Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shimmy Shimmy. (Everyday musings...witty banter always welcome)

Moving update: I am moved into my grandma's. Not officially, I mean I will be sleeping here, I have my TV here and all that stuff but my actual furniture and other stuff won't be here for another few weeks. It's all still a transition but the major moving day is over. Which means the next time moving day happens, I won't be lugging shit in and out of my car xD

Here’s a new update for my partners:

Gonna be finishing up with wrapping up the house on Sunday. So from now until then, I will do my best to get replies out. I start school on this coming Tuesday so I want to be all caught up before then because that weekend after school starts, I have my praxis exam. So until the praxis is over, I won’t be doing much role playing because I will be studying. So hopefully I can keep my end of the deal and get replies out asap! <3

Thanks for being such awesome partners, lovers <3 You all are the best ^^

So...Had my first ever panic attack today. That was nice >.<
If that's not an indicator enough, I'm really stressed out about the Praxis and to sweeten it, my entire graduation capability is dependent on this semester alone. If I want to graduate by the Fall of 2018 that is. So...yay for a stressful semester.

I'm at least hoping that once Saturday is done with, that is the day of the Praxis exam, I can breathe again. I find myself constantly taking deep breaths because it feels like I can't breathe >.< Fucking stress. And I don't ever stress! And you'd think I would know better than to stress since I saw what it did to my mom but nooooooooooo. Like mother, like daughter I will stress the fuck out >.< Make it go away.

I need lots of good vibes and wishes. Tell me I will do just fine on the exam >.< I know that's asking a lot but I need to read it. It seems everyone has faith in me but me. Help me :[

Keep taking those deep breaths, and remind yourself that you know it's exam stress, and your mind attempting to play tricks on you, but you've endured that before, and come out the other side. Also, try some positive self-reinforcement, and take confidence from the awesome results you got last semester; you got those grades for a reason. I have faith that you'll do even better than fine, love, and then, once Saturday is done, it'll all be over. All of my good vibes and best wishes are with you.

I have no doubt you'll do well, but you gotta try to not stress about it too much. Stress and panic sets you up to fail as you start second-guessing yourself. Every so often when you're studying...take a breather, listen to a few calming songs (I'd suggest classical music or soundtracks - not pop or rock, but whatever works for you)m then get back to it. Best of luck to you. :)

PS: you gotta help me out, here - what are Praxis exams? To me, Praxis is a moon of Qo'nos, the Klingon homeworld... >.>

@ Quix: Thanks love. That’s what my adviser told me today too. She has so much faith in me with how much my GPA spiked after the previous semester. I am .15 points away from getting off probation and I am .10 points above the benchmark of 2.5. So I’m getting there! Everything else is just going to be an uphill swing from here on. You’re right. Thanks. All the faith I can get helps boost my confidence.

@ Sync: Thanks :) I have been listening to Indian music. It’s been amazing in keeping me calm and centered. Nothing better than Shreya Goshal, Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan and their amazing voices in my ears all week. But tonight was just kind of the culmination of all the stress and fear. I am trying to stay calm and positive. It just happened that I kind of lost in while on the phone with my dad after my evening class tonight. It’s all just so overwhelming >.<

The praxis exams are basically the exams needed for certification and licensure for teaching. In my case, the exam I am taking is the Praxis Core which is needed to apply for full major in the education program. Kind of like the equivalent of the MCATs for med school, LSATs for law school or the GRE for the grad school for English Majors. The way I see it, it’s like an entrance exam. By getting the passing scores needed on the Praxis Core, I will be able to apply for full major and get on my way to my practicum, a three-semester course that culminates in the third semester with student teaching.

So it has a dual meaning. It’s a gut-wrenching exam and also the moon of Qo’nos of the Klingon homeworld xP

You're definitely getting there. The other thing is, as important as the Praxis is, try not to place too much emphasis on that aspect of it, or the thought that "I need to pass, otherwise that's it." Because focusing on the consequences when, even in the worst-case scenario, it's not, and there's still light at the end of the tunnel, can just create additional pressure. Anyways, I'm sure you're going to ace it first-time around, xD

In case it wasn’t obvious by my replies to the birthday wishes I’m receiving today, I’m a bit bummed on my birthday. I don’t particularly feel like celebrating. I’m not allowed to eat cake. Apparently baking two cakes in the past three months means that I have been doing nothing but sitting around, eating cake, and getting fatter from all the sweets I apparently have been consuming.

I got body-shamed by some members of my extended family a week ago. I've been body-shamed my entire life; I've been a chubby child for as long as I can remember. Just never expected to be body-shamed by my own family. I think that's worse than when strangers do it. Who cares what strangers say? I don't know them and don't really care to. But family...

And that was a week before I went out to California to visit my dad and brother for my birthday. Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time with them there. My dad made sure this year’s family birthday dinner celebration did not go like last year. Last year, it was just a month and fourteen days after my mom died. During dinners, she and I would always talk and my dad and brother would always talk. They usually talked about politics and me and my mom would normally talk about food--what we would order and then based off the items on the menu, talk about other dishes that came to mind. Last year, Mom wasn’t there. So my dad and brother spent the entire dinner talking about the upcoming election and politics. And I asked them to please change the subject. But they wouldn’t. They insisted I become part of it, to learn to become part of conversations. So I tried and my political views are very different from my dad and brother’s. And they didn’t like it. My dad decided to just stay silent but my brother challenged me. And because I didn’t know how to answer, I wanted to just remove myself from the conversation, a conversation I didn’t want to be part of to begin with. And that apparently opened up the line for my brother to tell me that I can’t shut down in conversations, that I should ask questions. I told him I asked if he and Dad would stop talking about politics just for the remainder of the dinner.

It ended up spiraling out of control and I went to the bathroom and hid out there for the rest of the dinner and just cried, asking why my mom had to leave me with these two idiot, stubborn Indian men.

Thankfully, this year there was no repeat of last year. I had an amazing birthday celebration. I was sung happy birthday twice at the restaurant, much to my dismay. Lol, in the moment it was embarrassing but as I look back on it, it was really nice and made me feel special that night.

But now that the day of is actually here...I feel like I already celebrated my birthday. Anything else would just be overkill. Or potentially a disaster. I was talking to my dad today as I was walking to my car after my evening class. I told him that if they bring out a cake at Saturday’s dinner, I’m walking out. Because it’s not fair. It’s not fair that I have been told I don’t dress myself properly, it’s not fair that I have been told I can’t even enjoy baking, the other thing next to writing that really soothes me because I shouldn’t be making all those sugary sweets that no one wants, and it’s not fair that the assumption has been made that all I do is eat cakes when I have been busting my ass to regulate my schedule, have a better sleeping schedule and basically eat nothing but rabbit food all day, everyday. I don’t want to lose fifty pounds in a month or six months. That’s unhealthy. I want to lose weight healthily, naturally and slowly because you know what, when that fat gets burned off too quickly, all that’s left is saggy skin. And if it’s too much of a drastic weight loss, no amount of toning will tone that saggy skin. Only reconstructive surgery will. And I don’t want that.

I know I’m doing this to myself; being sad over this, being upset because I was body-shamed. I should just let it go but I can’t. And that’s my own fault, I know that. I just thought family would be the one group of people that would just accept the people in their family, that they supposedly love. Especially Hindus, as far as I know of course--I don't mean to add insult to other religions or beliefs. I remembered my parents telling me that the greatest thing about being a Hindu is you don’t need to believe in god and you don’t need to be Indian to be Hindu. What does that mean? Hinduism accepts all. And yet people are not accepting. My family is not accepting. But my mom was. Always.

I found a picture of me, my mom and my brother from way back when. I was a really chubby kid. And I hated how I looked in the picture. But what made it okay was the way that my mom looked down at me in that picture. She didn’t care that her daughter was chubby and pudgy and leering over a delicious cake that she made. She looked down at me with the most adoration and love.

I guess...despite the great celebration I had with my dad and brother, when the day of comes, I just always get sad now. Like last year and like this year. She never forgot my birthday. She was always there for every one. Even when I lived away from her when I moved to Tennessee for two years, she wasn’t there but she made it amazing just by calling. She always called me on my birthday, even if I was in the house with her. And she’s not here to call me.

Plus...on a more comedic note, what’s the fun in celebrating birthdays once you’ve turned 21? Lol. After that, it’s just a reminder you get older. I probably sound so ungrateful right now. I had a great celebration with my dad and brother last weekend. That was enough. I just...I don’t want to do anything more. I’m afraid that anything more will ruin what an amazing time I had this year. I’m afraid that today/tomorrow and Saturday will erase the amazing weekend I had with my dad and brother and next year, I’ll look back on this year and think ‘Goodness, what a sucky birthday.’ And I don’t want that because it wasn’t sucky. I’m just afraid it will be.

Please don’t think I’m ungrateful. I’m so grateful for all the birthday wishes I’ve already gotten today. I want cake but I am going to be better to myself and not indulge. And I really don’t like alcohol no more, save for a yummy cocktail every once in a blue moon ^^ I’m working hard and I know that. Everyone else can go jump up their asses because they don’t care to notice anything outside of their own deluded lives. And by everyone else I mean my extended family here in Vegas. That does not include my grandmother. I never considered extended. She was always immediate because like my mom, she had been there since the day I was born and if there is anyone other than my mom and boyfriend who really get me, outside of my friends, it’s my grandma.

Sorry for this long ass, potentially petulant and childish selfish and ungrateful rant. I’m malicious. Lol. No, I just needed to vent. I think I had it bottled up and not properly spoken. Neither did I really get it out of my system. I think I have now. And I'm gonna get cupcakes because it's my birthday dammit! There should be some kind of cake! Gonna stay positive. And confident. Confidence is key!

I love all my favorite people. You know who you are. Thank you <3

I am potentially having a rough week with school. Depending on how tonight goes with homework, that will determine when I reply to role plays. If I am able to get done what I wanted to get done, then I will be able to reply starting tomorrow. If I don't, I may still reply tomorrow but it will be a little slower. My grammar class is kicking my ass and I just have a lot due this week and I am trying to do as much as I can for my group. Just bare with me please guys. I shouldn't be much longer <3

As always, take as long as you need! Just promise not to use all that new-found grammar knowledge against me, xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
-grumbles- Is this punishment for not replying to our role play? Because that's just a real low blow! You know how much I love the spanks! D:

No...I would never do anything nasty to you just because you took your time, for whatever reason, responding to our RP.

Withholding spankings because it's fun, and the torment can lead to greater fun later on...that's different. ;)

Back
Top Bottom