Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demonizing an Angel *(Silvana | Areawin)

Silennia stared up at the ceiling; glancing over to Keiran and grinning dumbly when he entered the room. "Perfectly fine," she stated casually. "I... stole one of your shirts." A sheepish smile, now, but she still held onto the frame as she stood. "This kind of got knocked over. I--"

She stopped, and slowly directed it to where the light was casting down. It was a painting. Beautiful, really. Not huge, but not small. Another laugh, "Keiran, this--" Again she stopped. Narrowing her eyes at the artwork and slowly setting it down onto the end of the bed before taking a step away from him. Long white hair. Piercing golden eyes. The same lines on his face; the same body structure. She'd been around him so much lately that there was no mistaking it: the model of this painting was Keiran. A portrait of sorts, perhaps?

"Keiran." Her voice was relatively calm, but her heart beat so hard in her chest it made her feel dizzy. "This is dated almost three hundred years ago." She took a slow step backwards, away from him and away from the painting. Her mouth opened to ask him what was going on, but nothing came out. What had she been expecting? Didn't she already admit to herself that he was far from human? Maybe so, but that didn't change the fact that she was now in shock. Her skin turning cold; sapphire eyes looking betrayed as she turned her gaze toward him.

Typically, this out-of-place feeling would make her want to find comfort in Keiran's arms. Not this time. No, now she looked... scared?

"Don't-" He had wanted to stop her. To hide the truth from her... but it was too late.

How could he be so stupid? He couldn't lie his way out of this one, but could he tell her the truth? Meeting her gaze, "Silennia." His voice sounding almost pained at the way she stepped back away from him. The way she looked at him... in fear. He wanted to reach for her, but something told him not to, instead, balling his own hand into a fist and letting it fall slack at his side.

"Don't look at me like that, Silennia."
He couldn't help but hate that fear that had crept into her eyes, and upon second thought, he closed the distance, backing her into a wall so that she could no longer step away from him, slamming his hand against the wall next to her head, "The truth is, Silennia... I feed off of humans. I'm a demon. A incubus." His gaze tore into hers, refusing to let her look away from him, "I devour life, even souls, so that I can extend my own existence. That's what I am, and for four hundred years, I have done just that."

Never once did he release her gaze as he spoke, "But you. You were different. You drew me to you in a way I've never been drawn in before. From the moment I first laid eyes on you, I have wanted you in every way of the word, and you have continuously tested my will. It has taken every fiber of my being to not simply rip the clothes from your body and take you for my own, yet, I haven't. I won't, until you trust me enough to allow it."

Slowly, he lowered his hand that was pressed against the wall, "Don't turn me away, Silennia."

The truth was out. And it terrified her. Gasping and flinching as suddenly she was pushed to the wall; her hands against his chest defensively. She tried looking away from him, but he wasn't having any of it. Forced to look at him, into his eyes, as he spoke. This was all cruel. A punishment she didn't deserve. An incubus? The demon type was familiar, but she couldn't form the thought as to what exactly they were. It was almost hypocritical, the way she was acting. Continued to test his will. Isn't that what he had said? She didn't understand, until he continued.

Normally, such bold words would cause her to feel uncomfortable. However there were other things on her mind. Sapphire hues turning slightly once his hand was no longer next to her head. Although she was no longer forced to stand there, she did so. And finally, after a full minute ticked by, she leaned forward and rested her forehead against his chest.

Don't turn me away, Silennia.

How could she? She adored Keiran. From the day she had met him, being away from the man felt wrong. Even before she had come to know him. He'd saved her countless amounts of times; could have easily tossed her to the side once he figured out that there was something desperately wrong with her. That she might die, and soon. Yet here he was. It was difficult to doubt him when he stood in front of her like this. Slowly, gingerly, her muscles began to relax. Her shoulders sagged bit by bit. Finally taking a small step forward so there wasn't any space between the two at all; body to body.

All of it -- everything that was happening lately -- was enough stress to make her snap. Yet she remained calm there in his arms after he had gotten done speaking. Still terrified, in more ways than one, but pushing the terror aside. Her blood seemed to be fighting itself; half of her wanted to kill Keiran and get as far away from him as possible. The other half wanted to greet him as a long-lost friend. It was ripping her apart.

She couldn't think of anything to say, and just stood there with her face buried against Keiran's chest. His scent and touch soothing her. There was nothing more to be done; everything cleaned aside from the pile of dirty linen in a corner.

Finally, she found her voice. Muffled by his shirt, a child-like "I don't know what to do" came from none other than her. She didn't want to be afraid of Keiran; didn't want to hate him for keeping so much from her. If he fed from others, what had he done during his time with her? Had he killed anyone? The sickly demeanor he carried told her that he was growing weak from doing the exact opposite; possibly starved. No wonder he didn't eat much, if the life force of others was how he attained nutrition.

What am I going to become if I stay like this? At first she thought she had spoken the question aloud, but it stayed in her head; feeling small and inadequate.

--------------------------

Black eyes glittered with triumph. "He finally told her," a low voice cooed. Across the room, a blue-eyed woman stood, glaring at him. "Seems like she'll take after me, after all." The words were like venom.

"Do you feel so little toward your daughter?" the woman hissed.

"Oh, Leghadema, my beautiful feathered goddess." Abigor stood and took a step toward her, but with a swift motion of her hand, he was pinned back to the wall by a seemingly invisible force. He grinned. A wicked-looking feature that made her skin crawl. "I will get what I want."

Amber hues closed as she leaned her head against his chest, burying his face into her hair, wrapping his arms around her, "Don't be afraid of me... I would never hurt you." Words that were sincere as they left his mouth. Feeling her slowly start to relax, Silennia taking that last step forward to close what little distance was left between them. His arms enclosing around her securely.

How desperately he wanted to save her. To preserve this beautiful creature he had stumbled upon. Never had he imagined that this was how things would turn. Slowly inhaling her scent that he had become so familiar with in the last two weeks. Staying at her side as much as he possibly could.

Adriel had been right about him being 'bewitched' by her.

Simply the thought of her running away from him pained him after all of this time, and a bitter laugh sounded from him, his body shaking slightly, "If only you knew what you've done to me." he breathed softly, running his fingers through her hair soothingly... and then, his jaw tightening as that excruciating pain tore through him, his arms growing ever tighter around her, and abruptly, He had scooped her up, moving towards the bed as he tossed her onto it, coming down on top of her as he leaned over her. Pain etched across his face as his form trembled, amber hues meeting blue as flecks of black began to seep through, spreading across the whites of his eyes, so that only the gold was visible still.

He couldn't hold himself back anymore, leaning down as starved lips covered hers, one of his hands curling into her hair. His body positioned so that one of his legs was pushed between her thighs, rubbing against her rather provocatively. Unable to stop himself, golden hues being completely snuffed out as the black took over. Losing himself steadily to the hunger.

Not like this.

He didn't want to take her like this, but it was like observing himself from another room- his body acting on it's own as his mind was helpless to stop it, assaulting Silennia with one kiss after another. Until, suddenly, upon unbuttoning several buttons of the shirt she had borrowed, his eyes once more flashed back to gold, and he rolled off of her, doubling over in agony next to her.

A comforting touch; caressing her hair. How could she have ever been afraid of him? Even when his arms tightened, and she felt the shift in him, she did not try and turn away. Wrapping her legs around his waist upon being lifted as if it were second-nature; meeting his kisses without hesitation. She saw the pain there, carved into his features like stone. A quiet gasp pushing itself from her lips when his leg pushed against her. Her back arched slightly, feeling his fingers brush against her chest as they worked quickly to begin unbuttoning the shirt. And as quickly as it had started, it stopped. He was no longer on top of her, but beside her. Then she remembered.

Incubi used physical contact to feed. Succubi generally couldn't get their nutrition unless taking someone under a spell of seduction; having their way with their prey. An incubus was no more than a male version of the creature, although they were rare. She lay there, breathing heavily with her top unbuttoned. A hunger of her own began gnawing away, spreading up from her thighs and into her stomach. Pulling him with eager fingers so that he was no longer in his pained position and coming to sit on top of his chest as her lips met his with a force she couldn't control. Long, pale fingers slide down to his chest, as if memorizing each tensed muscle beneath the shirt. Her own body yearned for him. It had been for days, particularly upon being interrupted by the crimson-haired man in her apartment.

Her knees locked tightly against Keiran's sides as she pinned him there on his back, coming up for air and looking down on him. There was a note of mischief in her eyes as if it would help lessen his pain. "No interruptions," she cooed. The tip of her index finger running along his jaw and down to his chest. She slid her body backwards until she was sitting on his hips, still using her fingertip and trailing it as she went. Leaning down and pulling a small piece of his shirt between her front teeth and tugging at it before abruptly letting go.

Keiran had curled into a ball, his skin having turned more ash-colored than ever. Veins dark beneath the skin. He HAD to feed. There was no choice in the matter, yet, he was still trying to fight off his own instincts. Trying to hold himself back... but... Silennia made the choice for him. He felt her when she had climbed on top of him, being pulled out of the ball he had curled into, meeting her half-way as she leaned down to kiss him, fingers digging into her hips, that grey color fading away just slightly from his skin with each touch, with each kiss. Laying still on his back as for a moment, Silennia stopped, Closing black-tainted eyes as her finger traced his jaw, slipping down his chest.

Letting her.

Those eyes pitch black once more when they opened, watching her with what could only be described as pure lust. Smirking rather darkly towards her at her words. Indeed, there would no more interruptions. She was his. His for the taking. His fingers firmly snaking around to cup her ass in his hands, giving it a firm squeeze as he pressed his lips to her throat, the tip of his tongue just barely brushing the skin as he kissed it.

Fingers hooking the edge of her pants line as he had made his way up her neck, stealing another deep kiss, pulling her down tighter against him.

