Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

Tomorrow was the big day and while all should seem fun, there was still more work to be done with their attendees. More observing and listening than anything else. Rose's mind was spinning so many thoughts that she hardly noticed her noble husband enter the room until he took hold of her feet."Mmm." She openly relished the attention with a smile tugging at a corner of her lips.

"To be honest? A little tired. Worn and I've no reason why is it is this bad." A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she rest her head on the rim of the tub and closed her eyes for a moment. "The younger girls will be kept at my table while I've spoke to the older girls. This will be an excellent time to practice their manners and social skills while also collecting information." His hands worked wonders and hand her feeling as though she would melt.

"Needless to say I fear for the girls. Even with the best of training, I can't help but worry." That wasn't to say that she did not have faith in the girl's skills, but the lengths that someone would go to to bring harm were almost unfathomable. "Maybe all of this worry is what is causing me to feel so drained." She tossed out the theory and left it at that. "I think that I may skip dinner and go to bed after this. That is... if you will allow me too." She said with a weak smile. Rallon was always one to make her happy, but he always responded in her best interest, even if it was not what she wanted.

Rallon smiled. "You need rest not to be up mall night making love darling."

"And do remember. I will be there darling. As will Fisher and his guard.s All of us will be armed. As will the girls, Tia, and yourself."

He smiled down at her his eyes sparkling. "As to dinner." He pointed over her shoulder where a tray lay waiting for her. "Eat and get some sleep my love."

He moved around the tub and leaned in kissing her. "Love you Rose."

He stood and went to the door and out to dinner with his sisters.

A weary, though short laugh escaped her lips after she was reassured that all would be safe. However the reason she laughed was out of her own surprise. Of course he brought food up to her. How could she be surprised?

Rose easily accepted the kiss from her sweet husband before he parted off to dinner with the rest of their family. "Tell the girl's that I said Good Night!" She shouted over her shoulder before he could get too far.

Rose partook of the meal brought to her before she slipped herself out of the tub and dried herself off. Her hair was dried and left to hang free before she slipped on a thin gossamer gown that stop just inches past her hips. She placed the half eaten tray of food on a table next to the bedchamber doors before she crawled in bed and beneath the covers. Her body going through changes that she was far from aware of at the moment, needing the rest for more reasons than she thought.

Rallon obeyed telling the girls that Rose was tired out with all of the work and they understood and did not argue when he sent them all to bed early. Jessica and Lilah stayed behind to speak to him. they had taken to wearing very modest, almost religiously protective garments around him, not wanting to even hint they were tempting him.

"Cousin? may we speak?"

He looked up from his end of the table having been lost in thought after hugging and kissing his sisters good night. Jessica and Lilah were still sitting in their places at the far end of the table their heads bowed their hands folded in their laps.

He arched an eyebrow. "Yes. Come sit closer and we shall talk." He knew Fisher was nearby as was Tia and he had his own knife sitting ready in his boot. One thing he would never get over was his inability to trust anyone except Rose. Only she had earned his trust and kept it safe.

Jessica and Lilah stood and walked sedately to the places indicated and sat. They still had mourning veils over their heads but the wholesome food and kind treatment, and the presence of women who they were not trying to best, or men to seduce or use had worked wonders in them. The malnutrition and abuse John had put them through was all but gone already and even their eyes were less haunted, though that would be settled solely on the girls who had proved to be their mother's daughters' pampering and doting on their cousins without anger or any invective showing them the love of a true family.

Rallon saw how nervous they were by their shaking hands and moved his hand from his knife to the table. "What troubles you ladies?"

They traded looks then started to speak together then fell silent. He reached out and gently touched their hands. "Take a breath and just tell me." He patted their hands then pulled back.

Jessica took a long breath then spoke. "My lord cousin... we request permission to attend the ball still in mourning."

Rallon arched an eyebrow. "Lilah?" Lilah nodded. "Yes my lord."

Rallon considered for a long moment then looked at them both. "Why? This would be a key moment to secure husbands."

They nodded and Lilah spoke first this time. "My lord it is not yet the time to cease our mourning. and we wish to honor our families. We wish to be more like your sisters. And Rose."

Rallon smirked. "Oh? How so?"

Jessica gulped. "Lady Rose has always been obedient and respectful to her family...and you. She has everything she ever wanted.... even your sisters do...save the deaths of your parents... They have you and soon fine husbands. We are not ready for...that yet. So please My Lord Cousin? May-"

Rallon raised a hand cutting them off. "If that is what you wish then yes. But That also means you must stay away from all men. So if any of them attempt to pester you, you come to me. Not Rose me."

"But it's her ball my Lord and-"

Rallon shook his head. "It is her ball but you are my responsibility. And any men who dare to break the restriction of the mourning woman will have to deal with me. Am i understood?"

They both blinked and Lilah finally spoke. "But Rallon...that is not the place of a lord...It is unseemly."

He smiled. "i make my own rules. And it is my place as your sole living male family. To protect you. Until you are wed your lives and health are my responsibility. I expect many second cousins from the both of you when you are ready. We need good stock in the family."

They stared at him in shock then both of them took his hands and kissed them. "thank you my Lord!"

he smiled and gently pulled his hands free. "Jessica. Lilah. I am your lord only when holding court. at home I am your cousin,. My name will suit me fine. Now it is late and you have a ball to attend as well. i expect you to help Rose in any way you may." They both stood and curtsied beautifully. "of course my...Rallon. Good morrow. And please thank Rose for us again?"

He nodded and they left.

Tia stepped out of the shadows and plopped into the chair to his left. 'Did you mean all of that?"

He laughed but nodded. "of course. They are family. And there is something I learned from your people. Especially Saladin. Respect, duty, and love go a lot farther with people than anger and harsh treatment."

"What do you mean?"

He smiled. "Once in Jerusalem, during the siege, I was atop the wall fighting this burly fellow. Brutal swordsman horrible breath though." She laughed and he smiled. "Anyway the call to prayer came and the Muslims, on both sides of the wall were unsure of what to do. The burly fellow, no Muslim or at least no devout Muslim, tried to attack his fellows to urge them on. Now i have served with Muslims. i consider them my greatest friends. Great warriors. Beautiful women." he winked at Tia making her blush. "But I have never tried to interfere with their faith. I was not there before I am Christian and they were Muslim. Nor to protect the Jews. I was there because my King called me. This burly fellow however was just there to fight. So i stepped up and decapitated him. His fellows started to attack em but i held my sword out in the gesture of peace and said ' Go and pray my friends. We may kill each other after."

Tia shook her head. "You did not."

Rallon nodded. "Yes I did. You could have asked your master. he was there."

"So what happened?"

"They stopped and retreated and knelt where they were and prayed. Soon the entire assault stopped. Muslims on both sides prayed. And we Christians and the Jews with us held our peace. Of course there were some on our side who wished to attack while they prayed but we silenced them. Such an act would have left us in no greater standing in the battle. And would have been a sacrilege. People have a right to their faith. Did you not know that i served with Muslims? And I always preferred to fight at night so they might pray as they wished? that is the only thing i wish you would borrow from us. We may pray whenever and wherever we want. I understand the devotion but I have seen many burned mosques with the dead faithful still at prayer."

Tia thought a moment. "but how does that translate to your cousins? They plotted against you and Rose. Against your sisters. Yet you care for them?"

He smirked. "Tia according to the most radical members of your own faith you and I should be killing each other now. And your marriage to Fisher would be a sundering of the will of Allah. But you do not. Why?"

She blinked. "Because I love him...and you have treated me fairly...and with respect."

"Exactly. The two of you are a beautiful bonding of Islam, or peace, and Christianity which at it's most basic is the epitome of love. Together peace and love are a far stronger armor and weapon than any sword."

Tia sat back. "You are no mere swordswinger Rallon Lord of York."

He grinned. "No. but don't tell anyone else?"

They laughed and Rallon stood helping Tia up. "As-salamu alaykum Tia."

She nodded. "Wa alaykumu s-salam Rallon. And to Rose."

He nodded and kissed her cheek. "Go to bed Tia. you have you first English ball to attend. And remember you are attending as lady Tia of the court of York not a serving girl. I expect to see you and Fisher dancing."

She blinked. "But Rallon I-" he cut her off with a wave of his hand as he walked toward the door. "Rose and i both expect it. Fisher has been given the night off as have you. Your attendance is required. i wish to see you relax." She sighed. "Fine. But I'm gutting the first English pig who insults me or my husband!"

Rallon laughed as he walked out of the room. "I expected that. You will likely have to beat me to it. Go to bed."

She sniffed but obeyed while he checked on his sisters from the doors and sent a serving girl to check on Jessica and Lilah. After thanking her he went to his won rooms and after undressing slipped into bed wrapping lovingly about his wife.

Rose as sound asleep when her husband slipped into bed with her. In an even deeper sleep with the comforting warmth of his steely embrace.

In the dead of night she sat up with a powerful feeling. Her hand instantly resting over her stomach. A brief glance and she noted her husband sleeping at her side. Green eyes looked over to the window and it was very early in the morning.

Quietly and careful she slipped from beneath the covers and over to the edge of the bed where she sat for a minute or two, trying to collect herself. Mentally pondering is she was just imagining things, but then it hit her again. Rose's bare feet made contact with the rug covered floor and she walked to the lavatory, eventually meeting with the cold stone floor.

She took a deep swallow of air, hoping to fend off the disgusting urge that fought it's way up. Her head a little dizzy as she braced herself with one hand against the stone wall and she looked down. It felt as though an eternity had passed and she almost thought that she was in the clear until it snuck up on her and she was voiding herself of dinner, the same way it went in.

Finally she got a moment to breath and tried desperately not to moan. Tried so hard not to wake or disturb her husband. Acid burned at her throat and minimal relief took place soon afterwards. This was new. Unexpected. You would think that such an alarming moment would have her wide awake, but she was still so very tired. Water was slashed on her face and her teeth and mouth cleaned before she crawled back in bed and passed out.

It was early morning, but this time rays of sunlight were peeking over the horizon. There was a busy day ahead of her. Getting everything put in place and making sure that everyone was dressed. But first... she cleaned up and hastily went to the chapel where she prayed. For the girls. For her husband. For peace. For many things. Afterwards she walked the hall where the girl's rooms resided peeking in on them and seeing that they were getting ready for the day ahead. Surprised to find Jessica and Lilah up and dressed in their mourning attire. "Good morning ladies." A humble tone for the two as she walked in, closing the door behind her. Lilah seemed to helping Jessica with her wardrobe and Rose took this opportunity to sit herself upon the edge of the four poster bed with a sigh.

"My Lady... what ails you?" She heard Jessica politely ask.

"Ladies... we are first, and foremost family and friends. Please... call me Rose." Her eyes looked at her hands in her lap before looking up at the girls with a weary look about her. "To answer your question, I am just a little tired. Not yet completely awake. Is it that obvious?" A weary little chuckle sounded when the girl's hesitated in replying. "No worries, girls...I'll be fine." Off of the bed she stood, in her short heels shoes and walked over to Lilah. "You both look very gorgeous today. I'll see you ate breakfast with the girls." With that she excused herself and grabbed a handful of her dress as she rushed her way to the kitchen to make sure that all arrangements were made. Rose gave them free reign as to what to make because they had never once made something that did not taste sinfully delicious. Even those in the kitchen notice her weary ways and shooed her out of the kitchen and implored she take a seat. The Lady of York could not help but laugh as she took a seat at the table. The first to arrive.

Long golden tresses were tied back with a light blue satin ribbon that matched her modest gown. Ever green eyes gazed at the table's surface with no hard thoughts save for that she had not seen Rallon awake yet. Of course he would be awake but she had awaken so early, it felt almost criminal to have no said 'good morning' to him yet.

Thea unknowingly startled her new sister as she pressed a kiss to Rose's cheek and chimed 'Good morning' and took a seat at her side. "I hope you feel better." The little one placing a petite reassuring hand upon Rose's.
"Ah your brother must have told you. I feel okay. I could be better, and I could feel worse, so I'm content." The two discussed what was going to happen as one by one more arrived at the table. Rose's sudden bout of sickness no where to be found with only the slight aftermath of tiredness.

Rallon actually had not spoken to his family. He had woken when Rose had stood and had noted her actions which were unmistakeable but he had let her be. He was not going to distract her just now.

He was also a bit tired himself. So he went back to sleep instead of getting dressed. After Rose had gotten dressed and gone to see the others Rallon had rolled over to take up the whole bed. until Cynthia had woken up and jumped onto the bed laying on his back. She got bored after a few minutes and began to lick his neck.

"Damnit Cynthia!" She barked and tugged his hair. He rolled trapping her beneath his body making her squeal in surprise. he then rolled over again and hugged her kissing her face. "Alright you bratty fuzzball. What do you want?" She licked his face smiling her tail flapping about.

He sighed. "Alright let's go for a walk. Then I'm having you for breakfast. live." She slithered from under him bouncing, pawing at the door.

Rallon got dressed then led her outside. They took a stately stroll through the town, Cynthia being the normal dog sniffing and greeting everyone warmly, as did her master giving out coins, sending the poor and needy to the nobles and the hall John had been staying in for help, and breaking up a rather nasty brawl.

The worst of it was that it was over a 13 year old girl who two knaves felt was rather comely and their mates had fell in to give aid. The brawl was beginning to get nasty when Cynthia barked at it. Rallon sighed. "Stay." She whined and he snapped pointing. She whimpered again but planted her rump as commanded watching her father worriedly. "I'll be fine. if I do get hurt go get mom."

He then walked toward the brawl ignoring the stares of the concerned citizens. he reached the drawline, the edge of the brawl where items and people were being drawn in rapidly, and there he stopped. "gentlemen!" they ignored him. he sighed and let them pull him in. At first nothing changed. then the yells of rage became shrieks of pain and fear and the people around were stunned to see men flying out of the brawl. Finally it broke apart and there stood Rallon, standing over the cowering little girl who had been badly stomped on but was unhurt, and the two instigators were in painful joint locks in Rallon's hands.

"Gentlemen did the girl express her dislike of the idea of a personal relationship?" They started to babble about how she had propositioned them both but she screamed, "no my lord! i was just walking home from morning mass when they accosted me! they were trying to taking my virtue!" The men both started to argue with her but she broke into tears unable to withstand the fear nay longer. Fortunately her parents, peasants, arrived. they ignored Rallon and the men and rushed to their daughter asking why she had not returned. Sobbing she explained and they wrapped around her protectively then noticed Rallon's boots.

the father froze as his eyes rose to see the actual Lord of york looking down at him but the girl's mother would not be so controlled. "Are you a nother vile noble? Allowing your knaves to rape innocent children?!" he blinked. "They are not my knaves dear lady. And before I answer your question I have two questions for you. Are the nobles actually allowing that? And do you knwo who i am?"

She snarle.d "of course! Have since the good Lord Granger fell ill. And no. Who are you?" he rhusband started to nudge her. but Rallon spoke first. "i am Rallon Granger. lord of York." The woman went pale as snow then fell to her knees, but still between Rallon and her child. "punish me if you wish my lord but spare my child please. I-" He broke in. "Have your other children been so abused?" She nodded automatically unable to speak.

Rallon turned his attention to the men he still held. "have you two been at this long?" they started to deny it but several voice broke in calling them liars. The crowd was still about and none of the brawlers had been able to escape, few of them having even regained consciousness yet. A shopkeeper stepped forward. "my lord?"

Rallon looked at the man. "Baker?"

"Aye my lord...the nobles...they allow their men much freedom...It has been so for many years...since your father became ill as Mary said... we-"

Rallon broke in again. "And what of the others here. Are they party to this filth?" The crowd all affirmed it.

Rallon licked his lips. He despised rapists. Especially pedophiles. Those who defended it by quoting the Greeks had learned tot heir cost that Rallon despised the Greeks as well.

He leaned in and spoke to those he held. "tell me how many and i MAY let you walk away from this place with your lives. lie to me again and you will never see another sunset." The one whose right arm was wrapped around his neck with Rallon' left knee in his spine squeaked out, "nine!" while the other whose left arm was at a very painful angle behind his back croaked out, "eleven." Rallon's eyes blazed. The Muslims protected their children like treasures. His own people on the other hand....but then again his own brothers had raped his sisters.

He looked around at the crowd. "Hear me. I hereby declare that any man or woman who uses any person not of marrying age for sexual pleasure without their consent will suffer severe consequences. Bear witness." Simply by flexing his leg he dislocated the left man's arm then with a savage twist shattered it, then he wrenched his right hand down destroying the right man's arm.

He threw them both, screaming, to the ground then looked at his people. "My friends my court is always open. have you any grievance, ANY, between yourselves, the knaves, or even the so called nobles you will come to me. Not to them. TO ME. Scribe!"

A small reedy man jumped at the shout but rushed forward. "Milord?"

"Take that and this as an order." he waited until the scribe had finished writing. "All abuse of peasant,knaves, and others of less wealth will cease immediately. All abuse of children and any rape of any person in my lands will be dealt with personally by me. " he waited then signed the scroll then pressed his seal onto the document. "Make as many copies as needed. i want that on every notice board, in the hands of every noble house, and in the mouths of every crier in York before noon. Am i clear?"

The scribe nodded. "Good. Off with you. Send me some guards as you go."

"Yes milord."

Rallon turned away glaring down at the two screaming rapists. "I advise you silence your cries. i am not in a patient mood and you are giving me a headache." whimpering they fell silent. Rallon turned to look at the crowd again. "So while i am here..what are your grievances? Someone bring me a chair please?"

A woodworker brought out a rather plain but sturdy stool. Rallon hefted it. "Fine work. How much to rent it?"

"my lord it is yours for the asking . I-" Rallon cut him off. "I don't take favors. Here." he tossed the man a purse of gold worth nearly his whole shop, but ignored the look and set the stool down and sat upon it. he gestured at his people. "Tell me. And Mary?" the pale woman was still staring at him in shock. "You go first. the n get your child home. And you dear?" he smiled at the girl who slowly smiled back. "When you have cleaned yourself please bring yourself and your family to my manor today. Speak to my wife. You are to wait there until i return and give you further instructions. Alright?" She nodded and curtsied. "Yes milord."

he smiled. "What is your name dear?" She blushed. "Lily milord." He nodded. "A lovely name. And your name sir?" Lilly's father jerked then promptly answered, "Carl milord." Rallon nodded. "Well grievances?

At first none of the three spoke but then the troubles began to spill out and Rallon listened closely asking questions of names he did not know. The market was effectively closed for the day but at the same time money was being spent wildly. Whole people waited they bought chairs, benches or rolled their carts up, and bought food, drink and other things.

While Lilly and her family were still talking the guards arrived thinking the peasant had trapped their lord. Before they could overreact though he pointed at the still whimpering rapists, and those just coming to. "All of them will be taken to the dungeon. The injured ones will not be given aid. "

"But milord.. They-"

"THEY WILL NOT BE GIVEN AID!!!"

Everyone jumped and the guards fell to obeying. "And once they are in the dungeon you will return. Along with more guards."

The guards obeyed and Rallon turned back to Lilly. Not long after they left with a purse of gold and with their grievances noted and addressed. Rallon looked at everyone else. "Next?"

This is how he spent his morning, buying food for himself and the needy and poor who came to see what was going on. Soon the crowd was dwindling actually pleased and with true aid given. Rallon did get a different chair before noon but was pleased to find that though he knew he had not helped everyone it was a good start. At noon he headed home needing a wash. he had a bit of blood on him.

The girls ate breakfast and actually had a heated discussion as to what could happen and how to manage it. One asking what to do if a man wants to be alone with you.

"No. Your Lady and Lord wish you to be within the company of all guests at all times as is the duty of the hosts. For the host of this prestigious gathering is the Granger Family. You gorgeous girls will use that wit, charm, and subtle craftiness you possess so well and try and enjoy yourselves in the mean time." Silly questions were brought up such as could they drink and would their brother do that embarrassing thing that he did at the wedding.

Rose found herself laughing more and her ill state was no more. They remained at the tables past breakfast, just talking and stories were swapped, mainly about Rallon. Some most embarrassing. "Well... I first saw your brother in the library when we were much younger." She smiled and averted her eyes to the table top almost imagining that moment again.

"Always studying, he was. At least when I noticed him. His nose buried in a book. I'd taken a liking to him. Hiding amongst the books and shelves. Peering behind corners, wondering if he had ever noticed me. Well...one fine day my parents were having a social moment with your parents, bless their souls, and I was running around the garden when someone threw a rock at me. And then another and then another. Well I won't say who it was but your brother, Rallon found them and needless to say he didn't take kindly to me being pelted with rocks. I nearly ran to my father, like the little girl I was."

The girls seemed to be hanging on her every word. The little tale was wrapped up and the girls shooed off to their rooms to get ready. Each given a handmaiden to tend to them. Though the girls were more than willing to dress themselves, there were too many girls who needed to be put in a good place, so it was just an idea that she came up with.

With that done Rose went to her own room with two handmaidens in tow to get her dressed and ready for the party. The Lady of York was so excited to try on her dress. Her and the seamstress spent forever designing it. The material was deep shimmering green laced with hints of gold flecks. Something new and eye catching. Her shoulders were bare and ruffled straps arched around the top of her arms. A heart shaped neckline kept everything in place with her gold locket nestled just above the valley of her bust. A gift from Rallon when they were younger. The gown flowed and was not heavy at all. A gold tulle sash was tied around her waist and left to hang from her left hip. Golden tresses hung freely with a gold and emerald modest circlet about her head.

Rose could hardly stop smiling as she looked at herself in the mirror. The girls complimenting her and talking about a "glow" about her. With that she was off to see about an audience with a young girl sent by Rallon. She had them sent to the parlor where she joined the humble family. The young girl seemed in awe of Rose and her parents seemed so grateful, explaining how Rallon instructed them to stay until he arrived. "Well, well, you are a brave girl and smart to prize your virtue. You have loving parents and I see a bright future in you. Please... sit."

"Jargen? Please bring a tray of food for our guests and something to drink as well. You might get hungry waiting on my husband at that will not do." The request was fulfilled in no time and while they insisted on not imposing Rose equally insisted that it was her pleasure. Rose shared smiles and laughs with the young girl. Particularly how they were both named after beautiful flowers. "There will be changes, for the better. I assure you this." She spoke to the young girl's family as she braided Lily's gorgeous auburn tendrils into and adorable display.

Rallon walked in well past noon going right to the drawing room where Lily and her family were waiting with Rose. He started to speak but was stopped by the sight of his stunning wife. he stared for a long moment then licked his lips.

"Darling..I would like these three and any of their family to attend the ball tonight as my personal guests. Please handle the arrangements?" Cynthia peeked in and barked at her mother. "Furtail says she needs a bath. we are going to go handle that." It was true. both dog and master were absolutely filthy.

He took her to the tub and just jumped in with the dog and began to scrub them both down. After an hour they were both clean. He got out of the tub and rinsed himself removing her fur then wrapped himself in a blanket as he dried Cynthia off then brushed out her fur and tied a golden ribbon around her neck. "Alright fuzzball. Go help your mother. And be nice. No fighting. And if you go roll in the dirt I'll only feed you vegetables." The dog scowled then licked his hand walking out.

Rallon went to his closet and after some growling and straining he squeezed himself into a suit that matched Rose's dress perfectly. He sighed. It was very tight and made him look even bigger than he was but fortunately his butt was covered by his tails, and as the lord people would not dare to pester him overmuch. He sighed and walked down to check on Lilly, her parents, and her brother and sister.

"i hope this nightmare is worth it." He hated balls.

As the Lord of York approached both Lily and her parents stood and bowed. "Please, be seated." She requested as Rallon spoke his desires. "So be it." She said with a little laugh as he dismissed himself and Cynthia. Rose noted the blood on him and knowing that it wasn't his, she would question it later. The moment Rallon was gone she took Lily by the hand and gestured for her family to to follow. "With all the girls in this manor we surely have something for you girls and the gentleman as well. You are... after all, our guest."

First Lily and her sister were taken to two of Rallon's sisters. Both similar in age and body type where the girls had far too much fun helping their brother's guests find something to wear. While the girls were left to their own devices, Rose summoned her seamstress. The talented woman was bound have something already in her arsenal for both father and son. Afterwards Lily's mother was taken Rose's own bed chambers. A gorgeous gown was found that fit her just perfectly.

Eventually the family was reunited once more at the heart of where the ball was to take place. Lily and her sister beaming in their new dress' and twirling with innocent laughs. "Consider these gifts, they are yours to keep. Tonight you will enjoy yourselves. Help yourself to anything. Should you need anything seek me or my husband out." She seemed to be talking more to the parents as the girls were having too much fun mingling with the Granger girls.

Rose gave the order to open the doors for the guests already arriving and the music played the background. Drinks being served to all who desired to wet their lips. The remainder of her new sisters emerged and they all look breathtakingly beautiful. The former Lady Granger would have been so proud of her daughters. What stunned her most of all was the sight of Tia. Rose went completely slack jawed as she made her way of to the woman. "Oh... Oh my... Tia. I'm surprised that Fisher doesn't have you held up in your bed chambers." The second half whispered for her ear and her ears only as she hugged her newest and dearest friend.

More people that caught her eye were Lilah and Jessica. With open arms Rose walked over to her new cousins and pressed a kiss to their cheeks. "You look as beautiful as ever. Yes even in Mourning. Surly Rallon has told you this but should you need anything, don't hesitate in the slightest to come to me or Rallon." With that she parted with a sight as her inevitable duty as Hostess was called upon. At the entryway and the bottom of the stairs was where she stood greeting each and every guest. Being complimented left and right.

Compliments as to the girls were sprinkled in congratulations. Some were easily faux and done out of show and expectancy, but some were not so easy to read.

And this was why he hated balls. Cynthia was down amongst the people, as the Lord's favored pet she could go anywhere and her perfect behavior and tendency toward the younger girls made her unnoticeable and served to help the girls quell their nerves. their brother however had to wait until the time was right and enter the ball at the specified time.

"Next time I'm making Rose come with me Fisher."

The knight grinned looking rather handsome in his black suit that was not as tight as Rallon's but still served to make him look powerful and strong. "Yes my lord."

Rallon looked over at him with narrowed eyes. "you laughing at me Fisher? i can still make you dance with Lady Isherwood."

Fisher grinned. "Fraid not my Lord. She brought an escort."

