Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Healing a king and a kingdom (yajirobe and silverdreamer)

Alfred truly enjoyed his time with Athena, she seemed really nice and kind and the kiss was pretty darn impressive to the king as well. He nodded his head as he heard her comment about Eri. That was something he wanted more then anything else. If he couldn't make her happy, he hoped that someone else would be able to make her happy. Eri was an amazing young woman, and honestly if he had been able to make her happy, well he would of been with her at that moment and not here with the princess getting in a carriage.

"Sadly, we can't," he said as he looked out of the carriage, "yet, after the festival, well then we can go out of town and we can spend that time together if you wish, I figure you are the only princess who has replied and you have impressed me a great deal. I am rather sure of my announcement when I get to the festival. I have a lot of work to do to get prepared though. I figure that after I will have plenty of time off to spend just yourself and I," he told her as he gave her a small smile, as the carriage headed off towards a small town that was also in the kingdom, not the capital but a small place the two of them could stay for that night.

Athena managed to hide and mask the surge of confidence and superiority that coursed through her at his words. Instead she merely smiled tenderly and delivered another kiss to his cheek before she settled back upon the cushion of the coach and enjoyed the rest of the ride to the inn. Once they arrived she climbed down and smiled to him warmly. "Before we eat I wish to change clothing so I am more comfortable. If I am not back in half an hour please come and find me."

She picked up her bag and walked into the inn with a determined sway of her hips to draw his attention there. She spoke to the inn keeper and got a key for her room quickly as she made sure he was aware that should the King ask for her where about he was meant to tell him where she was without hesitation. That done she walked up to her room and cleaned herself from the dust that had managed to settle in a thin layer upon her skin. She then changed out of her traveling attire into a revealing night robe that came to a triangular point just beneath the base middle of her breasts and also offered a view of the expanse of her back.

Alfred looked at Athena and nodded his head as he figured that she would need to freshen up and do whatever it was that women liked to do before they went out and had dinner. He knew that this could take a while from his experiences with his first wife. He sat by the door and looked out over the road for a good moment as he said a small prayer for luck, and blessings. He also wished for the blessings of all those who were close to himself, Eri included wishing that she could fully recover from whatever that it was that happened to be bothering her at that moment.

Alfred walked up and got the location of the princess after he knew that it was time. He walked up to the door and knocked politely as he knew that it would be rather horrible if he were to walk in on the princess and her still be undressed. He didn't want to cause some type of diplomatic problem this night. He stood by the door as he waited for her to reply closing his eyes for a moment as he thought about the nice little place that they would eat at. It was known for its food, and was a warm place. He was going to bring Eri here before her problems came about, but now he was here with Athena.

As Athena heard the knock at the door she smiled. She knew who was outside. With a knowing smile she walked across the room, paused a moment at the door before she opened it. She managed to flush her cheeks as if embarrassed and accidentally opened the door wide enough that the King would see the way the outfit and that which it revealed. "You will have to pardon me King. I was just trying to see if I could pull on my night gown without my hand maiden. I do not think the back in fastened properly. Would you be willing to try?"

She slowly turned around so he could see the exposed breadth of her back before she looked over her shoulder at him. "I think it fastens by buttons."

The King of course was more then a bit surprised to see the beautiful princess in the room with such a outfit. He blushed a bit as he walked into the room. "I see, that would most likely work best," he said as calmly as he could trying to hide any possible nervousness from his voice as he walked up and slide his fingers over the back of Athena's dress. He worked slowly to button the dress up, it was a bit more of a challenge then one might think at first, but he managed to, grant he was blushing pretty severely the whole entire time as he worked to button up the dress of the woman.

"I think I have it," he said stepping back as he looked at the beautiful woman, "I haven't had to do anything like that in a very long time," he said with a small laugh following right after his statement.

