Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Should I Write You A Song? [Crusade & Maria1240]

Crusade

Star
Shows and more shows. A worldwide tour. In a different city every night. That seemed to be the norm for Respite, a three-piece band out of Seattle that made it big off of extensive touring, a loyal fan base and an appreciation for good songwriting. The band was a three-piece, led by frontman and lead guitarist Sloan MacKenzie.

Sloan and his boys, drummer Evan and bassist Joe, had met in college and decided then that they were going to pursue music full time after they graduated. They didn't even make it that far. All three dropped out to pursue their dream and it paid. After a few demos and an EP recorded on a local label, word spread of their sound. They were booked at small venues in Washington and soon the demand grew. They were signed to a semi-major label, started recording and most importantly, started touring all over the country.

It didn't take long for their minor successes to become major ones. Eventually, they took their act out of the country. But, even as their popularity grew, the band was indebted to the smaller towns who had helped make them popular. And as this almost yearlong tour rolled to an end, the band decided to make a stop in a small town at a small venue to end their tour.

It was the type of place where people would appreciate them, but they could go out and have a beer without getting hounded too much. And that's exactly what they did. As their tour bus rolled into town on a Friday night, the band decided to hit up one of the local bars just to sit down and enjoy themselves for a while before their show the night after.

Sloan made his way into the bar first and looked around, nodding his approval. Small, intimate. It was nice. He sat down and ordered himself a beer, wearing a button-down flannel and a pair of jeans. Sloan was about 6'3", an imposing frontman with a slender built and short brown hair. His blue eyes were so pale that they almost appeared translucent.

He gave the entire bar a once over and was pleasantly surprised that only a couple people approached him for pictures. What a welcome change. He never turned down fans. After all, without them, he'd be nothing. After posing for a picture, Sloan sat back down and took a sip of his beer. Just a relaxing Friday night.

Zoey Stryker had been looking forward to this night for months. She had a count down till the day of her favorite band's, Respite, concert in her small town right outside of Seattle. She saw them with a few friends in college as they had a small free show at their college. Ever since then, she's been in love with them. She's followed their music and growth in the music industry. She was so happy her small band had reach major popularity across the country, but still modest enough to play in small venues, which was the only thing she could afford with all of her college loans.

Zoey went with two of best girl friends, Natalie and Kenzie. She had slowly convinced them to start listening to them and now they were in love with the rock band just as much as she was. They had gotten floor seats near the back, but manage to creep up to the front of the stage. During the show, Zoey had her eyes on Respite's lead singer and guitarist Sloan. Man did she have the biggest crush on him. The concert was incredible, being the last one of their tour they gave it their all. It was around midnight when the show ended and everyone was heading home. Zoey and her friends headed to one of their favorite bars that they were regulars there.

Zoey sat at the end of the bar with her friends sipping on her soda-vodka drink as they all were still spilling about how awesome the show was. She was wearing a loose black tank top with gold studs on the neck line. She had a pair of white skinny jeans on and black heeled boots. She was only 5'5 with a skinny but toned body. Her brunette hair was long and straight, resting on the middle of her back. Her vibrant green eyes were the first to notice Respite walk into the bar. A few fans took pictures with them, but Zoey was afraid to go walk straight up to them. With encouragement from her friends, she asked the bar tended to buy the band a round of beers from her and her friends. She watched nervously from across the bar as the bartender brought them the beer, then pointed over at her. She gave a shy wave, her tongue all twisted up with nerves.

Sloan was accustomed to attention from fans, but them buying the band drinks was something that rarely happened. After all, they were the millionaires. Regular Joe's usually didn't feel obligated to spend money on them. That's why when the bartender let them know where the beers came from, Sloan's eyes widened.

As he looked over in the direction of the tender's hand, he was surprised to find it a very attractive woman. Her shy wave was adorable and Sloan couldn't help but smile at her. He took the beer she'd bought him and raised his glass in appreciation before motioning her over to him. He had a stool to his right open and he wanted to thank her properly for her generosity and reimburse her for the price of the drinks since it was totally unnecessary.

Sloan found the small-town vibe of the place really refreshing. It was nice not having to worry about constantly being hounded. Even after a fairly big show, the guys weren't lauded or put on a pedestal. They were just some guys who just so happen to frequent magazine covers and make platinum records. It was the part of stardom Sloan really had trouble getting used to. Although he was a confident, loud individual on occasion, it was hard becoming accustomed to all of the attention. A kind gesture like a bought beer was one he could appreciate, though. Especially from a good-looking woman.