Silennia made no move to stop him. Goosebumps slowly rising along every inch of her. His black eyes should have been frightening, but she welcomed them; finding comfort in the fact that he was no longer hiding. She arched and tensed at his touches. Fingers gripping at his shoulders as he pulled her down roughly for another kiss; fist balling into the front of his shirt.

She was unaware that her fingertips were now slowly adorning with claws intead of dull fingernails. Not long, but they were sharp, pretty things. Her own hues flushing into such a deep crimson that they nearly looked purple. Her hair cascaded down and tickled the side of his face, losing any control she once had to stop herself. She was his; he was hers. Hips moving forward as his fingers curled around the lining of her pants, helping him pull one side down to mid-thigh.

Abruptly, she rolled off of him and pulled him tightly against her; hooking a leg over him as if he would turn away. The fact that he needed to feed was no longer anywhere in her mind. No, this wasn't for his health. This was a different matter entirely; one she'd wanted to address deep down since the moment she laid eyes on him. Swimming in those dark eyes of his as her hands slid beneath his shirt and pulled it up over his head.

Her fingertips made fine lines into the flesh of his shoulders, blooming crimson in tiny spots; snaring him into such a brutal kiss that she lost herself in it, biting at his lip playfully and trailing down once more to his throat.

Keiran wanted her now. A low growl sounding from his chest as they flipped, Silennia's back coming to rest against the bed and her leg snaking around him, the incubus not even noticing the lines of beaded crimson that had formed in her wake upon his skin. His hands pulling her pants down so that they were still caught just around her knees before he shifted, violently tearing them the rest of the way off and throwing them across the room into the floor as his lips slipped down her chest, pulling her shirt open further, popping one of the buttons off without a care.

There were more shirts where that one had come from, after all.

Spreading kisses along her collar bone as his hand slid down, opening the shirt the rest of the way, tracing down the smooth skin against her stomach, before stopping just above her panty line. Teasing her somewhat as his index finger snagged the edge, tugging at them before letting the band snap back into place. He had waited patiently for this, after all. He wanted to savor it as much as he could in this state of being.

Black hues peering up towards her from where he had nestled, a devilish smirk ever lingering on his lips at this point.

It was absolute agony, the way he took his time. Eager and slow all at once. She moved with him, at every stroke of his hand; every kiss. She was finding it more and more difficult not to squirm and shiver. The cold air mixed with the heat of their bodies causing abrupt gusts to run along her belly and thighs.

She looked down at those dark eyes. Feeling a drowning sensation in them; pulled in by him with waves of lust and impatience crashing through her. He seemed to have much more patience than she did. Finally wrapping two fingers around his chin and sliding downwards as she pulled him up simultaneously. That smirk of his pushing her to her limits. With the way she was positioned, she couldn't reach below his waist, so instead of attempting to pull down his own pant-line, her fingertips dragged upwards, all the way to his neck.

Forcing him over once more as she sat delicately on top of him and chuckled darkly. The demon blood that flowed within her veins was taking full control now; delving her into a darkness that would have been terrifying, given different circumstances. "So rude," she sighed, and brought his hands up along her sides, then to her back as she bent down and assaulted him with more kisses, allowing his fingers to work on the clip of one of the only two articles of clothing she had left.

Lips met those kisses eagerly, his fingers having snaked up her back when once again they had swapped positions, Silennia having come to straddle him, skilled fingers catching the back of the bra that still securely supported and hid her breasts from him... but not for much longer. Unlatching the hooks and smirking as the bra fell loose, pulling it off by one of the straps. Admiring the sight from where he laid. Now, the only article of clothing that she still wore was the small pair of panties that hugged her lower half.

Anticipation winning over his patience at this point, leaning up to kiss her once more as his fingers finally pulled that last piece of clothing from her succulent body, hands exploring every curve. She was flawless. Breath-taking. A master-piece perched on top of him, and she was all his. Leaning his head up to nip at her tender bosom teasingly, hands sliding up the small of her back, nails just lightly biting into skin when they reached the nape of her neck. His hips pushing up against her.

As if to bring attention to the noticable lump that had grown, pushing against the fabric of his pants. A physical sign of just how eager he was for her.

It was easy for Silennia to forget just how untouched she'd been by any other man. Flawlessly, she aided him in removing those last pieces of clothing. A violent tremble tearing through her spine at the immense cold. As soon as the sensation came, it was replaced by Keiran's warmth. He was burning beneath her. Fire and ice.

She bent her head against his hand and momentarily closed her eyes; kissing his palm before propping herself onto her knees. Strong, steady fingers pulled down the pants he wore, and looked down with a brutal mischievous smile. Had she not been so eager, she would have teased him from there.

Finally removing that last piece from him before coming back to sit rather quietly on his chest, gazing into those dark hues not so much with lust now, but adoration. Long fingers trailed against his jaw, and more long black strands fell down around her face as she leaned down for a kiss. Passionate now instead of eager and heated; her body relaxing at his touches instead of tensing with anticipation.