Athrena had hoped that the king would of given in to temptation and slid the simple sleeves down along her shoulders, arms and then let it fall loosely to the floor. Instead he had done everything opposite. She felt him fasten up the buttons and the dress tightened around her form rather than loosened and she felt her form become covered up more. She hid the disappointment as she laughed gently at his remarks before she turned to face him. "Well I do hope it shall not be too long before you feel practiced once more." She spoke gently as she lifted a hand up to stroke one of his blushing cheeks.

"Perhaps if you wish we could eat up here in my quarters or perhaps your own so we do not disturb the staff and you can blush as much as wish."

Alfred looked at Athena for a moment, she was tempting, but he was strong against such temptations. He smiled though and nodded his head as he looked at her and then walked out for a moment and asked the staff to send the food up as soon as it was ready for them, before he returned to the room with Athena. He sat down and smile looking over at her. "Yeah, we can really get to know each other better if we just spend this time here," he said with a kind tone to his voice, "Okay, a couple of questions I have been wondering, what is your home like," he asked calmly with a friendly tone, "secondly, what made you decide to come here, was it that you had no choose in the matter, I figured that would be the case for any princess who came to visit me," he said bashfully as he looked at Athena.

Athena smiled as he accepted the suggestion of them eating in the room rather than in the main one where they could get interrupted over and over again. She had prepared a table for them as she waited for his return and smiled as he asked his questions about her life. "My home is much like your own though we do not have the views of the sea that you have. We do though have several streams and waterfalls but nothing as impressive and inspiring as the waters. As for why I came here, I wanted to actually. My father while he wished me wed well I approached him on coming here rather than vice versa. He thought perhaps my desire to meet the King at least was a little too far to be reaching for. " She smiled as he looked so almost innocent and sweet though in truth it was not the desires and emotions she wished to stir in him.

She decided to be more bold and reached for one of the strawberries that he had produced and began to bite into the red flesh as seductively as she could manage with a teasing smile on her mouth while her right foot snaked under the table to find his own. Her tip toes started to rub gently along the side of his foot. "Do you travel much within your lands or do you tend to keep to your castle? Also what plans do you have for the future of the kingdom in regards to laws?"

Alfred was focused on her words, about her home. He was very curious about her answer, about her home, also why she had chosen to come and visit with himself. He nodded his head as to show that he was in fact paying attention to her and smiled thinking about what her homeland would look like. He could understand why her father wouldn't want his daughter far away, as it would be the same feeling that he would have if he had a daughter at that moment in the same situation.

As he watched her eat, he did turn a bit red, but that was all, he wasn't the type of man who so actively lusted after women. "I do travel much, I used to rather, when my late wife died I shut myself off for a long while, I couldn't deal with the grief of losing someone so important to myself," he said honestly as he looked at her. "I now plan to visit my lands, and keep the old laws for they have worked for a very long time," he commented pausing as he thought of a interesting fact, "sad little fact, my wife and I never consummated our relationship so in a way, one could argue I never have been truly married," he said shaking his head, of course he didn't see it this way, but in a court of law it might be seen this way.

Athena watched him closely as he spoke, a look of genuine upset did cross her face as he spoke about his wife and she managed to keep that look as he spoke openly of the fact that he was still innocent and to some extent never married. The notion of him being so inexperienced made her seemingly flush with surprise but she said nothing as she simply rose to her feet and walked around the table. She knelt on the floor as she placed her hand on his knee and gave his other a squeeze before she rose up and placed a firm kiss to his lips. The hand that had been on his knee settled on the back of his neck and could only hope he fully returned the gesture and got lost within the emotion and act.

Alfred looked at Athena not sure what she was going to do as she squeezed his knee it got his full attention on her as he soon felt her lips press against his own, it was a nice feeling, not as nice as when he kissed other women who he had deeper feelings for, but a nice kiss none the less. He leaned forward and returned it gently pressing his lips against her own as he slipped his hands around her waist, pulling her closer to himself as he let himself deepen the kiss quickly enjoying the excitement of the kiss and the moment before pulling out and blushing lightly,but there was something about this, he hadn't gotten lost by the emotion or the act.

