Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

"Tis. But is nothing compared to you my darling."

He kissed her again, holding it for some time. When he broke the kiss the light show had faded. He smiled and scooped her up. "Wolves. Guard the door. The lady needs tending to."

Rallon locked the doors and lay Rose down. And did not come up for air until she had come to three shattering orgasms from his tongue and another three from more traditional lovemaking.

Afterwards he lay behind her, still within her as well, a connection he always hated breaking, his head propper up in his right hand while he ran the fingers of his left along her shoulder arm and waist, humming happily, and occasionally remarking on her utter perfection.

"I am certain I have been neglectful in this my darling, but I feel pressed to mention that you are without a doubt the most beautiful and desireable being in existance. Most likely all of time. Have I mentioned this assertion as of late?"

He leaned in and kissed her neck. "Or have I been remiss and in need of remonstration from Lady Rose? Without whom my life has no meaning? My heart has no reason? My mind has no balance? My world has no joy hope?"

Rose held a look of utter bewilderment, accented with the most pleasant of smiles in the after glow of her husband's surprise.

As always it was a surprise when she was whisked away to be tended to, but not once did she get a moment to catch her breath and her husband's stamina and determination to see her fall over the edge of an endless abyss of pleasure time and time again was so.... astonishing.

Those soft cheeks upon her face took on a hue resembling her name at his charming words. "My love there is not a thoughtless nor careless bone in your devilishly handsome body."

"Rallon Granger, you are, no doubt, the love of my life, my purveyor of peace, my magistrate of justice, and a virtuoso of lust and lovemaking. A being whom I can not see myself living without." His kisses drugged her and stole her train of though with great ease before she could even continue on.

"I often find myself wondering how we survived apart for so long. I also keep thinking the saying 'All good things come to those who wait'."

He smiled. "I am endeavoring to ensure you have nothing but the very best things I can assure you of that my love."

he kissed her again. "But as you are the very best in my life I do find it hard to equal you in gifts." He gave her another kiss.

Then his head snapped up as Alyssa began to cry.

He pressed a finger to her chest. "Don't move woman." His eyes were worried about their girl, but also very serious. He snagged his robe as he went to the patio, visibly relaxing as he did so. He called over his shoulder. "She got mud in her eyes. Fisher is taking care of it."

he returned to Rose and kissed her. "Did you move? If you did I shall have to pleasure you again in punishment."

Rose was flattered non stop and always fell in love with her husband over and over again.

When she heard their daughter, instinctively she began to sit up only for her husband to tell her to stay put. The woman did prop herself up on her elbows as her robe clad husband walked away, but she laid back down when he reassured her what had happened was being taken care of.

"Aww, my poor baby." She cooed before he managed to kiss that made her smile afterward. "Given that threat, I'm rather upset to say no. I did not move, my love." The Lady of York's hands caressed at whatever skin of her husband that they could access.

"Please do not think that I am complaining, dear, but is there a special occasion that I have forgotten?" Certainly it was not her birthday just yet. Then again her days had kind of melded together since she had so much work and she did know that the day was sneaking upon her.

He arched an eyebrow. "No? Must there be a special occasion for me to adore my bride?"

He kissed her again, pressing her down against the bed. "I believe when I married you I promised to honor and love you until the end of my days. i will always be in love with you. But i need to be sure I am actively loving you as much as possible."

He began to kiss his way along her neck and chest, then over her breasts and nipples, feasting for some time, then drew back to smile down at her. "So now my love, what should we do next? Should you be punished? Or should we just snuggle for a time?" His eyes glowed as he studied her face.

Rose continued to blush after her question was answered. Warm eyes surveyed the man she happily called her husband as he loomed above her like a protective canopy. The man was so romantic that it could bring any women to her knees with tears of joy.

her eyes grew laden with lust as his lips stippled their way along the sensitive curve of her neck and further down her body to her always beckoning breasts. A subtle and still sexy moan was fished of of the lady of York and it was all Rallon's fault and for this she smiled. When given her options as to what to do she laughed softly.

"My love as much as I would love to make another brief visit to utopia with you, I wouldn't want to be selfish in my desires. That and I don't know if I could handle anymore." The man had gotten her off countless times in such a short amount of time that it had to be a record. "I would love to snuggle with you." The palm of one of her soft hand cupped at his cheek as she coaxed him to lay down so that she may lay against his side and rest her head upon his shoulder.

"I didn't realize how much I needed this time to unwind and relax with you until now. Work just consumes and so much paperwork is rather daunting. I find myself more excited to leave our home and go to the village to help with the children's school and the shelter. Is that wrong?"

He smiled as he first took the position and drew her in for a good cuddle, stroking her hair and neck, then he spoke to her question. "No my love. I often need to escape myself. But I have you. And I need nothing else."

He kissed the top of her head, laying back and smiling.

"But now the question must be asked. What are you going to do at the school? And the shelter? I had heard that we were still somewhat out of favor with the Church itself due to our progressive views, no matter what the local clergy might say otherwise."

He snickered at the thought. Rose had been called a witch by especially closeminded priests, cardinals, and bishops, and many had threatened to go to the Pope for redress, while others had called her a harlot for capturing Rallon Granger. What they said of him was infinitely worse of course. He was a fool. A liar. A madman. A murderer. The rumors even included rapist, dark magics, and much more. All born of envy and greed. They craved his power. His station. His wealth. And of course his greatest treasure. Rose herself.

He was twirling a lock of her hair now. "Please promise you won't try to teach them too much. I know of no one who can keep up with your brilliance my love. Save perhaps your daughters. You certainly astonish me on a constant schedule. Which i do believe is intentional." He rumbled and grinned. "Trying to remind me that not only are you beautiful, wonderful, terrific in bed, the very best of wives and mothers, but also have me outsmarted in every way. I accede my darling."

He kissed her temple. "My beloved wife and partner." He was flirting of course. Or complimenting her. But he also meant it. And he hoped that she knew it.

There were still times he turned to see her and his whole being froze in astonishment. Her beauty. Her goodness. Her mind. It simply overwhelmed him that such as she loved him. A overgrown boy with some skill with a sword.

He smiled and kissed her temple once again. "I do love you so Rose. And shall even after time is a memory and history is ashes and dust."

