Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Different names for the same thing

Irlandais

Planetoid
I was writing a post today and I came across a little problem, I'm surprised I haven't noticed it before now to be honest but I was hoping that this thread might provide a little of an answer to me and anyone else who has had the same issue. I consider myself reasonably well versed in the english language with a good vocabulary and grammar, but I realized that I have a blind spot:

I don't know any other words for nipple! I know what you're thinking, how is that a problem? Well, go ahead and try writing something descriptive without using any synonyms or the word 'it' every other sentence. It quickly gets boring and feels a bit clinical. So, I was hoping this thread could be a way for people to share what words they like to use in descriptions, as well as make requests of their own if they find a similar problem.

To start us of then:

What word(s) do you use as synonyms for nipple?

Well a lot of times, descriptions are best when you get more colorful. Using metaphors can help bring in diversity. I mean, one thing I DON'T like about a lot of trashy romance is that they NEVER call a penis a penis or a cock or a dick. But once you've identified the "nipple" then it's okay to start calling it other things and describe rather than continue to catalog it.

A few words or descriptions I use for nipple:

nub
teat
button
knob
pupil
pacifier
halo
excited little erection of flesh that I clamp between my teeth playfully

Some I use more than others. Seriously, though. What the hell are you doing to it that you need more description words than that and risk becoming repetitive? Give it a rest, man and leave the damn thing alone!

Leave nipples alone?! I refuse!

That being said you made a good point with the metaphor comment, that might actually work a lot better than just trying to expand on the number of words in the book. Teat just makes me think of a baby bottle...massive mood killer for a 24 year old guy.

Thanks!

I always just use nipples, but if you are including the aeriola as well then you could also use "Dimes" and "Shiners".

Back
Top Bottom