Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

Rallon woke first and growled getting up and dressed and sent the servant in to help Rose dress after nudging her away. he was not looking forward to his first true meeting with his mother-in-law.

He went into the Grand Foyer and gave Victoria his best, meaning the vest, formal bow. "Mother. You look lovely. How may I serve you? Shall I be given my preordained blow"

He was very formal and stiff and though he was not with her Rallon was very angry. He had learned that Rose's father had struck her while trying to convince her to marry. Rallon did not care why, did not care how. No one hit Rose. And it was best for her father not to be alone with his son-in-law until that matter had been settled. Especially when Rallon held his mother-in-law responsible as well. He was telling her so in no uncertain terms.

He waited at attention but also far away from her his eyes blazing at her with a dangerous light.

It was so sad, even the sound of Rallon growling was comforting! Maybe something was wrong or her love for the man was too much, but she mumbled under her breath as she was nudged and coaxed out of her slumbering realm. At first she stretched and then sat up, still not one hundred percent awake, but more than enough to plant a sweet kiss on Rallon's lips before he parted.

Of course with another person in the room, not her husband she slowly but surely got dressed in a simple, but flattering teal dress with flat slippers on her feet and her golden mane left to hang down and past her shoulders.

"You always were a jester in my eyes Rallon. Now where is my daughter?" Her eyes were a steely grey. Lacking the warmth of her daughter's green eyes. "Where was that manner when you were younger? Frolicking about with a young, hapless, and impressionable young girl. Well... things seem to have gone in your favor. Welcome to the family.Now... I ask again, where is Rose?"

Rose held a glow about herself that a blind person could not even miss. While Rose could not note the difference herself, she took the compliments with a humble smile. A smile that sat on her lips despite having her her mother's unsettling tone. "If you had stuck to our appointed time I would have been more than punctual mother."

A smile did sprout on Victoria's lips as she embraced her daughter. "Oh you look beautiful, my darling. You may very well carry your looks through birth. Mind you if he lacks interest, it should be foreseen as most men see a glowing a beautifully pregnant woman as a fat beast ready to pop. Or so your father explained. And he may be no exception."

Rose nodded her head a laughed. Having been raised by the woman she knew how to hold her tongue very fell, fake a smile like a pro, and take her mother's words with a grain of salt. "I know Rallon better than anyone... you'd do best tohold him in higher regards. He holds the heart of your daughter, and soon, your grandchild."

Victoria scoulded and then sighed holding onto her daughter's hand. "Let's eat."

"Rose rolled her eyes as her mother led her daughter to the dining hall where a few of the girls sat conversing while waiting for the others to join. "Oh that's right. You brought his family to live with you." She sounded none too enthusiastic about the arrangement.

"Rallon's family is my family and you will treat them as such." Roses mother logged appalled that get daughter would talk back to her as she took a seat.

Rallon smiled. "it's still there. But now I'm something more than a jester." He heard his wife coming and smiling moved toward his mother in law. As he did he drew his dagger and spun it in his hand and slapped it handle first in her hand. "And you had better pray you never find out what that is."

He walked out of the room just as Rose entered. the dagger was his mother's and he knew Victoria would know exactly what it meant. The dagger was the same one that his mother had used to kill a woman who had been trying to steal Rallon's father away then again when another woman had tried to murder Rallon himself. very few people knew the truth about the Lady Granger and her green dagger but Victoria would. The blade had killed every threat to the family that the official laws and rules could not catch.

When she came in with her daughter and made her comment about Rallon's family though that was too much.

"Perhaps if you had not allowed the filth like your fellow nobles and my own brothers to rape and force them out then they wouldn't have had to. Good day."

He kissed his wife and walked out.

It was Rose's turn to look appalled and disgusted, at that. Her voice would even reach Rallon's ears as he walked off, were he listening.

"What has gotten into you, mother? Right now these girls are so much stronger than you right now, and rather than throw filthy comments with the words that you weave, try to be a bit NICE! I'm carrying a child and that attitude around the girls, let alone my baby when he or she is born.... I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!"

Rose to a slow deep breath. "Lady Benedict. You WILL set a good example for these girls. Now... I think you may have overstayed this welcome, but please... feel free to come back when you are ready to set a good example for these girls otherwise, don't darken my doorway again."

Rose pressed a kiss to her mother's cheek and then sat herself at the table.

"Well.... good day... to you all." With that Victoria turned on heel and left the way she came.

"Thea.. dear, please hunt down your brother for me and drag him back to breakfast. We will do this as a FAMILY." Rose pressed a kiss to the young girl's forehead before the little one ran off.

Thea brought him back quickly. Rallon flopped into his chair. "I don't like that woman."

He growled sitting back and stroking his jaw thoughtfully.

The girls tried to distract them both with jokes and other pleasantries but Rallon was far too angry and refused to even eat. He was disgusted with his in-laws.

Finally he growled. "Call them over. Both of them. We need to settle this trash."

Rose rolled her eyes at her husband with a sigh, despite his averted gaze. She watched as he pondered. Rose merely nibbled on the food before her. She could see the gears and cogs working behind his eyes as he sat at her side.

"You and my mother were never one to get along, but I assure that despite her crude nature there is some warmth."

Her words were met with silence as Rallon was still deep in thought. Now Rose was more of a neutral party in all of this. So she was quite torn between the two.

She scooted her chair back and stood. Palms planted on the table before her. Green eyes gazing at her husband. "I far from condone the words that spill forth from my mother's lips, but will be damned if I help you drive the stake between you and my family."

Needless to say she was ready to nip this fighting in the bud. "You and my family WILL get along or find SOME neutral territory between you all. And don't think I'm siding with them because my mother will not step foot in the walls of OUR home for quite some time because of what happened not long ago." She no longer held an appetite and sat up straight.

The burst of energy came from out of no where and she was slowly coming down. "I will be taking a carriage to my mothers. You are more than welcome to accompany me." Rose did not wait for an answer before calling up a servant to bring the carriage up front.

"You will have to take your matter TO them if you want this done." It was not new territory to Rose. She argued with her father and mother, more often that anyone ever knew. Rose never made a spectacle and never whined or spoke of it to anyone. Rose was actually hit on MORE than one occasion. But... Rose's hidden defiance was what made her the woman Rallon fell in love with. "Coming?"

Rallon nodded and followed his wife helping her into the carriage and sat beside her. The carriage took them directly to her parents home and the whole time he did not speak.

Upon arriving he helped her down and lead her inside. Upon seeing his in-laws, and their rather dour expressions he snarled. "Listen. i love Rose and she loves me. I know you'll never be happy with that because you hate me. But she is bearing my child and your grandchild. So get used to it. I want peace between us. For her sake. but first i will have apologies."

He looked at her mother first. "You for not helping my sisters. I know they came right here and you sent them away. And you will apologize for how you have abused them and yoru daughter. As for me myself I honestly don't care."

He then turned to his father-in-law. "And you. You will apologize to Rose for striking her. And I don't care what it does to my marriage. you lay a violent hand on her again i will kill you."

He looked at Rose. "There I've said my piece."

Rose sat quietly and waited until they arrived. Within the lavished abode they walked until greeted by both Lady and Lord Benedict.

Rose let her husband speak first, knowing that he would be just as strict, but polite, taking her into consideration. Meanwhile Rose stood silently with a humble and lax smile upon her lips. As Rallon rounded up what he had to say Rose placed a light, sweet and thankful kiss upon his lips.

"And what have YOU to say, Lady of York?" Her father asked in a booming voice as she stood composed before her. His green eyes rivaling that of his glowing daughters.

"Well... father you have my thanks for raising me, but you drove me right into Rallon's arms by showing me what I could potentially find in a husband. Rallon is sweet, kind, stern, and , what you wanted most of all, powerful. You will get a second chance to be loving man, capable of doting upon his grandchild."

From there she walked to face her mother directly. "And mother... I always thought you beautiful, and your love harsh, but necessary. You were perfection to me, but... I met other people. Lady Granger was very sweet. She will be dearly misses. No doubt her loving and unconditional nature lives on through her daughters. I love you, and when you are ready to apol-"

"I am sorry. Lord and Lady Granger." Clearly her father was through. "You and your new family have our deepest apologies. I love you, my dear daughter. Victoria?"

His voice was hard and deep and my mother sighed with reluctance. "Give your sister's my apologies and Rallon." Rose's mother seemed to be struggling, almost forcing the words out. "My apologies to you as well."

Rose turned and looked to her husband with a laugh and a smile. " Well, while I know that some words may not be entirely true... this is a start." She closed the distance between her and her husband and stole yet another tender kiss. "Now, my sweet, let us be off." Her fingers brushed along his jawline and her lips caressed his as she spoke, practically feeding him the words.

He held up a finger and pulled away from her moving toward her parents. "If you are going to use our proper titles then please do so respectfully. And please do not make it sound like an insult."

He spoke very softly now. "And I advise you make sure your allegiance to the proper King. John is playing a dangerous game. and even should he win through to the throne he will never be the proper King."

He moved to Rose and kissed her then lead her out to the carriage which took them back home. he helped her down and inside then went to the library for some reading.

Rose sighed softly and nodded her head, but still dawned a soft smile. She gave both of her parents a kiss before walking off with her husband. Along the carriage ride she rest her head upon her husband's shoulder. She had an inkling as to what was on his mind.

Into their home they walked. While she walked with him to the library, she pressed a kiss to his cheek. "If you need me, you will find me in the steam room." With that she walked away. It was not often used out of the cold season, but now seemed like a good enough time.

She sent one of the new hired hands to heat up the room for her. By the kitchen she stopped and snagged a plum before heading there. Consuming the sweet and juicy fruit along the way. The young lad emerged from the room with sweat upon his brow. Upon seeing Rose he bowed low enough that his nose nearly scraped the floor.

"You can stand. Thank you, my dear." The young male stood and shook his head before finding his voice.

"No, thank you, Lady Granger. Thanks to you and Lord Granger, I no longer need to worry about how to feed my unborn child." The man went in silence and bowed humbly once more.

"Congratulations, and your name is?" Rose asked kindly.

"Gregory Watts, My Lady." Rose took not and nodded.

"Thank you, Mister Watts, you and your wife are more than welcome to seek aide from either I or my husband." She nodded and walked into the room. The first room she stripped herself of her clothing and hung it upon a peg. Through the arched doorway she walked, into another room where she sat upon a bench. The pile of stones sat steaming in the center of the room. She pulled her hair back and tied it up with a ribbon. Sitting back to relax.

Rallon sat in a chair in the deepest corner of the library. He gathered a pile of books a large pile of parchment several scribes, Fisher, and several of the elder servants of the household, and the Lord of the Hall Lord Trenal Binns. He began by having them sit and began to make a large outline of the powerful families of the land and their unmarried sons. Once he had good data on each one he began to write to the families inviting them all to the Christmas Ball.

He then began to trace the true supporters of John with those that despised him and using this he began to make overtures to the latter and also invited them to the Ball while he sent larges gifts to the former and told them that the Hall of York itself would be throwing a large ball for them in a few months times. Officially this would be the larger and grander affair but in reality it was the less honorable as it would not be in Rallon's home but it would still go a long way in making peace with John supporters. Rallon doubted they would ever have real power but he was sure that eventually John would betray them as well and it would be best that they remember Rallon Granger then.

Rose felt so relaxed and yet... some slight guilt. While she was sitting in a nice steam room, her sisters were about doing her bidding and making small preparations for the ball. The girls were old enough to speak to the tailor and see that they had new gowns for the cold season. The garden was tended to as she planned to work on some flower arrangements with the girls later in the season. There were still a list of people to visit and chat up. Play the sweet and humble Lady and find out what she could. Although now it would be a tad harder to do that since word of the occurrence at their last ball had no doubt spread like a plague. The girls would do their part as well. Helpful information was gathered at the last ball of young men of nobility. What a beautiful and a sweet smile couldn't coax from their lips, they would find out with the girls. One at a time, the girl of the right age would happen to accompany Rose to those families.

Precautionary measures would be taken as Rose feared taking any chance with the girls, especially after their horrific moment with their brothers. Rose could play the part as well. Flirtatious and sweet. It was a dangerous game, but one that she would doubt to lose. She thought things through as she relaxed. Her aching body feeling less so, the longer she stayed. A knock sounded upon the door as a warning. Being in too long could cause worry and anyone that was not her husband may fear entering if their Lady did not respond. "I'm coming." Rose replied. In the first room she pulled a rope, after having removed her towel, and water rained down upon her. A quick bathe, dried off, and she was back in her former attire. Up the stairs she ventured, taking two at a time. halfway Rose slipped and fell back on her rump. A little shriek of surprise sounded, followed by a groan. "Ouch..." She heard the clattering of armor as a solider appeared, rushing down to the Lady's aide.

"Are you okay, My Lady. Do I need to call the medic or Lord Granger?" For a minute Rose looked up at the look of concern upon the man's face. Then suddenly, she laughed. Rose laughed and laughed, and brought a look of confusion to the man's face. Poor thing probably thought that she had hit her head and gone mad. Rose shook her head. "No need. I just slipped. This is hardly a matter worth bothering Rallon over. Poor thing is probably immersed in work. I could use a hand off of this hard floor though." The man seemed to scold himself for not having offered his hand sooner. "Thank you, again." Rose rubbed at her backside. "That really did hurt." Speaking as though it were more of a surprised that falling on her backside would cause a bit of annoying pain.

Rallon had a number of ideas and options for what was to come next for his land and family. Already he had discovered a disturbing trend of John's to skim off a large percentage of treasure anytime he saw the chance, as well as taking a rather impressive percentage of the taxes for himself as well. He had not expected this data to come out while he plotted how to marry off his sisters but when he asked his questions about the families he would have preferred to wed them into he quickly learned just how it was that john had been using his power and influence to weaken them unless they had the sense wit and caution to overcome the prince's machinations.

"Fisher?"

"Yes milord?" The solider had followed his lord as Tia was having a nap having complained of feeling unwell and with Rose busy bathing he had no one else to protect the girls off reading, playing, or sleeping as well, rather enjoying the free time they had been given.

"Other than myself who is currently the most powerful noble in the land?"

The others started to answer but Rallon raised a hand. "i wish a soldier's opinion first."

Fisher considered for a long moment his eyes cast toward one of the many impressive carvings on the walls that depicted Rose's family tree and lineage. Finally he spoke. "Lady Rose's Great Aunt Duchess Elator of Brusswick and Greenfield milord. her wealth is immeasurable, her influence through he extensive family is even more impressive, and she has a personal guard that i would only fight if i had a thousand men like yourself to command."

Everyone blinked then nodded while Rallon considered carefully. "that would be the great Aunt who refuses to come to the north yes? And has never even met Rose?"

"Yes milord."

Rallon nodded. "We shall have to induce her to come...I think i even know how." he pointed at a scribe name Annette who blushed, her face going pink. A rather unimportant French noblewoman she had been married off to settle her father's debts but then her husband had died and to survive due to a serious misunderstanding involving the death of their child she had joined a convent where she had proven invaluable because she could read and write. The Bishop of York had discovered her there when visiting the Mother Superior, his sister,and had decided she would be of more use with the convent of St. Christopher in York. until Rallon had returned she had been out of sight but when had had taken his rightful place the bishop had offered her to Rallon because of her talents and Rallon had come to rely on her heavily as while he could speak, read, and write French, his handwriting in the language was simply atrocious.

"Annette my dear i need you to summon up all your skills and induce her majesty the Queen to bestow another visit upon us. Then you will summon up an even superior letter for the Duchess. The second shall not be sent until the Queen agrees to come to our ball. But i wish it written. Can you achieve this this?"

Annette nodded. "i can indeed my lord."

Rallon nodded as well. "begin then."

Annette gathered her things and went into a far corner and set to work as she had been instructed.

One of the men thought it a good idea to send someone to inform their Lord of York that is pregnant wife had taken a small tumble down the stairs. Just as a precaution, lest something happen down the road. Rose made her way towards the library and noticed a few of the girls studying.
"Melody." Rose waved a summoning finger to Rallon's sister, beckoning her to the arched doorway where she guided the young girl into the hallway. "I need you to do me a favor."

"Yes?" The blossoming beautiful young girl replied in a voice that mimicked her very name.

"I want you to sing at the upcoming ball. Anything you like. You have plenty of time to practice." Rose pressed a kiss to the girl's forehead as the two walked down the stone lined hallway. "If you wish to include any of the other girls, just let me know. I am playing to your talents. Like your beauty isn't enough." The words made both Melody and Rose laugh before Rose stopped and turned to face the young girl.

"You will make a fine Lady and your husband will worship the very ground you walk on." It was what it felt like loving Rallon and she could only wish the same for his sisters.

"No, Alice and Alma are working on the garden and tending to it for me. By the time the ball arrived...." A loud noise sounded from behind them. A young lad was running down the hall. The messenger keeled over to catch his breath.

"For you.... My Lady..." The small missive was placed in Rose's hand. The red wax seal removed as green eyes read..

'Forget me not... Jerin

It took a second for her to hit her. "Jerin Bruins." Rose looked to the messenger before he could be dismissed. "Was this the only message?" The young lad nodded his head in a 'no'.

"Fisher and Lord Granger both received one." Fisher's was similar to hers while Rallon's was requesting an audience. She found herself pondering what had happened to Jerin. He did not side with Prince John, only with himself. She remembered when he slithered his way into her home and tried to force himself on her with Fisher outside of the door. Rose could still picture the vein throbbing in his neck. At the time Father Patrick was still warm from his murder and she didn't want to lose Fisher either while her husband was still away.

"I'm sorry Melody, you can see to what you were doing before." Rose walked down the corridor toward where she suspected her husband might be. There was no guarantee that Fisher would be with him and if he happened to inform Rallon for their past with Jerin. Rose actually feared what Fisher may do. The strength it took him to not kill the man back then... there was no telling if he still held the same control with the freedom that they had now received. "Jerin has a death wish." The man had apparently fled down south and successfully avoided the worst half of the war.

Fisher was in a rage that surprised even Rallon. Rallon had no idea who Jerin was. the name was vaguely familiar but only in the vaguest sense and his only memory of the beast was the foul git who had taunted the noble ladies as a boy. Fisher knew everything of course.

The news of Rose's fall had just reached them when the messages from Jerin arrived and Rallon had been about to ask one of his advisers when he had seen Fisher's red face and his white knuckles as he crushed the message.

"Fisher?"

The knight's head snapped around so hard it popped as his eyes, narrowed and bright, landed on his friend and teacher. "M'lord...this beast attempted to ravage your wife while you were away. As a noble i was unable to give him proper justice."

Rallon did not move. he gave no sign of anger but the room had still emptied of all warmth the moment the words were said.

He spoke very softly now. "You are certain?"

"M'lord I had to tear the beast from her myself. her ladyship's virtue only remained because she is so strong. He bruised her."

Everyone looked at Rallon's face but only Fisher saw the true danger. Rallon had been gripping a small metal roller used to tighten scrolls. Though it was only eight inches long it was solid iron and very sturdy. As Rallon watched Fisher speak the metal rod bent under the pressure of his hand and he continued to crush it. Fisher was not only not surprised but pleased. He wanted Jerin's neck in his master's hands for similar treatment.

Rallon again spoke softly. "Please leave us my friends. Would you please bring the lady Rose here before you retire however? Oh and this. I grant Jerin an audience as soon as he is able to come and open my doors to him with all possible love and affection."

