Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High-School Reunionv2 (Myself,rokrboi)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Annie Bennett Climbed out of her car flipped her hair away from her shoulders, re-glossed her lips then walked toward the entrance that would lead to the lobby of the hotel where the reunion was being held. She knew it'd only been ten years but she was still very nervous, she had just finished medical school the following year so she was Doctor Annie Bennett. Signing in she picked up a name tag then walked into the grand dining hall/ball room, grabbed a cup of punch then sat down at a table in the corner. She looked around the room, really didn't see anyone she really remembered, it was nice that she wasn't on call because she would hate to have to run out when she was actually just kind of trying to reconnect with what her life was like before she left for college.

Ricky Kimmel had gone through a lot since high school. He had worked a steady job at an autoshop before his boss had died and the shop was shut down. After that, he and his band decided to begin touring the area and made a name for themselves before playing at Ozzfest. Ricky decided to come to his reunion to hang out with a lot of old friends and enemies. He guessed it'd be a kick to the faces of the jocks. He was always the easy going, calm musician who got beat up by the jocks and turned down by his crushes. He signed in and found a seat, next to his crush back then, Annie Bennett. He turned to her. "Annie, hey! I heard what happened...I'm uh, very...sorry.", he told her.

'' Don't worry about it.. I guess everybody knows.. It's amazing what people find out about you when your not around, my mom was more then likely the person to blab. '' Annie sipped her punch, sighed she'd been trying to forget what had happened but it wasn't easy to forget. She'd always wanted to be a mother, she hadn't tried recently but still she was still torn by her 1st attempt failing. '' Anyways.. So I read about you in one of the magazines.. Can't remember which one though. '' She said as she smiled, placed a strand of hair behind her ear she'd always liked Ricky but when your a straight A student who just happens to be a little popular you kind of hide things.

Ricky felt bad about bringing it up, but he always was bad at small talk. He smiled at the mention of his interview in the magazine. "It was Kerrang, and if you bought the magazine you gave half of your money to cancer research. Yeah, it was an alright interview but she was kind of pushy.", he said. "How's work going?", he asked. He had heard she was a nurse or doctor or something else now. He smiled and waved at one of the guys coming in. It was Jackson, the reason he had been coughing up blood for weeks at a time. Also, Jackson was Annie's boyfriend back then.

'' It's going good.. I work with children so it helps. Pediatrics is a great place to work, I'm not on call tonight which is nice. This is kind of my vacation.'' Annie said as she watched Jackson walk in she gulped, chewed on her lower lip. She suddenly got the feeling that it was going to be a very awkward night, she sighed as she waved at Jackson motioning for him to join them. The blonde didn't really know how Jackson would react to her being back in town since their breakup hadn't been the greatest in the book of breakups, to be honest she'd actually forgotten why they had broken up but she'd cried for weeks after she left for college then their was her failed marriage. She was a walking relationship cliche, had really tried to bury so much of her past that most of it was already starting to haunt her.

Ricky didn't like that she signaled for Jackson to join them. He still had the scar from when Jackson had stabbed him. Was she just being nice to Jackson of did she want Ricky to relive all of those painful memories of embarrassment and getting beat to a pulp? He stood up. "I uh, I need a drink...want anything?", he asked skittishly and nervously, trying to avoid Jackson.

'' Yeah a glass of wine would be great. White Please..'' Annie said as she chewed on her lip, had actually forgotten how mean Jackson was to Ricky. She tried to block out all the bad things, wanted this to be a good night. '' Jackson.. Hey. How's it going? '' The blonde asked as she looked him over, smiled a little he still looked amazing even after ten years. She had expected him to have a beer gut, a wife but he didn't have a ring on his finger. When she read the article about Ricky she had noticed he didn't mention anyone, it was none of her business so she would leave that alone.

Ricky ran off without a word to the bar. His hands were shaking from both anger and nerves. He got a rum and coke for himself and the white wine that Annie had asked for before returning to the table where she sat talking to Jackson. As he handed her the wine, his last girlfriend's words echoed in his head. That horrible thought that he'd never find love. He sat down and sipped on his drink quietly.

Annie took her wine, sipped it with a smile as she talked with Jackson, then something her ex husband had said echoed inside her head. '' Not a whole lot of people here..Thank you for the wine though.'' The blonde said as she sipped it, set it down on the table reaching into her purse to check her phone just in case she was called in for an emergency. She put it back in her purse, sighed as she watched A few more people walk in, walk right past the table as if she'd suddenly become invisible.

Ricky zoned out for a while and when he came to his senses, his hand was gripping Annie's thigh. He was squeezing her so tightly, he was afraid she might scream. Jackson had walked off somewhere and Ricky heard a familiar song. He looked around and people were dancing and laughing with each other. He let go off Annie's leg and looked at her. "Sorry...I...", his voice trailed off. He suddenly remembered the song. "Linger by The Cranberries. Prom of '98, was it? I asked you to dance and you rejected me.", he said.

'' Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't really feeling good that night, Jackson forced me to go. So yeah I was kind of a bitch, I'll dance with you now if you'd like.'' Annie said as she downed the rest of her wine, smiled she would be okay as long as she didn't drink to much. She hoped he wanted to dance cause she was being honest with him but she felt really bad about rejecting him, she figured after they danced they could grab something to eat from the buffet the hotel had provided for the event.