Rose knew of all the rumors and while her anger over such matter managed to be heard rather loudly while she was pregnant, she cared not what was said now.

"My love, we, including the girl and your cousins, have raised so much money and coaxed my nobles to invest in such a good treasure. I am merely going to check on the progress and how the kids are fairing. It is my project and I plan to see things through." Rose enjoyed seeing the kids alight when they learned or was provided the very basics when they did not have it. Even noble children enjoyed being... children. Reminding them that we are all equal no matter how fat your pocket books were.

Rose's cheeks grew flush with her husband's words. The man literally worshiped her and when they were younger she couldn't see what others did, for surely all husbands were devout and loving with their partners, but no. Rose had long seen that her precious husband was unique in every sense oft he world and no matter how hard he may disagree, she was the luckiest person in the world.

She hugged him tightly, which wasn't all that tight compared to her husband's strength. "I can not even describe my love for you in words.

No man would wait so long for a single woman while he was at war. His patience rivaled no other. His charm always made her smile, and as a father, he was just as amazing. With a sight of blissful content she looked up at her husband as she continued to cuddle with him. "Shall we collect our family and join them for a meal?" She asked in a sweet tone of voice while her eyes admired the man that held her heart in the palm of his hands.

He squeezed her back. He started to speak but his stomach gave a roar.

He looked down then smiled. "Well i suppose that answers that."

He kissed her tenderly, then stood and dressed in simple loose leggings and matching tunic, then helped her wash, then into her chosen dress, insisting on brushing her hair for her after the rather matted mess he had made of it.

When she was ready he lead her down to the dining room just in time for Tia to bring Alyssa to her parents. The young Lady Granger squealed and grapsed toward them, her sister and Tuchesi right behind her.

Rallon took the child and thanked Tia with a kiss to her cheek. She blinked, then noted his attire and smiled at Rose. Rallon was always extra affectionate with people he like after he had spent time with Rose alone.

As he proved by straightening Alyssa and humming as he danced around the table with her. She squealed and giggled, clapping excitedly as her aunts filed in to watch their brother dance with his daughter. Soon he had come back to Rose and handed Alyssa to her mother as began to dance with his sisters, beginning with the eldest and working his way down to Thea, finishing each dance by helping them sit as they giggled at their brother.

Alyssa watched her daddy and giggled and cooed, hugging her mother tight, while Cynthia lay on one side of Rose watching him as well, while Tuchesi dozed off on her other side.

Fisher entered just as Rallon finished and was going to speak when Rallon whisked him into a dance as well. "My Lord-" Rallon ignored him and spun him to Tia who took her husband laughing while Rallon gave a formal bow to the table, receiving applause. "Thank you thank you you are far too kind....I'm hungry." They laughed and then jumped as he whooped and darted out to steal little sleepy David from his cousins.

David giggled seeing his 'uncle' but also yawned. Rallon glared at the ladies. "What have you done to the boy?"

They had become used to his sometimes rough playfulness and laughed. "He was just too excited to nap this afternoon so he's paying for it now."

Rallon grunted, leading them to their chairs, then sat at his own place with David resting on his lap and chest. Alyssa squealed and David smiled at her, but soon got distracted as Rallon began to twirl his fork and knife. David babbled then tried to imitate the movements, undeterred by his initial failings. Rallon watched him and smiled as dinner was served, aware that the boy's parents had taken seats beside him for tonight.

Thea, having secured her place beside Rose and Alyssa, leaned over. "Sometimes I think Rallon is even sillier now than from when he was little and Mother and Father told all those stories about him." She smiled and tickled Alyssa who giggled and patted her aunt's forehead.

Cynthia stood up suddenly and stretched, then shook herself and growled, then walked under the table to her father, putting her muzzle on his lap.

He arched an eyebrow. "Yes?"

She yowled then chuffed. He looked down the table at Rose. "She says you have ignored her." he looked back at the dog. "Did you give her a chance to greet you? Or are we in one of our unlovable moods?"

Cynthia growled but stalked back to her mother, planting her muzzle on Rose's thigh. She was somewhat antsy. Tia looked at her then at Rallon.

He smirked. "More than likely she's pregnant."

He raised a hand when his sisters gave him a look. "She's been in heat and that has her temper and patience shorter than normal. That is all i am saying."

Rose was elated at the sight and couldn't help but smile as father and daughter shared the most adorable of moments together. There was no doubting that he was not only an astounding husband, but and amazing father as well. Many found it utterly perplexing how such a man could have taken so many lives yet have such a soft spot for his family.

Rose held her daughter who was smiling ear to ear at her father as her gorgeous eyes watched the show go on around her. The room erupted in laughter when Fisher was added into the mix and Rose found her cheeks hurting from smiling and laughing so hard.

The lady spotted the adorable baby boy and marveled at how utterly adorable he was. Rose loved stealing wee baby David and loved to feed him. The boy had the cutest way of trying to share his food and Rose was smitten with it. He'd hold his tiny little hand out with a berry in it and try to feed it to her and she would feed him back. He found it so fun and Rose loved it to no end.

Thea caught her sister's attention and Rose was ever so curious as to what those tales were. Of course the Lady had heard many tales of her husband but there had to be so much more.

Cynthia easily snagged her mother's attention and when she heard the news Rose held her arms out with baby Alyssa between them. "Awww... My love, I completely understand. I am so sorry. My beautiful daughter I would never forget you." Little Alyssa gently stroked her sister's soft luxurious coat as her mother pressed a kiss upon the pregnant one's head.

At this point Alyssa's stomach gave the tiniest of roars followed by a little outcry. "Well, we are famished." With that said, the food was brought out the the feast was gorgeous. The cook, named Ronnie came out with sweat dripping from his brow and a flour stained apron spread upon his girthy form. "I hope you enjoy!" The man chimed with a smile on his face.

"Join us!" Rose called out with a smile. there were plenty of extra seats and Rose gestured. "Surely you would not deny me this one humble request, kind sir. You must enjoy this with us." At first the man did wave his hands before him in a silent denial, but after the Lady's words there was no avoiding it.

"Yes, My Lady and Lord." It was heard that the Lord and Lady of York would treat those that worked in their name with kindness unheard of from those befitting such nobility. At first, he seemed cautious, but as the wee Lady Alyssa began savoring her favorite delicious mashed potatoes, the man could not help but smile and join in.

"Oh! Sorry, we've prepared a special platter for Lady Cynthia." With those words a very petite man carried a silver tray with various morsels to temp many a creature. Savory steaks, chicken, and chunks on fish steaks. The aroma was mouth watering and even Cynthia's mother could not help but be a little envious.

"I do hope that the lovely Lady Cynthia will accept this as a humble form of congratulations from those that live in these walls."

Cynthia turned at the sound of her name, then saw the food and went tense.

Rallon smirked as she looked over at him until the tray was down. Then he nodded. She shot off and began to eat ravenously.

Tuchesi looked on but did not move from his place, so focused that he jumped when another tray was placed beside him. Rallon nodded. "Wise move. Pregnant dogs do not like to share food."

Rallon set to his own meal, watching the others and letting the girls tell the stories about him when he was younger. Dressing up in what he could manage of an old suit of armor and playing Lancelot and Galahad and Arthur sounded normal. Until they mentioned that his mount had been the bannister, and somehow the chandeliers.

Or when he had stolen one of his mother's dressed, sealed it up and turned it into a tent, even lighting a fire from within the bustle that actually made the thing float overhead.

Thea had even heard of an incident when he had been caught filching pie and warned not to do so again. So what he had done was to unleash the hounds through the kitchen and while they did so he made off with another pie, and a borrowed set of gloves from his father and had devoured the pie, then had washed in the stream. He had only been caught because one of the serving boys had caught him washing and thinking his master had gone mad had called for a preist to tend to Rallon's ailment.

Rallon growled at the memory. "Superstitious lout. Father whipped me himself for that one."

The girls laughed while he feigned annoyance but Rose would detect a hint of a smile.

Tuchesi finished his meal and stood and ruffled his fur then stalked to the door, butted it open and left the room. Thea noticed and looked to Rallon. "Where does he go?"

"To patrol. Remember he is a wolf. He occasionally needs some movement. And he is more nocturnal than Cynthia. But for now he is off investigating the house and everything else, ensuring we are safe." He and Fisher shared a look. "I would not wish to be anything or anyone he might come across. Especially with Cynthia pregnant."

Dinner was just finishing up when Tuchesi returned, going to Rallon and laying beside him while the dinner service was cleared. He didn't like being underfoot. Rallon leaned down and rubbed his ears for a short bit. Tuchesi licked his wrist then settled his head on his paws and went to sleep.

Tia shook her head. "Reminds me of the stories of you Lord Granger."

He shrugged. "One sleeps when one can during war. A wolf is always at war. And Tuchesi is a wise wolf. But notice how he ensured our safety and that of Cynthia's before he lay down?" She nodded thoughtfully. David had gotten back to his mother after Rallon had fed him, and now he was snoozing on her chest, his thumb in his mouth. She unconsciously stroked his hair and Rallon smiled.

"Both Tuchesi and Cynthia keep nearly as close an eye on Alyssa and David as we do Tia. Watch." Cynthia's back had been to the whole party since she started eating. Rallon draped a napkin over David who did not stir.

Rallon then gave a small whistle. Cynthia's head came up and she turned to look at her father over her rump. "Where is David?"

She chuffed but walked right to Tia and drew the napkin away, licking the boy's free hand. David squirmed in his sleep. Alyssa watched her sister and squealed at this. Cynthia went over to her and received a kiss, gave her own, then returned to her meal.

Tia shook her head. "Just from the scent?"

Rallon shrugged. "Possibly. but i would suspect she made sure to note where everyone was. She's a very wise dog." He noted that her tail flurried at the compliment and smiled.

Rose was elated for the company and she held back a laugh upon seeing Tuchesi holding back as their fur-covered daughter inhaled the gift laid out before her. If there was one thing that Rose knew, it was that her daughter was very gifted. Many thought of her as just a dog, but Rose would take great offense and be quick to tell anyone that was brilliant and a loving daughter.

It made the noblewoman smile to no end to see her daughters enjoying one another.

Thankfully this made her forget about her Great Aunt Duchess Elator of Brunswick and Greenfield visiting in the near future. When she was younger, she was ignorant as to just how powerful of a noble her Great Aunt was. Her father went on a drunken tirade one night about how powerful their bloodline and family was and noted her Great Aunt's power, but was offended that she had never come to visit when she was born.

"Cynthia..." Rose had not realized that she had been staring at her pregnant daughter but noticed when she was done with her food. A snuggle with the precious hound was in order. "You will always be my precious princess of a pup and I will always exercise my right to spoil you and smother you in love been after you have made me a grandmother." A sweet kiss was pressed to the top of Cynthia's head and a generous scratch behind the ears. "Relax." Rose could understand the need for a nap all too well after a satisfying feast like that if her daughter chose to do so.

Now she felt no desire to work and wanted to spend the rest of her day with her family while she could. Time had a way of flying by when they were together like this. Finally, she had the love of her life back and there never seemed to be enough hours in the day for her to enjoy his company. Rose had once confessed this to Tia and admitted that she felt rather selfish, but Tia quickly rebutted like the supportive friend and family that the exotic beauty easily proved to be.

"I think that Little Lady Alyssia, Lady Cynthia, and I might take a page out of sweet David's book and get ready to sleep ourselves." Rose stood up from her chair and bid everyone a good night and gave Thea the tightest hug and a kiss to the cheek. "Will you be joining me now or later, my love?" Servants already working behind the scenes to get their chambers ready.

Rallon stood, nodding to everyone, and took her arm, stealing Alyssa, and clicked his tongue.

Both Cynthia and Tuchesi both rose and followed as he walkes his ladies upstairs.

He said nothing as they went but once alone he delivered a kiss then left her to her own preparations while he handled Alyssa for bedtime. "Thinking on the upcoming visit I take it?"

Alyssa was so sleepy she only gurgled and wiggled very slightly as she was changed for bed.

Cynthia of course watched her sister being changed with unflinching eyes.

Even their father had to be watched when it came to Alyssa.

Rallon finished and tucked her into her crib, stroking her hair. "I have only heard your stories about your Great Aunt. But it is not as if she can divorce us or take our girls. What has you so tense?"

Rose watched with a sweet smile as Rallon took care of their youngest daughter while her eldest watched on. Eventually, she started preparing herself for bed and opened up her mind at her husband's question. "I am not sure that I am tense as I am curious. She is the most powerful noble and not once has she come to visit my family since I was born. I was wondering if it is the Lord and Lady of York that has piqued her curiosity. I highly doubt that our relationship or the girls are the reason for her visit."

The was a heavy sigh relinquish as her press was slipped off of those creamy shoulders. "I will have no answers until she arrives, so there is no need to linger on the hypothetical. I shall focus...." A kiss on her husband's lips was warranted at the moment" ...on the here and now."

It had been a rather busy day and ever since his return, Rose would never neglect the blessing that her husband was back after all of those years and safe. Her clothes were set aside and, though she could care less if it was of the norm or accepted, she had gotten comfortable in sleeping on nothing after she had Alyssa.

If ever their daughter's hunger needed to be sated in the middle of the night, it was one less thing that need to be worried about, but she always had a robe within reach. Her robe was dawned and she went to wash her hair in the basin and brushed her hair aside.

"Your eldest sister's suitor, and dare I say love... would like to have an actual sit down with us whenever we are ready," A rather bold move of the boy. It spoke volumes that the girls would even bring anyone over. They were taught that they were irreplaceable and had great value, therefore they would not waste their time on someone that they did not think would be a waste of time.

"I am almost not ready to see the girls off." The girls were her family and there was a strong desire to protect them at all costs.

"I still picture the night that they arrived at my door."

His hands came to her shoulders as he watched her in the mirror. "Perhaps that is why the great lady comes. To witness the mountain of York. Lady Rose."

He began to most lovingly massage her shoulders and upper back. "You rescued not only my family but your own, our reputations, the north, and more besides. You have achieved much my darling. Only a fool could ignore that."

His thumbs worked her neck. "You have stood as testament to British fortitude, bravery, and brilliance and have excelled as Lady, wife, mother, lover, and friend. If it has not been made clear the mountain and jewel of York are one in the same. In you redeemed the Granger name. Have turned the Benedict name from one of great honor and renown to the most respected name in Christendom. You have been the most stalwart redoubt of dignity, chivalry, and bravery in England in these last troubled years. All I am and all that I have done is nothing compared to you my darling rose. My sweet sweet flower."

His hands pressed onto her chest, drawing her tight against his middle. Then he bent and kissed her deeply. Passionately.

His lips drew back as he knelt to look into her actual eyes. "I too fear the loss of the girls from these grounds. But I know too that the Lady of York is watching over them all with the ferocity to make even rabid bears tremble."

He smiled. "For which I am more grateful than could be spoken or shown in a thousand thousand eons."

His right hand cradled her jaw, his thumb feather light on her cheek. "And in addition to all this greatness. You still make time to spoil and love me. Thank you Rose."

He kissed her again.

He held the kiss for some time. "Oh and Cynthia thinks you are rather amazing as well."

Cynthia was snoozing with her muzzle currently on Tuchesi's hip, but one eye did open to inspect them.

Rallon smiled, his eyes roaming her face. "So tell me love of my life, light of my soul, and keeper of my heart. Do we trust this boy with one of our girls? But say the word and he will be banished. Or given great gifts. Your judgement is the greatest of wisdom."

He chuckled. "And we must give some fuel to the rumor that you lead the demon of York by a leash and collar."

It amused him deeply that he had such a nickname. And also amused him that even in hatred no one spoke ill of his Rose.

There was no command against it but all in the north would beat the liars for such cruelties. And of course her husband would be much more ruthless in protecting her good name.

His eyes were glittering now as he examined her. "Alright. Enough time before the mirror."

He scooped her up and took her to bed, wrapping about her and began by peppering her face and neck with kisses. And then in the midst of her laughter he began to kiss and nibble at her more tender spots, his hands removing her robe.

There was always that same eager hunger for her. But no demand. As ever a single word from her was enough. To either stop. Or to grow more forceful in lovemaking.

Or by now a look or reaction.

Even Cynthia could not read her as well as her husband. How her left calf flexed told him where to put his hand then tongue next. And so on. And he always made sure both to read correctly but also to provide variety.

So his flower knew only the most powerful and deepest of pleasures.

Rose always had an ear for her husband and the sweet sayings that he always spoke never ceased to amaze her. The man's hands were like magic as they seemed to melt any tension away at the source of her shoulders. Eyes closed and his efforts clearly appreciated as he spoke of events that she recalled quite differently.

Yes, she held faith and determination that her fiance would return, but when he did... that is when the most change came about. Who walked right into the den of lions, that was Prince John's manor, and walked out with the title of York? He rescued his cousins and saw good in them.

It was her husband that dissolved the council and had all available assets returned to their family. He erected a whole new eye to York and slaved away with many others to bring his vision to fruition. He slew demons in various human forms and saved Marian from peril.

In her eyes, she could not see either of them without one another. Time and time again she would bring up points where he shined in their lives, and yet he would always find a way to place her on a pedestal. His lips always wiped her mind at the moment whenever she was gifted a kiss. There was no way that she could avoid his gaze even if she wanted to.

Was it even possible not to smile around this charming creature that she had fallen so deeply for?

"Whenever Amelia speaks about him, I can see that look in her eyes that I had for you when we were her age. The girls will expect no less than the love, kindness, and adoration that you shower upon me. I expect that they will choose no less than someone worthy of them, to hold their heart." There was a mischievous little smile upon face for a brief moment.

"Even better, is that he is the illegitimate son of Baron Cromwell. The Baroness, his current wife, looks down on the boy, though he excels in ways that outshine the Baroness' own two sons." Rose looked forward to visiting the Cromwell estate with Amelia and speaking fondly of the boy and the future that lay ahead of him.

Rallon made her laugh by bringing up the ridiculous name that some had given him. The laughing did not end there as she was scooped up and placed on the bed. "Rallon.... Granger...." His name was managed through of fit of laughter as the fair Lady of York was assaulted with affection.

Seeing the love of her life happy, always gave her a reason to try. Rose always believed that knowing Rallon was what gave her courage since she first met him. After all these years, through all the trials and tribulations the two were so well-tuned to one another. The Lord and Lady of York were an enigma of the times and this was in no way an insult for them.