The scribes and others obeyed all of them chilled. they had seen Rallon in a screaming rage when Rose had been poisoned and that had terrified them but this cold calculating rage chilled them to their very souls. They knew they were not in danger but it still alarmed them to see just how very deadly their master was. All of them again reminded themselves never to draw his wrath, and despite themselves they all hoped that Jerin would be wise enough to ignore the invitation. There was no telling what Fisher and Lord Granger would do. But it would certainly be memorable.

Cynthia, having taken her usual place at Rallon's feet, was watching her father in curiosity. She, like Rose, knew that she need never fear him, but she was concerned. He smelled angry. She leaned up and licked his hand laying her jaw on his lap. He smiled and began to gently rub her face and ears. "All is well my love." She gave a wag of her tail her eyebrows flicking with her eyes toward Fisher and the door as he went to see if Lady Rose was on her way.

The knight himself was still very tense. He had longed to crush Jerin like snake he was but as a simple knight he could not harm a noble and the fact further enraged him. Rallon's eyes saw the tension and guessing correctly at what it meant he spoke. "You know as the captain of my personal guard that makes you a nobleman as well."

Fisher blinked. "M'Lord?"

"You position requires your presence almost constantly. So I made you Lord Captain of York." He held up a recently signed document attesting to this. Fisher, unlike most knights, could read and stared at the paper in awe. "M'lord.....I-"

Rallon waved a hand. "You deserve more my friend. But next time someone touches my wife, my children, my sisters, or Cynthia here, even if it's King Richard himself, i want you to do whatever you think is best. i trust your judgment Fisher. Totally."

Fisher was so surprised he lost a heavy portion of his rage, as had Rallon the simple act having let him bleed most of it away. Rallon looked down at the dog. "Go get Mom."

Cynthia barked and ran out finding rose rapidly and barking then gently but firmly gripping her sleeve and giving a tug toward the library. In her mind only Mom could make Daddy feel better and though he was speaking calmly Cynthia knew Daddy was still very very angry. He smelled of it. She didn't like it.

Within the common room she looked, without success just as her furry daughter came dashing down the hall. The Lady knelled to pet Cynthia, but apparently her canine child had other plans. "I hope you're taking me to your father." Which would be both a good and a bad thing. Rose would wager that Fisher had indeed told Rallon what had occurred with Jerin. The heels of her shoes clicked upon the floor. Both hands held up a handful of her dress as she followed in Cynthia's footsteps towards the library. A few eyes gazed at her as she followed their beloved Cynthia where she took a hard left into the open door of the Library.

Here, Rose slowed down and took a deep breath for walking into the library. Both Fisher and Rallon stood at the other end of the hall. She was just now realizing that her own message was crushed within her hand. "You told him?" Green eyes looked to Fisher as she walked closer towards the Lord of York. "Yes, I did." Rose could still sense the anger that lingered within.

Now her eyes looked Rallon. "Then you know that the rumors her spread were obviously false. I have never bedded him and that filthy man...." Her words shaken and Fisher kindly intervened.

"He knows, Lady Rose. He knows everything." She crossed her arms and her anger was slowly bubbling to the surface. A phantom pain coursed through the sides of her body where he had gripped her and pinned her to the wall. Like a flash of lighting, it was there and then gone. With a sigh she walked up to her her husband's side.

"What plans have you for when he arrives?" She knew Rallon. If anyone knew Rallon it was her. Jerin would get what he deserved and, unfortunately for him, probably more.

"Fisher I still can never thank you enough for... yanking him off of me. I was hoping he'd died, but someone had hinted that he had fled before the heavier chaos had erupted. It's also why I never told you." Green eyes looked to her husband. "I thought to leave the past in the past. I didn't think that it would comeback to haunt me."

Rallon smiled. "My love it is in no way a trouble." He cupped her chin lightly and tilted her face up even a touch more so he could kiss her by just barely tilting his face down, making Cynthia bark as she knew Daddy would not be eating Mom's face if he was angry. She still thought it was weird but she huffed and curled up at her place before his chair.

Rallon smiled and lead his wife to her chair at his right hand then sat in his place silently gesturoing for Fisher to sit beside him then rang a silver bell. A small page stuck her head in and Rallon smiled at her. "Hello my dear. Would you please go fetch Tia?" The girl blushed at the affectionate term and bit her lip hopping into the room to bow and curtsy correctly before scurrying off to obey.

Rallon chuckled still smiling, though his eyes still held that bright light that meant death for Jerin, "Sweet little thing. My fourth cousin many times removed. She needs care but she isn't of enough noble blood to be married off. Officially. I have a feeling i shall find a way to remedy that."

Fisher arched an eyebrow. "M'Lord why have you summoned my wife?"

Rallon ignored his friend stroking his wife's hand and humming a soft little tune to himself.

The girl, one Vanr Grey from the far north, stuck her head back in her freckled face and golden blonde tresses shining with her delightful smile. "M'Lo-" Rallon raised a finger and she giggled. "Cousin the Lady Tia is here."

"Thank you Vanr. You are very quick. Have you eaten?"

"No M'-Cousin. But I can wait."

"Nonsense. Fisher would you pull a chair up for my cousin?"