What was it about him that did this to her? Any girl was terrified the first time getting this close to someone. They trembled and fell around awkwardly, bursting into fits of hysterical giggles. Typically the man would laugh with her and brush it off, trying to make her more comfortable. But there wasn't any way possible for her to be more at ease. Her hand lingering against the side of his neck as she appreciated the feeling of him under her; the way he moved to get more of her.

There was nothing left in between them as finally they were both completely stripped. Hands exploring each other quite thoroughly and kisses spreading from one to the other, affection having slipped into their act where at first it had seemed to only be lust. Keiran's hands being firm, yet gentle with her, hungry kisses turning more loving as he began to calm, slowly sapping energy from her with every touch, whether he intended to or not.

Keiran's hands coming to rest on either side of her legs, those fingers digging into her skin just slightly, black hues sliding slowly over her form in admiration one last time, as if to commit it to his memory... and then, flipping their positions one last time as he came above her, his body positioning itself between her thighs, catching her lips in a deep kiss as he brushed against her, pushing her legs apart a bit wider, ready to join with her.

His pulse quickening in excitement.

She welcomed the sight of him hovering over her. Relished in the fact that she was no longer exposed to the chilly air. Parting her legs freely as one of them came up to wrap halfway around him. Lost in his kisses as she suddenly felt pain -- more annoying than anything; hissing inwardly through her teeth but not pulling away from him. It didn't last long. A minute, perhaps. Then again, she lost track of time the longer they were between the sheets.

It wasn't difficult to completely lose herself with him. Pleasant noises sounding from deep within her chest with each movement of his hips against her own; breathing into his kisses hungrily. Switching twice, so that she was on top of him yet again, before his own dominance began kicking in just to pull her beneath him once more. The beautiful abuse against her body began to wear on her; tiring her out, and she arched her hips up hard to his own one last time.

His name forced its way to her lips, and her nails dug into his back as that slow tension built up to the point of madness until, finally, it burst into relief. She wanted more of him and desperately pulled him as close as she could get him. Ecstasy rolling through her in waves until finally they ceased; her entire body humming as she breathed heavily. Long fingers slowly relaxed their grip from his back. They felt stiff from clenching there so hard for so long. After a minute, her entire body was slack and feeling jello-like.

After what seemed like a eternity of ecstasy between the two of them, reaching the height of the moment, Keiran came to rest against her, his breath tickling against her skin. Feeling her fingers slowly unclench from his back, deep crescents cut in the skin where her nails had dug in, though, the small cuts healing almost instantly.

Already, his skin tone having turned a more warm and healthy shade, those dark shadows beneath his eyes having almost completely vanished. Black retreating as the irises of his eyes shifted once more to their usual gold. Pulling free from her and rolling off to the side as he wrapped his arm around her waist, drawing her against his chest and tugging a blanket over the both of them, pressing affectionate kisses to the nape of her neck.

His body humming with satisfaction, finally sated.

Easily, he could drift off to sleep like this.

-----------------

So the deed was done.

Violet hues flickered towards the hallway where her son had vanished quite some time ago, not needing to venture down it to know what sort of things went on. She could feel it in the air- sense it as Keiran's presence grew stronger. Slipping out the front door and outside. Stepping down the steps as a raven swooped down, landing on her shoulder with a deep-throated cackle that made Vermina's dark-painted lips stretch into a smirk.

"Hello darling." She cooed softly, stroking the bird with her forefinger as she continued walking. Pausing by the angel statue for a moment, glancing towards it. Moss growing on the aged stone, many of the details weathered away. It's face nearly unrecognizable at this point in time. A reminder of how the years had passed.

How long had it been since she had last come out to play?

She could hardly remember. Finding it harder to recall things that at some point had been easy for her. Adriel often occupying her thoughts. A yearning for the crimson angel twisting in her heart and she turned her gaze away from the statue in disgust, a crack riveting through the stone, causing one of it's wings to break off as she walked away, the raven still perched upon her shoulder as she vanished into the woods just outside the manor.

There weren't any words to be said. She scooted close to him as his arm wound around her waist; sighing pleasantly at his kiss to her neck. Silennia adjusted herself so that she was on her side, and her head rested against his shoulder; one arm over his chest while her leg rested just above his knees. Although she'd had enough energy to start slowly killing her, he took so much that now, she was purely exhausted. Eyes having bled back into sapphire as they now blinked sleepily.

She pulled the blanket up to her chin and closed her eyes. Unconsciousness hit her so hard and so quickly, it jerked her awake with a falling-like feeling, only to slowly slide into a slumber once more. The bruises on her back strangely beginning to fade as she slept there next to him, as well as the sickly look that her body had began to adorn. It would take a week or so of healthy eating and moving around to look as she did two weeks ago, but at least it was turning toward a more positive side instead of steadily declining.

