Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Sucks (Mercenary+Shani)

"Actually, no, there isn't more to me. That practically has been my life ever since the orphanage. I mean, I guess I like a couple of things. My favorite color is green, I don't really have a favorite food. I like you, does that count?" Jacques said to her as they walked.

"Oh...it's sad that it's all you've ever really known..." She said walking along. "Green is a lovely color, I enjoy blue, and red..." She smiled then looked at him, "Yeah...I guess that counts. What about your dreams? What hope for the future do you have?" She asked him curiously.

"I guess maybe for once I'd like to settle down for awhile. Love someone who felt the same way about me as I did them. Maybe even marry." Jacques told her, shrugging.

Satine smiled brightly at him knowing he had some sort of soft side. "How sweet... marriage is a wonderful thing, shared by two souls. It's rather beautiful really." She replied Satine missed when she was married, but had been widowed for the past 5 centuries. "Do you have a favorite animal?"

"Never really thought of one. I guess falcons are pretty cool." Jacques said, shrugging. "And if you ask me for a favorite team, I've rarely ever had tv, so I don't follow sports." he told her.

Satine nodded her head when he said that falcons were pretty cool. Looking at him curiously when he mentioned about a favorite team. "Oh I wouldn't know I've never watched sports...." She replied. Satine was beginning to run out of things to ask him about.

"I think that's all for now I think..." She wasn't sure if there was anything else to know or that he want to tell her. Looking around trying to see where they were, then she recognized the area and smiled. "This way..." She said leading onward into the woods. Coming to a spring with various rock formations and a water fall. "This is my favorite place, it's still untouched no one seems to know that it's here." She said smiling brightly at him excited never having anyone to show.

Jaacques followed her, pushing through the brush until they got to where she wants. "I have to admit, it is really nice. Seems kind of like a romantic-y spot, though." He said up her.

Satine continued to smiled this place always made her happy, maybe because it was similar to her unchanged. She shrugged slightly, "I normally come here to think, the sound of the water relaxes me as does the wild life." Satine wasn't thinking about that but looking around he ws right it was rather romantic.

"So, what do you do hear anyway? Just sit and think?" Jacques asked her, walking up behind her as he looked around. It was very beautiful and secluded at the same time.

Satine looked at him, "Just that, I come here to think and relax, When the city is too close I come out here for it's stillness, quiet, it's beauty...I would swim...but I don't know how to...So I normally find a rock and sit for awhile watch the wildlife run about." It wasn't very exciting but it was what she did.

"It dues seem like a place that you could just sit and stare." Jacques said with a shrug. He went and sat on one of the rocks protruding from the ground.

"Well...What else is an old vampire supposed to do? I peer through windows, watching life go by, I sit and watch the rain, all there is to do is watch and wait...We aren't apart of normal society... What I wouldn't give to see the sun rise and sun set, t fel it's warm glow on my face...a feeling I've not felt in many a moon...To see colors as they are but I see them when they are dark and dim." She went on then went to sit next to him on the rock.

"Well, I'm sorry, but there's not much I can do for you there. I wish I could help you, but I'm not good at giving people warmth, let alone the Sun's warmth to a vampire. But if there is something I can do, don't hesitate to ask." Jacques told her.

"I know there's nothing you can do...obviously it's not your fault I'm stuck like this...Plus the sun will kill or seriously hurt me, so I'm unable to ever feel it. I don't need anything Jacques...You don't owe me anything...but if something comes up I'll let you know." She said then going quiet as she sat there.

"Come on, Satine. There has to been something you've been craving for a long time. Something I can do fit you. I'm tired of not being able to repay you." Javques told he honestly, looking up at her.

Satine looked at him smiling still. "You've already given it to me Jacques...companionship, a friend, someone to talk to. If not that then I'm sure one day I will need you're help." She said, gently leaning her head to rest on his shoulder.

"Well, as long as you're happy with me here, I guess that's good enough for me." Jacques said as she leaned her head on his shoulder. After a little bit, he head tilted to lean against hers almost subconsciously.

"I am Jacques I'm very happy that you're here," She said smiling, Satine felt needed again he needed a place to stay and they both needed the company. She felt less alone with him there with her. Feeling his head lean on hers, Satine smiled he hand moved to rest on top of his.

"Ever think of finding someone else again?" Jacques asked her out of the blue, staring forward. He had to admit, he was hoping for a yes.

Satine looked up at him, "I've thought of it...yes, but my downfall is with vampire hunters popping up everywhere lately it's harder to venture, my other dilemma is me being a vampire...if I meet a human and fall for him I'll out live them...I'd sit and watch as they slowly grow old and die...it's a painful thing to think of, and I wouldn't want to turn them...to curse them to this life...But maybe one day if I find someone or if they find me I'd consider it." Satine responded, her husband being dead for so long it was time to move on, but with her being dead it wasn't easy to just settle down.

"Well, what if you find someone today? Or maybe someone found you?" Jacques asked Satine, looking back at her. He wondered whether or not she'd take it as a hint. To be honest, Jacques didn't know if he anted her to take it as a hint or not himself.

Satine looked at him curiously, "What do you mean...?" She asked softly. "Well, I guess I wouldn't know what to do...If I found someone or if they found me...again my situation is complicated...it's hard to open up to people." She said. She wasn't sure if he was hinting at her or not, Did he really like her that way? Her mind started to think about that now. Trying to debate what she would do.

"What if you had opened up to that person, and he had opened up to you?" Jacques said to her, staring into her eyes almost longingly. "What if he could protect you from hunters and understand what he was getting himself into." he told Satine, subconsciously leaning in towards her. This was a lot more hintingly.

Back
Top Bottom