Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Healing a king and a kingdom (yajirobe and silverdreamer)

Silverknight

Pulsar
The town was in black, the whole town, not a single person didn't wear black. It had become like the state color, they had been wearing it long enough, that no other color clothes sold in the whole of the town. For a full year, they wore black, out of respect and love of their kind king. You see, a year before, the King was happy, and the kingdom prosperous. Then suddenly the Queen got ill and died soon after. The King was heart broken, he had lost everything he had ever cared about suddenly. His strength fade from his once strong and determined self.

This dark morning, he was up early, sitting listening in a rather depressed state as he listened to requests. He did listen to his people, but he was not the happy king they knew before. He was rather down. He listened to request after request of his people and couldn't help but think about how his love would make some comment or joke at the perfect time, making things so much easier. Still he was king and he had to do this. He had to keep the kingdom going despite his internal feelings. He leaned against his hand, nodding as he agreed to let a peasant try growing a new field of apples, whose seeds came from another region of the world.

The king took deals from the people, working with them as he cared deeply for his people. He had been so blind to how much his depression was hurting the very people he cared for so greatly and the kingdom he would do anything for as well. He let out a soft sight as he focus his attention on the next case as he worked his way pasted his feelings giving out advice as best as he could in the situation he was in his voice betraying his interest which was low to nothing as he really just wanted isolation but he couldn't do that. It wouldn't be fair to his people so he kept working.

Eri pulled the tightly knitted shawl around her even harder as her pale gold eyes scanned the kingdom they were approaching. The carriage had up until the point her gaze had settled on the sight moved slowly but now it was moving far too rapidly. She could see the dark clouds that had been drawn to the city by the sadness that radiated in the air, the soil and even the stones of the walls. She could not see even a tiny amount of colour any where. The flower despite it being the middle of the summer seemed to be asleep still. Suddenly the carriage came to a stand still at the staff door into the castle. With a soft sigh she rose to her feet and climbed down quickly. Without a word she stepped through the corridors and made her way to where she had been told the King would be at this time of day. She wore a simply decorated, green dress that came down to just above her shoes, a shawl wrapped around her shoulders and a pair of walking boots upon her feet. She paused only once to ask one of the members of staff where her bag belonged after she introduced herself. A look of desperation and pain crossed the male staffers face and he quickly took it from her before shunning her to the large hall.

Her pale gold gaze moved along the lines of people and rapidly noted that she would stand out compared to any other person here. Not only was her dress the only sign of life in the place but her skin was the colour of warmed amber, her hair the colour of tarnished copper. The scent of soil , rain and lavender clung to everything about her. She came to stand at five foot four inches tall. Her frame impossible to ascertain beneath the attire. Slowly it came her turn to stand before the king and for a minute she said nothing but her gaze moved over him. She looked into his eyes and down along his features. "My apologies for my tardiness Sire, I am Eri Grove. I do believe you were expecting my arrival at dawn but my carriage hit a boulder and had to have a wheel fixed before we could carry on here. I am the daughter of Scarlet and Tor Grove. You agreed to..my staying here some time ago."

While some of it was true , some of it was simple fabrication. Created and would be backed by his staff should he of forgotten. Some of his people out of desperation had sought her fathers aid to break the man's grief and help him look to the future once more. Their answer had been to send her.

The King Edward looked at the woman who walked into his field of vision, he had no seen someone like her in a very long time. He looked at her and wonder who she was and just what the heck she happened to be doing in his court,his eyes focused on her as he waited for her approach quietly, wordlessly as his mind went over the possibilities of who this woman happened to bel the king had once been a man among men, he was just over six feet tall with a now thin frame warn by depression and the effects of his mire of depression. The dark haired king looked at her and saw the green dress and blinked, foreigner most likely.

He heard her announcement and blinked, Eri Groove, he thought about her name and then remembered the name of her parents. It had been an arrangement made by his late wife shortly before her passing. He knew it had been a long time before, but he knew she had a long way to travel. His face softened for a moment as he remembered the invitation being sent off and his late love. "Yes, you are most welcome here, Lady Eri," he said with a edge of kindness to his tone as he looked at her.

He didn't know the first letter hadn't been replied to but the second one was also sent not from him. He got up and looked at her. "Lady Eri, I wish you to follow my servants to their room, that you might be able to stay and relax yourself in the room as long as you wish, I shall meet with you again later in the library of this castle," he commented as he looked her in her eyes as he waited in part to see her reaction to him.

She looked along his form. She could see what had been and what and who was now before her. Yet for now she simply bowed forward at his request. " Thank you Sire and I look forward to meeting you again later." Her words were clear and yet softly spoken before she turned her gaze to the female member of staff that waved her towards them. She was lead upstairs and out of sight to a small room that had a attached bathroom. She quickly set to what she felt needed to be done. She opened her bag and selected a simple outfit. This to was in a shade of green but golden trim decorated along the hem of the skirt and the sleeves. She removed the dark shawl and replaced it with a matching green one.

She quickly bathed and readied herself while mentally preparing at the same time. By the time another staffer appeared her hair had been brushed loosely around her shoulders. The copper colour would glow in any candle or fire light. She picked up an item she had selected would be a gift for the King. It was a elegant case of pine, along the surface of it was a carefully designed flowering cherry tree. Yet it was the token inside that would be the most important part of the gift.

She followed the staffer down stairs when the halls she noted were quieter. The castle already seemed darker in comparison to how it had been before. Finally she stood outside of the library door but she herself dismissed the poor woman to knock on the door herself.

The King looked though old books, and old laws that had been written, he wanted to review himself on the law of the land, he felt as though he was forgetting some parts of it, and that was not good. He knew that he was the person who carried out the law, fair and justly for all his people. He sighed as he looked up at a painting of his late wife, she looked down at the room with her soft eyes, and he leaned back in his chair, here was the only place he could still even feel the aura of her any more, it was odd that was the case, cause he remembered how she used to drag him here as a kid kicking and streaming, with him hating the idea of reading and her reminding him that a king had to be knowledgeable as well as everything else. He looked up and focused his attention on the painting as he closed the book and day dreamed for a good bit.

Soon it had gotten darker and he lit the candles in the room to give some light, though mostly he just rested thinking of past glorious days, days of happiness and joy. At that moment in his mind, they seemed like days which would never again return. He sighed softly as he said nothing at all. He put his feet up on the counter and relaxed, sometimes he even slept here and not in his bed not wanting to let go of the memories that the room held for him. He was jolted though up when he heard a knock on the door. He walked to the door and opened it and looked at the figure, he blinked as he realized just who it was that was standing there.

"Well, Lady Eri, if I am not mistaken," he commented as he promptly bowed and took her hand kissing the top of it as was custom in his kingdom. He then rose up and looked the woman in her eyes, his eyes rather dull at that moment, "What is it I can do for you my lady," he asked her kindly as he figured that she had searched him out for some reason, and that it would be most rude of himself to not figure out some way which to help the young woman.

When the library door opened the scent of musty air filled the hall from the library. It seemed the windows had not been opened for a long time, perhaps not even the curtains. She smiled softly to him as she realized he had utterly forgotten that it had been him that had requested her to attend him in the library. She gave him a following soft smile as without coming across as rude she turned sideways and edged her way into the library. The room was dark other than for candle light and the portrait of his wife. "It was you Sire that had it issued for me to come to you here this evening Sire. Though I can understand if you forgot." As she stood in the library she looked at the books on the table and those that had been read recently. She quickly understood he was forgetting rules and laws. The dullness of his eyes suggesting he no longer was truly there properly. He was in the days of old with colour and warmth and love. He was forgoing all that was before him and spreading the darkness within him.

"Though I will admit I have always been quite curious of your library I was informed it is one of the largest within the Kingdom and all of the land the Kingdom reaches across and that it had some of the most rare books."

The King blinked as he looked at her and then heard her words, he had forgotten that too, he let out a soft sigh as he he shook his head, this seemed to be happening more then before. He bit his lip sightly as he tried to think of something to say, but he couldn't think of anything to say to her for a good moment. He was so happy to hear her say her next statement, asking about the library and he smiled a bit as he nodded his head a bit as he focused on her question, it was a great escape from remembering why he had asked to meet with her.

"Yes, this library is old, it goes to the days of my great grandfather, and many of the books from that time period are still in here," he commented as he looked at her, "my late wife, added a lot of the books and made it the biggest library in the kingdom, she took the old library and added on a whole lot. It was her personal goal as queen to improve the library, and she had done a hell of a great job of it. He blinked as he looked around and remembered why he had asked her down.

"I don't know why she summoned you, but my late wife was the person who summoned you, first, a year ago," he said as he looked at the woman in front of him, he wasn't sure she knew this, "at the time it wasn't possible, and she was already very ill, so I never found out why she send the letter to you," he commented as he looked at her, "If there is anything that I can do for you, please tell me, also, what were if you don't mind, why did she request you come here, if you don't know it is fine, it just something I have been curious about."

She smiled inwardly as the King did not try and push her out of the room or request her to leave either. She watched him closely as he spoke of the books and his late wife. A look of sadness crossed her features at the sound of his voice when he spoke of her. "Your wife requested my attendance here for several reasons Sire." She spoke softly as she continued to move around the library and examined some of the books spines. She lifted a hand up to stroke along the soft leather. A small cloud of dust followed in her hands wake. She turned her gaze to him fully once more. "She felt I needed to explore the Kingdom Sire and possibly find a suitor here in the same stroke." She looked down to the ground beneath her feet. "She was I believe also hoping I had some ability to heal her but her illness was worse than she had realized. Had I managed to arrive before her death I doubt there would of been much I could of done for her."

She spoke honestly to him on this part. His wife had sent a letter to her and while she had wrote back a thick letter with a variety of herbs, drinks and ways to heal it had already been too late and yet she was not going to hide the truth from the King. He was living int he dark as it was and that was not going to help him any more. "Your wife did say in one letter she wrote that she loved the view from the library. It seems such a shame none can savour it now."

The king nodded his head as he looked past her thinking about his late wife mostly, as he wasn't worried so much. He blinked though at her statements, odd thing, he figured the later but the former was a bit of a surprise even to him. He looked a bit perplexed by it as he rubbed his chin for a moment, and looked at her. He was rather at a lose for what to say again, this time, just cause he wouldn't of expected such a thing. He remembered back to her passing, she hadn't actually told him she was sick till it was far to late, he was sure that she knew, and most likely knew early it was fatal, but kept the news from him till near the end. It was one of the things that puzzled him the greatest of the whole ordeal. How did she always manage to remain strong, she had been his anchor in life, she always was strong, encouraging to him, and thus her lose was so hard. He let out a soft sigh as he blinked and looked over at her for a moment, the view. He couldn't honestly remember what the view was of anymore.

He blinked as he wipped his face from the tear or two which had slide down his face as he thought back and then nodded his head, "Yes, you can open them if you wish," he said softly as he sat back down, "I believe the curtain string and pulley is located on the far right side," he added as he figured that if Eri wanted the to look out, she could do so for a short time. He sat back in the chair, his strength ebbing as he felt rather weak at that moment. He wasn't sure how long he could even try to remain strong, his confidence in himself wasn't there and was disappearing as fast as his memory of the laws it seemed.

She nodded her head slightly to him and moved to where he had directed the pulley was. She quickly found the small contraption and after a few moments she began to pull on the elegant but dusty rope. With a faint smile she watched as the curtains all started to open at the same time. Some how they were each connected to the same pulley. The setting sun shone weakly through the windows but gave a warming hue to the room. She could see now what people had been caught by. She could see the way the distant mountains seemed to fall to each other and formed a lovely peak to the sea that still glowed in the dying light of the day. She could see a couple of people stood at the peaks of the mountains probably also observing the sun set.

"I can see now why she enjoyed this few." She half whispered before she discreetly reached up and carefully opened the window to allow some fresh air in the room. "Would you be willing to allow me to clean this room? Perhaps tomorrow while you are tending business?"

The light came into the room, it was far brighter then he remembered it being, even with the fading sun. He looked in her direction as she stood there looking over the landscape. This woman was a bit different. The king stood there paused in his movements and mannerisms as he looked at the guest. He focused his eyes on the light, as they adjusted quickly, and then closed the book his was reading, it was far later actually then he remembered it actually being. Perhaps he had been here for a longer period then he realized that he had. It seemed rather likely that was the case actually, as he had reviewed a lot of the laws in the book and day dreamed for a good while as well.

He blinked as he heard her request and paused for a long moment, thinking about it, and then nodding his head, "yes, you may clean on one condition, do not change the order of the things in the room, you may clean what you will, but do not move anything out of its proper place," he said as he looked at her. He stressed this single point with his tone, he couldn't stand the idea of the room being redone, or changed in any way other then this cleaning that Eri, had just mentioned.

She nodded her head slightly to him as he placed his condition a couple of times as if she would forget or as if she would suddenly decides to change the layout of the room. She gave him a gentle smile and brief nod of her head once more. "I shall not change the lay out of the room at all Sire." She answered and confirmed softly as she let the musty air leave through the gap int he window and fresh air began to enter instead. "Thank you for letting me do so." She said softly as she turned her gaze once more back to the view beyond the window and smiled gently.

After a few minutes she turned away from the window and made her way to the Kings chair. Her form came to a stand still just besides him. "I shall let you enjoy the rest of your evening. I did not mean to interrupt you."

The King sat back down as he relaxed, he felt the wind at his back as the window happened to be at his back based on how he was sitting at that moment. He would feel a cool wind press against his back as he sat there, it was a reminder of what time of day it happened to be. He nodded his head as he heard the ever important words from Eri that she wouldn't change the layout of the room, that meant a whole lot to the man. He took a deep breath as he heard her two more times, and then got to his feet. He stood up straight as he looked right at the young woman.

"It is getting late, I shall retire to my bed as well," he mused outloud as he looked at her, "you may call be my name if you so desire," he said as he looked at her, his focus completely on her as if revealing secret, which he wasn't, "you may call me Alfred, if you wish," he said as he walked out of the room and headed up towards his own room the oppoiste direction as what Eri had to walk to get to her room. He wasn't thinking much about what had happened or what hadn't happened. He just was focused on trying to remember as much as he could, and keeping the memory of his late wife alive still at that moment in time.

She said nothing as he rose to his feet, spoke and then quickly departed before she could utter a word. She remained silent as she herself moved up the stairs to the room she had been given but she was not ready to go to bed. Instead she changed her clothes. She picked out a simple pair of trousers, shirt and a cloak. Once all was in place she walked back down the stairs and outside. In her hands she carried a plant pot. She used the dying light of the sun and the lanterns that shone to find a unused patch of soil. She used her bare hands to fill the plant pot half way and then poured the seeds she had in the cloak pocket. Once she was certain all was in place she placed her finger tips gently just a little in the soil. A soft glow began to show through the grains as she began to mutter a soft and quiet jumble of words.

A sense of calm passed over her for several minutes before the spell came to an end. She picked up the pot and returned to her room. She opened the window and balanced the pot on the ledge so it would get the early morning sun when it rose. She stripped and washed herself down before she pulled on a long night gown and climbed into the bed. She pulled the blanket tightly around her to try and warm her form. The dark and sadness of the city felt slightly draining to her especially when she had cast her spell. She closed her eyes and smiled softly. "Sweet dreams Alfred...and sleep well." She spoke softly as she let herself fall into slumber as she waited for the dawn to come.

The next morning, the King got up the same time he had for the last who knows how many years of his life. He looked and gathered his things together and read over the laws again, he was going to have some people talk to him about setting up some type of fair, it seemed to be something that was rather important to her, but he knew that he would approve it already. He knew that the kingdom could use the festival, and he knew that it would be a good thing for the people in the capital. He actually skipped breakfast as he did normally when he had a lot to do on his plate. It wasn't something that was new or even after the death of his love, it was a problem going back for a long ways.

He meet with the people, who talked about having a spring festival two months down the line. It was to be something big where people enjoyed celebrations with each other. He figured that he could approve of it, and that they would have booths, they would sell goods from the whole regions, and they would have dances and celebrate the ending of winter. They would send him more on what they were planning to do as time went on. He nodded his head as he accepted, perhaps this idea would go over well, but it would have a lot more to do in the planning stages, but he thought it looked very promising.

Eri had woke up as the sun just peered over the horizon. A soft smile on her lips she washed and dressed practically once more before she ate a warm breakfast of oats and milk with a little honey and a cup of herbal tea. Once fed she walked to the kitchens and asked one of the maids where they kept cloths for cleaning and some hot water. It was only once she was certain the king was busy in the main hall did she return to the library. The night with the open window had aired the room nicely and the musty scent had gone. She reached into a small pouch and pulled out a vial filled with a dark plum coloured liquid and let a few drops fall into the hot water. The scent of cherries began to fill the room with the steam that rose from the hot water. She washed down the tables, chairs and window sills before she picked up a dry cloth and removed the dust from the large collection of books along the shelves.