---------------

Abigor had sprawled out on his bed. For nearly an hour, a wicked, dangerous grin curved the corners of his mouth. Bedding the strange hybrid girl was the key to saving her, but now, of course, there were other obstacles for her to jump through. He would not help her. If she wasn't strong enough to get through them on her own, then his ultimate goal would be pointless in the end.

The demon was quite amused that Keiran had taken her to his mother, of all people. On the complete opposite side of the world. It was rather adorable how the incubus had become attached to Silennia, when in reality, she could turn on him at any moment. There was no telling, until the change was complete. Her blood warring against itself even as she slept. It was a bit like playing tug-of-war... but which side would win?

He found himself hoping that she would survive through it all. He had no other living children; none growing in a womb. Silennia was the masterpiece that finally completed the collection he'd spent his entire life on. As he found himself wishing for her survival, the thought of what she would do in the days to come troubled him. For a day, perhaps two at the most, all would be calm. As if nothing had ever been wrong with the girl.

And then, literally, all Hell would break loose. One side choosing over the other, or death. It was the only two options. Every educated demon knew that there were not any equally-balanced hybrids. Yet even if her body rejected the demon blood within her, he would still be in the game. The first tep was complete, but how many could she survive?

The manor fell into silence as the incubus slept, curled against Silennia. The pair left in peace. Vermina not returning until nearly sunrise, and when she did, she slipped back inside, vibrant and full of life. Having preyed upon those unfortunate enough to be wandering the woods. A common practice that the succubus had taken up over the last few years in order to keep her appetite tamed and at bay. Such activities occurring even more frequently since Adriel had escaped.

Entering the main hall, she departed for her personal room on the second floor of the manor. Not bothering to disturb Keiran as she vanished inside, the candles lighting the halls flickering out one by one, leaving only the dim electrical lighting to light the way in the more dim areas where windows were lacking, should Keiran or Silennia wake.

----------------------

On the opposite side of the world, where Keiran had left her, Mina had been sleeping. For nearly two entire days, since his departure. Not moving from the couch inside of Damien's office not even once since she'd laid down. Her breath steady and calm, and no sign of physical distress. Yet, she didn't wake. Her closed eyelids fluttering. The occasional dream coming and going, but they had turned dark. Tainted memories shifting into what could only be a nightmare. As if she was watching herself from another room through a haze.

In the darkness, she could see two figures. One thrashing against the hands that tried to restrain her- tried to protect her. A chilling realization rippling through her as slowly she understood that she was looking at herself.

That was her, screaming and fighting. Flinging the faceless figure that restrained her off and coming down on top of it, sinking her hand into it's chest to kill, Black eyes turning towards where she lingered, meeting Crimson with a twisted smile-

The dream suddenly shifting so that Mina had traded places with her black-eyed self, coming to find her own hand embedded into flesh, crimson hues turning as the figure's face became more clear, drawing back in near horror as it changed into Keiran. Blood covering her hands. Scrambling backwards away from him as her head turned, hearing a hiss of pain and seeing the other version of herself in the dream just as she snapped someone's wrist, desperate to reach a single goal.

Drawing Mina's gaze towards where a door was... where yet another figure stood... but this one, as Mina stood up, slowly walking across the room, following herself, became as clear as day as she stepped by the figure who called her name, who her dark twin had hurt, "Mina-!" That voice huantingly familiar, but it rung unrecognized in Mina's dream. The blackened edges of the dream retracting as it revealed a beautiful man standing there with long dark hair, a sensation of fear creeping through her as for a second, as her gaze met his-

Crimson hues snapping open as she woke in a cold sweat, her body sitting up sharply. The dream still clear enough in her mind that for a moment, she could still see that man standing there, then, he was gone, that dark dream retreating to be forgotten- yet, it burned clear in her mind. That man- the same one from the drawing that she'd glimpsed from over Damien's shoulder.

Had it been just a dream?

A memory?

Her heart was racing, looking around the office she relaxed slowly as she took comfort in remembering where she was.

----------------------------------------------

From a distance, Adriel had lingered. Keeping watch over Mina even though he had yet to approach her in person. Keeping a low-profile and for the most part, staying out of sight. Things weren't looking good, sensing as clear as day the distress that his child was steadily slipping into as the after-effects of her run in with Abigor began to set into place. He had hoped that she would forget-

But now, he could see it had been a foolish thought.

All around, the first signs of a busy day were beginning to shift into motion, humans running back and forth, some going to work, some going home. In a city this big, it was rare for it to even completely come to a halt, but with daylight beginning to spill over the city slowly as morning settled in, it certainly had picked up it's pace.

The angel having settled on a roof top, crimson wings folded around him, but now that the light was spilling over the eastern horizon, they fluttered, carrying Adriel down towards the ground without being seen, folding down against his back and vanishing from sight completely before anyone happened to look his way. He'd observed for long enough. Heading towards the building where Mina had failed to come out several days ago.