Rallon snarled. "Get out here. Go dance with your wife."

Fisher smirked but obeyed. Finally the clock chimed the and he went to the doors.

Just on the other side the court announcer slammed his staff onto the floor three times drawing all attention.

"My Lords. My Ladies. His most noble excellency, Rallon Granger. Our Lord of York."

The doors swept open and Rallon sighed walking out into the open then slowly down the stairs toward his people while everyone applauded. he was fortunate in that Tia had moved his wife to the base of the stairs. He stopped a few steps up and reached down taking her hand pulling her up to join him. "ladies and gentlemen i bid you welcome to our home. i hope you enjoy yourselves. But first please show your gratitude to my beautiful bride for her hard work at preparing all of this." he began to clap and soon the entire room was applauding for Rose, while Cynthia sat at the base of the stairs and barked for her mother her tail flopping back and forth happily and proudly.

After several seconds it ended and Rallon pulled Rose into a kiss. "Now my beloved bride...shall we dance?" he lead her down the steps toward the dance area while musicians began to play. he was smiling and was very happy but because of their positions she could she that he needed to have better tailored suits. this one was showing serious signs of strain and groaned weakly every time he moved his arms or chest.

(Oh btws. POST 666!! oooooh spooky)

Tia and Rose were conversing at the base of the stairs when Fisher joined them. The newlyweds sharing a sweet kiss and compliments being passed about. When the clock chimed and the her husband was announced she smiled and watched as he approached. She knew that he would not let her get away without and introduction and so she joined him at his side and took the praise and the credit. It did feel nice and even very relaxing when she was asked to dance.

"Of course. I thought you'd never ask." As always she followed Rallon's lead as others joined them in the dance to the music that filled the room. The girls seemed to mingle here and there and people gathered in some clicks.

"You are unbelievably nice, bringing that family to our home, you know this, right?" Her lips caressed his ear as she spoke and they dance due to the many voices around them.

"But... your kindness has no bounds and for that, I love you all the more. So.... thank heavens this ball this done, for the most part. I actually can wait until it is over... how about you?"

Heavens knows it would be a while before their next ball. Mayhaps the next season. "Also...you look really handsome tonight... a tad stiff..." She couldn't hide her laugh even if she tried. "Needless to say, you need a new suit, but it serves its purpose well." She heard peole talking and caught one dirty look from afar.

"Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be the highlight of this entire ball. I over heard James Emery speaking to Lord Briar about moving trades through another village. He thinks the war has done too much damage and the 'new blood' is not to be trusted." The music ended and she smiled at him.

Her facial expression only implying happiness. "Needless to say I plan on talking to his son, who....fair warning....seems to have an eye for your sister Alice. Poor twig of a boy. Alice could snap him in two with little effort. If any at all." She felt a little bad, but it seemed true and funny.

"Alright, alright, I'll be a good girl." Smiling and hiding another laugh as she rest her head in the curve of his neck before reemerging when it was gone. "I had better mingle with the guests. No doubt the women have name questions about the dress... speaking of which, do you like?" She asked with a wicked faux innocent smile. She wanted to hear his answer before walking into the crowd in search for their special guests from earlier in the day.

He grinned as they dance. "Actually i heard the same thing. He will have a problem. all the men he could have used for that journey are in the dungeon. But if he wants to, let him. He won't find nearly the profit, nor will he have the protection. i am protecting only our roads. Our market is already the best in the North and soon in the entire land."

He looked around for the boy. "HE wants to marry Alice? She'd kill him in an hour. he's just like his father!"

He shook his head sighing meaning her question about her dress caught him off. He arched an eyebrow and looked her up and down. "You really must ask? you look beautiful my love. Like the lady of the north of England should." he leaned in and kissed her tenderly.

"Alright. let's go be good host and hostess." he sighed and went amongst his guests.

before long he was wrapped up in the matter of start she had already hinted at. he was fair and polite but ruthless informing anyone who threatened him that they were welcome to leave his market and town and be replaced by their competitors. He had no qualms about ti at all. What they did not realize is that he had been busy today not only hearing grievances but securing the services and supplies of every industry and product in demand int he kingdom. he held a monopoly on the market and no one could fight him on it.

Finally he grew bored with their whining and went to find Lily who he danced with, making everyone cry out in admiration.

Husband and wife shared in a kiss before parting ways. After a few conversations with some rather up tight people she wandered over to Lily's parents who seemed to be keeping to themselves and keeping an eye on their children. "She seems to be having fun. Hopefully what happened at the market will be long gone from her mind."

Mary couldn't seem to take her eyes off of her daughter while her husband made great use of a platter of scrumptious foods at her side. "She's smart and beautiful, but not the most handsome and richest man will be the best." Rose laughed and looked at the mother.

"She will find a person and she has your support. If she would like she is more than welcome to come and study with the girls and Rallon may even be able to teach your son a thing or two as well. No need to worry. I can always make time to listen to what you have to say and I've only the best future in mind for those that make up this great city."

A soft sigh escaped her lips before she looked at the duo with a smile. "But, enough with this chatter! You look stunning and you look handsome. Go! Shoo! Enjoy yourselves. Dance!" Rose was soon asked fora dance by a handsome man that she had never seen before. His eyes were dark a piercing with a dark piercing gaze.

His physique was toned beneath his tight fitting shirt with a dark goatee against the sun kissed skin of his face. His voice, husky with a well mannered choice of words. "I hope to see you soon again, My fair Lady. Your presence is mesmerizing and even, dare I say, to die for. Fair well Rose."

Rose had an odd feeling about the man. A sudden chill ghosted across every inch of her flesh before she took a seat at their head table and savored some of the delicious food.

While Rose was receiving her odd feeling a woman was trying to get her husband to dance. Rallon genuinely would have but he found that his suit had finally broken down. He made his apologies and promised her the first dance on his return and first of all found Cynthia. "Stay near your mother."

The dog gave a whine. "I don't care if he's handsome. Stay near your mother. I smell trouble." The dog snuffed but licked his hand and obeyed.

Rallon then went and alerted Fisher as well before returning to his room to find that his suit was indeed falling apart. He started to remove it correctly and the strain finally was too much. It just exploded. he sighed and peeled the scraps off and gathered his possessions from ti then put on his other ballworthy suit, an all black one, and put it in then put his things within before returning to the function.

He found the lady he had promised a dance to and took her onto the floor still searching for what troubled him. he didn't like this. Something felt wrong. maybe it had been his wife's face before he had been forced to leave but he couldn't be sure.

He did see that Cynthia, Fisher, Tia, and the older girls were looking around like he was. Something was going on. After the dance he thanked the lady kindly then went looking for his wife.

Finding her, he lightly touched her shoulder. "Rose? Is something amiss?"

Rose looked through the crowd. Not even hearing the elderly nobleman ask for her to dance with him. Eventually he grew tired of waiting and walked off. She scanned the crowd for his face. While his words usually would have been fairly flattering, their held and air of threat, laced with sweet malice. The music played on and her eyes searched and searched which only brought about unease.

So much so that the Lady gasped and jumped at Rallon's faint touch. Rose's heart raced beneath her bosom with a hand resting over it as though it would still the beating organ. " Yes... a man. I would never forget such a face. What he said was... off putting and I can no longer find him. Maybe I am over thinking things, but I think something is going to happen and he is involved."

Even as she spoke her eyes searched and then gasped as she caught him peering at her far across the sea of guests before disappearing from sight. "There!" She pointed out before taking off. Trying to part through the crowd to get to where he was before he could he too far. Why she was so intent on finding this man even escaped her, but it did not bode well for the Lady.

With her destination in sight and people moving all around her she was forced to stop when she felt a sharp pain pierce her arm. Like a sting from an insect she stopped and looked at it. Rose was bleeding from a spot on her right forearm no bigger than a thorn. The area around it turned hot and she looked at those around her to see no one suspicious.

Someone asked for a dance and she politely declined. Rose felt faint, as she had earlier in the day. Figuring that it was just a late spell of weariness she figured that she should sit down. She hadn't even heard Rallon the entire time. Her mind swimming. "I'm sorry love I... I'm bleeding." She showed him the piercing upon her forearm. "And... I think I should sit down... for a moment."

She held onto his hand as though she needed help with stability.

Rallon's own suspicions were far more keen than his wife's the moment she voiced her concerns he roared. "GUARDS!!! FISHER NO ONE LEAVES BAR THE DOORS WINDOWS AND GATES AT ONCE!!"

The command was obeyed immediately and at it all twelve girls gathered around Tia, Jessica, and Lilah. While the crowd was shouting and demanding answers Rallon was shoving his way toward his wife. When he saw the blood and she stammered her words he took her into his arms and snarled. "Fisher!!"

The captain arrived and Rallon growled. "Search everybody."

They all started to protest but Rallon ignored them sitting Rose in a chair and calling for a doctor while he tired off her arm above the cut with his sash. Then he turned on the party goers and they all fell silent they had never seen a face so full of death.

"The lady Rose has been stabbed. likely poisoned. i will give the culprits one chance to reveal themselves and they will receive mercy. otherwise I will find them and make them pay. NOW WHERE IS MY FUCKING DOCTOR!!!"

Everyone jumped then moved aside as Brother Titus, a skilled herbalist and amateur surgeon arrived. he went right to Rose examining her wound and beginning to search amongst his things to give her aid.

While Rallon watched a young noble sneered. "A leader who must raise his voice is one without power."

Rallon's eyes flicked up to him and the man''s sneer melted into a palefaced whimper. Rallon smiled. "i shall remember you lord Winston. For insulting me when my wife has been harmed. Only a coward kicks at a fallen man."

He moved to Rose's side not touching her for fear that moving her could speed the poison. he had seen such in the Holy land so though eh longed to help his wife he trust Titus to handle it for now. "Brother is there anything you need you do not have? i will send for it or get it immediately."

The folly of this moment was none to be taken lightly. It seemed as though Rose's feed were not intending on obeying her demands so she was quite grateful when she was aided to a chair. Her mind was spinning and closing her eyes seemed to ail it to a slight degree. However the volume of voices soon to become a pain. A literal pain in her ears.

The music ceased and behind closed eyes she simply listened. Her husband's voice was comforting. His urgency, reassuring. Someone seemed to pick the wrong time to speak and while Rose wished to speak, she felt drained. Utterly drained. To the point of blacking out. "She must be kept awake." Brother Titus informed the Lord of York. "Lady Granger... open your eyes. You MUST open your eyes."

"My Lord!" A deep voice rang from the second floor balcony where two guards gripped the handsome figure by both of his arms. The man grinning a bright, white smile. The exact same figure who had dance with the Lady of York moments ago. "This is the man who last danced with our Lady."

That smile upon his lips was there for pure annoyance. A simply shrug of his shoulders was attempted. "It could not have been me, My Lord. I am Dedrick Colt." A girl gasped waving her hand in the air and fixing her hair hair and dress as she ran up beside him.

"MY Lord!" The young impressionable girl bowed so low that her nose nearly touched the floor. "He was with me at the time... if I may be so bold as to say. When our beloved Lady fell ill." The distance between the balcony and where the incident was noticeable. He would have had to run to be where he was and that would have been noticed.

The man took a second to down at the crowd below. His eyes landing on the sight of a woman with a lovely face. Luxurious auburn locks pinned up with two large and ornate gold pins stabbed into her tendrils. Both being three inches long of pure gold. Only for a few seconds did he look before he turned his gaze back to the Lord of York and watch with slight, unmistakable amusement as Lady Rose fought the effects of the poison that made it into her bloodstream.

"Ah, though ill timed, I had a message, My Lord. Prince John sends his blessing upon the new Lord of York." So bold was he to utter such words. "I would be more than happy to lend a hand in aiding our Lady, for Prince John would be ever distraught were anything to happen to her."

Rallon did not the name and did not care. "Hold them both." His eyes were searching for something other.

The women Colt had looked at jumped as two guards grabbed her arms and lead her toward Rallon while the others continued to search carefully for the weapon that had wounded their beloved Lady. Rallon glared at the woman but ignored her still studying the crowd searching. He had several guards around the spot she had been cut searching for any signs.

He was speaking softly to Rose. "Darling you must stay awake. I want you to open your eyes." His eyes flicked to her's. "Rose look at me. Let me see your eyes."

The girls, Jessica and Lilah included, had all started searching as well, helping the guards track down who had hurt their sister. they were nearly as angry as Rallon, while Tia was far more brutal. When someone refused to be searched a blade appeared at their throat demanding they either be silent and comply or die right there.

Cyntia was licking Rose's hand nervously whining.

Rallon gestured for the guards to bring Colt and the girl down to him. He didn't buy their story, despite the circumstantial explanation. He may not have cut Rose but he was clearly involved.

Rose was fighting, but she was ever so slowly losing. "I'm so sorry for this My Lady." The Brother spoke to her, whether she heard or not before she was pierced in the same spot with the fairly large pin.

"Too small to be a blade, you seek a pin or needle of some sort." The brother spoke as he bushed down on the lady's flesh getting blood out and wiping away before he would do it again before he pulled a mortar and pestle and began crushing some herbs with oil as fast as humanly possible.

Rose shook her head slowly with a whimper and furrowed brows. "I'm so tired Rallon, please." She flinched as the wound site was messed with and the concoction was smeared over the sight and the pin used to pack what could into the petite opening.