"I am sorry, that is not how a king should act, I should wait till after I am married to you, but this is not the time for such acts. I am truly sorry to disappoint you, Athena, I think most highly of you, and it would be wrong for me to push things. For as a king, I must withdraw for your temptation is to high at this moment, he said calmly as he looked at her. "I shall, no we shall enjoy this moment in its proper place the night of the festival, I shall show you a world that you shall love and will cause even perhaps you to blush," he said calmly as he kissed her forehead, "Now, I think I need to get another room," he said rubbing the back of his neck before slipping out of the door. Something was wrong about this, it didn't quite feel right, but he knew that was not what he needed to say, he figured that he still was deeply in love with Eri. Perhaps when he got back and saw her happy with her wild love then he would be able to move on or when the festival happened and he choose Athena that would enable it. Either way this was not the right time for him to make that move.

AT first it had all appeared to be going perfectly. He returned the kiss, his arms enveloped around her waist and he had pulled her closer, until their bodies were pressed against each others. All seemed to be going just right but within moments he pulled his head back and carefully untangled them from each other. She frowned briefly and slightly as he spoke but quickly put a smile in place as she stepped back and swept her hands down her dress as if to get rid of pretend dust. "There is no need to apologize, I was merely caught up in the moment is all. Thank you for being the perfect gentleman." She walked towards her door and opened it for him. "I hope this does not lower your opinion of me."

Alfred looked at her and smiled as she looked at him in the eyes. "It doesn't change my opinion of you at all. I am looking forward to the future. I am sure when the time is right for us to well be together it will be a great deal of fun," he said as he looked at the young woman. He smiled as he walked out of the door, he was more confident of his choose, he was glad that she had gotten there and he was able to spend time with her. He knew that by choosing her he was going to end up with a princess and queen who could handle herself, and though his feelings were not the same as they were for a certain other person, he felt that with time he would be able to work it into a great situation over time. He knew that with that time, he would be able to make this relationship work, and she wasn't going to freak out cause of fear of commitment.

The rest of the week went by fast, as he spent the time with Athena, as well as helping get everything ready after he had gotten back from the little trip. He didn't see Eri at all the whole time that he was back, but he worked as best as he could to improve the festival. He was sure that Eri would busy with her new partner, the wild man. He didn't think about it much, but what he had heard from the princess, the pair of them were getting along better then normal when he asked about it once. He woke up that morning and then headed down to have breakfast, after which he would walk the grounds of the festival which would be starting later that day to make sure everything was where it needed to b and that the people were enjoying the festival, mostly kids were out and about at the early parts.

Eri had spent as much of her time with Thorn as she could, the days passed fluidly with him. She felt connected to him in a way she had not experienced with any since she had left home and while she did try and steer her feelings for him towards sexual and romantic notions, something or at least the thought of someone seemed to prevent it happening. Thorn had made his interest clear several times and had kissed her a couple of times. The first one had been a simple kiss on the cheek but the next had been on the lips, one he had tried to draw out and coax her into enjoying yet each time she tried no vines appeared. They appeared only in her dreams when she slept and each night the man caught in them was the King. She heard him moan in enjoyment, felt him buck up into her as she claimed him as her own and each morning she woke up to an empty bed and a growing feeling of exhaustion that no amount of sleep seemed to ease.

Athena while initially disappointed in the fact she had been spurned found the fact that the King spent as much time with her as he could. Not once did he ask about the wild woman and she did not bring her up other than to inform him of how well Eri and Thorn were getting along. She made it sound far deeper than it was. Eri had so far other than a couple of kisses kept Thorn at a distance. She woke up the morning of the festival cheerful with the knowledge that by the day was done it would be announced of her engagement. She spent much of the morning making sure her outfit was ready and she looked perfect.

While the nobles went about their business, villagers and staff of the castle went on their own. Soft nods and whispered words were exchanged as they made sure their own plans were ready for the right time. As Alfred walked around the festival early he was greeted by all that saw him and informed that everything was ready when he was.