Fisher obeyed without comment and the girl nervously checked her simple but very nice blue dress then went to the chair unconsciously twisting her fingers. She saw Rose and blushed freezing and hiding behind Fisher's arm. Rallon chuckled again. "My apologies you have not been introduced. I noticed Vanr out in the market. It turns out her parents passed on so she was sent her to find me with her good friend Malta Trin. Malta is down in the smithy hard at work yes Vanr?" The girl nodded as Fisher looked back down at her in surprise. "Anyway she refused to just be a layabout,despite being raised as a proper lady all of her seven years, so we came to an arrangement. Please sit Vanr. After you meet my wife Rose."

Vanr peeked around Fisher's shoulder and blushed even more deeply, not noticing that Tia had slipped into the room after her to watch the little drama. Vanr seemed to be about to pop her face was so red when suddenly she blurted. "You're so beautiful!!" Then launched herself into the chair as quickly as her training would allow, again hiding behind Fisher who blinked, looked at his wife, then his Lady, his Lord, the sleeping dog, then back at the child utterly bewildered.

Tia, for her part, just laughed and swept toward the table sitting across from her husband beside Rose. "What brings me here Lord Rallon."

Rallon smiled. "Vanr tell Rose about Malta." Fisher flinched at the name again and Rallon's smirk grew but he ignored it for now.

Vanr squeaked then spoke quickly but clearly. "Malta is the best sword maker ever!!"

Fisher slowly nodded touching his own precious blade. "M'Lord...Malta made this very blade..."

Rallon nodded touching his own. "Mine as well. And now thanks to our young friend he is here making swords for us."

Fisher was stunned. Rallon smiled. "Now....Tia I would like to know your thoughts on this Jerin matter. And your Vanr." The child blinked up at him as he slid a plate of food toward her. "But I-" He waved his hand cutting her off. "Fisher will tell the story."

He looked to his Captain and Fisher understood. Rallon was going to relive the moment and let that decide just what Jerin's fate would be.

Rose was certainly pleased when Rallon eased her worry with his words. Worries melted and a soft kiss formed upon her lips as she was escorted to her chair at her husband's side. Cynthia fit herself perfectly where she lay. Green eyes looked towards the door as the young page was summoned and Tia was fetched. She had the question lingering upon her tongue as to why Tia's presence was required, but listened as her husband explained his familiarity with the page.

This made Rallon smile. He did things for the better. Rich or poor. Family or not. Then Fisher voiced her very question while she indulged in Rallon's touch. Rose had to hide her little giggle as Rallon's cousin was working on the title to which her noble cousin preferred.

Rose was now even more eager to find out why Tia had been summoned. A sweet smile was gifted to her newest acquaintance as her Rallon introduced her. Vanr looked sweet and very modest with her cheeks painted a rosey hue as Rallon spoke on.

"It is lovely to meet you Vanr, you are family, so no need to be formal with us, dear." She smiled and thought that the girl was going to burst at the seams before she finally spoke. Rose was quiet shocked and then she laughed and smiled. Her own cheeks now flaring at the sudden flattery thrown her way. Rose was now laughing with Tia and her gaze turned towards her best friend as she sat at Rose's side.

"You're beautiful as well Vanr and thank you." Tia then voice the very same question that was on Rose and Fisher's mind, only to be ignored without hesitation. Rose only shrugged, signalling her lack of an answer as well. In the end there was almost always a method to Rallon's madness, so she dropped it for now.

Upon finding out who Malta was, Rose was very surprised and elated to have someone within their midsts that crafted such great weapons. Rose clapped her hands together once and beamed.

Now when Rallon asked Tia and Vanr about their input on the Jerin matter, she sighed and her smile faded. Fisher relayed every detail. From the first visit the very morning after Rallon's departure to the lewd things that he would whisper in her ear. He even mentioned how Rose preferred staying indoors due to the way Jerin would approach her at the town square. Often time the crowd would be thick and his had happened to land on uncomfortable areas before she was done.

Even that last evening was relaying the moment where Jerin snapped and tried to force himself on Rose. Rose had said that she was fine, but apparently the wincing at her sides was not missed my Fisher back then and he announced his suspicion that she had been bruised. It was true. Anger was laced in Fisher's voice once more, but it was more controlled. Fisher looked to Rose when he was done, but he would find her looking down into her lap with alight sigh. The green eyed lady's insides were trembling as they did that very last day that she saw Jerin.

Tia's presence was explained by the way her nostrils flared and her eyes snapped at the telling of the tale. Despite the rumors and gossip, the men of her homeland were always very polite and did not treat their women, the mothers of their children, so roughly, and no man dared to lay his hands on another man's wife or betrothed.

She waited until Fisher finished then she turned o Rallon and spoke in rapid fire Arabic, ignoring the confusion around the room. "You must burn this beast alive!!" She then followed this with a number of rather inventive and cruel ways to cause the man serious harm and pain before his ultimate demise at Rallon's hands.