This "demon of York" really knew how to make her heart skip a beat and no matter the tempo or steps taken, he always managed to drown her in bliss and adoration at the end of the night.

The night was a peaceful one. Naturally, she sought solace in his protective embrace as she slept. It was a wonder that their fiery daughter continued to sleep through the night. Alyssa would awaken early in the morning sometimes, but it was a small cost for several consistent hours of sleep.

The young girl was just as enamored with her father as her mother was. After a long and arduous day, the sight of father and daughter would always bring a smile to her face, but today's events were slightly different. There was a meeting with a few people of the church regarding the school and shelter for the children and the confidence was there, as well as her sweet baby Alysssa to win the heart of a few.

"Surely you jest!"

"I am afraid that it is not in the ways, and there are too many unknown factors at play that could lead to problems down the road," the priest uttered in a dragged-out tone of voice while a sister held Alyssa who was laughing at heaven's know what.

"What problems could there be with giving children of various backgrounds equal access to knowledge? Not to mention shelter and food in their bellies. We are all made in his image and I would think that you would want to protect his children. Or would you leave them to be lambs to the slaughter?" The two had been at this for over an hour. He was a stubborn advocate for the church and the Lady of York left no room to question how much she wanted to see this through.

When all was said and done, Rose had won. It was a massive breath of fresh air and them back in the carriage with the daughter, the most childish of squeals came not from the baby, but from her mother. "We did it! We did it, my beautiful baby girl." Alyssa could see that her mother was very happy and it was cause for the girl to one-up her mother's elated squeal and that coupled with the laughter is what could be heard coming from the carriage as the duo arrived home.

Rose had had to push Rallon into his office. He had kept trying to join her for this meeting.

But he and that particular priest never got along. The priest had many opinions. One of which included that Rallon was party to many of the failings of the crusade. And he had no qualms about sharing this and other horrid statements about the Crusaders. Not for their acts but for their failures.

Had he been correct things might have been endurable. But his views on that matter were just as close minded on his views on education.

His open hatred for those not of English descent in the household was also well known. He was not alone. But he did have the solemn protection of the church.

Rose was once more wise in keeping her husband away. Fanatical racism and hate based on faith were topics certain to put him in a dangerous mood.

Fisher of course was more sensitive to such matters given his own bride, but also took his orders from his lady as gospel.

He had ridden along as guard and now opened her door to a cry from Alyssa. She grasped at him squealing happily and gurgling. He smiled. "Not just now Lady Alyssa."

He turned to Lady Rose and bowed his head. "My Lady his lordship left word asking you to come to the castle site. Shall we ride on? Or will Lady Alyssa remain here at home?"

Alyssa squealed and reached for him again.

Cynthia was on the other seat watching her mother and sister. She was still on orders to protect Alyssa.

Tuchesi poked his head between Fisher's legs, curious what the holdup was. He needed to range today so had run along behind the carriage.

~

Rallon had started in his office, handling all the paperwork as necessary, mostly answering letters, including a direct request from this Cromwell boy.

Given Rose's approval he had agreed, inviting the lad to luncheon in a few days time, as a guest of Lady Rose.

He had chuckled at that. His beloved had one of the greatest namea for events in the land. Just her invitation had soothed many wounded egos.

Of course many still thought to steal her from him. the fools. Rose is not one to sell her heart. And never so cheaply as many have tried.

He chuckled at the memory of one would be romancer who had thought to sway her with a single blossom of her namesake. From her own garden.

The boy had been lucky Rose had been in public.

Tia turned. "Mast- My lord?"

"You have not slipped in some time Tia. The little one had a rough night?"

"Yes my lord."

"Is that why he is not here?"

"That...and your sisters have stolen him again."

"Of course...is he...teething?"

She cocked her head and he went on. "I think he is about due yes?"

"I think so. He had a fever and was very fussy. But he calmed when Fisher walked him."

"Very well...." He began to ponder again.

Her eyes fluttered as she smiled. "Why did you chuckle my lord?"

"What? Oh. That fool who tried to romance Rose with that single rose blossom."

"Ooooh. From her own garden. That was...unfortunate."

"And very very funny."

She nodded. "True. He is lucky Cynthia was with you in the garden at the time."

"Likely true. She would fight even harder for her mother than I."

Tia stretched. "She is a good daughter. My lord you have not answered these requests. Nor even opened this one."

"I cannot safely answer them Tia. They involve alliances I do not want. Future promises I cannot or will not keep. Including about yourself, my daughters, your own son, and the dissolvement of my estate upon my death."

"Surely no one would dare dictate such matters to you my lord."

"Many would if they could Tia. And the unopened one is a grievance against my lack of pride for aiding work on the castle. Speaking of it if there is nothing else I will ride out."

"Well..." she checked her files carefully. Rallon found it amusing anytime people tried to presume around Tia. That she was ignorant or useless.

She was brilliant, clever, and missed nothing. And wholly devoted to himself and Rose. And of course her husband and son.

And unlike most 'servants' in England she could read, write, do advanced maths, and of course spoke in multiple languages. There was a reason he had her at meetings or listening in whenever possible.

And of course she had been tasked with teaching Alyssa all she could when the time came.

She had nodded. "I will inform Lady Rose. Or make sure she is informed."

"Nonsense. I will post a note and you will go see to young David."

"My lord-"

"If I see you without your child before dinner I will tell Rose what you got her for a gift."

She blinked. Then scowled. "Very well my lord."

He grinned. "No one told me."

"But it is not even in the house!"

"Ahhhh but you had to buy the materials."

She paused. "...ahhh."

"I am certain she will love it Tia. Now shoo. David needs you."

She had shooed.

~

She was on the courtyard balcony when Rose arrived, tending to her son. He was asleep, as she had spoken to the cooks and gotten some substances to try for his sore gums.

Thankfully some had worked. So she watched her husband and the carriage silently, and taking note of the courtyard.

That was another aspect of her position that had made a fee unwise servants curse her.

She demanded rigid hygeine standards throughout the house. And on all inhabitants.

Not a crack for mice or rats, not a single shred of filth for them to munch on. Boiling water on surfaces ubtil they shone, polish on everything and more besides.

The stones of the courtyard always gleamed now as any punishment detail meant hot water and scrubbing with brushes at them.