Silennia slept soundly. She didn't stir a single time as the night went on; then into the morning hours. Even then, she woke only once to sleepily pull the covers higher. The incubus had done a number on her body; a cozy relaxation settling into her bones. For a little while, she lay there and simply watched him with half-lidded eyes. Taking note of the rise and fall of his chest, and any line in his skin where a muscle shaped him further. The large house was eerily quiet. She was used to both sleeping and waking to the busy noises of the outside city, but here, there weren't even birds. An occasional caw from a pesky crow, but that was it. There was no hum of a heater or fan; no rumble of water going through pipes. It was unsettling and perfect at the same time. Reluctantly, she fell back asleep, simply because her body felt weak and uncharged. Deciding to find the rhythm of Keiran's heart to focus on in order to have some form of steady sound.

------------

Damien had fallen asleep with his papers sprawled out on the table. Typically the club was open every night of the week, but he wasn't having any of it. Not for a few days, at least. Especially not with Mina sleeping in his office. He brought in a blanket for her on the first night, but it wasn't until the next day when he became visibly worried. Had Abigor really done that much damage? Surely a succubus didn't act like this on a normal occasion. Though, he had no idea, in truth. He debated on contacting Keiran multiple times, but in the end he never did; allowing her just to sleep.

He had cracked the door to his office open as he did yet more extensive research. There were books about him, papers scattered, and a notepad filled halfway through already. Out of the corner of his eye he saw crimson flash upwards, and upon turning his head, saw that she was sitting up on the couch. A tiny smile forming on his lips, but he didn't move from his spot to approach her. Anything on Abigor had already been put away, so there was nothing to hide from her. Although he did look completely exhausted and disheveled.

The hair on the back of his neck prickling upwards as he felt a rather powerful presence making its way closer to where they were at.

Mina closed her eyes, seeking to clear her mind of that dream, taking a single slow breath, her heart calming it's wild thumping slowly. How long had she been asleep? She felt disoriented, looking towards Damien as she realized he was sitting nearby. Offering him a feeble smile. Still rather disturbed by the dream that she'd woken from, shifting her weight and setting her feet down on the floor, "Hello..." She mumbled, yawning slowly, rubbing the sleep away from her eyes, taking in his exhausted appearance, "You look awful."

In the short time she'd known Damien, she'd never seen him look so tired, seeing the papers and books scattered about the office. Ah, so he'd been busy in the time she'd been sleeping, it seemed.

Standing up, she wrapped the blanket around her shoulders, walking over, though, as she did, she ended up stopping in her tracks as she too came to sense that approaching presence, her eyes widening a little, "It's can't be-" Turning on her heel as she peered out the office door, "How long have I been out?" She questioned, looking back towards him. Surely she'd only been sleeping for a few hours. A day at the most, even.

Pushing the door open wider as she stared towards the entrances in the club in anticipation. The door at the back of the building cracking open after a moment, and a delighted gasp tore from her, "Daddy?!" Without another look to Damien, she'd descended down the stairs in excitement, smiling as Adriel came into plain sight, running to him, "Daddy!"

A small gentle smile for the girl touching Adriel's face. He could sense a second presence in the building, his gaze flickering towards the direction that Mina had come from as the girl smacked against his chest, throwing her arms around him in a tight hug before stepping back, "Why are you here? Where have you been?" Mina pelting him with questions until he shook his head, "We'll talk about that later, my little one..."

So her memory indeed was lacking.

It would explain why she hadn't searched for him sooner, but he had intentionally kept his distance, knowing very well that she would need to feed extensively. It perhaps was for the best...

"Who's your friend?"

Blinking, Mina glanced over her shoulder, "Oh, that's Damien. This is his territory." She chirped out, having temporarily forgotten the troubles that had filled her thoughts just moments ago upon waking.

Damien didn't answer her as to how long she'd been sleeping. Not with that presence slowly becoming closer. It set him on edge, but he was rather familiar with it, as much as he didn't want to be. His suspicions confirmed as Mina threw her arms around the massive crimson-haired man that she held so many similarities to. Offering only a tight-lipped smile once he'd stepped out from his office finally and saw Adriel hovering near the back entrance, being barraged by Mina and her questions.

Perhaps the angel would offer some insight to the girl. She was not Damien's responsibility, and only out of kindness did he watch over her during her slumber. However, why was the angel here? To cause trouble, or just check in on his daughter? He had better things to do than stand here, feeling as though he needed to protect himself unless the angel said otherwise. By now there was no telling if Silennia was even still alive. She hadn't contacted anyone since abruptly saying that she and Keiran were leaving for a few days. Where had they even gone?

It was all infuriating.

------------

Abigor was wandering the streets in a larger part of the city, a thirty minute drive or so from the area where Silennia lived and Damien's club was stationed. He was feeling rather bored. People seemed to walk directly through him, and as they did, his steps didn't falter. Not needing anyone to see him moving around. Things hadn't changed too terribly much since siring Silennia; technology was perhaps a bit more advanced, girls dressed in shorter clothing that revealed more. Then again, humans never did seem to change.

He found himself chuckling at posters on music shop windows, adorned with what was commonly seen as Satanic symbols and markings. Child's play, is all it was. Mortals seemed to appreciate the thought of rebellion against a god; washed themselves in their foolishness. It was pathetic.