Rose had never really did something that her best friend and lover had never wanted her to do, so she tried to comply. It felt as though anchors weighed down her eyes, but slowly did her lashes lift to reveal her dilated eyes. Within the crowd did one of the guards did shout, "Sire!!" He ran as though his very own life depended on it. The Lady Colt's hair pin was found upon the floor. Gold and ornate and petite. Belladonna Colt's face remained stoic as the pin that matched the one in her hair was brought forth.

"Lord Granger there is no telling how she may react to what was done. I've done my best and I will pray every minute, but someone must be with her at all times. Let her sleep, but any worsening. Fever, sweating, anything of the sort, you know where to find me. I shall remain here, for now." Brother Titus humbly spoke.

"What does that prove? You are a just man. A man of great judgement Lord Granger. A pin merely fell out of my hair. A family heirloom. My appreciation is unexplainable. I, Belladonna, am most appreciative." She bowed her head with faux respect. "Long live Prince John." She whispered beneath her breath as her head was bowed.

Rallon took a gauntlet from a guard and took the pin from the gauntleted hand of the guard. he turned it over finding the blood on it.

He held it before the lady. "So. it merely fell?"

he turned away before she could react. "Strip them and search them fully. then put them in the dungeon for treason against our King Richard. Continue the search."

He held the pin out to Titus. "Is this what wounded my wife?"

He looked to the girls. "i want you all to take Rose to bed and make her comfortable. Cynthia go along."

The girls obeyed though Rallon slipped in to kiss his wife. "Rest safely my love."

he then turned to the crowd. "If you expect to leave this room alive you will explain what you know. no one leaves until i am satisfied."

Visibly the woman swallowed the truth and her words as he held the pin before her. She didn't comply as easily as her male counterpart. She put up a little fight, but the men treated her as they would a man and dragged her along.

Brother Titus observed the item closely and nodded. "Aye. That looks like it could do the trick." Rallon's eldest sister stepped in, offering the good Brother a room for the night just a few rooms down from their sister so that should anything happen he would be close by. Instantly he accepted and joined the girls. He was taken to his room while the girls summoned a guard to carry their sister to the bed chambers. Each one openly threatening the good man if he dropped her.

Lilah and Jessica made no hesitation joining their cousins. Rose was laid to bed and taken out of her gown and dressed in a breathable linen thin dress. The girls circled their sister's bed. A few in chairs with their heads resting on the edge of the bed as they watched her. Speaking softly amongst one another. A prayer was said and sweet little Thea held her newest sister's hand and passed out sitting in a chair with her head resting on the bed beside her.

Amelia stood with her arms crossed with a pissed look about her beautiful face. "I think she's with child." That certainly caught a few looks. Amelia had helped deliver a child or two with Rose while Rallon was away. Rose taught her alot and she knew the signs of a woman with child. At first it was a mere assumption, but now she feared the worst. "Because of this she may lose a child." The room went quiet for a moment.

Dedrick laughed. The only way to describe it was maniacal. Even stripped naked and tossed behind bars did not dampen his spirits. However his female counterpart was a fighter. One of the guards snapped for a moment and socked the man in the face. Dedrick only spat blood and smiled with his bloodstained teeth. "You can't break me. You'll never break my spirit. You'll have to kill me first."

Fisher stepped into the dungeon with the couple. "No my friend. You misunderstand. my good man here is just angry you threatened our beloved Lady Rose. that's alright William. please go assist his lordship. Thank you. All of you go. i shall keep an eye on these two."

He sat in a chair and began to clean his nails. When the woman snarled about breaking her and reminded him she was a servant of Prince John, Fisher shrugged. "that's nice. My job is to guard you. I am not to touch you. i shall have to speak with William about that sir. You are to be dealt with personally by his Lordship. You see his dear wife is likely carrying his child. If you kill or harm his wife or his child...well I doubt it will be pleasant."

"What can a pathetic weak little lord of nothing do!!"

Fisher smirked. "Rallon Granger is the Lord of York. meaning the Lord of the north of England. Unlike your cowardly prince, Rallon has fought his own battles. He is also my friend. And so is Rose. So John gave you wealth. Rallon and Rose will bring peace. and woe betide any who threaten that."

The woman screamed her loyalties joined by her husband but both were nervous. Rallon himself was to handle their ...torture?

Rallon was not thinking of them. HE was studying each face. He had excused Llilly and her family though he had made a request which had been quickly filled. The walls around his home were surrounded by the peasantry praying for their Lady Rose, but many had come in with Lilly and her parents and they were pointing out people they did not know. The nobles Rallon knew he questioned and finding them just as angry and shocked as he, and once clear of weapons, he sent them home with a thank you and well wishes. He then dwindled down the other numbers eliminating those who he was sure were innocent and finding himself facing a large number.

Lord Winston, still smarting over his earlier embarrassment, chose this moment to make the biggest mistake of his life. "So is the bitch dead?! i wish to go home!"

Rallon had been pacing thinking and trying to stay calm. The moment the words were uttered he froze. He had been sipping from a glass of water. As he stood there the glass exploded in his hand and his suit began to show serious signs of strain. he turned slowly on one heel and not looking at Winston and speaking very softly asked. "What was that you said?"

Winston, hidden behind a noble name and other nobles thought he was safe tried to summon up his bravado. "i said Why are we here? Either the faithless whore is dead or not."

Rallon licked his lips. "Faithless whore?"

"Of course. Everyone knows she was sleeping with your brothers."

Rallon slowly raised his head and like the parting of the red sea the nobles leapt away from his gaze as it narrow squarely on Winston who seeing the death there immediately began to sputter. "my lord..i-..i uh.I- it was but a rumor..I..."

Rallon did not scream. he did not yell. he did not summon guards. he merely walked toward the man nodding even as he smiled a skull's smile and Winston continued to sputter and babble trying to explain his cruelty.

Rallon kept up his friendly nodding and smile as Winston stared up at him still babbling. as he stood there Winston began to beg for his life and actually wet himself. He then touched Rallon's shirt. A gift from Rose. Rallon did not punch him. he did not even hit with a fraction of full force. he merely slapped Winston across the face. The man's head snapped back and he fell heavily to the floor knocked out. Rallon glared down at him enraged. "Remove this filth and his mess. See to it he makes it home safely And inform him that if i ever see his miserable face again i shall kill him."

he turned away as his guards rushed to obey."Our own King Richard, rightful ruler of England, will return to this land shortly. Until then i intend to rule this portion of land as he would want. Well and safely, and profitably. If you wish to hide behind John and attempt to pacify his wounds and shame feel free. But i give you this warning. Touch my family or those I love and i will make it so you never were. i will burn your holdings down to the dirt. i will kill you, your parents, your grandparents, your children, your children's children, and even your pets. I will crush the headstones and used them to decorate my garden. I will give you this one last chance. Confess and receive what mercy i still possess. or follow that idiot who believes himself worthy to steal the throne while bankrupting our country and feel my wrath as the king's own loyal subject. Might i remind you that the penalty for such is death and I may choose the method."

