Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Train (fezesarecool + sliverdreamer)

His day started as every other day did, getting up out of his large bed, shaking his head as he slide out of the bed and slammed his hand down onto the alarm clock that was buzzing. "eurgh..." He moaned softly as he glanced at the time, 6am, the train was at 7am. Walking towards the shower he glanced at his reflection, 32 years old and was still pretty slim and had a good amount of muscles still to show for it. He smiled at himself and scratched his curly brown hair a little before walking into the bathroom.

After a quick shower, Dan came out, drying himself, sliding on new boxers and putting on his black suit, ready for his work day. Sliding the tie up he started to walk towards the kitchen, hearing the gently meow of his cat, he turn and smiled, "Almost forgot your breakfast Charlie!" He laughed, walking to the cuppboard and pouring out a tin of food into a bowl before walking off into the hallway, grabbing his coat and slipping it on. "Seeya later!" He shouted back to the cat before walking out into the cold morning breeze, having 20 minutes to walk to the station, he started at a slow pace.

One silver grey eye opened as the loud shriek of her alarm went off. She silently hoped the sound would simply fade away despite the fact she knew it would not. The night before she had purposefully left her mobile on her chest of drawers on the opposite side of the room to stop herself simply hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep. After the third buzz she rose to her feet and began to get ready for work. She had quick shower and pulled on her normal suit for work. A simple grey skirt and matching jacket along with a pale cream blouse. She brushed and tied her shoulder length brown hair into a simple pony tail before she pulled on a pair of short heeled shoes.

Sarah's weekdays were the same. Get up at six am, get dressed and go to work at the bank by train. She was five foot four inches tall and due to the fact she spent much of the day on her feet, walked to the train station and back and spent her weeks ends on her bike as much as possible she was in fairly good shape for her thirty years of age. She was not a woman drawn to the name of a clothing label but in fact preferred sensible clothing that meant she blended in where she went. A simple pair of silver earring in the shape of tear drops hung from her ears and a matching necklace hung just below her neck. She smiled at her cat before she put down a bowl of food and water for while she was out for the day. "See you this evening Sookie." She delivered a simple but affectionate stroke to the back of Sookie's neck before she walked out of the door , making sure to pick up her book and bag on the way out. With a content smile on her lips she made her way to the train.

It took her only ten minutes to get to the train station but it was a busy one and often she had to be the last to get on the train due to being at back of the clustered people and disliked pushing in front of others. She smiled as it arrived on time for once and made sure she had her ticket still marking her place in her book as she boarded the carriage.

After the slow walk up towards the trainstation he glanced around the the platform, busy as usual, he shook his head and sighed, hating to fight for a space and then finding out it's some else's space. Standing at 6 feet exactly, he was pretty tall and a perfect hieght to be able to push through people to get onto the train. He stood in the large group of people as the train slowly approached the station. "Here we go, elbows at the ready." He joked to no one in particular, pretty much the same joke he did every day, just to get a couple of others laughing with him.

Before the train managed to arrive, he had already gotten quite close to the front of the queue, hearing the expected sighs and tuts as the train pulled up and he managed to move into it quickly, glancing left and right to see which carriage looked best, immediately choosing right, he walked fast and managed to find a seat at a table, 3 other suited men, all head to work in London sat around ,reading, listening to music, the usual. He slid off his coat quickly and pushed it into the over head compartment and then took his seat, a smug smile on his face as he rest his hands on the table top, looking as people sighed and decided to stand around the long carriage.

By the time Sarah got onto the train all of the seats were taken as per normal and she was forced to stand in between two tables. Eight business men sat around the tables with a variety of looks upon their faces. Some were smug grins and a gentle head tilt that suggested they felt she should of moved faster, others were a look of concern about what the day lay ahead or tiredness on the look of one man. She recognized a few of the men who were on a similar time table to her. One in particular who unlike a few of the others was on the train until it reached it's final destination. She gave him a gentle nod of the head in greeting and a soft smile before she looked over her shoulder as she heard the conductor call out for tickets.

She reached into her book and pulled out the ticket but just as she did so the train seemed to slow a brief moment before regaining speed but in that moment a man behind her stumbled forward and into her hand. The book and ticket fell from her hand as she caught the man and waited until they were both righted once more. With a soft sigh she looked down to find her book besides her foot but the ticket had landed beneath the mens table.

Glancing at the woman stood up near the seat he was sat in, Dan gave her the smile and nod back, a friendly gesture they had done a few times before, they were the only people that even seemed to acknowledge eachother on the whole of the busy train. As he noticed the man fall into her, he glanced to make sure that she was alright and stood up, his eyes following hers as she looked at the tickets, flashing yet another smile at her, he reached under the table, "Sorry." He say quietly to the man beside him, who glared after Dan had brush his leg slightly with his hand, grabbing the book and tickets, he brought them back up as he leaned back on his seat.

"There you go." He said politely to the woman, as he reached up and passed over the book and tickets, giving her another nice smile, revealing his slight dimples on his face as their hands briefly brushed, her taking the book and tickets back from him as the conductor approached.

She had just been about to gauge how much space she would need in the crowded alley to bend forward and pick up her things when the man picked them both up and passed them to her. She accepted them with a smile of genuine warmth and thanks. "Thank you very much." She half whispered before she turned to the conductor and offered her the ticket she required. Once her ticket was punctured and passed back Sara had to step out of the way so that the conductor could look at the business men's tickets.

She leaned out of the way and pushed herself up against the back of the chair so that the conductor had as much space as possible to pass through the crowd of the train. She was now stood just behind the man that had helped her and decided now she could settle to reading her book as she normally did . Her hands were settled on the top of the chair the book probably open enough that he could see the words if not actually understand them.

He offers his ticket to the conductor, smiling as he is given it back and places it into his pocket softly as I look back over at her, noticing her holding her book and starting to read it, turning his head back to look forward and he leans back in my seat. The train pulls up at its first stop, the man across the table leaving at the stop, as soon as he does move, Dan turned his around to the woman and smiled, "Spare seat if you like." He said to her nicely, looking back to the free seat on the four seater table, smiling nicely at her as she stands awkwardly in the busy aisle of the train.

She fell into silence as the train continued on it's way until it came to a slower speed and then stop as many of the other passengers got off of the train. She could not help but smile at the sight of a close by empty seat, especially as it came with the man approval. For any other to try and snatch it now it would be considered extremely bad courtesy and many would remember to give any disrespectful passenger a trouble some working week. She slid into the chair and placed the book on the table before she glanced up to the man once more. "My thanks." She said softly before she glanced down at her book though it had lost some of it's appeal by now. "Thank you again for getting my book and ticket before. It saved me a great deal of trouble and possibly some embarrassment."

He smiled back at her, "No problem at all, couldn't leave you scrambling around the train could I?" He asked, as he leaned back in his seat, looking directly across at her, his eyes falling to her book she held in her hand, clearly not paying interest into the book at all. His eyes glance back up to her face as another smile was flashed straight to her. "Heading all the way to London?" He asked, while looking straight at her, not seeing why they couldn't have friendly chat on that train together, something that was rare to find on the busy trains these days. There was something about her, that made him just want to keep on talking to her, knowing the hour long train journey would pass by quicker on this day.

She looked around a moment at the other men at the table and then smiled to the man. " For which I am even more grateful as I am certain a few others would of enjoyed such a sight." She watched him as his gaze drifted to her book and then back to her. "That I am. I work at a bank there as a consultant. Yourself?2 She asked with a warm smile on her lips and a raised eyebrow. In truth she already was quite certain she already knew the answer from previous sightings of him before. "What work do you do if you do not mind me asking at all."

He smiled back at her, his eyes taking in her sexy appearance, smilng as he replied to her question, "Nothing too great really. I own a small business down in London, buying stuff and seling it on, that sort of thing." He shrugged it off, not really liking to talk about his work that much, as he smiled across at her again, "Can I get a name to go with that pretty face of yours?" He asked with a cheeky grin at her, trying to work his charms on her to see her reaction.

Sarah smiled to him as he spoke and raised an eyebrow at the rapid change of subject yet she did not question him further on work seen as it was quite clear he did not wish to discuss it too much. She lifted up her hand and offered it across the table to make the introduction proper and so to speak official. "My name is Sarah Jones.2 Her silver gaze watched him curiously as she waited to see how he would react. The book she attempted to discreetly turn over as she did so. While he had shown no interest in it before the book was a guilty pleasure of hers and she liked to keep her interest of such to herself.

She did not seem to blush at the compliment though a small smile briefly appeared and disappeared along her lips. "I suppose a gentleman as yourself should introduce himself properly to."

Back
Top Bottom