Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Effect of Memories (MisaLaVan & Russian Vodka)

Russian Vodka

Supernova
He remembered it clearly. Every single day that she'd been in the forrest, ever since the night she got lost. Even though most said they lost all memory when they shifted back to human, he could somehow remember everything. It left him weird, and strange, even in his own pack. They lived on the outskirts of town, allowing them close escape to the forrest whenever it was time to shift. Though some had learned to control it, among his family, and he could shift when he wanted to. It was how they'd met. He was a pup at the time, and he heard her crying in the forrest, the little girl about his own age, lost and confused. He'd stayed with her, until she was found, then he'd left. She was safe. That was what he felt was meant to happen, he had to protect her, so when she came back to the forrest while he was shifted, he could find her, and he spent many happy days with her, hours of playing around. Even as she grew older, she kept coming back, and he grew up as well. Playing with her in his wolf shape, he knew there'd be one day where she'd fail to show, but that had yet to happen.

Though on the other side, when he wasn't shifted, Damian was a quiet kid. He had a rough exterior, slim, his hair always messy and ruffled up, he wore faded jeans, slightly ripped some days, large t-shirts. Everything seemed handed down from his older brother, except his shoes, those were his own completely. Hell, even the backpack he used to his books was handed down. Patched together a multiple amount of times. But he didn't care, even if he didn't have many friends, he still kept being himself. And at 6'2 height, he was also pretty average at school. He kept to himself, though the teachers were proud of him, he got good grades, always in the top ten of the class. Some would call him a nerd, others would just mock him randomly with his looks. But he didn't care. He got to see her. Every single day, even if she didn't know who he really was. And that was what mattered to him, seeing her at school or in the forrest.

One could say he had a crush on her, but that day, he deliberately sat behind her in class, unpacking for the first lessons of the day. He wore the usual handed down clothes, a very old Led Zeppelin shirt, ruffled hair and a pair of somewhat tired greyish eyes. He hadn't slept much the previous night, new thoughts had entered his mind, thoughts about her. The girl from the woods, he knew her name, but he always seemed to forget it when he woke up in the morning. He had thought about approaching her, telling her about himself. Telling her that she already knew him. Tell her that he wanted to get to know her better. To kiss her. He stopped himself there, that was too fast, hell, he hadn't even pulled himself together to talk to her properly yet. A sigh escaped his lips as he laid his head down lazily on the table, there was a long way for him to go yet.

Holly walked down the hall of the school. She was a cheerful person, friendly and very sweet. She loved to make friends and as far as she knew everyone liked her. She had lot of friends, but her best friend was her wolf. Her lovely little wolf who had saved her life. She spent every day in the forrest playing with him, talking to him and telling him things she wouldn't never tell anyone else. There had been something about that small wolf pup that made her always come back. She wouldn't dare miss a day of seeing him. She was tiny for her age, standing at only 5'2. She had covers, she wasn't fat or skinny she was just the right size. Her dirt blond hair was pulled into a high ponytail and her blue eyes took in everything around her.

Walking into class she couldn't help but smile at the boy sat in the seat behind her. She had seen him around school, but they have never spoke. She made her way to her normal seat and sat down. She looked him for a moment as he laid with his head on the desk. "You look tired..." Her voice was soft and gentle. It has a song like tone to it, that made it sound like she was singing when ever she spoke. Her blue eyes locked on him as she waited for a reply.

Hearing the voice from in front of him, Damian felt his head lifting, a blush on his face and a clueless expression. Was she talking to him? He felt compelled to look around, but stopped himself as he gave a light nod, fighting back the urge to yawn. "I didn't sleep much last night." He said, his voice sounding a bit rash, shaky and he was definitely nervous as his gaze averted to one side, worried that if he looked her in the eyes he'd mess up completely. He felt his hands begin to fiddle idly with the books, wondering if he should say something more, or if he should let it slip.

Her eyes didn't seem to move from him at first, then he leant back in the chair, looking towards the windows. "It looks like it's going to rain today." He mused out loud, not really thinking. He'd still show up as a wolf to this girl, to listen to Holly every day, like he had since the day 7 years ago when they'd first met in the forrest. It was only a few days when she'd been bedstruck by sickness that she hadn't made it to the forrest, but otherwise he'd seen her and talked with her every day, or well, she'd talked to him.

Holly nodded when he spoke of how he was tired. She watched him as he sat back and looked out the window. Her eyes followed his and she took in the clouds. "I hope it doesn't" The rain wouldn't stop her from seeing her wolf, but she would hate for him to be cold and wet. Her eyes turned back to the boy and she smiled a bit. "If you want to take a nap I'll wake you before class starts" She offered him. They still had a good bit of time before class started.She couldn't help but study the boy before her, taking in his face and body. She had the thought he was pretty cute, and that made her blush. She had never had a boyfriend, no one had felt like the right one. She wanted the right one, she knew he was out there

Hearing her words in resposne to his musing, Damian felt a bit nervous. He looked back to her, her words catching him by surprise as well as her eyes, the blue orbs causing him to blush some. "That would be nice, thanks." He said, moving to lie down on top of his books, using them as a pillow. He fell asleep quickly, though it was only lightly, class wasn't far off and he knew he couldn't afford to sleep through it.

And when class begun, he knew she'd wake him up, she was the kind of girl, at least from his memory, who kept her promises. She always came back to see him when she said she would. And he'd be woken up and class could begin, one of those where he didn't learn much new, but he still triumphed with himself, answering some of the harder questions correctly on the first try when they were asked.

She gave him a smile and watched as he lied down his head. She hummed a little to him, much like she did for her wolf. She simply watched the sky as she waited for class to begin. When class started she woke him up. She felt stupid as she listened to the teacher speak. She hadn't asked his name or offered him her. Her eyes snapped up when the teach spoke, telling them they had a project that had to be done in pairs. She turned as fast as she could. "Would you like to be my partner?" She asked with a big smile. She had friends in this class and knew they would be upset with her. But she didn't care, she wanted to be his partner, to get to know him and maybe make a new friend.

Damian was surprised when they had a project to be done in pairs. He'd never done anything like it before and it made him a bit worried. For the few seconds before he found himself looking into a big smile and a sweet face. He felt the reaction to push back hard on the table, but he fought it off as he gave a quick nod. "S-sure." He said, looking around, feeling a few angry gazes on him. Obviously her friends had hoped to be picked over him. "If it's alright with you, I don't mean to take you away from your friends." He was obviously not interested in pushing her onto him, forcing her to be grouped with him. But he wouldn't mind the opportunity as she was pretty much the first one to talk normally with him from the class.

Holly's smile turned happy when he agreed to work with her. Though soon it fell a little bit. She looked around at her friends, who acted as if they hadn't done anything. She twisted her hands together and looked down. "If you don't want to work with me then we don't need to work together" She offered him a small smile. "I just ... I'm sorry" She felt hurt and embarrass. She hadn't meant to put him on the spot, she had only hoped to make friends. "I thought it be nice to work together, to be friends" She turned around in her seat, leaving it up to him to say if he did want to work with her or not. Her fingers twisted a pen around as she watched her. Her mind drifting to what she had done wrong, how she wished her wolf was here.

Damian noticed her response instantly, making him feel horrible. He didn't want her to think like that or feel like that, and he realised his mistake instantly as he bit his lower lip, letting her turn around before he pulled himself together. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything." He said, looking down. "I would like to work with you for this project, but I must warn you, I'm not available all day long." He told her, knowing he had to keep it a secret still who exactly he was, and if she didn't get to meet the wolf side of him, he knew she would end up sad.

Holly smiled happy he agreed to work with her. She turned back around and have a nod of understanding. " that's ok. I'm not available all day either" she didn't dare ask what he was doing, it had nothing to do with her. the project was simple and should only take a few days to get fine. " I'm Holly by the way" she offered him her small hand.