Rallon patiently waited until she had finished then held up a placating hand and spoke quite softly,but despite his own use of the foreign tongue, everyone in the room, including Vanr and Cynthia, were well aware that Rallon spoke death. "I shall not give him such glorious death. I am going to tear him apart and leave his remains in pigshit." Tia recoiled at the final words and murmured a quick prayer. Rallon smiled and resumed speaking in English.

"Vanr what do you think?"

The girl blinked and quickly swallowed her bite of food. "I think that this Jerin guy is not nice and needs to be punished."

"And what would you do if it was up to you?"

Vanr bite her lip and looked at Rose. "Did he really hurt and scare you Lady Rose?"

Fisher spoke first. "Yes he did little one."

Vanr bite her lip a bit harder. "Then I'd have him hanged. Malta says any man who would lay hands on a woman deserves a short drop and sudden stop."

Rallon smiled. "A wise girl."

He sat back watching them all, his hands slipping down to stroke the worried Cynthia's muzzle as his other stroked his wife's arm tenderly. "I think we shall utilize a number of the ideas put forward at this meeting. Now Rose I am curious. Just what is to be my position at the next ball? ANd what am I wearing?" As always he gave his wife full control of such matters, especially his clothing as his idea of high fashion was whatever felt good at the moment.

Rose was gazing at a blank spot on the wall. Tia's outburst in Arabic caught her attention and caused her green gaze to look at her dear friend. There was no translation needed to tell that Tia was far from pleased. That Rallon would include such a young girl in these horrid affair was questionable, but there was no harm in it.

A pang of pain echoed in her chest when asked by Vanr if Fenrir had hurt or scared her. Fisher was not going to give her the opportunity to even lie before he spoke.
"Yes, he truly did." What would have been the point in lying? Nothing.

The young woman's response to Rallon's question managed to make Rose smile lightly. "She is wise." Rose backed up her husband's opinion. His reassuring caress eased her anxiety to a considerable degree. The way the topic of conversation switched from the punishment fit for the man responsible for assaulting her to what Rallon was to wear at the ball managed to make Rose laugh.

"Darling... your role is to be the Lord of York and my husband. Perhaps formally announce the arrival of our first child, though I highly doubt that the sight of both Tia and I wouldn't give that away." She looked to Tia with a little chuckle referring to how big they may be by that time.

"Of course we would celebrate Tia and Fisher's as well." Rose quickly added before she held her husbands had in hers.

"As far as what you will be wearing, you and I will have the tailor meet with us and I will have you fitted for something more comfortable and also stylish." Green eyes looked to their latest young lovely guest.

"As expected, the lovely young Vanr should be there as well. Invite Malta as well." A change of subject was nice. What her husband had in mind for the man coming to visit, she could only imagine. "Anything else Rallon?"

Rallon leaned over and kissed his wife. "Not unless you have anything you need or want from me."

Tia and Fisher took their cue and left the room together, Tia chattering away in Arabic to her husband who just smiled and listened carefully letting her vent out her rage. Cynthia watched them go thoughtfully then stretched laying down on her father's leg.

Rallon turned to Vanr. "Do you think Malta will actually come?"

Vanr shrugged. "He will if I ask."

Rallon laughed. "Sure of yourself are we?"

Vanr blushed but nodded.

Rallon chuckled and looked over at Rose. "So what am I to be wearing? That last suit was pretty but really did not work on me."

Vanr piped in. "What do you mean cousin?"

Rallon chuckled again. "It was very well made and very nice but did not fit me at all. When I moved I stretched then ripped out the stitches. I destroyed it." He actually had a sheepish look at the end of the explanation and would not look at Rose. Vanr arched an eyebrow. "Did Rose pick it out?"

Rallon nodded still not looking at his wife.

Rose groaned and rolled her eyes as he spoke of his attire at the last ball. "You will not drop that will you? I told you to pick what you desired, but you insisted on me choosing. It is not my fault that you grew even more fit than when we last had you sized."

She played the role of defense. "This time, you are taking yourself to the tailor and getting it done yourself." With a much needed sigh, she caught her breath before retrieving her sharp tongue and smiling at Vanr.

"Why would she not be sure of herself? She is a beautiful young girl. Mayhaps we have another wedding on the horizon?" She teased with sweet smile. "If you would like, I can have the tailor see you for a new dress for the occasion. Despite your cousin's need to bring up one incident with his wardrobe, his sisters enjoy getting fitted for new dresses."

With a lax sigh she stood herself up and out of her chair. "Please, join us for dinner. I will need to freshen up before hand and the girls shall join us. You're family, Vanr, and I want you to feel that way." While her tone was sweet with Vanr, it changed a tad with her husband.

Slight irritation could be heard. "I'll see you in our bedchambers before dinner." It was hard to tell if it was a command or not, but with one more smile she walked off. Should Rallon with to linger with his cousin or join her, was up to him.

Cynthia would note that her mother was not one hundred percent pleased. Her emotions had gotten a little bit amplified, as of lately. So much so that by the time she reached her bed chamber doors, she was no longer angered.

