Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Sucks (Mercenary+Shani)

Satine looked down she had been thinking of it, if she didn't keep herself busy she probably would have gone insane. "Well I can't make promises that I can't keep...but I won't for awhile, plus someone has to care for the graves...and the homeless." She said with a smile. She thought it was odd for him to say that it'd be a shame if she was gone, only yesterday was he read to put a bullet through her. Satine tilted her head slightly when he said he liked her, "Oh the hunter befriending his prey?" she teased gently figuring he liked her as a friend, a hunter couldn't fall for a vampire could he?

"Well, then I hope I'm gone if you do. Because I'd hate to see you go." He told Satine. "Abd I guess that means you're not prey." Jacques said. You could tell he was smiling under his mask.

"If I decide to...I be sure I'm alone, lack of interference. I promise if I make that decision I will wait after you are gone." She said in all truthfulness. Satine was shocked by his words that he'd hate to see her go. "No I guess not...I'd say more equal.more of a friend..." She said seeing his smile though it was covered by a mask. "One of these days, I hope to see the man behind the mask."

"Yeah, friends..." Jacques said in a slightly hushed tone. "Hey, maybe if you give me a good reason, I'll take it off." he told her.

Satine smiled at him her ears picked up his words but let it be, "The fact that you're living in my house isn't good enough?" She asked sweetly.

"No, no. It's fine. I appreciate it. I appreciate you." Jacques told her. Why was it so hard to tell Satine he had defer longs for her? He never had problems expressing his he felt before.

"It's fine I'm only teasing you."She said with a smile "So do you have any other plans this evening?" Satine asked trying to keep up conversation, still trying to get an better idea and understanding of this Gent.

"Well, no, actually. Unless I go to that church." Jacques told her, looking down. "Do you? He asked.

"Ah I see...Oh um no I don't have anything going on, I've fed...and I did my charity work...so that's about all I had plan this evening." She replied granted it was still early for her the sun wouldn't be going down for another couple of hours. "Well I guess I should let you get some rest...I'm sure it's pasted your bed time." She spoke teasingly to him.

Jacques rolled his eyes at her. "I already slept plenty. I'm not even tired." he told her, giving Satine a look. "So what should we do then?" Jacques asked.

Satine blinked at him, "Alright then..." She said, Satine wasn't sure what to do when she finished she normally would read or go to the cemetery and spend time with the dead. She had no use for modern technology, "Well...What do you like to do?" She asked him curiously. SHe was often alone she didn't know what to do with people of this time.

Jacques had the same predicament. He was usually, actually pretty much always alone, and he didn't know what to do with other people as company either. "I usually train and work out." He told her truthfully. He sighed. "This shouldn't be that hard. What to two people do when they're alone. There had to be something we could do together to pass the time." Jacques thought aloud.

Satine wasn't sure how to respond to his training and working out, What could they do? "I don't know whats available in the evening hours...most things close...We could keep talking...um its too late to catch a show..." She said looking at him curiously, "Well I don't know obviously we aren't used to spending time with anyone...it doesn't help that we are strangers..." She responded remaining perfectly still

"Aleight. Let's talk about ourselves then. Except, I've basically told you my whole story, and I doubt you'd like to here about my hinting stories." Jacques said to her.

"ALright...hm...I've already told you what happened to me...I killed in my early stages of undead life but that was a lack of control and teaching..I switched to animals but they lack a lot of nutrients...but they helped me gain control. Now I switch back and forth. I'm 522 years old, I was turned at the age of 22. I was a Countess when I was alive...Um I've wandered this earth for 500 years, unable to see the sunrise or sunset, or the bright daytime colors, most thins are covered in darkness...I've had mortal friends before, then they started to die old age or illness or accidents...It's unbearable to watch your friends and family slowly die..." She started off with babbling to pass the time. plus not having anyone to talk to took it's toll. "I sleep in a bed...unless I'm injured then I sleep in my coffin...holy water and holy objects like crosses don't affect me...obviously stabbing anyone in the heart will kill them....I like the light and I can cross the water though probably a bad Idea because I don't know how to swim..." She continued then stopped to let it sink in. "Anything else you'd like to know?" Satine asked

Jacques listened to her, nodding every now and then. "I think you answered anything I was wondering. How about me? Is there anything more you want to know?" Jacques asked her in return.

Satine looked at him waiting for a reaction. "How old are you? Where do you come from? Do you feel bad or remorse when you kill...or do you just feel they are monsters to be destroyed? What do you like to eat? Have you ever been married? Do you like animals? What did you use to kill the vampire last night?" She started asking him a few questions curious about him especially because she didn't see his face.

Jacques was surprised by the sudden barrage of questions, and began racking up his mind with answers to them in order. "Well..." he began, "24 years old, I'm was born in Wisconsin. I haven't felt remorse when I kill vampires who have killed innocence, I dint really have a care about food, I eat what I get. I've never been married, had a girlfriend, or had a girl who is a friend. I guess animals are okay. And I used a special bullet called a splinter bullet. On inpact it let's out shards and slivers of wood like shrapnel." Jacques said to her all at once.

Sarine nodded her head to his answers taking them all in. "That bullet of your's sounds painful, especially if you don't hit the heart..."

"That's why I always hit the heart." Jacques said, almost menacingly. "You asked, I answered." he added.

Satine's hand went straight to her chest where her heart was. Remembering he shot that poor boy three times. "Yeah...I did..." Her face had a look of pain and disgust. She hated causing pain to think another suffering, it hurt her.

"And how do you think the little girl and the grandpa he murdered felt. I doubt he gave them any better deaths. How do you think their families felt? Your family was killed in cold blood by vampires, and so was mine. And the reason I'm here is because someone ele's was too! He wasn't innocent in the least. He got what was conning to him." Jacques growled defensively.

Satine look down away from him, listening to him her cold boiling, snapping her head towards him,her fangs having grown out to be visible. "Don't you think I very well, know how it fells? The feeling of choking on your own blood as it's drained out of the body. The the pain of your body dying, and turning into a monster...the pain of hunger that only blood from others can sate!!" She emphasized her points. Hearing that he wasn't innocent, "DID you know him? DID you speak to him? NO no you didn't that mindless monster, was a local boy who was attacked too...he got straight A's in school he was intelligent, he was a sweet heart...he had spoken to me a few times, I was going to start teaching him! but What do you care either way, right he was only a monster as am I! Right? I've killed before, you going to shoot me too!?"

"His fault or not, mindless or not, he was dangerous to innocent people. If that where you I'd been called in to kill, yes, I would've put a bullet into your heart. But you managed to get past your years if danger and are no longer a threat to the public. Welcome to the real fucking world, Satine! If you screw up, your fault or not, there aren't second chances. He killed, he got dealt with, it's as simple as that. I'd do it over again if I had to. No I don't like killing vampires, it doesn't give me pleasure in revenge. I get pleasure from knowing that the people are that much safer. If you can't control yourself, you aren't safe enough to be left alone, or given time to be 'taught'." Jacques snapped back, glaring at her.

"He was just as innocent as they were!! It's the same as teaching children right from wrong if you don't teach them they will never learn. They will think they can kill and people will just come back to life, or stealing tell them no they learn ignore them and they become thieves. BUt there are tones of second chances in your justice system, those who kill make bail, or spend there lives in jail three meals a day and so on. Don't tell me there are no second chances! Tell your theory to a 3 year old that's what a new born vampire is like, you see life through different eyes, some learn others never do not like you'd understand." She snapped glaring at him.

Back
Top Bottom