Zoeys heart rate sped up as she saw Sloan look over at her with wide eyes. Oh god. He was actually acknowledging her! This was insane for her. It even got better as he gave that sly smile that made her heart melt every time she saw it on some new magazine. When he motioned her over to have a seat next to her, she practically fainted. This was too surreal for her. A super star wanted to talk to her!

She turned back to her friends and they just cheered her on to go. Zoey wasn't that outgoing as a girl. She never did anything like buying drinks for a guy. She just thought the bartender wouldn't point them out. So now she was going to go talk to an extremely handsome guy...who also happened to be a rockstar. Her nerves were getting to her as she lifted up her drink and finished it all, hoping the liquor would calm her and get her to loosen up.

She tried to confidently walk over to him, like she had talked to thousands of guys before. That was a total lie, but she definitely was not gonna let him know that. As she took a seat next to Sloan, she was grinning from ear to ear. She too a deep breath before saying anything. "Hi, I'm Zoey. You had an amazing show tonight. So I thought I could thank you with a beer." She spoke a little too quickly, obviously nervous. Her cheeks blushed a rosy red at her embarrassment. She must be coming off as such a fool right now.

Sloan was used to attention from fans after such lengthy tours, from having bras and panties thrown at him on stage to shy girls just cutely asking for a picture or an autograph. Regardless of what actually happened, the attention was always nice and with Zoey's arrival, Sloan had another adoring fan to talk to.

She seemed shy, but she had a nice exuberance about her and she was incredibly sexy. She was the type of girl who didn't realize just how attractive she was and Sloan loved that. He smiled when she sat down and introduced herself. She was talking so fast, it was almost hard to decipher what she was saying, but he got the gist of it.

"Well, Zoey, I appreciate the beer, but you didn't have to do that. I'm just glad you enjoyed the show. We love playing smaller venues. I mean, yeah, it's nice playing in front of tens of thousands, but being able to actually look out and see almost everyone's face at a show, that's a good feeling."

Sloan didn't want her to be nervous. He reached over and placed his hand on her thigh for a moment. "Relax. We're just talking. Okay?" he asked, giving her a reassuring smile as his hand left her thigh for his beer, which he took a long swig of. "You and your friends doing anything fun tonight besides the bar?" he asked, liking to turn the attention away from himself sometimes.

Zoey watched as Sloan reached down and placed his large hand on her thigh. She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as she blushed, but she wanted to hide it from him. She looked down at his hand till she felt the heat disappear. As she looked down, she listened to him. As a rockstar, Zoey would only assume large venues would be extremely stressful as you are trying to impress a lot of fans. With smaller venues, it was so much better for the fan. They could actually call out to the band...and they could hear them! It was just more fun for the fan at smaller venues, or at least that's what Zoey thought.

After a few seconds, she looked back up. She gave Sloan a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I'm not used to talking to rockstars all the time," She brushed her hair out of her face before continuing. "It's fine, really. One beer isn't going to hurt me. It's the thought that counts, right? And the excuse to say hi to you, too." She smirked a little at him, watching his hand slide away from her thigh.

When he asked about her friends, she turned back to them. They were all giving her silent cheers and thumbs up. She laughed slightly before turning back to him. "Not that I know of. How about you?" She wanted to play it off cool. She was still unsure if he was only amusing her to thank her for the free beer. Who knew, though.

Sloan couldn't help but get a good look at Zoey as she sat beside him at the bar. She had small town charm with killer good looks. Her green eyes were the first thing that stood out, but she was just all around beautiful. He was used to seeing all sorts of women on tour, but Zoey really impressed.

"Well, we're really not all that familiar with the area. I mean, we were here a few years ago when we were just starting out, but this time's a little different. We usually just end up heading back to the tour bus and partying there a bit. If you and your friends want to come, you're more than welcome. It's a pretty big bus and I think you'd enjoy yourself. All the beer, liquor and drugs you could ever want. And me...I'll be there," he said with a smirk, taking a sip of his beer as he looked into Zoey's eyes.

Sloan would be the first to admit. He had a bit of a drug problem. Cocaine was his vice and he didn't want word spreading about it. He didn't know why he was so open with sharing the fact that there were drugs on the bus. Maybe it was the fact that he was itching for a score right then and there. His leg was bouncing beneath the bar and he felt really wired. He needed a fix soon. He just hoped at the very least, Zoey would join him on the bus.

Zoey couldn't help but stare into Sloan's uniquely pale blue eyes. She had always been a sucker for blue eyes. It didn't help that her rockstar crush had them AND good looks. It was double trouble for her. Especially when he made the offer for her and her two friends to join him for an after party on his tour bus. Well, that part sounded awesome. One word that stuck out to her was drugs. The only drug Zoey had ever used with pot, which was the most generic of them all. She had heard stories from tabloids about rockstars always becoming addicted to hard core drugs, so she was nervous about going onto a bus that was possibly full of them.

