Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Godzilla Remake

So, a Godzilla remake is on the horizon and frankly? I'm looking forward. I found a trailer and frankly it's gotten my attention. I saw the teaser and found it to be very ominous. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Godzilla

I look forward to seeing it, but I am worried about something. While Godzilla is present in the trailer, there are also a lot of human people, and I'm afraid that the movie will put too much development into the humans when all we care about is Godzilla. I know that there were previous Godzilla movies that had a lot of human development like the Biollante movie and the original Godzilla, but those were made by the original Japanese studio. I believe this one is made by Americans, and sadly they don't have a good track record when it comes to Godzilla so far *cough* Godzilla 1998 *cough*

That being said, I will still see this movie, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it.

I dunno, the film seems to be more militaristic... not that that's bad but... I dunno I kind of want to be excited but I'm sort of hesistant...

The teaser trailer was god-damn incredible, plenty ominous as the story's general setting appears to be more 'underground' oriented... Possibly set up around the AFTERMATH of a huge godzilla attack on the nation. With soldiers possibly going in to maybe attack Godzilla or rescue the survivors on the surface. Seeing as how they're bringing back the semi-classic Godzilla look, I had this huge wave of initial nostalgia hit me... but I'm not sure about the movie in general... It CERTAINLY seems far more promising than the last Godzilla movie, but.. I'm not sure if it'll hold too well since we're all kind of 'spoiled' by CGI nowadays, we keep demanding a bit too much on some parts, I mean THAT MUCH we have to admit, even if I also love quality.

Maybe something like 'Godzilla v. Space Godzilla'? Or something like 'Godzilla v. Kingidora'? I'd actually be a pretty interesting thing to see one of the classic monsters coming back- Or maybe the plot itself is set up after a nuclear fall out, Godzilla resulting from that fallout along with other huge beasts... Sort of like... Pacific Rim without the huge ass robots...

Though the chances of what I suggested happening are pretty low..

I'm actuallly looking forward for the new Godzilla (which I can tell it's probably going to be slightly better than the last one). However, they could of shown the Godzilla more better if it wasn't for the smoke or whatever you want to call it. It was basically showing the humans. But still, I still want to see it. Got some good features.

I have a feeling this is going to be a good one. =3

I think they can deliver with the CGI. I liked Pacific Rim, I thought the monster scenes were great, so it looks like we can deliver with that. And the design on Godzilla looked good, it made me want to watch old Godzilla movies again. I just got worried when I saw all of those human characters throughout the trailer as well. It might be just me, but I just don't care about the human characters in a giant monster movie. I want to see the giant monster be a giant monsters. I don't want to see a movie that tries to force me to care about humans that aren't all that interesting to begin with. I don't want to see some forced romance, I don't want to see some douche bag military guy talking about how he'll take out the monster, I don't want to wait for about 20 minutes of the movie and still get no giant monster. I'm fine with them showing the humans panicking and trying to deal with the monster attacks and I'm fine with the movie showing us how the military plans to counter Godzilla, just don't go overboard.

I don't know Pretty... I mean that IS the intention of it being called a TEASER trailer... and we can see pretty clearly that based on the sillouette it's going to be a revamp of the classic Godzilla look... And looking at the trailer again... It actually looks like what I said may be happening... The movie LOOKS like it'll be primarilly set during a huge fall out or aftermath of the Godzilla attack and by the looks of it... It looks pretty much... 'nucleared' or at least devastated to such a degree that they need gasmasks and suits to keep either radiation or harmful particles out.

*crosses fingers that this spawns a new-age Godzilla series instead of just one movie*

I loved those old, terribly-dubbed movies as a kid. An endless series of modern films with real actors would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom