Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sakura-Con 2010 Official Thread; who's attending?

Ahiru said:
Lukage said:
If you staff, you get in for free~

[Shamlessspammingtogetmoreregstaff]

Get me across the country and I'm there. Also, WTF, ACEN isn't nearly that much for pre-reg, especially if you do it in person at a con.
It starts off at $30 the Sunday of the con. Then moves to 35, 45, then 50, I believe. After that, it's $60 at the door for the full weekend.

@Silver - Shush. We're always understaffed no matter how many staff we get. Dx
[/quote]

Hehe I know.. it is so nice to be fully staffed I don't have to worry about over working my lovely minions.. MUHAHAHAHAH

We could have the perfect amount of -minions- ... but then they don't show up D:

We have a bad problem with people signing on to reg just for the free admission... then the fuckers don't show up -_-;;

I'd staff, but I like wandering con too much. Unless I have a position that keeps me active(And not in one spot) I dont' do well in staffing at cons. Hence why I was the Vice-Director of Security for Mewcon on 08-09.

Bwahahaha >:3

I'm Assistant Manager for Registration -.o Fear me roar.

-Mews-

Yes, that's right, fear it -.o

*giggles* Cute, Ahiru. So know of any positions at Sakura that will allow me that ability? To wander around and just be like a messenger of sorts. Kinda on call farrier type thing. That's all I really was at MewCon, relaying messages between Managers of different sections.

Hmm.

That's a tough one.

Because what you technically want to be is a Gopher. But they don't count as actual staff.. only volunteers.

I know someone's looking for like... Panel Moderators. You'd get to go moderate panels which aren't all day and what not. And you'd only have to be in one spot for a couple of hours at most, I think o.o;

Or I'm sure SAS [Security] is looking for staff members :3

For SakuraCon SAS you have to attend at least one SakuraCon Staff meeting, or something like that. I'm a good friend of Vajra/Venton.

Hmmm panel moderator? That might work. As long as it was panels I could enjoy XD

You can't make a meeting? Sadness.

But yeah. Though I'm not too sure who you're supposed to contact for that .__.;;

Con staff meetings are difficult for me. My schedule is so fluid, that there are times I need money... and can only get it if I work a certain weekend.

I so want to be in security and dress up like I'm out of the Matrix.

Or a Jedi: "You don't want to go this way."
"I don't want to go this way? Is it a rule?"
"You don't want to go this way." *waves hands*

A friend of mine that was on Security dresses up in this awesome cosplay x3

john.jpg

This is why you screen your staff Ahiru.. I never have that issue at all ^_^. I get 21 staff and all 21 staff show up and do 16+ hours of work because I'm so fun and my department is only fun ^_^

I never got to deal with signing up staff, Silver, dear.

As for reg, it's hard for us to screen. Because we want as many people as we can at least signed on. We just won't let the staff for us the following year~

Yes :3

Hopefully we can work towards getting people to stay on Registration .__.

That is one of our biggest flaws. We have very few experienced staff. So things get stressful when so many of the new people make a mistake here and there.

You really need experienced staff that badly for registration? I'll make you a promise Ahiru... if for next SakuraCon, I have enough time to make it to meetings... I'll volunteer to help out?

Well, it's more of people experienced working with registration.. For people to stay more than their first year Dx

I never went to Staff meetings until this last one. We don't require our staff to come to meetings.

The only one we'd like for them to make it is for the bag stuffing party x3

How much of the con would I be REQUIRED to work? I like going to panels and stuff... That and just generally lounging in cosplay XD

Well, if there are specific things you want to go to, we're usually really good about working around those sorts of things.

But, I do believe you have to work 16 hours in total... So about four hours a day.

I think.

I'd have to ask Kai.

Please do ask Kai. If 4 hours a day is all that is required, that would actually be pretty sweet. I could help with early morning first day reg, if that's something you guys would like? I'm a quick learner when it comes to machines. We would just have to make it to one badge stuffing party? you say? I might drag my fiance along...

Yes, which is March 28, at 1PM.

I will e-mail Kai and find out what the deal is :3

Alright, so here's the deal. We have decided probably 2 - 3 hour shifts for registration. So you would have to work more than one shift on a couple of days. But that's what Sunday is for. 'Cause there isn't a whole lot going on. Haha.

If you're interested, e-mail <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Registration@Sakuracon.org">Registration@Sakuracon.org</a><!-- e --> about possibly staffing. And if you really care to, you can tell them that Ashley told you to e-mail x3 But that really doesn't matter x3

I've always thought about doing some staff work, mainly because my brother has been staff for as long as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom