Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Sucks (Mercenary+Shani)

Satine looked up at him, her emerald green eyes looking into his own, "Well...I...um..." Satine tried to speak but the worlds just weren't coming to her. She didn't doubt that he could protect her, and she could protect him from vampires if need be. Her fear was having to watch him die knowing he wouldn't want to be turned. Plus isolation from others she couldn't always run around for after so long the body should age but hers won't people would think something wrong. Noticing him lean closer to her, she stayed still not sure what to do.

Jacques looked unto her eyes, hoping for an answer. But his eyes grew sad as he realized she wasn't going to give him one. She probably just didn't want to hurt his feelings, and didn't want to get into a relationship with him. He looked down with sad eyes. "I'm sorry I mentioned anything. Just forget about it." He sighed, standing up and turning away.

She saw the light in his eyes dim, and his face growing sad. Her face fell feeling bad but this wasn't her forte. Hearing him say to forget it and seeing him stand and turn away from her. She was on her feet quickly, in front of him. "Jacques...Don't be sorry and I won't forget it...you said you understand what you may be getting into...Do you actually understand?" She asked him not wanting him to lose out on a better opportunity. I've been alone for 500 years...it's hard for me to just talk about these kinds of feelings...we've only known one another for three days now, plus you have your promise...if we stayed together that long...I wouldn't want to lose you, I wouldn't want to watch you slowly die...you have your promise to your father that you wouldn't be bitten in any form... plus after you pass...I'm alone again, I don't think I can bare the sorrow...there's a lot to think about before just jumping into something like this..." She said explaining her reasoning and fears for it. Afraid now that her silence from before was turning him away from her as all of this...."If we do this...I want it to mean something, not only for a few months weeks a couple years, I'd want it for life,"

Jacques looked down at her, shocked. But he managed to speak up soon enough. "Yes, I understand Satine. But we've both been alone for most of our lives, and I want to be together with you until the day I leave this earth. Everyone dies, Satine, it's just a matter of when. I'll most likely pass before the day you leave this earth, but I'll be waiting in whatever afterlife there is to see you again. I mean it when I say I want to be with you, until death to us part." Jacques told her sincerely, his eyes staring deeply into her own again.

Satine fell quiet once more listening to his words. He had a point everyone dies sometime, but she was afraid to give her heart to join with another just for them to be taken again. Who knew what the afterlife held, though according to popular belief she wouldn't be able to enter heaven, being damned. Her eyes looked back into his, making sure he meant what he said and knew what he was getting involved in. "You want to be married?" She asked curiously when he said till death do they part. "I'm mostly dead...I won't be able to give you children..." She added a large factor to be together in her time was fertility. To her knowledge she wasn't able to produce offspring.

"I would marry you if you wanted to, though I think we can agree that we maybe should wait on that. And if you can't have kids, it doesn't really matter to me. If it becomes an issue, we can just adopt. But there's a pretty important step between starting a relationship and having children. And I think you know what that is." Jacques told her. "And if I'm going to do that with someone, I would very much like it to be you." he said, almost forgetting his mask was on. If it hadn't of been, he would have kissed her.

"I'm in no hurry...It was your choice of words..." She said then smiled a he said that children didn't matter men in her time would reject a woman if se couldn't conceive. "Well, Yes...I'm very well aware of the steps." She replied. "I must be special to you huh?" She asked wit the way he said it, plus with his hunting and being alone made it sound as if he were a virgin. Satine stepped closer to him, it was a little odd talking to him about this with his mask on.

"You're the most important person in the world to me." Jacques told her, looking down still, his eyes following her. It was true he'd never had sex before, buy it wast like he was uneducated. Jacques had homeschooled himself with stolen textbooks, including health. He had also witnessed it several times, as young vampires tended to get involved in such activities.

Satine moved closer to him, gently wrapping her arms around his warm body in a hug. Resting her head on his shoulder. It was alright for him to be a virgin, Satine hadn't experienced sex in centuries so she was out of the game, in that aspect.

"So, can I take this as a yes?" Jacques asked, smiling down at her. He loved the feel of her pressing against his body. It was cool, yet soothing.

Satine nodded her head slightly, "Yes...let's see where this takes us." She said still resting against him. He was so warm to her cool touch. Satine started tuning into his heart beat and the blood running through his veins, not having fed yet. Satine pulled away from him and took a few steps back.

"I'm happy to hear that. Do you want to stay here awhile longer?" Jacques to her, looking down. He felt her presence leave his, watching her as she backed away. "Is everything alright?" He asked, giving her a questioning look.

"Either or I don't mind we can head back if you wish." She said with a soft smile. Satine nodded her head and looked down. "Yeah...everything is fine..." She said then looking up trying to estimate what time it was. "I just haven't fed yet..." She admitted softly not wanting him to be upset with her for backing away but she didn't want her instinct to take over.

"I can cover for that too, now." Jacques told her. He tossed a vile to her. A vile containing blood. His blood. "It's like donating blood. I hope it's good enough. Now you can feed on human blood without having to bite someone." He said.

"Oh can you?" She asked curiously watching him a moment. She caught the vile he threw to her, looking at the red liquid inside. "How long ago did you do this?" She asked curiously. "Well yes and no...most of the time the blood must be mostly fresh plus you can't supply me everyday that''ll kill you eventually."

"I actually did it around when we left. I know the blood needs to be fresh. If that's not fresh enough, I can make another. I know I can't do it daily, but hopefully it'll be enough to get you by for a good amount of time. Or at least decrease the number of feedings you'll need." Jacques said to her.

"Alright...it should be fine then. It should be good enough for now, Thank you." Satine said with a smile pulling the cap off of the vile drinking the sweet red liquid inside.

"Of course, I'm sure there are other ways I could try to satisfy you. Maybe we should start heading back. Before daylight comes unexpectedly." Jacques said to her, smiling under his mask.

Satine finished and licked her lips, his blood was sweet and she enjoyed it. "Yes we should be getting back." She said with a smile walking over to him.

Soon enough they were back at the house and the sun's light began to appear kn the horizon. "Better hurry inside." Jacques said, opening the door for her.

Satine walked with him making it home just in time. Seeing the sun begin to rise, it being so bright to her sensitive eyes. When she heard the door open she went towards it stepping inside the house, not a moment too soon.

Jacques closed the door behind him as he walked inside behind her. Then he pulled his mask of, smiling at her. "Today's the first day of the rest of my life with you. What do you want to do first?" He asked her.

She got inside and away from the door waiting for him to shut it. Seeing him remove his mask she smiled. "Um...I don't know...there's not much to do in the day light hours." She replied.

"Daylight doesn't reach the bedroom, does it?" Jacques asked suggestively, a smug smirk spreading on his face. "That is, if you're up for bedroom activities?" he said questioningly, hoping for some reply that meant 'yes'.

Looking at him curiously, "No...not my bedroom at least, I've boarded it up so I wouldn't have to worry while I slept." She replied then blinked at him for a moment 'bedroom activities?' She thought to herself. "Is that how it works now a days? You tell someone you're fond of them and then head to the bedroom?" She asked curiously in her time things didn't happen that way unless you were an adulterer or whore. "I haven't had relations in centuries I doubt I'm any good..."

Back
Top Bottom