Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

Rallon straddled her once Titus left. he placed a single finger on her chest and lightly pushed her down. "Darling I love you. but if you try to get out of bed before you are ready again i will tie you to it."

he leaned down and gently kissed her. "now we are all going to rest today. In an hour you can see the girls. they have been told you are awake."

He kissed her again then pointed at Cynthia who walked over and gently but firmly lay on her mother's middle trapping her, her weight too much for Rose at any time, and now far too much to best, though her position put no pressure on her mother.She licked her mother's face worried. "Furrbutt here was quite worried about you."

He sighed., "As to your attackers they will wait until you are well and the child is confirmed safe my love."

Rallon's kisses and words were both reassuring. She did laugh weakly when he threatened to tie her down to the bed if she tried to get up once more.

rose then laughed and groaned as their furry child joined in the mix. The weight more than apparent, but not painful in the slightest. "Cynthia, honey, what is your father feeding you?" The woman jested as she scratched her behind the ears.

"I do have to ask, who said that I was with child?" It was a thought that may have crossed her mind, but she was trying not to get her hopes too high,for fear that she might be wrong. Although the random sickness' in the early morning and the fatigue were something new.

A knock on their bedchamber doors sounded. It had to be the food. "I can't get out of bed, remember?" She mocked him with another feeble laugh as she continued to pet Cynthia.

"What plans have you for now? Let them think me dead? Wait for Prince John to make his next move.....?"

He stroked her face smirking.. "i hope the bastard tries. i'll kill him with my bare hands. but he won't too much of a coward. The colt's were working on their own. Trying to eliminate a threat to their precious master. Their failure and the elimination of many of their fellows puts them in an especially weak position."

He went to the door and took the food thanking the servant. "Her ladyship will be taking visitors soon."

He walked back toward his wife smiling. "The girls are crowded at the end ed of the hall waiting to see you. Jessica and Lilah too."

He lay the tray down giving Cynthia some of the toast and bacon then began to feed his wife as the dog prevented her from sitting up. while she chewed he fed himself. 'You know since you're doomed to give me a girl as my firstborn i say we name her Sarah. Whatcha think?" his eyes lit up happily

She laughed as Rallon got off of her to retrieve the food, but found it funny how Cynthia remain on the bed, pinning Rose down. "You silly hairy girl." She whispered to the dog as the food was brought over to the bed.

"Aww... I hope I didn't create too much of a scare. I really want to go out to the market and visit everyone." She rolled her green eyes as her husband fed her, not putting up an argument, since she wouldn't have won.

"You don't know if it is a girl, but since I hope to inevitably have a girl, I think Sarah Granger is a beautiful name. But I have a name in mind as well...." She cleared her throat for a second almost a little hesitant on naming her proposition. "If it was a boy I had hoped to name him James. You know... in memory of your brother." She anxiously bit her lower lip as she looked at her husband, waiting on pins and needles for his answer.

Eventually another knock sounded on the door. "I bet you... that's your sisters. As impatient as ever."

Cynthia just looked at her mother with a big furry smile.

"When you are recovered i'll carry you out there if you like. And relax. this is adorable. And you know it." he kissed her smirking.

"Why would i name my son after my idiot baby brother?" he grinned and kissed her again. "i'd be proud to have my first son be named James. My only brother. Dear boy." His eyes glazed over as he thought of his lost brother.

"OI!! I said an hour!"

"But Raaaallllllllooon!!"

Rallon rolled his eyes. "Come ahead then."

Rose smiled as Rallon agreed to the name. She loved his kisses and it only made her laugh as the girls whined their brother's name from the other side of their bed chambers door. Rose sat herself up with four pillows supporting her back as a horde of girls came through the door. Some surrounding the bed and even joining her on the bed.

"You're alright!" Thea shouted, as though she didn't believe her brother.

"Yes I'm fine." Rose replied as she planted a kiss on Thea's forehead.

"What about the baby?" Amelia asked openly. To that Rose shrugged. Placing a palm over her stomach.

"To that I have no answer. We can only pray that Sarah or James is doing fine." A massive 'AWWWW' sounded as she spoke the names. Especially James.

"Wow... no Rallon Junior?" One of the girls asked and Amelia stuck her tongue out. "Just what we need... another Rallon." She jested with a little laugh to boot.

"i'm going to marry you all off to Welshmen."

He went to his desk and began to handle some paperwork and such.

Cynthia stayed in he place over her mother, letting the girls pet and adore her but growling when they tried to shift her. They knew that she only did that when they were messing with her orders and since Rallon did not reprimand her the dog was in the right.