As if sensing Damien's unease, Adriel smirked just a little, "You know, despite my reputation, I rarely bite without reason... though..." Without warning, he'd closed that distance from the ground floor, appearing just in front of the demon, practically flying up the stairs. His actions seeming aggressive, though, there was a bit of playfulness on the angel's face that was reminiscent of Mina's own mischievous behavior as he came to a halt, "Thank you for keeping a eye on Mina. She's very important to me." Crimson hues seemed to study Damien for a moment, before he backed off a bit, Mina having moved to the bottom of the stairs, "Daddy, you'll scare him acting like that!"

"Oh?" He glanced back over his shoulder, seeming rather amused as Mina seemed to come to Damien's rescue, "Do you like this one?"

The succubus blinking at the question and then flushing a little, "O, Of course not! Well, maybe a little..." Frowning as she crossed her arms, "That's not the point!"

Damien didn't flinch as Adriel came up the stairs; a blur of red and alabaster. His eyes narrowed, however, and a low snarl had just begun to form deep within his chest until Adriel spoke. He held is ground even as the angel stepped away; dark eyes flickering to Mina with a rather confused look. "I don't have time for this," he snapped. Really, he didn't. "If you're here, maybe you'll be willing to help." Another look shot toward Mina, as if she could convince her father to aid him.

"The girl," he began, "the one Keiran is with." He was now moving over to the table where he had been working. "If she isn't dead already, that means she completed some kind of first stage. It's... an evolution, almost. She hits a certain age and she begins a change. A bit like puberty, but for demons." He was speaking quickly, unsure if he was even making any sense. It was obvious how tired he was. However, he made a promise to that woman over twenty years ago, and he wasn't about to back out on it now. "She's Abigor's child. His only living heir." Damien pulled out a book and flipped it open to a page before setting it down for the other two to see; art of a gruesome war being depicted there.

On the left side, there was a black figure. Shadowed out mostly, but Damien knew precisely who it was: Abigor. On the right side there was a woman with blonde hair. Her figure was clouded out by white. Dark and light depicted at its finest. He paused, then. What did he expect to learn from Adriel? He had no specific question to ask. Nothing to go on aside from the fact that Silennia would be in danger unless she completed these certain steps; steps only Abigor supposedly knew. How many were there? Three, four, five..?

"Honestly Damien," a voice rang out from behind Mina, "You're asking a fallen angel?" A woman, tall and blonde with beautiful sapphire eyes. She was sleek and wore leggings and a sweater, but something flickered over her shoulders before disappearing. Strangely enough, she carried a gun. "Have to be ready for all sorts of things 'round these parts nowaday. You're slacking." Her accent sounded strange; a mix between Yorkshire and Australian.

The woman threw the gun down onto the table and removed three knives, feeling the tension in the air.

"Leghadema," Damien murmured. Obvious shock there in his eyes. "What--?"

Adriel's interest peaked almost instantly, "You mean Silennia." He commented, already knowing of the girl, following Damien into the office while Mina tagged along, pausing in the door way as the two men talked, crossing her arms across her chest. The angel listening intently, his gaze shifting over the book, "I'm afraid I wouldn't know anything useful. The few of Abigor's spawns I've seen, didn't last long enough to even learn anything about them." He remarked, "Not to mention, it was never a interest to me at the time. We all have our own business to attend to, after all."

Despite his lack of knowledge on the subject, however, there was no denying that his interest had been caught. Abigor had shifted Adriel's priorities whether it had been intended or not. Cleaning up the mess he'd caused with Mina was going to be a chore in itself, and already the angel resented the demon for it. Keeping Mina safe had always been difficult, considering the girl's tendency to flock towards danger.

By the door, Mina jumped when a new voice sounded behind her, turning quickly as she stepped back, entering the office fully to let the stranger pass through. Staring at her as she tried to place what was so familiar about the woman. Looking towards Damien and Adriel with a questioning expression upon her face.

"We fallen can be quite knowledgeable at times, though I will admit to being unhelpful in this subject." Adriel's voice had retorted, eying the female that had entered, seeming fascinated with her, already having a suspicion as to what- and who, she was. Those eyes too familiar to be a mere coincidence.

"You fallen can be a nuisance." It was obvious by her tone that she was mostly teasing him, and nodded down toward the book that Damien held open. "The start of it all."

This caused the demon to look even more confused. "This was..." a glance down at the paper. "Almost three hundred years ago." A blunt statement.

She nodded, looking almost remorseful. "Time passes here differently than it does in other places. You know that. Valkyrie pregnancies are... complicated." She stressed the word and tapped the page with the tip of a knife. "When someone gets their hands on us, you know what happens."