Alfred was glad that the people were ready and was happy that he was able to help them do a couple of minor things. All the work that had gone into the festival as a way to say the city was alive again. It was alive again, which made his heart swell with pride and caused him to almost jump for joy. He walked around looking at people talking to people and enjoying himself for a good while, before he would have to return home to get ready for that night himself.

Alfred sent a message to Athena telling her he would meet her at the festival, as he got ready in his best royal robes. This would be the day he would announce his marriage to Athena. She wasn't his first choice but Eri was more happy with her wild man and he fit her better, where as Athena was right. He was meant to be with a princess and Eri a wild man that was just how things were. The king was wearing his blue royal robes as he meet with his people along the way. He followed them as they wanted to show him something. He wasn't sure what it was but he would so as his people wanted on the way to the festival which was already starting. He felt bad enough that he was a bit late which was not normally his style at all, it just took him longer to prepare then he thought it would.

Athena wore a elegant blue dress that fell down to her ankles and the hems ended at her hands. She held her hair up in an elegant twisted plaitt that had been decorated with false petals so they could not wither during the day. She walked with Alfred every step of the way. She was eager to hold his hand, to kiss him on the lips but until the announcement was ready he seemed more inclined to keep their physical attractions quiet.

She frowned at the sight of the already muddy streets and the loud cries and laughs that were coming from the people around her. Some of the children were trying to drag them towards the main square and beyond to a house that had been decorated with ghostly shades of netting and demonic laughter seemed to come form within.

Eri decided to wear a simple pair of trousers and a knee length tunic fastened about the waist by a belt that had been fashioned into leaves of varying colours, gold, copper and even silver seemed to catch the light of the lanterns that glowed. Her hair fell freely about her head and past her shoulders. Her feet were bare as normal and she walked along side Thorn. Her dark green gaze often settled on Alfred and Athena but she kept space between them. Just enough that it was obvious they were not as close as they were.

Well she had been until several older children started to dare her to face the scary house. She let out a playful growl and a pretend fearful scream but finally moved toward sthe building's entrance to find herself and Thorn just behind Alfred and Athena. She smiled to Athena politely and nodded her head towards Alfred though her jaw had turned tight with the urge to ask a hundred questions.

Suddenly she felt something or someone slam into her from behind, her body was thrown forward into Alfred's own and for a moment she was quite certain the person that had tumbled into her had shoved her also as the light of the square faded and she found herself in the dark with Alfred.

Alfred smiled as he looked at Athena, he knew that she was excited about this night, it was huge night for her, the night that he would announce their coming engagement together, and would be the new king and queen of the land. He looked at her giving her a smile as he took her hand in his own and walked towards the main area where the celebration was going to be. He gave Athena a smile, as the red, blue and black clad king walked. He saw the scary house and smiled, it was so creative a bit on the noisy side to be honest, but it was creative. It showed the creativity of his people, a fact that he so loved. He loved all his subjects as they were able to do such great things with their time and their imagination.

He smiled at the little ones who were in the area, as well as the others who came around to greet him and Athena. It wasn't for a few moments that he noticed Eri and Thorn. he smiled as he looked at them. He wasn't able to tell how close or not close that Eri was to the wild man, but she seemed stable and that was something that made him so happy. He could tell she looked so much better now then when he last dealt with her in the bed looking rather poor. He smiled as he turned and head towards the main area, the scary house happened to be along the way as turned he noticed something, moving and then he saw Eri falling towards him as he grabbed her protectively as he was knocked back, he tripped on something too, as he fell to the ground holding Eri protecting her from hitting the ground.

Alfred woke up and noticed that the room he was in was dark, as he moved around, he found a lattern after a moment and managed to light the lantern. He looked over and saw that he was in a room with just himself and Eri. "Well this sure is something," he mused as he looked at the woman who had come and helped him recover from his illness. He went over to the door and pushed on it and noticed that it was locked. "Seems as though someone wants here to spend some time together," he commented as he looked over at the copper haired woman. "So, seems things between you and Thorn are going extremely well at least by what I have been told by Athena. I am rather happy for you, it is also so very good to see you feeling better now."