The stale air had been replaced with fresh air and the scent of cherries but she made sure everything else was as it had been. Books were put back in order and the furniture was put back in place. The cleaning took her about three hours. Once she was finished she took the dirty linen and bowl back to the kitchen where they were removed quicker than she could blink by a softly smiling female. Runours were already spreading about the festival that had been discussed in the main hall. She then turned her gaze to the windows and decided a proper exploration of the grounds would be a good way to learn and get used to the lay of the land and see if she could find any possible spots for colour to bloom and grow with little notice.

The meeting went on, they talked about other things, like foreigners that wanted to visit the kingdom, ideas that could drive up the economy, and ways to help the people. It was important, and he hadn't had a meeting like this in forever. Yet, he felt he should, something made him feel more open to this, he wanted to improve his land, and he felt like he should. It was a new feeling that had been around for only a short while. Yet, he knew that he should do so. He looked at the people, his face stoic, calm, and focused as he said nothing at all for a long while. He signed on to the agreements and let these good people head out, he of course knew little about how much he had to do to improve the kingdom, but it seemed a start.

Alfred went into council again that day, skipping his second meal, lunch now as he worked, forcing himself to work hard to do what he could when he could for his people. He worked though minor issues to sort of important issues. Nothing was that big to be life changing to the kingdom. Still doing the little stuff counted in the long run. It was a things his late love had told him so many times. Enjoy the little parts of the job, for they aren't so little to others, she would tell him. He walked by the library, and blinked it was different, he was glad that it was only cleaned, but as he sat down he still felt the spirit of his late wife there, as well as the light to read a bit better than he had been able to before hand.

Eri had found four ideal spots in the grounds to plant a small selection of seeds and used water from nearby wells to help them grow. She returned to the kitchen just in time for the evening meal. She heard a couple of the cooks discussing that the King was letting yet another meal grow cold. At that she approached the pair and quietly asked if she could take the King's meal to him and her own. The pair watched her for a moment as if she was strange but none the less passed her a tray laden with the food for them both. She approached the library with a slightly nervous sensation in her stomach and that perhaps he would be angered by what little she had already done.

As she crossed the threshold she watched him a moment with his head lowered and his gaze on a book. She slowly approached the table and slid the tray of food carefully onto the wooden surface. "I hope I am not disturbing Sire." She used the title rather than his name for the moment until she could gauge his reaction better and his personality. "The kitchen staff said you have not eaten yet and it has been a long while since I ate something for me evening meal that was more than bread and basic foods. Would you mind if I joined you??"

The King looked up a s he heard Eri and blinked for a moment as he hear her statement about him not eating. He blushed a great deal at the embarrassment from the fact he had been found out that he had not been eating. He nodded his head as he looked at the food. Eri looked like she was a type of person would was clever in how she put things. She was a smart young woman, Alfred picked up on that pretty quickly now. "Well, it is a rather bad habit that I have, I tend to get really busy and I get side track when I am busy and I tend to forget to eat," he said rubbing the back of his neck as he was still blushing a lot still as he looked down.

"How as your day, was it productive, is there anything I can do to help you while you are here," he asked calmly as he took a bite of the food that had been made for himself as he looked over at Eri. He wasn't sure what she had been up to, but he figured it was important to her, and he knew that she might need his head with some of her work. It would only be correct to offer his help for whatever she happened to be working on. He figured with his help she would be able to get her work done a lot faster and easier, and he just was in general rather curious about the woman as well.

She chuckled faintly as she watched his skin go from pale to dark red within a matter of seconds at her words. "Sorry I did not mean to embarrass you. Your staff are worried you do not eat and they know your traits well. " She spoke openly and honestly, perhaps more than any other had dared to do so with him. Her gaze focused on him as she sat down at the table and began to eat the vegetables on her plate.

"I have spent much of the day just exploring your kingdom truth be told. I find it strange compared to my fathers own. It is oddly cold and dark here." She said the last few words softly and cautiously before she looked up at him discreetly to view his reaction. "In my land..trees grow bright and vibrant. The scent of summer rain and flowers is found in almost every place. It is so full of life but here...everything seems to still be in the depth of winter despite it being mid summer."

The king looked at her and shook his head at her words, "you my lady have not embarrassed me at all, it is kind of them to care for me, and it is kind for you to care enough to bring the food with you," he said with a kind tone as he looked at her, he cared for his people, all of them, and he cared naturally for the woman who was his guest. He looked at the food and took some bites of it as he looked at her, waiting for her reply to his first question. He nodded his head as he listened, he took it all in. He was surprised by a lot of her statements, he hadn't thought that was possible, that it could be like that, he had never heard of anything like it before.