"Darling we need to plan another ball. For Christmas. you have some months but I'd like you to begin immediately. make the girls do the work."

There were a few gasps at their brother's false threat and Rose could only laugh. However she massively groaned when he brought up another ball.

"Another ball?" The girls reassured her that they would help.

"Yeah, we will help, especially since you will be very... big... in a few months." Rose gawked.

"Big? Really? Nice choice of words." The girls laughed and Amelia shrugged.

"What?! You're going to be pregnant!" The girls laughed once more and Rose took Jessica's hand.

"You two ladies are going to have so much fun. I do expect your mourning to be done by the next ball, but until then if you girls don't mind helping me in the garden for the next few weeks, we've new blooms to plant and some decorations to plan. I want your opinion on everything. The women at the ball were stunned at your attire... all of you, so we shall keep it up. We've a drought to make up for greatly. The wasted crops of fruit I've had fermented into ale, so it is not a complete waste and Lord Mewler has kindly heeded my request in expanding his trade from the lush and bountiful fields of Welshpool too our home in exchange for our alliance and aid in any tough situations they may have."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes before relaxing once more. "But... I am taking a little while off. It won't be long before I deal with our unwanted guests." She remained laying down with her eyes closed, but responded when spoken to and listened.

he looked over at her. 'Darling it's June. The next ball will be in December. i hardly think you need to react like that."

The girls agreed teasing Rose.

He let her handle the rest of things and then as she lay back to rest he stood and walked over. "They will wait until you are ready my love." he leaned down and kissed her then left the room.

He went to the library and took a seat in the best chair. "Show them in."

In marched the lords and ladies who had shown loyalty to Richard and merely wanted profits. he gestured at the chairs all about and they sat nervously.

One by one he handed out papers allowing them access to the market and giving them protection under his name. Already his protection was proving invaluable as he so brutally kept his roads clear and ignored the others making his roads the safest and quickest in the north. Still the process did take a good while.

She smiled with her eyes resting shut as she was gifted with a kiss from her husband. The girls seemed to take a pageout of their brother's book and left their resting sister to rest in peace. Cynthia, however, remained.

She comforted Rose. It was like having Rallon with her. Over the next few days Brother Titus would come and visit. Feeding her various tonics that made her want to gag only to have someone nearby to scold her when she wanted to play hookie with her medicine regimen. Be it Tia, Jessica, or one of her sisters.

Rose was getting far better and nothing seemed wrong within, so it was resumed that the unborn baby Granger was safe and sound. Eventually Rose was no long on lock down and she was finally free to leave the bed on her own two feet. No more tonics. Tonics which made her fall asleep, which limited her time to sleep, eat, baths, and repeat.

The Colts were waiting. Rose was done seeping in a hot tub of water and was dressed in a simply blue gown and sent word to her husband that she was going to the dungeon. The dark stone walls held shadows as the the lit torches on the wall caused her shadow to dance upon the wall.
"The prisoners, My Lady."

The male was disheveled with his hair matted and grown. He looked up with a cold grin. "We meet again, beautiful Lady Rose... where is that witless husband of yours. I'm surprised the dimwitted dolt would let you down here without him at your side."

Goosebumps danced across ever inch of her flesh. She took a moment to take a deep breath and spoke calmly.

"You will never, and I mean never say those things about the man that I love, I swear to Almighty God I will torture you in ways that you never thought possible. I will rip off what you call your member and violate you with it. I will force you to eat your two seed creators and gouge out your eyes and use your member on the eye holes...I will tear your toes and fingers off. I will impale you in non-lethal areas so that you may feel the pain of death without dying. I will crucify you and then finally poison you with the slowest working poisons in existence so that you have time to contemplate your errors as you die." Her calm tone masked a great deal of anger.

"For now... you will live to see Our Beloved King Richard return from with the safe confines of this dungeon. Then... I leave you in his more than capable hands." She did not even spare the woman a glance before turning on heel to leave.

Rallon spoke making both prisoners jump. "Witless?" he stepped between them. "Dimwitted?"

The couple were actually beginning to fear the Lord and Lady Granger. Not because of their violence, their threats, or their promises. The tales of what Rallon had done had gotten to their ears. That such a man would wait terrified them. what was even worse was that his wife would as well.

But to be forced to wait until Richard returned? That could not be.

"FUCK YOU YOU FILTHY COW OF A WHORE!!! I HOPE YOUR BABY GO-"

Rallon moved with a speed that made the woman yelp. he gripped the man by the throat silencing him. "You have insulted and harmed my wife. You just insulted and and tried to harm my child. Fisher!!"

Fisher came in with two masks with flat clamps and two guards. Rallon watched as the guards gripped their faces and forced open the man's mouth first. "I am tired of your filth." the man's eyes widened as Rallon forced the mask on locking the clamp into place on his tongue. "it shall have to be soups and water from now on but you don't mind."

The woman began to scream now. "COWARD!!! YOU PROUDLY FACE A BOUND MAN AND WOMAN WITH THREE MEN!! WHERE IS YOUR COURAGE!!! WHERE IS YOUR PRIDE LIKE OUR GREAT PRINCE JOHN?! WHERE-"

Rallon gripped her face. "Your John has never once in his life drawn his sword. Never done anything to protect anyone but himself. I have face a hundred men alone. What have you, your husband or your precious Prince done?" She blinked. She knew he was telling the truth and she had no answer.

"Exactly. And any woman who would kill a child, or worse an unborn baby, is less than worthless to me." He shoved the mask onto her face and though she struggled clamped down her tongue.

he released her and sneered. "No harm is to befall them. They are to be regularly fed and water. Until Richard's return as my wife has said. Only then shall i destroy them."

He moved to Rose's side and took her arm taking her up to the garden for some sun.

The prisoners were not worthy of a swift death. Judgement would come in due time.

With that task said and done, she was glad to be outside in the fresh air. Her head resting on Rallon's shoulder for a moment as they stood in the sunshine. "It is good to be outside again. It would do the both of us..." She placed her hand over her womb indicating the child. "... some good."

The color returned back to her skin. The strength in her legs having finally returned. "You know... come the time of this ball I should be quite... round." She laughed as she looked at the flowers that had bloomed. A lovely array of colors. With as girly as she was, it would have been no surprise if she did have a girl.

"I do wonder...." green eyes looked to Rallon. Such a handsome man that any woman would be luck to call her husband, best friend, and father of her children. "... When will our King return?" Of course there was no honest answer. Rallon had been away for too long and she was just really grateful to have him back.

Beneath the shady big tree, she stood. Her hair braided into a this pony tail that trailed over her left shoulder and almost down to her hip. Soft lips parted as she looked at the branches of the flourishing old tree. Green eyes looking at the leaves up above. "We must go to the market square today. Lily and her family brought me flowers and you.... a very comfortable chair. I took a moment to test it for you." She said with a wicked grin, having made an excuse to sit in it.

He pulled her into a kiss. "His majesty will likely not return for another year. Perhaps longer. There is no way to know for sure."

"Really? I must test that when we return. I've had a new carriage built for the market trips. We are ready to go whenever you like."

Cynthia appeared bouncing along her tail flopping. She walked up to her parents, sat, stared at them both for a long moment then barked.

Rallon arched an eyebrow. "Well of course you can come." Her tail twitched but she kept still and barked again.

"No you may run alongside. It's just rained. And you jut had a bath. You'll ride in the carriage like a proper lady."

She barked. "You are our daughter. You are a proper lady. Now go get your aunts. Everyone is joining us today. Jessica and Lilah to."

She barked and he sighed. "oh very well."

He leaned down and cupping her nose kissed her muzzle. "Now git."

She licked his face and ran off. "I swear she's worse than the girls."

Rose wrapped her arms around her silly husband from the side as she was given a kiss. She smiled and looked at their furry child as she approached. Some people thinking them daft the way they, most certainly Rallon, treated Cynthia.

She relinquished her arms from around Rallon as he appeased to their needy little girl before she went off to do her father's bidding.

"You are just as stubborn and , more often than not, immature as they are, when the time allows."She laughed and laced her fingers with his as she dragged him along. Out of the garden and to where the carriage awaited them.

"Ready to be stuffed in a carriage with more woman than you could ever imagine? Mind you most are your bratty and witty sisters and your two very modest cousins, along with your fuzzy child." She teased as she waited for the girls to show up.

"Come on girls! Let's get out today and have some fun. Make your brother miserable for me!" She laughed as the girls were more than excited to leave the walls of their home and visit the market and some were even talking of visiting Lily and her family.

"OI!!" Rallon wriggled free despite the clawing hands of his relations and sat beside the driver refusing to join them. This left the girls with Cynthia who was just sitting on the seat her eyes watching calmly her tongue handing. She turned her head over her shoulder watching her father then yelped as the girls swarmed her then lay on Rose's lap and let herself be loved.

The carriage took them to the clean and very active market. The sellers were happy and proud, Lily's family had opened a small produce stall and everyone was making a great deal of money. Rallon leaned back and handed everyone large sacks of gold. "Send it to the house. there won't be room on the carriage. Rose?" he gave her the largest pouch. He knew she would do whatever she wanted so he just made sure she had the right amount of coin to take care of it.

Rallon got down followed by Cynthia and vanished into the crowd while Fisher stood by the carriage watching everyone and Tia moved up beside her friend also holding a large pouch of gold. "My Lord gave me money as well...i am unsure of what to do Milady. Your people have never sold to me before."

Rose laughed as her furry daughter made herself at home in her lap when the girls joined them in the carriage. Idly Rose pet away at the clean coat as they ventured down to the market. It was nothing as it was in Rallon's absence, and even better before his departure. There was no doubt in her mind that his parents would have been so proud.

"Thank you." She kissed her husband on the lips before watching him disappear. Rose looked to Tia as she walked up beside her and a questionable smile crept upon the Lady of York's lips. Taking great care to make sure Fisher heard her.

"Oh Tia, my dear friend... your husband is going to hate me or love me when I am through with you. Come, we can even have someone import things from your homeland." Rose took Tia's hand and began guiding her through the crowded street lined with vendors.

"Beautiful jewelry! Beautiful jewelry for a beautiful lady! How about you? Such exotic beauty would look so lovely in these exotic gems!" A man offered to Tia.

"You could always say 'no'." Rose giggled and remained at her friend's side. "I personally go for clothes. The tailor has our sizes and she is fairing very well since the ball. Her work is commissioned everywhere since then. You've your own home to decorate. I occasionally sit the cooks down with the family and take over the kitchen!" Rose laughed even more. "So... how are you and Fisher fairing?" She asked as they walked on.

Tia smiled. "but of course you do. Fisher is wonderful. he is so sweet loving and kind. i don't think i could possibly love him more."

She looked over at him her eyes shining catching him watching her as well. Tia giggled then whispered. "And he is so wonderful in bed. He takes such good care of me."

She blushed waving away the jewelry as she giggled again pushing closer to Rose. She was rarely this forthcoming but she had a certain glow about her. She looked around and whispered. 'Rose...i think I'm pregnant!" She just had to tell someone and of course that would be her best friend.

The girls were all over the place trying tings, buying more, and just having a grand time. Jessica and Lilah were a bit stunned to find they were also given gold but were enjoying it quite a bit as well though most of their purchases were for Rose, Rallon, Cynthia, and the oncoming Granger child. All of them were sure Rose was pregnant despite the lack of evidence.

Rose laughed as Rose's best friend spoke of how good Fisher was in bed. "He had better take care of you! I've known Fisher for so long, he is practically a brother to me."

Rose clamped her hands over her mouth when Tia told her the news but she still squealed and jumped with joy. "Oh my goodness Tia!" She whispered back with obvious excitement. "Did you tell Fisher yet?"

To be pregnant the same time as her best friend was very exciting. "Oh I'm so excited for you, Tia. Fisher won't know what to do with himself, but he'll make an amazing dad and obviously you'll be one hell of a good, but scary, mother." She pitied the person that got on Tia's bad side when it came to her children, but then again the same thing could be said for Rose.

Rose bought a little bit of something for everyone. The girls swapped tales. Rose eventually dishing out how amazing things were in bed between her and Rallon. Tia admitting that Rose was not the quietest lover, which had Rose gawking and blushing. She had not realized just how loud she had been. Eventually the girls made their way back to the carriage, after they were told, several times by several people, that they were grateful that Rose was alive and well.

Rose gave them all her thanks. Hugs and even kisses on the cheek. Rose's poor feet were worn when she sat on the carriage, just to rest as the other girls were still scattered about like cockroaches. "My feet get so sore so easily now." Rose openly whined to herself.

Rallon appeared as if by magic and before she could argue scooped up her feet, whipped off her shoes lay her feet on his lap and began to gently rub them. "by the way yes Fisher and i know Tia is pregnant." he watched the ladies smirking.

Fisher sat on the floor of the carriage and lay his head in his wife's lap gently rubbing her ankles and calves which actually were more sore than her feet.

The people watching were a bit surprised but altogether pleased to see their Lord being so kind to their beloved lady. As much as they liked him he was still the Lord and something of a human monster, while she was the beloved lady Rose, the mother of the whole land, and adored by one and all.

Cynthia at on the seat and wriggled behind Rose giving her and then Tia a very warm and rather fluffy and comfy back pillow. Rallon kept working her feet and smiling happily.

Rose did attempt to say something but silenced herself before anything could pass her lips the moment his hands began to work their magic. Rose looked to Tia to see that she was getting the same treatment.

At first a rosey hue came to the Lady's cheeks. Probably because this loving gesture was so public. Cynthia was even thoughtful enough to provide comfort to them. "I should have known. You know everything." Rose dawned a loving smile as the girls came back to the carriage one by one.

"Thank you Rallon. Remember the by the time of the Christmas ball Tia and I will be fairly... round." She chuckled a little. At the thought. "Now I don't know about you, but I am hungry. Let's head home, wash up and eat."

He shook his head. "No. i just know what matters."

He smiled still rubbing her feet and shook his head. "oh now. we are eating at the Courtroom. being honored by the people. they are supplying us with lunch. I've already checked the food for poisons and such so we are well sorted. we just have to wait for the girls to HURRY UP!!"

The girls turned at his shout and laughed returning to their shopping.

He sighed. "Brats."

It was nice to hear that they would be having dinner with the people that worried about her and were more than grateful for what they've done since Rallon's return. For once she felt a little trusting. That she was not alone in those seven years and that she did have someone supporting her,but she just didn't notice it.

"Rallon Granger, I don't know what I would do without you." Rose spoke softly out of appreciation for all he did and all the she knew he would do for her.

Of course she laughed as the girls far from heeded their brother's cry and hefty hint. "Yes, but they're OUR brats." Rose dded with a little laugh followed by an unforeseen groan of, "Oh my gosh that feels good." It came from out of no where and she blushed instantly afterwards before slowly removing her foot from his grasp and pulling him close to plant a loving kiss on his lips.

"This should be fun. Sarah or James is very hungry." She looked around and spotted a few of the girls. "Gather up ladies, we're having a nice lunch in the Courtroom, we mustn't keep them waiting." Maybe it was just to annoy their brother of the sweet and loving respect that they held for their newest sister, but they complied. Thea kiss Rose on the cheek and stuck her tongue out at Rallon before giggling and trying to get as far from him as she could in the carriage.

"Forget the Welsh. i'm marrying you all off to the Irish."

he kissed his wife then pulled her back into his lap resuming the rubbing slowly and gently but thoroughly making sure she was well cared for and the troubles spots were gone.

Once the girls were all in the carriage it started off followed and lead by the people who would be both serving them and joining them for lunch. Rallon was especially pleased by this as it gave him a chance to speak to his people without the worries of the other nobles and he knew how loose free drink and food made people's tongues. he wanted to hear everything.

Fisher stayed on the floor rubbing his wife's legs under her long skirts the girls watching the two and smiling, while they continued to tease and pester their brother. only Jessica and Lilah were silent watching Rallon take care of his wife with a longing empty look on their faces that spoke volumes. they wanted what Rose and Rallon had so badly.

Rose genuinely felt as though she did not deserve this. Such attention from such a sweet and silly man. The compassion of the people of York. But then looking at Jessica and Lilah did bring back a few memories. Some rather unpleasant ones.

But they were easily brushed off. Of course there would still be those rumors. That Rose was a whore that slept with ever Granger and even the Prince himself. Only to hide behind her fiance's power upon his return and point the blame and the Granger boys. Such accusations actually caused Rose to laugh every now and then.

Rose raked her fingers through her husbands hair and sighed with contempt. She eager awaited the next few weeks. By then she should be showing and he excitement would be uncontainable. "Rallon Granger... we're going to be parents." What it was about openly stating this obvious fact that made Rose smile so brightly was between her, her unborn child, and her husband.

Soon enough they arrived and there were a plethora of hands offered to help the girls down. If any made it past Fisher after he assisted Tia in the most romantic manner. A string of girls led by the Lady and Lord of York, followed up by Tia and Fisher, were led to the Courtroom. The assortment was homey and delightful. While some were far too pompous to think of gracing their lips with this food, Rose was more than grateful.

Instantly she asked who made the pies to know where to get one in the future. Various people named themselves and what they did to help put this together and even a little boy jumped from the crowd to let her know that he helped with the chairs. Rose laughed humbly and gifted the young lad with a hug and kiss on the cheek, insisting he eat and be merry.

The boy blushed so hard his ears seemed about to burst. Rallon smirked and whispered to Rose. "Easy darling. You don't want to make his head pop."

He himself was thoroughly enjoying the meal. it was much more like what he was used to as opposed the rich food of the ball and his 'fellow' nobles.

He was also enjoying talking to the people who, naturally, were using the access to speak to their Lord and Lady without restrictions and were very free with their words. what was surprising is that none of them believed that Rose had ever slept with either the Grangers or the Prince, knowing well how she had refused to be alone with them, and having heard the same men complain about her refusals while the nobles thought they were alone. like most nobles they had never considered the peasants as people and certainly not that they would listen.

Rallon's exploits, being true, were far more wild and he had to deny several attempts to get him to tell his war stories.

Back
Top Bottom