She had felt them tumble and roll, for moments or minutes they were surrounded by darkness and he had instinctively protected her from the worst of the wall. She felt tense and relaxed all at the same time at his touch but too quickly they separated as they found themselves in the pleasantly decorated bedroom. A blush touched her cheeks at the almost romantic setting. That blush faded into a frown as Alfred went to the door and found it locked. Her gaze met his and considered all that could wrong with her being alone with him. She diverted her gaze at his remark about Thorn. "He is pleasant company and he is one I can connect with." She may have looked healthier but her nights were still haunted by terrible dreams she woke up screaming to but she never woke once to find Alfred in ehr bed to comfort her. She wondered if he now spent his nights with Athena. She remembered the sight of seeing the pair of them sleeping on the roof. A romantic sight he had never shared with her.

"Rumour has it that there is to be an announcement at the end of these festivities. I do hope the pair of you are very happy together and I am..happy you found the right Princess to rule as Queen." She hoped she added the right emotion to her words even if she felt only the opposite about it all. She realized then that while he had been distant it had been easy to put aside what feelings had developed for him but now they were locked in a room. "Maybe this room was intended for you and your Queen to be."

She turned away from him and started to examine the room closely to try and find a way out. It was then she noticed the small envelope on the bed side dresser with her name and Alfred indicating and revealing this had certainly been planned and excluded Athena. She reached down and picked up the envelope but did not open it, instead she simply passed it directly to Alfred. " Seems I was wrong about it being meant for Athena." The moment he took the note she quickly stepped away from him. She could already feel that weaving of magic she could not control working it's way through the ground. She put as much space between them as she could as she forced herself to lean on the opposing wall.

Alfred looked at her and paused for a moment as he narrowed his eyes. "Athena is a good woman, a bi ambitious for my taste but good and a woman who has a decent heart over all," he commented as he looked at her in the eyes for a moment after she turned to look for a way out of the room. He let out a sigh as he stood there gathering up his information to talk to her with a confidence he needed at the moment.

"Now, I love you, Eri " he commented as he looked at her,"I want you as my queen I want you as my lover," he said pausing as he looked at her." Now I was going to marry Athena cause honestly she is the second best choice. Every time I get close to you. You freak out and have nightmares or stuff that seems to hurt you. I seem to do nothi but hurt you, and I can't live with myself if I were to hurt Eri. You also move away when I get close if it was up to me you be my wife ready but you didn't want that at all."

She noticed the fact that he had not even gazed or even glanced at the note she had passed to him. Her gaze met his as he spoke and she fell utterly silent as she tried to actually absorb what he had said before she let out the strangest of laughs. It was uncertain and almost amused but scared at the same time. "You were not the cause of my nightmares. The only good night sleep I have had recently was the last night you stayed with me. ..then you were scared of me and could not wait to escape before you seemed to abandon me to Thorn so you could find yourself a queen. A proper queen who knows how to look after a Kingdom. "

While her tone had started off soft it turned angry at the feeling of him seeing those vines and all but fleeing from her. They had not been anything she could control and she could not explain it to him. She suddenly felt a pang of jealousy. "You seemed to devote all your time to Athena and wanted me to disappear. I am simply giving you what you wanted. Was it not? " She could feel her jealousy surge those vines to move and writhe faster beneath the ground. She started to turn away from him as she folded her arms over her chest. "You saw the vines and you bolted." She spat out angrily as she looked over her shoulder to him. "You want someone normal."

He took a deep breath as he looked down for a moment and sighed:"I wanted you more hen anything still do, but you were with Thorn and you were happily win him. I was told he made you better. I was mistaken. I am sorry I avoided you. But I did it cause I thought it would be good for you not something bad for you Eri. I miss you so much. You are always on my mind always and I wished I could be with you."