"Hmm, now that does sound very tempting. Especially the part about you," She smirked back at him. She had no idea where this flirtatiousness came from, but she sure as hell wasn't going to stop herself. "Lemme just go check with my friends if they are in." And with that, she got up and walked back over to her friends. After a minute or two of discussing, they walked back over to her, standing behind her. "Their up for a party. Are your bandmates okay with them tagging along?" She asked as she sat back down in front of Sloan.

To be honest, the butterflies in Zoey's stomach were fluttering around like crazy. She had never been to any big parties. Though the tour bus isn't that big, it had some very famous people on it. With one she had been dying to meet for years. Now was her opportunity to go party with him. She hoped he was into her. It did seem like it, but that could of been his appeal. After all, he had thousands of women drooling over him.

"Yeah, sure. Do what you gotta do," Sloan said nonchalantly as he watched Zoey get up and talk to her friends. If they were like most of the band's fans, he knew they would be down for a little partying. When Zoey returned, he grinned and nodded his head approvingly. There were going to have a lot of fun.

Respite was the type of band to fit into the rock star way of living, aside from them playing smaller venues. The band loved to party and loved a good time. They dabbled into drugs a bit, but they hadn't gotten out of hand yet. They just really enjoyed playing music, interacting with fans and having a good time. Yes, Sloan found Zoey very attractive and she seemed like a sweet girl, but initially he saw her more as just a good time hook up than anything else. It was sad that that was his mindset going in, but he needed someone to calm him down. Could she be that girl?

"Of course they're alright with it. Three beautiful women in our tour bus sounds like one hell of a good time," Sloan said, polishing off the last of his beer before pulling out a hefty sum of cash to cover their expenses. "How about we all get out of here? The bus is around back. If you know of any secluded spots, we can post up there for the night. I mean, if you want to stay with us for the night?" he suggested with a grin.

Zoey's two friends behind her giggled nervously at Sloan's compliment towards them. They were so nervous but excited to be partying with the band. Hell, who wouldn't be?! It's a cool thing to be able to say I partied with Respite when they were in their prime. Zoey just smiled back at him and watched him polish off his beer then whip out a hefty amount of cash. Holy shit. She had never had a lot of money. She was only a kindergarden teacher, so she never was loaded with money. She loved her job, but she knew she needed to land a higher paying teaching job. Oh well, that didn't matter right now.

"There's an abandoned shopping complex a mile away from here. You guys can post up the back of the tour bus behind there. No one will bother us there." She smiled at him. Her two girlfriends went to go talk to Sloan's other two band members, introducing themselves, leaving Zoey and Sloan to talk. "Hmm. You're going to have to convince me to stay the night on the bus with you." Zoey winked at him as she grabbed her purse from the bar stool. "Ready to leave?"

Zoey wasn't sure what Sloan expected from her for tonight. She wasn't the type of girl to do a one night stand. She wasn't against hooking up, but going all the way on the first date wasn't her style. Even if this wasn't a date, she knew how famous guys were. They wanted sex, just like everyone else, but it was easier for them to get it. Zoey would just go with the flow and have fun. That was the point of going to a party, wasn't it?! Besides, she would probably never see Sloan after tonight ever again. Might as well make it count.

"Mm, I think I can do that," Sloan said in regards to making her want to stay the night. He had a few ideas in mind, but he wouldn't employ those until later. The back of the shopping complex sounded like a perfect place to post up for the night. They just needed a place with some privacy where they wouldn't be hounded by other fans for the night. Sometimes, they chose to stay in hotels, but in a small town like this, it never really crossed their mind.

"Yeah, let's get out of here," Sloan said to his new friend. He took hold of her hand and led her out of the bar, around to where the bus was parked. It was a large, coach sized bus with a couple of bunks that the other guys used exclusively and a master suite that Sloan occupied. He reasoned he got the larger room because he was the brainchild behind the band and wrote all the songs. Plus he sang and played guitar. The guys weren't exactly happy with it, but they couldn't argue, either. There was also a small kitchen area and a lounge. The space was pretty killer.

When Sloan entered the bus with Zoey, he looked to their driver, Lenny. "Len, about a mile up is an old shopping complex. Post up around back. Thanks, man," he said, before leading Zoey back towards the lounge. He nodded to the bar and smiled. "Anything else to drink? We got just about everything."

Zoey smirked at Sloan's remark to her staying the night. "I'm curious to see what you have up your sleeve." She really want to see what he would do once they were aboard the bus. For most girls, just being able to get on the bus was the ticket into their pants. He was a rockstar, after all. Zoey, however, liked to make guys work for it. She was curious of Sloan would truly put in the effort to get with her.

Her heart skipped a best still as Sloan grabbed her hand and lead her out of the bar. Alright...she was still a little nervous. How many times had she dreamed of this happening before? Now that it was reality was too surreal for her. She followed Sloan out of the bar and thankfully no one was out to notice them. She saw how the paparazzi hounded celebrities just for holding hands. She was not okay with her face being plastered all over the tabloids.

She was in awe once she got in the tour bus. It was like a mini lavish apartment! Her friends and the other Bandmates snuck in behind them, instantly taking over the couch as the already had drinks with them. "Wow, this is a pretty amazing bus. I wouldn't mind touring on this." She smiled at him as she leaned over at the bar's mini fridge, grabbing a beer. "What's your poison?" She smiled, referring to the numerous amount of alcohol. Zoey leaned back against the bar, waiting for Sloan's answer.

Just the fact that Zoey took a beer on her own impressed Sloan. It was showing that she was letting her guard down and was ready to enjoy their night together. That was important. Uptight women really never enjoyed themselves around the band and it was a relief to see Zoey wasn't that type. He smirked when she mentioned what his poison was.

"I'm a tequila man, myself. That and whisky, but let's start us off with a shot of Patron. What do you say?" he asked, grinning as he fetched the bottle of tequila and two shot glasses. He was sure his bandmates and Zoey's friends would be indulging as well, but he was solely focused on Zoey at the moment. He poured the two shots and handed one to his date.

"Down the hatch," he said, clinking their glasses before he took the shot, downing it with ease. He then made his way back over to the bar, opening a secret compartment. When opened, he pulled out a plastic bag with white powder in it and held it up for Zoey to see.

"How about doing a line with me?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

Sloan seemed to be surprised by Zoey openly going to grab her desired drunk. She wondered if all the other girls he had been with always said some ditzy response like "I'll get whatever you like, Sloan!" Nope. She needed a nice, cold beer to relax and enjoy herself. Zoey did smile slightly as he smirked, seemingly impressed by her witty question.

"I don't think I can turn down a shot of tequila." She grinned at him as she watch him grab the bottle and two shot glasses. She glanced over at her friends on the couch with the two other band members. They were clearly enjoying the luxuries of the tour bus owned by the famous band. They were laughing and getting very snuggled up with the band members. So once Sloan gave her the shot, she quickly drank it. She made a sour face after. She wasn't much of a tequila person, but once in a while it wasn't bad to have.

Then she watched as Sloan opened up a secret compartment in his fridge. What on earth could that be for?! Then she saw the white power. Cocaine. Shit she should of saw that coming. She stayed there as Sloan offered her a line of his drug. "Uh, no thanks. That's not my cup of tea." Zoey answered hesitantly. She was NOT getting herself mixed up in that heavy duty drug. But she wanted to stay and party with Sloan, so she tried to play it off cool. Inside, her stomach was twisting in knots as she was nervous of being caught.

Sloan should have known Zoey wasn't going to be the type of girl to indulge in coke. She was a small town girl who probably never saw the drug in person, let alone tried it. He didn't like to think he had a problem. He tried using only socially, but it was getting to the point where he was needing fixes. He knew he was in a dangerous spot, but the high was so fucking good, he just couldn't resist. And he had always been brazen about his drug use, flashing it in the face of those who could have easily turned him on. He had a problem, but was afraid to admit it.

When she turned him down, he nodded and excused himself for a moment. He took the baggy with him into the small bathroom. It held a small sink, a stand up shower and a toilet. There was no room to do much else, but it was the only place of refuge he could find at the moment. Pouring a good amount onto the counter top, he pulled out his wallet. Using one of his many credit cards, he fixed a line and then rolled up a $100 bill he had in there as well. That would be the mechanism to snort the fine powder. "Here goes nothing," he murmured to himself as he always did and snorted the fairly thick line with ease, looking at his reflection in the mirror. His face was a little red, as was his nose which he proceeded to dab at with his palm. "Fuck yes," he muttered, grinning at his reflection before pocketing the wallet and its contents to head back out to Zoey.

"Sorry about that. You wanna sit somewhere a little more private? Let them have their space?" he asked, nodding in the direction of his bandmates and Zoey's friends who were obviously hitting it off as well. It was time he got closer to Zoey. She seemed like fun, even if she wouldn't participate in his extracurriculars.

Back
Top Bottom