"So, this sounds bad, what can be done to turn things around," he asked looking at her, a serious look on his face, his kingdom, his homeland meant a lot, as did the people who lived in the kingdom. He looked down for a moment as he focused his eyes on his food, he said nothing for a good moment or two as he took a bite, after he played with it with his fork. He than looked at her and focused on her completely as he wanted to talk to her. "Now, what can I do to help, what can the people of my kingdom do to help this land return to how I am guessing based on your words it is suppose to be?"

"A good king always has staff members that seek to care for him rather than wish him ill will." She said the words softly as she continued to eat the well made food. For the first time her body truly felt warm from the inside out. The food was meant to comfort and warm rather than the salads and cold foods she would of been having at home. "It is my pleasure to eat with you Sire. " She turned to her food once more. While he ate little she seemed to eat her food with enjoyment. Unlike many ladies who ate little in front of people she cared little for how much she ate.

She considered his words carefully. "When was the last time you left the castle?" She watched his physical reaction carefully. "When did you last explore beyond the walls here?" She asked both questions softly as she looked out of the window to the already setting sun. The library was already growing rapidly darker. "I hope my cleaning has not disappointed you at all and I made sure to put everything back in order."

Alfred looked at the wise woman who was across from himself and blinked for a moment and then nodded his head in agreement with her. He looked down at his food and took a bite before hearing her second statement, "it is fine, it is nice to have some company for a change," he said honestly as Alfred looked into the soft beautiful eyes of Eri, he could tell she was different. He had noticed something different about her before when they meet. He wasn't sure what it was, actually he had little knowledge about her, his late wife was the one who contacted the uniquely beautiful woman. He had been surprised at the reason, but he figured that she wanted to best for him perhaps, he was still curious about why her, but he was beginning to see thing about her that seemed amazing but only a few of them at this point due to his work.

"1 year, 7 months," he said honestly as he didn't even need to think about it, "I went on a picnic with my late wife, it wasn't that long before she got sick, it was a beautiful day, the sky was a perfect blue, there was light cloud cover and everything seemed to be in bloom that day. I took her to one such part, where we ate in each others company, before making love amongst the flowers," he said not afraid to tell her the fact of what had happened that time before. "You did a good job, and I think you for not moving things around, this was her most beloved place, and I don't want to lose that part of her in myself, if that makes any sense, I am not should it could though."

"That it is. Some of the inns I spent a night or two in were considered a little too dangerous for me to dine in the main room so I ate up stairs alone. It is a wonderful change indeed." She said softly as she watched him in turn to watcher her. He seemed kind and gentle just as she had thought before that he was lost. Lost in loss, lost in despair and maybe even fear though she could not yet understand what he would fear now.

She winced slightly at the length of time he had not left the castle and suddenly understood why his skin was so pale in comparison to his staff whose shades were only a little better than his own. A faint smile touched her lips at the revealing knowledge of one of his memories with his late wife. "Well perhaps a walk out side would do you some good and I am certain the people would welcome the sight of seeing you beyond the castle walls also." She added the last few words quietly. "I understand completely what you mean." She let a few minutes of silence pass before she added her next question. "Would you have some time tomorrow for a walk out side? I could accompany you if you wish."

The King looked at her as he nodded his head, she made a fair point, he could use a trip outside the walls of his home. He looked at her and nodded his head, his voice calmly and smoothing in a way as he looked at her, "yes, then, we shall head out and you shall show me the world a new tomorrow, my lady," he said with a calm and kind tone as he agreed to her statement. He knew that it would be good to spend time with her. She had a good prospective on things one that he wasn't used to at all, well one he hadn't heard in a very long time never the less. He figured that she could help him a great lot with his making this kingdom better, he would depend on her to do so.

"I must leave you, I have to head to bed my lady, thank you for coming, I am most grateful to have you hear, I am sure your people must love you dearly," he said as he kissed the top of her hand before turning and heading out of the room. He walked quickly up to his own room, where he got into bed and fell asleep rather quickly, he was tired from all he had done that day. It had turned out to be a far busier day then he had planned on it being. He was curious as to what the next day would be like, but it would come in time.

Back
Top Bottom