"As for the vines it is more confusion," he admitted as looked at her. "What are the vines why do they show up when they do. It is a sign you don't want me and are attacking me cause of that right?" He asked as he looked at her wondering what they were he wondered now why they appeared around her. "I am guessing there is a reason for them, is it a self defense thing to protect you from a normal man like myself?" He also asked."I want you normal or not doesn't matter."

"Thorn and I are friends, we spend time together and he had a bond with nature that I have but we are not together. Thorn informed me that you and Athena were together, that you were both happy and that you no longer required or wanted me. Your disappearing act, finding you and her on the roof of the castle, fast asleep curled up indicated that he spoke the truth."

She looked to him and then blushed and chuckled at the same time at the notion of the vines attacking him. "They are not for defense, nor do they appear because of being with what you consider to be a normal person..." She diverted her gaze, looking into a corner of the room and ignored the bed. "I started to have dreams about you..intimate dreams. I was taking you; claiming, making you mine and mine alone. That is why the vines appeared. That is why they come seemingly after you. I can not control them when you are near by or when I dream of you. "

She shrugged her shoulders slightly. "You can not change what has already been put in place. As you said Athena is a good queen. She has been trained for this since she was young. I barely know any of your laws." She felt the vines start to make there way through the foundations of the house, they started to wriggle and weave there way through any cracks. Knowing what was coming she seemingly angrily stormed past him and attempted to open the door.

"I was told you and the wild man were a couple as well, and I checked on you once to see you close," he retorted as he moved closer to Eri and put his hands on her hands as he looked into her eyes. "I want you as my queen. You are the only woman who I ever dream off at night and I have never slept with Athena. In fact I turned down her advances when she wanted to sleep with me. I want you Eri not Athena," he declared as he looked at her.

Alfred leaned in and kissed Eri on her lips passionately for a long moment before he pulled a bit away from her. "I owe you everything honestly," he said with a smile. "I want you know I love even without this simple fact I want you as my queen. The question is really simple," he said looking right at her."will you be my Queen, Eri?"

Eri felt his hands on her just as her hands found the door. She turned to face him and she was not certain if that was her biggest mistake yet. As his lips found her own she at first tried not to react. Tried to ignore the surge in emotions that bubbled beneath the surface but within moments her lips were pressing against his passionately. Her hands gripped his own as she moved closer and closed the gap between them and was almost reluctant to break the kiss. At his words and at his question her heart skipped a beat. She wanted to answer yes but some part of her felt sorry for Athena and Thorn in that moment even if now it was clear that the pair of them had their own agendas.

Just as she was about to voice her concerns that still argued with the yes that wanted to sound to the vines broke through the final barrier of the room and started to weave there way towards Alfred with the speed she currently held back on. Several of them started to weave around his ankles while two others nestled around his wrists and her own with them being interlinked. The grip of them grew taunt but without being tight as she felt the connection made, for a time he would feel a connection with her he would not of felt before, a connection through the vines. He would almost feel the way her heart raced but without saying a word she answered him by claiming his lips with her own. Her lips pressed upon his own hungrily and suddenly desperately in case this proved to be a dream. "I want you to be mine." She whispered against his mouth as her tongue slid between his lips to gain entry.

Alfred also felt sorry for Athena but that had almost. Ost him aero he knew she had someone for her as he had Eri she just hadn't meet him yet. He felt his ankles grabbed by the vines and then his wrist. He was going to ask about them but he felt her presence around him and he felt a new connection with Eri that was so different. He could sense her intention as she moved closer to himself. He could tell the bond between them was deeper then normal ones.

He let her slip her tongue into his mouth as he wrestled with her tongue in a most playful manner. He was hers already as he was sure now that she would be his queen and they would be finally together as they should be. He let his lips express the joy of he moment as he kissed her. He was sure he connection went both ways as he figured that she could tell just how greatful he was to be with her and how much he wanted the copper haired beauty.

Back
Top Bottom