Both Rallon and Rose backed her entirely. And his own sisters had had to put in the work more than once for violating rules.

That had silenced the complaints. And when Rallon himself had pitched in that had ended the superstitious complaints from the elder servants.

Now she noted something and called out at several stable boys and began barking orders for them to begin cleaning.

They snapped to instantly rushing to the spot she had seen. One of the walls was weeping once again, a constant dread in England. So very wet.

Fisher looked up at her and smiled, then back to the still grasping Alyssa.

He raised a gauntleted hand and let her grasp his finger, which she instantly bit.

"She is getting stronger every day My Lady. And she has a great deal of mischief in her."

She now shook the gauntlet and giggled at the lovely rattle produced. Her fondness for armor was undeniable.

Her aunts claimed she would be a great lady and marry a fine knight.

Rallon thought she might want her own armor. And had promised to teach her combat and anything else she wished to learn. David and any future children of the household as well.

Tia called down again. "Fisher my love please ask Lady Rose what she would like for dinner. It appears that we have options. Boar, beef, or chicken. No rush on the decision"

He nodded. "My Lady."

Alyssa shook his hand again, giggling happily at the rattle. Fisher was always very careful to not let her tiny fingers near any gaps, spaces, or pinchpoints.

~

Rallon was once more failing to be a proper lord.

He waa shirtless, and already filthy.

And hauling on a rope to raise materials into place nearly alone. The three men behind him were scrabbling to even catch the rope as he hauled length over length through his gloved hands.

He had banned all free hand work not too delicate, and at first there had been complaints. But then there had been a few incidents in which the gloves had prevent loss of fingers.

The grumbling ended.

And of course he was an unstoppable example.

The workers above cried out and he let the rope go taut. Then slack as they cried out again.

And then he turned back to digging.

The shape was coming along, and everyday more and more workers arrived. Already they had a trio of master masons and architects, and their apprentices, and now four dozen journeymen of various ages. And nearly three hundred skilled laborers, and already nearly a thousand unskilled who had been readily put to work.

The artisans were also busy in their craft, out of sight for now.

Rallon finished a trench, looked back to see he had lost his fellows and laughed. Then whistled at the nearest foreman. "Food and lodgings still holding up?"

"Yes my lord. Your conversion of those empty buildings and manors to house them was inspired. And of course the city enjoys the extra aide of having so many workers around. And your half pence a day goes well to the tavern and other services. The churchmen come to beam at the construction daily."

"Well they should. Are we nearing the stage for actual stone work?"

"Soon my lord. We must clear the land, space and flatten it. And of course first comes the well. You must have a good well in a defensive castle."

He nodded. "Truth. That is what they are working on in the center I take it?"

"Yes my lord. To prevent people getting in the way. And of course much of the work is the digging, and the hauling the earth to fill in other spaces. And removing stones. Those that can be used to build are being kept of course. Otherwise..."

"Oh yes. I am not questioning the methods. Just seeking enlightenment. You and your fellows have laid out a fine plan. It should stand proud and tall for ages."

Alyssa was quite the handful and it comforted Rose to see that those close to her understood that. She would agree that their daughter would most likely show interest in learning various tactics from both her father and Tia.

The wee baby Granger was no delicate flower and was so much like her father that just watching would cause Lady Rose to laugh. A light sigh did escape that Lady's lips. She's is going to have a fiery passion just like you, James, and Tia. I have a feeling that courting season will not be within her interest when she is old enough."

These words were not spoken with disappointment but with awe. How could such a young human being already show so much personality?

"We shall take Alyssia. Though she might well fall asleep on the way or the moment she gets ahold of her father. She did have a rather fun time with the Sister and should be running on fumes by now." Their daughter was quite the fighter and seemed always intent on fighting off her much-needed naps as long as she could.

The right was not long and when exiting the carriage Alyssa's squeal of interest sounded upon seeing Fisher in his armor once again.

"Oh Fisher, she is sure to be a handful in the future," speaking of the mischievous little Lady.

"Poor David will have his hands full with her. He is such a big boy, but the sweetest and brightest little one. He has an inquiring eye and he is sure to be the best of both you and Tia."

It was no surprise that Rose was smitten with baby David.

Often times she would insist on taking both David and Alyssia when she had free time, Rallon was busy, and Tia needed a moment to work. It was cute watching to see how the two interacted.

David was no pushover and Alyssa always had fun with her dear friend.

The sound of Tia's voice caught her attention and her smile was given up at the sight of her best friend and family.

"Hmm... beef sounds delicious," she replied to Fisher before crushing poor Alyssa's fun and holding her in her arms. "We must get cleaned up and into some far more comfortable clothing and we will meet back at the carriage. Tend to Tia and give David a kiss for me."

With that, she made her way back to her room and fed Alyssa, cleaned her up, and changed her dress into something very comfortable for her.

"My precious eldest daughter," The Lady pressed a kiss to Cynthia's head who had both her sister and mother insight as she rest on the bed with Alyssa.

The young lady say against the pillows as he mother proceeded to do the same, had some grapes brought up for her snack on, and a comfortable dress was slipped on.

Of course, a savory treat was brought up for the mother to be along with some freshwater before the three got ready to go.

Tuchesi seemed to be of making his rounds, but she was sure that the protective wolf would meet up with his family with Fisher.

A note was set aside in the back of her mind to speak with Amelia about the upcoming visit with the young man asking for her hand.

Alyssa was chewing on a toy when her mother scooped her up and headed down to the carriage.

"I am sorry for the wait Fisher, we both got a little too comfortable."

Alyssa looked at Fisher with those adorable eyes of hers before they sat in the carriage and made their way to her father.

The fact that her birthday was nearing escaped her completely these last few days.

Rose has been busy with her duties as a Lady of York, a wife, and a mother. She would be caught unaware occasionally and take a nap with their daughter and no one ever reprimanded her.

While lost in her thoughts she idly pet her furry daughter as Alyssa sat in her mother's lap. Before she knew it they had arrived and Fish was helping them out of the carriage.

The progress of the castle was always a surprise to her. Even Alyssa was looking up and around. Fresh faces caused the adorable mischief-maker to squeal in excitement.

Hellos were gifted to them until Rose laughed lightly at the sight of her husband, but smiled wide and bright. "My love. This will be done before we all know it. So much in such little time." Only Rallon.

He turned, caked in dirt and mud, smiled, then held up his hands to forestall Alyssa's hands, and dunked himself into a rainbarrel.

He scrubbed heavily then threw his head and hair back before taking a blanket and wiping down.

Then he kicked the barrell over, away from his ladies, before coming over to kiss his bride, then Alyssa, and give Cynthia's ears a good rub.

"You may have noticed I have a great deal of help. And of course a trio of magnificent motivations in my ladies. The foreman says it's also because York is the safest city in England. Not to mention the high wages we pay."

Alyssa had snagged bunches of his still damp hair and was having a wonderful time squeezing, cooing and gurgling.

He let her play while he stood near Rose, his right hand resting on her lower back. "And with Fisher's men running off the refuse, the only issue is still the chapel. And they won't talk to me about it. Insist on you. God knows why. Personally i think they think they can browbeat you. Fools."

He kissed the corner of her mouth. "No one intimidates my Rose."

He still smelled of dirt and sweat, but his lips were clean. His face, mostly clean, save for a vertical slash between his brows, and some cling to the same brows.

"So Cynthia are we progressing quickly enough?"

She had found a comfy spot atop a stone block covered with ropes and was laying down watching the workers now. She flicked ears and eyes toward Rallom but did not make any answer.

"Seems she is still inspecting. Where...ahhh there he is."

Tuchesi appeared suddenly in an opening, startling several workers, darting through them to the Lord and Lady, drawing eyes as he always did, and even morr so when Rallon idly rubbed his ears as well.

Then Tuchesi lay om the ground before Cynthia's block, protecting her.

Rallon chuckled at the sight. Then turned back to Rose. "You know I am reminded. Someone around here is getting younger soon. That is how birthdays work yes?"

Alyssa squealed with great delight and clapped her little hands together when her father drenched himself.

Rose felt refreshed from the kiss alone.

It was music to her ears to hear that everything was going so smoothly. York had turned around since her husband returned and it showed in the tiniest of details.

The only yelling one would hear these days is the mothers yelling for their children to slow down. The only arguing was the haggling going on in their busy market.

"Alyssa..." Rose uttered with a feeble sigh as she watched the little girl with the mighty grip revel in the sensation of her father's wet locks. As always. Rallon was unphased by their daughter's desire to get her little hands on anything that she could reach, including his hair.

"What issue is there with the Chapel? What is there to discuss?" It was never easy when it came to things including the church. Internally her eyes rolled so hard, but Rallon managed to get her to laugh lightly when speaking about the church browbeating her.

"I think that they would at least like to be told what will be done with someone not covered in evidence of a hard day's work, my love." The kiss was always a treat and when their pregnant daughter was addressed she could feel strength and exhaustion of her from where she stood.

Seeing Tuchesi and her beloved Cynthia together made her so proud and excited.

For a moment, when Rallon spoke of birthdays, Rose was a tad confused, but the second it dawned on her cheeks grew flush. Her family always made a big scene with her birthday and it was always a chore for her.

"I have not had a good birthday since before you left, to be honest. Every year I wished for the same thing."

This would be the best birthday of her life because Rallon, Alyssa, Cynthia, and everyone that touched her heart were home and safe.

"This will be the best birthday yet, no matter what happens."

A quick change of topic, "Are we discussing the chapel today? Point the way. I am excited about the progress and will not have anyone impeding the process." Alyssa leaned on her father with her hand resting with his wet hair in her clutches.

"Maybe I should have left her with Tia and Fisher for a nap," Rose openly pondered, looking at the little mischief-maker.

"Why?"

Rallon, as ever, tended to let his daughters get away with any mischief.

"And the chapel is on topic again because the priests want to put it somewhere...unwise. and pointedly incapable of being of use, or using those pretty stained windows we got. But they think it is required. I have ignored them once again and thus I am a foul uncaring demon once again."

He grinned. "Or so the foreman says they said." He winked at her.

"But those are the visiting clergy. Our own have been most forceful in their defense of our current plans. Oh I am reminded."

Two figures approached at a gesture.
Her parents.

They had been present at the Christmas ball but had only shared a short greeting with their daughter.

Now they both looked tired and haggard.

Rallon now stole Alyssa as Charles and Victoria stared at her.

Then turned to their daughter. "We...have been mistaken."

Rallon said not a word, but did gesture at the wolves who moved aside.

"We recieved your gifts. And the word of...her arrival."

Her father looked especially unwell. Something had shaken him.

"Prince John...Prince John offered to buy you. Buy you like...meat. and when I pointed out your current marriage...he..my God the things he said...what he threatened!"

Rallon remained silent.

Victoria burst into actual tears. "Oh Rose!" And hugged her daughter. Charles folded about them as well.

When the embrace was broke some men had brought chairs and water and helped Charles and Victoria sit.

Rallon drew Rose away and spoke softly. "They wandered onto the build site looking lost. But they asked me to speak with you. I said they had the right. But they wouldn't tell me what happened. But i did some digging. Or had my network do so while I was working. He threatened to have them both excommunicated and put through the worst of tortures. And to do things to you and Alyssa that...well let us simply say no parent could abide. He was very detailed. It is of course your choice my love but I think they wish to meet their granddaughter. They have not even asked yet."

Alyssa was still playing with his hair.

He looked at her, as ever trusting her fully with the decision. And easily ready to return to discussing birthday celebrations without them if she decided thus.

Cynthia and Tuchesi watched them curiously. Tuchesi of course did not know his grand-in-laws.

And Cynthia had only seen them, never met them.

Rallon spoke softly. "He scared them Rose. I was not sure until just now, but he scared them badly."

He nuzzled her neck, kissed her, the lead her back to her parents.

Charles, his voice slightly steadier spoke. "Rallon...Lord Granger of York. I would like to formally join your court. And take part of the benefits thereof."

"I understand Sir Charles. But it is up to the Lady of York."

Charles looked up at his daughter. He was still her father. But beyond all he had ever been. And beyond even that horrid time he had struck her, was fear.

A deep gnawing fear that had chilled him to the bones.

Victoria spoke softly. "Is that Alyssa?"

Rallon again said nothing holding their granddaughter out of sight simply due to his size.