He then sat in the same chair Rose had been in not long before. The crowd gazed at him with horror, awe, and quite a bit of hate. he shrugged and showed them his bloody hand and began to pull the glass out. "you have until my hand is bandaged."

They were trying to show unity. To show fearlessness. Especially before this pissant of a Lord who dared to challenge their good Prince John. But there were some who were there because they had genuinely wished to meet Rallon and were innocent or at least not a party to the attack on Rose. These spoke up after a quick conference moving together. There were actually quite a few. their spokesman knelt before Rallon. "My Lord we came merely to request access to your market...we have had our dealings with prince John but...as you said he is not wise in business. We would like to remain and perhaps profit?"

Rallon nodded. "Denounce John and swear your Oath to Richard your Rightful King and you may go. But I hold your oath. to break it is to die." They spoke it and fled, their names and faces well marked by Rallon and his guards.

Now there were only thirty, lords and ladies alike. These were the brave warriors to their true King. Or so they thought. One lady spoke proudly. "they shall be remembered."

Rallon nodded. "you gave aid to the plot to harm my bride?"

"of course not."

"You gave aid to those who would supplant Richard and place John upon the throne?"

"of course."

he shrugged. "Then you are guilty of treason." he gestured and a guard nodded and stepped up raised his crossbow at her face.

She sneered. "You would not dare! You-"

"Fire." the blot slammed into her face with such force it drove it into her skull and she flopped to the floor still twitching as the bolt protruded from the back of her skull.

Rallon looked at the next one as the mess was removed and the floor cleansed. Now they were scared and shaken. One thing about serving John was that it had been safe. no one would lay a hand on them..they were nobles.

Rallon sniffed. "And so the Title of the Lady of Westing shall pass to her sister Emily.A sweet girl. on seven. unlike her now nameless sister she did not spurn her parents. They will be relived actually."

One man blurted. "you cannot do that! We are nobles! We deserve a trial!"

"She received a trial. She was given the opportunity to confess and she did and she was judged guilty and sentence was carried out. treason is to be punished by death in all. As Lord of the north such is my place and right in the absence of the king." This was all true.

"but we-"

"you are traitors to the crown. You have admitted as much. I must perform my duties. i have shown mercy. And your time is up." he was just pulling his bandage tight when they all fell to their knees denouncing John and proclaiming themselves for Richard.

Rallon sniffed and finished wrapping his hand and looked at them. "Get out. Do not return to York. go hide with your precious prince. I know you will break your oath to Richard the first chance you get. But tell John this. The next person that threatens my wife will die the most excruciating death i can imagine. And tell him the Colt's are dead."

As they left one lady spoke. "And what if rose Dies?"

She received no answer and turned to find Rallon looming over her making her squeak and shrink back. "if Rose dies i am coming for john. And I will burn all of England if i have to. But i will find him and i will kill him.

Brother Titus spoke with Amelia outside of the bed chambers once more before heading to his own room to pray. It would get worse before it got better. How much worse varied from person to person. "But... our Lady is strong. She will prevail. I know she will. I will be back in the morning to check on her."

Rose only laid in bed. In the deepest of sleep second to death itself. Eventually each girl gave their sister a kiss and headed off to bed. Thea was carried off to bed. Tia remained at her side until Rallon would return. Fisher thought it best she remain here lest his wife take her anger out with blood shed. Every minute felt like an hour.

Silently two of the girls cried in their beds. Already having lost a mother, father, and their beloved brother. To think that Rose may be next on that list was far from comforting. Her breathing was steady. No response to her name or touch. However she did move, in the dead of night. Turning onto her side... for comfort. Come morning she would still be on her side. A light rapping on the door would sound. A rough night indeed. Still no response from the Lady. The knock sounded once more and Rose mumbled something along the lines, of "Please... stop..." Before turning over in bed.

Discomfort eventually broke her heavy slumber and she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes, completely unaware of the happenings of the late evening. She held a hand to her head as a dizzy spell overcame her and she laid back down with eyes closed and brows furrowed.

The concoction on her arm would be hard from the poison that it had come in contact. The knocking sounded again and Brother Titus announced himself, but Rose was far from ready to get out of bed, let alone wonder why the man was at her bed chamber door.

Rallon looked over his own shoulder at Titus. He had not come in till late and had slipped into bed with his wife stroking her side lovingly. He had left the colts in a warm dungeon, bound but well fed and watered. Their fate still depended on Rose. Until then they would be cared for and not be harmed.

When Rose sat up he had woken looking at her. this was progress. He looked over at the monk. "Well she's mobile...I assume thats a good sign?"

he looked horrible. he had been up until nearly dawn making plans and setting them into motion and had carefully made sure that he had gotten someone to discover the poison and it's roots as well as antidotes. he knew it would take time but he also had other plans in the works to protect himself and his family from poisons.

Rallon smiled watching his wife. he did know enough about poisons to know that if it had knocked her out and she had woken up meant more than likely she was alright.

Brother Titus washed her arm off and the area was neither red nor hot. A smile tugged at the corner of the good man's lips as he nodded. "Yes. Hopefully this is a blessing that, should our Lady be blessed with a child as we speak, he or she will be just as strong a fighter as their mother." While her head was still pounding she could hear the men as they spoke.

"Good, this world can only handle one Rallon at a time." She laughed weakly. "But I must ask... what happened last night?" She kept her eyes closed as it did ease the pain, slightly. Brother Titus looked to his Lord before explaining. Rose's hand came to rest over her stomach. She felt so indebted to Lily and her family, and all those that helped. Yet she felt angry. "Take me to them." Rose could not stand it. She sat up and stubbornly tried to get out of bed, causing her head to hurt even more.

Brother Titus implored she stay in bed. Insisting that some of the poison could still be left in her system and she would be weak. That rest was necessary. "For someone to come into OUR home and put not only my family, but my unborn child in danger. I can not allow them to live. They will be made an example of." Whether or not she was in her right mind, wasn't entirely sure.

Her legs did prove to bed weak and she plopped back onto the bed. A hand held to her head as though it would still the pain that lingered there. "Oh my heavens."

"I hate to say I told you so, my dear. Moving will only make things worse. I leave you in your husband's more than capable hands. I will have them send food for you. She must eat." With that Brother Titus dismissed himself. "How could I be so stupid?" She asked with a sigh as she gave in and laid back down and stared at the ceiling above. "I should have seen this. Poison. I wasn't even prepared for this in your absence."

Back
Top Bottom