In fact he did. The rumors were true about these creatures; their true weakness being the fact that they had to grant three wishes. Similar to genies, yet completely different. There were no rules when it came to Valkyrie wishes, aside from the rules they set for themselves. "Abigor wanted a child," she murmured, and used the tip of the knife to turn the page. Again, that dark, shadowy figure was there, but now it was in a sitting-position near a lake. A single swan was in the water, causing the woman to smile just slightly. "We're taught not to get attached to them. But there isn't a mother in the world that feels that way. Even if it's after years, they think back. Silennia was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do."

That confirmed it, then. Leghadema was, in fact, Silennia's mother. Siring her was Abigor.

"At any rate," she continued, "she's alive. Completed Abigor's first... trial." The last word was spat, and she turned slightly to look appreciatively up at Adriel. "I wouldn't mind running a blade through your ribs at all, hm?"

The last thing Damien wanted was any sort of fight within this small, enclosed space. Valkyries were naturally gentle and caring creatures, but certain things could harden them and make them cold. Even cast them out. Something as brutal as having to give away her child, then watch slowly as that child suffered and stayed on the brink of death... that was something not to be taken lightly.

Her bright blue eyes seemed far away as she looked at that picture. "I visited him, a few days back." A pause before, finally, she sat down. "After specifically being instructed not to. I'm on... what is it? Probation? I have to wait until all of this has passed." White wings fluttering from her back suddenly, only to adjust and refold themselves to where they weren't visible. There was a hard edge to her that Damien had never seen on one of the creatures before. Specifically her. She was known for pitying the weak and helping anyone in need. Seeing this... rough, almost brutal side of her, was something he hadn't been expecting at all.

"Why does Abigor care so much about her?" Damien finally asked.

Blue eyes darkened considerably before looking up sharply. Her jaw clenched and her fingernails dug into her palms. Overall tensing and looking deadly. "You truly do not want to know the answer to that."

A smirk curved at Adriel's lips at her words. Feisty thing, wasn't she? Though, he held his tongue, laughing softly, though, those crimson hues never once turned off of her. Almost forgetting that Mina was still there until she had walked over, sitting down on the couch as everyone continued to talk, seeming to be rather bored with the entire situation. The red angel lurking near as finally, he shifted his gaze from Leghadema and back to the book as she turned the page.

Lifting a brow when Leghadema randomly threatened him in the middle of her explanation. Unable to help himself as he found himself drawn to her, her threat only making that lingering smirk widen into a full-out grin, "I'd like to see you try." He purred back, attempting to behave himself, though, such efforts were quickly crumbling. Valkyries were a rare find, after all, and as those white wings showed themselves, he looked towards them almost longingly until abruptly, a hand tugged on his arm, Mina having gotten up, noticing how her father's gaze had fixated upon them, giving a firm shake of her head.

She knew him too well, after all.

The wings gone from sight by time he turned his gaze back towards Leghadema. How long had it been since he'd last laid eyes upon such beautiful white wings? His thoughts clearing in time to turn back towards the conversation at hand. Seeing how the Valkyrie reacted to Damien's question.

The woman could feel his gaze on her wings, but by the time she'd looked at him, Mina was already pulling at his arm. Curious creatures, fallen angels. Adriel made them the third she'd ever met, though he was certainly the strangest of circumstances.

"The thing is," Damien started again, "there might be a way for Silennia to live through this." He paused only because Leghadema visibly tensed once more. She looked deadly and dangerous like this. It was beautiful on her, but foreign and wrong. "There might be a way for her to get through it without Abigor getting what he wants. I need to know what it is."

Now she looked uncomfortable. He wanted to warn the other two in the room that Valkyries were rather... emotional, but doing so in front of her would set her on edge even further. Sapphire eyes turned a bit glassy as she looked purposefully away; tears threatening to drop down onto pale flesh. She forced a small laugh, "It's incredible, what he wants," she stated. Fidgeting now. Obviously trying to find some outlet to avoid the question. She was very aware at the fact that Mina was Keiran's sister; the same man that bed Silennia the previous night. The reason she was alive.

Yet if she stated out loud the demon's plans, and it got back to Keiran or Silennia, it might push him to kill his heir. He did not care about her; just what he wanted from her. She was replaceable, even if it took centuries more. No, she couldn't allow that to happen. There had to be a way to tell him without giving it away directly; to fool Mina and perhaps even the fallen angel as to what Abigor's true intentions were.

More fidgeting. She got up and moved around the smallish space, thinking. If she couldn't fool Adriel, she prayed she at least could fool his daughter. Her fingers slid across various pages until there was another one of a lake with swans; ugly, grey miniature versions of them running around. "Ducklings," she said. "Aren't they precious? I suppose it depends on what kind they are." To any human, she would appear erratic and possibly insane. Rambling about, quick subject changes, random threats during her conversation. "Some of them yellow and fluffy. Others grey and matted." Sharp eyes flickered to Damien. She was facing away from Adriel and Mina.

His confusion showed that he didn't understand.

Pale lips parted to speak, but suddenly, realization came across his face. And slowly, he sat down. Not speaking. Just looking at his desk. "Yes," he replied. "I suppose they are."

Back
Top Bottom