Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Format to keep a longer RP organized

Lily2988

Planetoid
Maybe I'm being a little compulsive about this, but it's driving me crazy that parts of my RP are on IM, parts on PM, with different threads for different characters, and some chunks only in my sent mail, and some only in my inbox.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for keeping it all organized? Paste it into a document every day?

Lily :heart:

RE: Format to keep a longer story organized

Is this an RP or an actual story you are writing? From the sound of it, I'd say an RP because I don't know why you'd write a story on your own in this manner. Also, if this is an RP, is there a reason as to why it is constantly changing up as to where it's being 'played'? I'm assuming it either has to do with story lines within an overall story and thus they are either being written with several different RP partners OR you and your partner just love to write a lot and maybe can't always get together via one medium of writing each day so you have to pick your best option of the moment. Either way... if what I'm saying/concluding is correct then... yes. Your best option would be to paste it all into a document as you go otherwise 1) everything will remain scattered unless you choose a single medium in which to RP and 2) you'll end up overwhelmed by how much you have that's scattered about, which could frustrate you.

It's an RP, sorry, I went back and edited the title. I think of it as a story. :)

It's just one partner but we have limited time together, so sometimes we pm long passages to each other, but we try to get together for intense scenes and write over IM to be more responsive to what the other is doing. Maybe I'm not doing it right, switching between 15 paragraph chunks and one liners. :p

I guess document seems obvious, although it'd be nice if it were somewhere we both could look at it all the time. I did think about making a private blog to keep it all together. I suppose making a thread would accomplish the same thing, although putting it out in public seems scary. I thought maybe other people had some creative solutions I hadn't thought of.

Thanks Darkangel, and btw, your avatar is so beautiful, I keep noticing your posts because of it. Is there a story behind it?

Firstly, that's awesome that you found someone you can be so creative with! Not many are quite so lucky! :)

Secondly, I'd just make a document in whatever format suits you best. It could be Google Docs if you want some privacy, a thread, a blog... whatever works for you and your writing partner.

As for the avatar, the artwork itself is by the artist Victoria Frances. She is simply AMAZING! The graphic design of the avatar and matching sig was done by the very talented Mitsu who is one of the site's Recruiter Artists ;) As for why I chose this particular piece of artwork was simple. It spoke to me on many levels. I love the way the woman looks, her outfit, how she is crying... The picture is titled 'Angel Of Death' actually so she is crying over a small cat she is cradling in her arms. I am a mother and tend to give my heart out to people in varying levels. So, I identify. Then, there is the fact that she resembles the 'darkangel' that is part of my screen name. :) Thanks for asking the question. It's nice to be asked such things from time to time.

Thank again, Darkangel, and I love the avatar even more knowing why she's crying. :)

You're very welcome! And thanks. :) Victoria Frances is a stunning artist. I also recommend checking out Mitsu's thread in Blue Moon Showcase in the Welcome Center here on site.

Back
Top Bottom