man as he grabbed his shirt and yelled at him. Another scream left his lips when the knife pressed into his wound.

She did nothing but watch for a moment as Joren pressed his knife into the wound. She didn't feel bad at all for the man. Stepping forward she placed her hand on Joren's shoulder. "Joren... please stop. I don't want you to get in trouble with the law." Her voice was soft, so only he could hear. She only hoped that no one would call the sheriff. Worry and fear filling her blue orbs, but not fear of Joren. Fear for him.

Thinking Isabella would sticking up for him Erin found his nervous. "Your the son of a bitch." He hissed. His brown eyes locked with Joren's blue ones. "I'm marrying Isabella and I can do whatever I want to her. If I want to lay a hand on her you can't stop me." A cocky almost, sly smile slipped onto his face.

Adam stared blankly at the man who seconds ago had a gun placed against his forehead. The man who he hated had just shot the man who was betrothed to his daughter. He wanted to help Erin but he was actually afraid of Joren right now this was a side of Joren that scared the living shit out of him.

Originally Joren had stopped and whenever he felt Isabella touch his shoulder he looked up at her with a smile and began to stand whenever he heard Erin call him a son of a bitch he stopped in the middle of standing up and once again knelt down in front of the man with a sincere smile on his face and he couldn't help but let out a small laugh "You see sir you only think you're marrying this lovely woman. I'm going to give you just a small taste of what will happen if you ever show your face around her again" with that Joren took the knife and stabbed Erin in the gun wound and began digging it around wanting the cause the man ultimate pain. After a few seconds of digging the knife around in Erin's gunshot wound he reached down with his bare hand pulling the bullet from the man's leg "Next time I'll put a bullet right between your eyes mother fucker. As for Isabella she's going to walk over to her horse she's going to get on her horse and ride off with me. And I swear on the grave of my deceased sister if I ever see either one of your faces again....Well let's just say if I see either of your faces again you wont like the consequences. Izzy shall we be on our way" he asked standing up holding his arm out for her to take if she truthfully wished to.

Isabella stepped forward, looking out for Joren, she placed her hand gently on his shoulder. She didn't want him to get in trouble. She smiled back when he looked at her, greatful when he started to stand. Then that stupid man her daddy wanted to marry had to speak. She watched closely as Joren knelt down. She stood close, her hand still resting on his shoulder. That was until Joren stuck his knife in the mans leg. The scream Erin let ou made Isabella jump back.

Erin had never felt such pain in his life. He screamed as loud as he could as Joren dug around in his wound. He gave a weak nodded when told Isabella would be leaving with him. No woman how beautiful was worth this. He sure didn't want her even if she didn't ride off with some bastard.

Bright blue orbs jumped from the passed out Erin to Joren when he spoke her name. She nodded and took hold of his arm. Her hold was tight and her body shook. "Joren" She looked up at him, she let him lead her to her horse. Once he helped her up and was mounted himself she followed him away from her home. "Joren.. what is they tell the Sheriff? What if he tries to take you away... were am I going to go." She was scared about what was going to happen to Joren. even after everything she had seen she couldn't find it in her to fear him. She knew that he more then anyone in this world would take care of her. He loved her and would do what he had to to keep her safe. As he clearly shown her right now. She had a feeling though her daddy wasn't just going to let them ride off together.

Joren smiled as he heard the worry in Isabella's voice he knew that she was afraid of the sheriff or even the marshall coming to pick him up after what he had done to Erin but in all honesty he didn't care about what the law would do to him since he finally was reunited with the woman that had meant more than anything to him for the length of his entire life.

"Well first off it's their word against mine. They have no proof because I have the knife and the bullet. Second off if I do for some odd reason get picked up by a lawman I want you to drive about a mile out of town there'll be a large black building in front of it will be two quite large scary looking men. Walk to the man and tell him you want to speak to Ivan Dragovich he is my right hand man in the Dark Rider's tell him to show you to my room and there you'll be protected by my men but I doubt anyone will come to look for you at the Dark Rider's clubhouse because it's one of the most dangerous places in the country right now" Joren said honestly wanting her to know the possibilities of what could happen and what to do if it did happen. But he happily rode alongside Isabella's horse.

Eventually after about an hour though it was extremely dark and they had pulled up to a very large black house and he hopped off his horse with ease before walking over to Isabella who was still on her horse and he held his arms out "Just hop off into my arms Izzy I'll make sure you get to the ground safely" he said wanting her to know she was safe as long as he was there.

As they rode away from what had once been her home Isabella questioned what could happened. She looked at him when he spoke of their being no proof. That may have been true but as it stood her Daddy and Erin had the money and names needed to make it happen. She listened closely when he explain what she needed to do if he was taking away. She took all the information in, knowing that she needed it just in case something happened to him. "Would your men break you out?" She asked lightly. She wasn't sure what she do if Joren as taken from her once again. While his men may look out for her, she knew it wouldn't be the same as if he was there. It took an hour for them to get to where they were going. She trusted Joren to know the way, because she surely didn't. It was dark by the time they got there and with not even a moon Isabella wasn't sure where they were. She looked down to were Joren stood next to her horse. He was close enough she could make out his form. Swinging her right leg over her horses neck she faced him. Slipping from her horse into his arms she wrapped her around around him when she felt his body.

Joren waited until they had gotten to the safety of the Dark Rider's club before answering her question but he did easily catch her when she hopped off her horse into his arms. Slowly he stared into her eyes before sitting her safely on the ground and he took her hands in his. "Yes Ivan would take temporary control of the clubhouse while I was incarcerated he would immediately get a group of the best men in our club to start making a plan that would help me escape my cell. Then I would return here and everything would go as normal until our next job came up then we'd leave to go wherever it took us and then after the job was done we'd come back here like always" Joren explained gently with a smile before walking inside the club which was actually quite beautiful on the inside. Inside there was handpainted drawings of Isabella that Joren had done himself something that even Isabella didn't know he could do because he had always been the shy type that hid away his talent. That was until she left and his memory began slightly messing with him and the memory of what she had looked like started to slip from his mind. From that point he began picking up paint supplies and began painting all kinds of pictures of her. Her with him when they were young. There was also a picture he called the 'blue' painting that everyone in the club loved most of all except Joren. The painting was of Isabella's home he had painted Mary and Isabella leaving in a carriage and Joren on the ground crying in his hand was a heart that was breaking slowly. It was breathtakingly beautiful but he hated to look at it because it made him sad.

Ivan met them at the door and he looked down to the beautiful young lady who was holding hands with Joren and knew her immediately from earlier but now he made the connection that this was the legendary woman who was in all of Joren's painting "You're the lady in the pictures" he said knowing she wouldn't know about all the paintings and drawings that Joren had done.

Back
Top Bottom