"Sure, uh...let's dance.", he said to her and led her to the dance floor with a smirk. He wrapped his arms around her and slowly swayed her back and forth. "You know, I wish we were like this in high school. If we were together, I wouldn't have ever met Kate.", he said, holding her closer.

'' If we had been together.. I would have never married, lost a baby.'' Annie said as she laid her head on his shoulder, smiled. She was glad they were dancing, she would have changed everything back then to be with him. Her brain wasn't what made her popular her parent's money was, she figured that out when she left for college. She felt like she could be herself around Ricky, she was glad she was finally able to dance with him. No one could stop her from perusing a relationship with him, she could certainly afford to settle down with her career.

Ricky smiled at her and danced on with her. "Hey, we all make mistakes, don't we?", he asked her, although not really expecting an answer. He kissed her forehead as they danced and smiled at her, lovingly. Ricky always had that warm, loving side to him that a lot of people never got to experience, especially Annie.

'' Yeah, when my marriage failed I made a promise to myself. But I'm willing to break that promise, well.'' Annie cut herself off before she could finish, lifted her head from his shoulder then pressed her lips against his. She was ready to move on, if being with Ricky was part of moving on then her life would finally feel complete again. This was her chance to let him know that she'd always liked him, even though she'd had a couple of failed relationships she secretly wanted to be with him.

Ricky closed his eyes as they kissed, enjoying every ongoing second of it. He felt his heart jump for joy. His biggest crush had finally given him a chance to show her how a real man should treat a woman. He was ecstatic about it. "I uh...I'm kinda hungry. Wanna go back to my place? I cook a hell of a chicken soup.", he said on her lips. To be honest, he was falling for her all over and over again. He smiled and kissed her back.

'' Sounds like a good plan.'' Annie said as she smiled, she would follow him cause well she didn't really wanna leave her car in the hotel parking lot. She was falling for him all over again, she remembered the 1st time she laid eyes on him as if it had been yesterday. This would be the 1st time she'd felt anything since her divorce, she loved chicken soup. '' I'll follow you cause I don't really wanna leave my car behind. '' She said as she picked up her purse, smiled swinging it over her shoulder so it laid against her side.

Ricky smirked as he grabbed his jacket and put it on. "Okay. Come on, let's go.", he said softly. He walked her out to her car and then got in his red and white '57 Chevy Bel Air. After 15 minutes, they were at his place. He led her in and let her sit on his sofa. He disappeared into the kitchen and later returns with two bowls of soup. He gave her a bowl and set his down to take his jacket and dress shirt off, revealing a wifebeater shirt.

Annie started to eat her soup, watched him take off his dess shirt. She smiled, slid off her shoes then tucked her feet up under her body then continued to eat her soup. " This is really good, I'm sure you feel better without the dress shirt." The blonde said as she smiled, finished her soup rather quickly then set the empty bowl down. She was sure the party celebrating their reunion would go on as long as people were there, she was very happy that Ricky had invited her to his place.

Ricky smiled at her and took off his wifebeater, revealing his scarred up back and a tattoo on his shoulder. He began to eat his soup and nodded at her. His blue eyes looked to her and winked at her flirtingly. He set the bowl aside, finished. He sat down on the sofa and smiled, thinking about something. "Girls at the concerts scream when my shirt comes off.", he said.

'' I'm not those girls but I like what I see. I'm so sorry Jackson hurt you.'' Annie said moving closer to him as she placed her hand against his chest, kissed him again. She'd liked the kiss they'd shared while they were dancing, she wanted it to spend the entire night in his arms. When she left for college she felt like she was leaving so much behind, while in college she met someone but things obviously didn't last. She thought it was because she'd lost the baby but she'd discovered her husband at the time had been cheating on her with one of his professor's, they divorced just before graduation. Now she was back home for a little while, wanted to rekindle something she should have had all along.

He paused For a moment after her kiss, savoring the taste of her lips on his. "You mean my scars? They're not all from him. After losing my job, I took up a lot of odd jobs. Since my girl left me, I was depressed and didn't really care about myself so I did a little bit of backyard wrestling. I made some good money, but Came home bloody and exhausted every night. I finally decided to quit and start touring with the band.", he paused before kissing her. "I've missed you," he said, "so much."

" oh okay." Annie said as she smiled a little, rubbed his chest with her hands. She smiled even more when he said he missed her, she was glad she had come back for her reunion. Of all the things that had gone wrong since she left her career, Ricky seemed to be the only to good things. She planned on making up for lost time, was so glad they had left the party cause well she wasn't a heavy drinker nor did she see many people she remembered. Besides this was her chance to finally make things right, be with the man she should have been with all along.

Ricky smiled an ran his hands through her long hair. "You're so beautiful. I just never did understand why you loved Jackson and not me. What did he have that I didn't?", he asked slowly, trying not to sound arrogant. "Was I just not good enough for you?", he asked in the same exact tone. He was upset for so many years because she didn't appear to love him.

'' I really don't know what I saw in him. But instead of focusing on the past let's focus on the now. I'm here, until I go back to work I'm all yours.'' Annie said as she kissed him again, smiled she hated the fact that she lived two hours away from her home town but she was thinking about putting in a transfer because she'd heard that one of the Pediatricians had taken maternity leave, would be gone for at least six months to a year depending. She missed her parents, she missed the small town she'd grown up in the city was to much for her.

Back
Top Bottom