"Alright." Damian said, nodding as he saw her turning back, seeing the happy smile. He didn't like making her upset, he could feel that already, so he figured he'd just play along and enjoy her company. Though he already felt stressed, it meant he risked her finding out everything before he could tell her properly, although he had no clue just how to tell her as he then broke off the thoughts, noticing her hand. "Damian, nice to meet you as well." He grinned nervously, taking her hand and shaking it.

She gave his hand a shake. The project wouldn't take more then a day or two, but she was still excited for it. "Nice to meet you" Her blue eyes once more looked him over. "we can work at my house or yours" She offered. She checked the clock they only had about ten minutes left in class. She looked at him and waited his answer. She didn't know why she was so excited, something about Damian just made her want to be with him. She couldn't help but smile as she looked at him.

"I think we should work at your place, mine's a mess." Damian suggested, knowing it'd be the best excuse for not having her over. He gave a soft smile as she smiled to him, he was afraid, but he hid it well, afraid that she found out he was the wolf, that he was the one she'd been seeing in the forrest, and that he was a werewolf. It would ruin everyhting if she found out, at least if she did before he was ready to expose himself to her fully.

Holly nodded when he suggested her place. "sure we can meet after school and go back to my place." She said with a smile. Looking at him she couldn't feel pulled toward him. There was something about the boy that made her want to get to know him. Just like there was something about her wolf that had her meeting him everyday. The bell rung and she stood up. "See you after school?" She asked. She joined her friends and was soon going about her day. However her mind kept going back to the boy, Damian. His name rang through her mind, almost like a part of hwere was calling his name.

Damian nodded. "Alright, meet you after school at the gates." He smiled, letting her stand up as the bell rang. He yawned, standing up as well after packing his books away, going about his day at school. He attended his classes, lazily following along before they were done, he couldn't wait to get to do the project with Holly, though he knew there was still a massive gap between them, he couldn't figure out a way to tell her that he was the wolf cub she'd met so long ago.

And when it became the end of the day, he was out by the gates of the school, waiting patiently for Holly to show up, figuring if she was late it was because she'd spent time with her friends.

Holly made her way toward the school gates. She was running a little behind and hoped Damian hadn't left. She smiled when she saw him stand there. "Hey" She called out. She walked a bit faster toward him, a smile on her face. "You ready?" She asked before leading the way toward her house. It wasn't a long walk maybe only 15 minutes. It was awkward to say the less, she didn't know what to say and he clearly was shy around her. She wondered for a moment if it was her who made him so nervous, or if he was always this way. "Um... So ... do you have any siblings? I'm an only child..." She gave him a friendly smile, hoping it would put him more at easy.

Damian smiled, nodding as she walked towards him and spoke. "I am." He said, walking with her, he was nervous to talk to her, not sure what exactly to say as they walked. But he tried to think of stuff, at least until she spoke up as he gave a light grin. "You're lucky." He said softly. "I have two older brothers, and they're always on my back." He sighed, looking away as he noticed the neighbourhood, it was quite a nice area as he smiled a bit to himself. "And it's the reason why I wear these old clothes." He added with a grin.

Holly shrugged when told she was lucky. She laughed lightly and then took in his clothes. "I hadn't even know" She said more to herself she hadn't picked up that his clothes where old, and a bit too big. "I'm sure they only want what is best for you" She took in her neighborhood, with its nice houses. She lived in the nice part of town, though sometimes she found she wish she didn't. "I'm sure they are there for you when you need them" She gave him and smile before turning up the driveway toward her home. The two story home had an iron fence around it. "Trust me being an only child can be lonely" with both her parents working most of the time she was home a lot. However when they were home all she could hear was them fighting. Sometimes she wondered why they even stayed together.

"Maybe, but it's hard. We don't have much money for ourselves." Damian admitted, blushing at his own words. "They are there when I need them, but I get to hear for it if it's for a stupid reason." He grinned, shaking it off as he got to her house, moving in with her, hearing the fighting, he felt his heart sink. He understood why she spent so much time with him, when he was a wolf of course, because she didn't want to be home. He understood why she'd run away as he heard it all. "I hope it's alright I'm here." He said, feeling a bit bad for overhearing the fighting and the arguements coming from the house, he had already figured out it was her parents.

Once more she shrugged "At least you have each other" As they walked toward her house she could hear her parents inside. She let out a sigh as her cheeks heated up. She had hoped they still be at work, seemed she didn't have that much luck. She looked at him giving a weak smile. "Yeah its fine" She walked inside and opened the door she stepped in as she called out. "I'm home, I brought a friend home to work on a project" The yelling stopped and her dad stood in the door way of the living room. She shut the door behind Damian and looked at her dad. Her mother didn't bother to come out and see. Nothing was said and she only stood there for a moment. "We'll go to my room" She grabbed Damian's hand and pulled him along behind her. Up the stairs toward her room. Her hand tingled where her skin meant his. She didn't say anything or pull away. Once up stairs she pulled him down the hall and into her room. The Yelling started once again, only a bit lighter this time. "Sorry" She moved about cleaning off her bed and chairs. Clothes laid all over the floor. The light blue walls covered in posters, not of pop bands but classic rock bands. "Um... Sit where ever you like" She waved her hand around.

Hearing her as they entered, Damian noticed her father. He was silent, his jaw tensing, afraid the yelling might be turned towards them. He let her pull them off, up the stairs as he stayed silent. Though feeling her hand in his, he suppressed a gasp, feeling small electric jolts from their skin connecting. He enjoyed the contact until they got into her room, hearing her apologicing as he heard the yelling start. He was confused, worried and feeling sorry for her. "Alright." He replied, moving to sit on the bed, his hands moving to either side of him. "You don't have to apologise though, it's not your fault they're fighting." He told her with a soft smile as he looked at her.

Letting go of his hand once in her room, she wouldn't lie she missed the feeling. She cleaned and offered him a place to sit. She gave him a weak smile when told not to apologies. She fought back tears as she started to pull out her books. She didn't want to talk about it. She looked up at him for a moment as she sat on a chair. "Do your parents fight?" She asked weakly. She never had any of her friends over, to scared that what just happen would happen. She was a little unsure why she felt sad more then embarrasses about Damian having heard what was going on.

Noticing how hard it was for her, Damian quickly figured out he'd have to be careful with what he said and all, but he still had to be hoenst when she asked her question, his eyes catching her's. "Once when I heard it." He told her softly. "My oldest brother had gotten into a fight and my mother wanted one kind of punishment, my father wanted another kind. But they did it after we had supposedly gone to bed." He told her softly, biting his lower lip, letting her know that her family wasn't the only one that fought. He hadn't listened to the yelling, he tried to ignore it and just focus on being there for her if she needed to talk with him.

She couldn't stop herself from asking about his parents. Her eyes locked on his and she couldn't help but let out a light giggle when he was honest with her. She gave him a smile and couldn't help but think it was cute how he bit at his lower lip. "Thank you" She did her best to block out the yelling. Wiping her face of a few tears and taking a deep breath she cleared her throat. "So we have to pick a legend to write about" She said. The projects was simple pick a legend and write about it. It had to be one that was more then 100 years old. "We could do... Vampires or Werewolves... ' She trailed off. Not knowing what would be best for them.

Damian was tempted to wipe her tears away, but he let her do it as he nodded. He didn't know how she reacted to him biting his lower lip, it was a nervous habit of his as he nodded, hearing her mentioning the project. "Yea, a legend." He said, thinking a bit about the age. "Definitely. I think my grandma mentioned something about an old werewolf legend about the forrest just out of town." He said, knowing it was where they met, he hoped she wouldn't be too freaked out by it. "Apparently there's a wolf pack that's lived in there for almost three hundred years." He said, trying to remember the stories his parents had told him, even though he didn't want to give himself away, or scare her out of the woods, he still had to meet her later.

Back
Top Bottom