Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anita Blake- Vampire Series

littletiger420

Planetoid
So is anyone else a Anita Blake series fanatic? Isn't her books just awesome? What is your favorite lycanthrope, whose your favorite vampire, are you pro Richard or Jean-Claude

I love Laurel K. Hamilton, and have met her.

I hate that an animated series is most likely the only way her work will get airtime, seeing as that "Mary Sue garbage" was given movie form....

As for pro-any male... I have always had issues with Richard... as I do with Ronny Sims. Having talked to the woman herself on several occasions, I can say that, yes, with both of those characters, she is making statements about the hypocrisies of both genders...

I only read like... the first three(?) books, but I LOVED the universe. Her take on a world where supernatural creatures not only exist, but are a part of everyday society, seems pretty spot-on to how I would imagine things would be. It's a world that I'd RP in with the right partner in a heartbeat.

I agree with you, PMS (just shortening.. lol). Some writers in that genre go a bit further than she does, and a bit more than needed, but she, like Charlaine Harris and a few others, add just enough.

Queenofwolves, it is my pleasure to be another fan, and I hate I can never get anyone to do a serious rp set in the Anitaverse. Breaks my heart really.

I read a few of the graphic novels. I like the universe, and how the supernatural is presented. The vampires are more realistic then the sparkles in sunlight crap.

However, I like Edward. Anyone who can put the fear of death into the undead is alright in my books.

I loved the earlier books but I feel like the later ones lose the plot. However I loved Jean-Claude and Nathaniel, Richard annoyed me greatly. The were-rats were awesome.

I am glad I am not the only fan. Glad to read all your thoughts even though I didn't start this thread.

Dragonlore, I admit that I understand your point of view. I think what Laurel is trying to convey is that everything, even sex, has a spiritual/supernatural connotation to it.

BTW.. If anyone knows where I can get someone to do color pics of Anita for me, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom