Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Sucks (Mercenary+Shani)

"So you still eat, even thought you don't have to?" Jacques asked, just for conformation. He trusted her, but not completely.

"No, well sometimes to portray being human, it does nothing for me my hunger is deeper than that and it hurts more...Let me rephrase my words either I will stop at a restaurant and order something rare or I will take to the woods and hunt, fresher is always better." She replied like people she needed to feed she just did it differently.

"Oh, alright. I see now. Well, good luck then." Jacques told her. "I'll be out getting some food for myself." He told her, letting her know that he'd be gone as well. "So I'll probably be gone by the time you're actually dressed." he said, referring to the fact that she was still in a night gown.

"Thank you, to you too." She said with a light smile. Satine looked down she was covered she wasn't used to having people in the house. "You never know I tend to get ready quickly. Either way I'm sure I'll see you later. "Saine said heading to her room changing into a red flowing dress. Making sure she had her house keys, heading out.

Jacques had left as she went to get ready, and was at the end of the lawn as she reached the door. He turned around adding her in her beautiful dress. He smiled under his mask and waved to her before turning back around and continuing to walk.

Satine nodded as he got out the door before she did, she wasn't using her vampire speed. Seeing him at the end of the driveway waving back at him with a soft smile. Making her way into town with her basket full of food for the homeless.

Jacques dixked into an alleyway on his way to the market to pull his mask off before walking back out. He got to the market and began buying things like nutrition bars and things that wouldn't expire. Then he began heading back to the house as he pulled his mask back on.

Satine walked around seeing those who were helpless, without a home, and she handed out food to them. Once finished she was heading to the woods to find something to eat. Finding a deer pouncing at it drinking it's blood and carrying it home to deal with it later, after two hours she went home to relax and enjoy her evening.

Jacques her come in and walked out of his room. "Hey there." Jacques said to her. "O assume you had a good meal?" He asked Satine, not actually completely caring. Hesitant know why he tried to have conversations with Satine, he didn't with other people. Not unless it was relevant or helpful to him. Maybe it was because she was giving him a place to live.

Satine smiled as she heard him speak to her, "Hello, It was decent, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be." She stated not sure how to describe it. "Did you enjoy your meal?" She asked him curiously. It was strange talking to a hunter let alone housing him, then again it was strange to have someone in the house at all.

"My meal wasn't anything special. I'm not really a chef. A just cooked a heat-up meal." Jacques told her, shrugging. He didn't really care how good his food was anyway.

"I'm sure it was decent at least...I used to cook but not having the need to I haven't been coking. Plus when you die your taste buds change they are heightened." She replied stepping a bit closer to him.

"It was easily good enough for me. So no need to cook, anyway." Jacques said to Satine as she walked closer to him. "So what do you do know? I'm usually asleep or out hunting this time." He told her.

"So long as you enjoyed it..." She said with a soft smile. "Sleeping? But it's so early...Did you check out the church?" She asked curiously

"Early for you, maybe. It's late for me. And I tend to rest whenever I can." Jacques said. "And the church can wait, I guess." he told her. In all honesty, he kind of wanted to get to know Satine better than a short backstory and exchanging names.

"I figured with you being a hunter you adapted your schedule to hunt...I guess I was wrong." She replied "Others would jump on a coven's hide out...but not you, Why?" She asked he fascinated her plus wondering what the man behind the mask looked like.

"Sometomes I do, sometimes I don't. A man needs his sleep, and I didn't get much last night. And I have my reasons, can we leave it at that?" Jacques said, looking at her. It looked like she wanted him to tell, or show, her something.

Satine nodded her head, "No need to get snippy with me...I was only curious...Um May I ask, Why you became a hunter?" She asked softly assume they killed his family, holding off to ask about the mask.

"Well, it was when I was six. My parents and I were having dinner when two vampires broke into our home and attacked. My dad was a retured hunter, but all he managed to do was pull out a gun aa the vampires closed in. They killed my parents infront of me, and knocked my dad's gun away, towards me. I got lucky and managed to put a bullet into their hearts. And after I ran away from the orphanage when I was ten, I've been training as a hunter ever since." Jacques told her.

Satine listened to his story intently, She felt bad her story was a little different but close enough to hit home. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Jacques...I'm sure it's been rough." She stated her kind was rather cruel at times.

"Eh, I'm sure it's been the same for you. Only you've had a lot more time to have to deal." Jacques said, though he was glancing away. He had never told anyone else about what happened to him.

"A little only a few differences...If happened when we we're sleeping...My husband must have heard something and went to check for he wasn't in bed, I heard a scream...jumping up I went to the kids room to check on them. Where I saw a a small handful of vampires in the room, My children's frightened faces were turned towards me until the left there eyes, my husband was on the floor dead as a door nail...it didn't take them long to realize I was there, when I tried to run they were faster...push comes to shove I woke up in the morning with a terrible pain in my head. My family was dead...I couldn't leave till nightfall. I hid in the house until the investigation was over...I was a missing persons case, figuring I was dead...they buried a coffin with the three bodies. That's where my infamous ghost stories come in, my ghost is looking for my lover and children or haunting the house or the cemetery....I occasionally have daymares...and I relive the whole process it's not fun...and you don't just deal...the pain lesson over time even when your my age..." She explained to him no one ever really new the truth, just that it was a nasty murder.

"Really, vampires killed your family too? I guess we have more in common than I thought. I'm surprised you don't hate the other vampires, though. At least the ones that aren't like you. Or do you?" Jacques said to her, looking back up at Satine.

Satine nodded, "Maybe we're not so different after all...See you thought you knew my story well there it is." She stated softly she wasn't like the typical lot. "Oh...I'm not a fan of many, but we all coexist...We see things differently what I don't like is those like me who were turned and left to fend for themselves very few survive, I try to find the new ones and teach them to be careful..but it's hard. Plus I did tell you a coven's hide out now didn't I? I don't like my city plagued with vermin." She explained trying to give him a better understanding of her views. "There are very few who are like me...note I live alone...but those like me eventually die out. We lose the will to keep living, or we can't keep up with the tie change, then we beg for death and it never comes...or for something to change our lives if not we kill ourselves, or do foolish things so we are killed. Sad really..." Satine went on it was a complex system.

Jacques looked into her eyes now. "Well, just promise me that you won't do that. I'm actually enjoying someone's company for once. It's be a shame if you were gone." Jacques told her honestly. "I have to admit I like you." he told her, not thinking about if she'd take it the wrong way. Then again, he couldn't stop thinking about Satine. Maybe he did have feelings for her...

Back
Top Bottom