Rose was actually quite content. Jerin would be dealt with and their family had grown. A hand came to rest over her abdomen as she remembered that their large family was still growing by ten little fingers and ten little toes. The Noblewoman had not even been paying attention and somehow found herself sitting upon the edge of her bed with a lax smile upon her lips. She was tired. It just hit her.

While she was tired, she was hungry and wished to dine with the girls. Thus she needed to freshen up a bit. Wash up and prep. A yawn escaped her lips and she was no where near ready to move. "I don't think we care to move, do we little one?" Speaking to the unborn child that she now carried.

"No I don't think so."

Rallon kissed her neck from behind wrapping his arms around his beloved wife protectively. "We would like to stay. All three of us." He sat and wrapped his legs around her forming a cocoon with his body as he continued to lightly and lovingly kiss her neck.

"All is well my love?" He knew he was not in trouble but he had been commanded to attend to his queen and being a wise husband he was obeying. "Do you need anything?" He left it open for her to decide as he had learned from his mother, her many pregnancies having taught her son not to try to fix things but simply be present and ready to give aid whenever necessary.

Cynthia wriggled into the room scowling at her father, who had slipped in through a side door while Rose was talking to the baby within her, and the dog went to her bed and flopped into it her back to her parents.

Rallon chuckled. "It would seem our eldest would like you to know that she is not speaking to me at the moment." He kissed Rose just under her right ear then lay his jaw lightly on that shoulder. "Forgive my teasing my love. But you know how foolish I am when it comes to clothes. Perhaps we could take Vanr to the dressmaker together and you could explain to my tailor what you want in my wardrobe while I make sure it fits?" He hummed happily as his right hand came to rest over her abdomen, along with hers, stroking the skin softly through her dress thinking his own thoughts on the life within.

His left hand slipped into hers and lifted it gesturing at the 'sleeping' dog. "And that one will agree that the last person to make a decision on how my wardrobe looks should be me. Remember I once attended a ball after a tournament in the same armor I had worn all day." That the armor had been bloody, broken, and had revealed his entire chest and both feet had not mattered to the man who had had a wonderful time and driven his mother mad, though Lord Granger had thought it hysterical that the young man had been so calm about it. Rallon had won the tournament of course, despite his age.

Rose was only the tiniest bit surprised when her husband embraced her from behind. It made a smile tug at one of the corners of her lips. His comforting embrace, paired with the sweet and intoxicating kisses wiped out all remaining traces of annoyance that may have lingered from moments ago. "Mmm... All is well, for now."

She had no instant answer to his second question and she took the time to ponder. Meanwhile she noticed as their fuzzy child entered the room and skulked her way over to her bed. "I wonder why?" She could not help but sarcastically say with a clever smile upon her lips.

None the less she loved Rallon unconditionally so she relaxed completely in his warm embrace. He would know that she had already forgiven him, but it was nice to hear him ask. She remained silent as his offer hung in the air. She felt very relaxed right now, and it was not that she did not want to reply, but the moment was too nice.

The regaling tale of his last fashion debacle actually made her laugh. "How could I forget? My mother would not let me anywhere near you, as you were." With a broad smile she turned to look at her husband, over her shoulder and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. Her mood always picked up when they reminisced. A soft sigh of relief sounded as her hunger began to show.

"Yes..." She finally decided to answer his question from before. "We can take Vanr out to have a dress made for her and work on what you will wear as well, perhaps tomorrow?" The conversation took for a sour note. "We have not idea when he will show up." She added to a side note.

"Maybe we should get ready for dinner now. I don't want to keep everyone waiting." Again a soft kiss was planted upon his lips. "Cynthiaaa..." Rose chimed in a sweet melody. "No need to be angered with your father anymore." She smiled and was reluctant to leave her husband's embrace.

Rallon shrugged. "Unless you have other plans for me I am free tomorrow." he kissed his wife back stroking her neck and back lightly, trying to sooth away her tensions and fears with his words and hands.

At her would be sour note he sniffed. "Let him come when he will." He said no more but the room tensed for a moment as if it knew that Rallon would take great pleasure in destroying the man who had harmed his wife. What Rallon had done to protect Rose already played through the room's atmosphere and Cynthia's low growl at the mention of Jerin became audible.

The growl cut off when her mother called to her. The dog lay her head on her own shoulder studying her parent's, snuffed heavily, then stretched out laying back and closing her eyes, presenting her bely to the pair but also genuinely going to sleep now.

Rallon laughed. "Put's us in our place. Now Lady Rose. you have your knight in your bedchamber. What will you do with him?" Rallon was more than content to simply sit where he was holding his wife, but he could not help teasing her a bit. he suddenly laughed. "Got a dragon need slaying?"

Such had been his constant joke to her when she had called for him when they were younger, using it both as an excuse to speak with her and to make her smile. It had mystified her parents as he had even occasionally used it at public events when she seemed distressed, but made no sense. There were no dragons and he certainly could not have slain one at such a young age. Could he?

Rallon smiled at the thought. He doubted his in-laws would ever like him, but they had produced Rose and he needed aught else to be grateful to them. Thinking this he kissed her neck again squeezing her lightly.

Back
Top Bottom