Then Victoria really surprised them both and gestured at Cynthia. "And my eldest grandchild Lady Cynthia?"

Cynthia's ears went up at that.

"A foul uncaring demon?" Rose was absolutely floored.

"This is a chapel, not a prison. Who would deny the beauty of those stained glass windows and the light that breathes warmth into any and all who would visit the chapel?" The lady was elated when they saw the stained glass and purchased the beautiful works of art.

"Oh... the chapel will be as we desired when we are done talking." At least it was nice to hear that their local clergy was supporting their plans.

At the gesture of her husband she turned and looked at quite the surprise.

Her parents were haggard and reminded her of Jessica and Lilah and how everything Prince John got his hands on would suffer.

It was saddening that only recently did her parents finally open their eyes to the ilk that was Prince John.

The hug did come as a surprise. Not only from her mother but her father as well.

It came as no surprise to the Lady what threats came from John and that they were directed at both her and their daughter.

She was lost for words. How did it all come to this? A moment with her husband did get her some answers. Rose felt a little selfish in her emotions. Ever since that sour moment with the girls she had not bothered to see her parents with the exception of the ball. Now.... like the girls on that one horrid night, they walk up emotionally broken and strained.

A groan sounded from her lips. Her husband was such a sweet and forgiving man. It was hard to imagine that this was the man that stormed out of the meal with her mother, in a huff that day.

"So be it, my love, but baby steps."

After a reassuring kiss, they went back to her parents. It was a surprise to hear her father formally ask for a seat at Rallon's council. While at first, she observed her parents, her bright eyes looked at her thoughtful and charming husband who left the decision in her hands.

"Swear your oath to Richard as your rightful king and you can take your place on this council. Heed the Lord of York and your lives will be for the better."

Their daughter had taken a step back. There was hesitation in trusting her own parents, but she was giving them a chance.

"Yes, that is Alyssa," answerherng mother's question. Mentioning Cynthia as well as acknowledging her as her eldest grandaughter was a bigger surprise. "Cynthia is pregnant." Breaking the good news in a rather casual tone of voice.

"How about you stay the night with us and join us for dinner?"

"And by us, I mean the girls as well."

Victoria had been looking at Cynthia and her eyes seemed to shine at the invitation as she looked at her daughter.

"Would you care to hold your granddaughter?"

Before her mother could even say a word, her father got down on one knee and bowed his head and swore his oath. The man wanted to leave no room that he had an alliance with that vile prince at all. Deep inside he vowed to give his life for his family and bring honor to his family name.

"May I? WIll she... I-I do not know..." fearful that she could face a rejection from her own granddaughter.

"Rallon, my love, are you finished here for the day? If not I can take them back to our home."

There was a slight overwhelming feeling about this moment. "I can meet with the clergy tomorrow about the chapel."

There was also the lunch with Amelia's suitor int wo days time. Her daughter would be popping out puppies before they knew it and it was a lot to thing about on top of her parents appearance.

Her father stood up and held his daughter's had and gave it a light reassuring squeeze. "You were always the light of this family and we were just too blind to see it. I have never been more happy than to see all that you have become and all that you have accomplished." The man appeared to blink back a tear before releasing her hand and taking aseat back next to his wife.

Victoria yearned to hold her granddaughter, but almost felt as though she were not worthy of the adorable little girl.

Rallon walked over. "Alright you. Thia is your grandmother. You be nice to her."

And handed Alyssa over.

The girl went quiet studying Victoria.

Then squealed and smiled.

Cynthia followed her sister, moving between her grandparents.

"I'm all done. But I will ride home. You lot can use the carriage. I may be cleaned off but im not clean. Tuchesi!"

The big wolf appearred instantly.

Rallon crouched and gripped his muzzle. "You stay with the ladies and your grandparents. Nothing touches them."

Tuchesi growled and marched to stay behind Victoria and Charles.

A workman was passing and Tuchesi unleashed a snarl that was purest death. The workman jumped away. And Alyssa squealed, looking for him.

Rallon chuckled. "She is very fond of her big sister but I think her brother in law is her favorite. She is always holding his ears or tail."

Alyssa managed to wriggle just enough to see Tuchesi and cooed happily.

Rallon marched them toward the carriage, but drew Rose back again.

"Should you inform them of your great Aunt's impending visit? Also perhaps tell them that the Queen is still about somewhere. I know she and Tony were going to examine some land she wanted to sell him but I don't think it's official we are hosting Her Majesty."

He snapped his fingers. "Oh and maybe warn them about Tony. He is...a handful." He smiled.

"Oh and I have sent messengers to our Scottish relatives. Try to find out who sent the letter."

He cupped her chin. "By the way. I love you."

He kissed her softly, holding the kiss, his tongue darting out to steal tastes of her.

"Mmmm. My favorite flavor. Rose. Have I mentioned how beautiful you are recently? Can't have. Feels too long my priceless blossom."

Another kiss. "Now as to your beauty. I have seen all of Europe. Much of the Holy Land. Great seas. The British Isles. And the Vatican. And in all of it nothing even comes close to your breathtaking beauty my beloved Rose."

Another long kiss.

He sighed and stepped away. "Now mount up so we can go home."

His eyes held that fire. That hunger only she could ignite and only she could quench.

Her parents, Alyssa, and the wolves were already in the carriage so now he opened the door for her and gave a theatrical bow. "My Lady of York."

It was a relief to see that Alyssa was adapting and did not instantly cry at her grandmother's touch.

As her loving and attentive husband brought up all of the important things that she might want to bring up, she sighed with a smile.

Before she could really formulate and answer that was other that 'yes', her attention was snagged as her chin found itself in his gentle grasp.

"I love you too, and I truly have no idea where I would be or what I would do with you in my life."

A soft laugh and a smile was fished out of her after being called his favorite flavor.

"Rallon Granger..." this man really had a talent for clearing her mind and making her smile. It was almost too hard for her to leave his side an dheed his word in getting in the carriage.

At least they were going home together.

"Thank you, my beloved Lord of York," she said with a smile before getting seated across from her parent who were adoring both of their granddaughters.

Cynthia was getting pet and praised for her beauty and Rose spoke of how stunning the pups were going to be and how Cythia was going to be a wonderful mother.

Tony, Her Majesty, and her Great Aunt were brought up and there was non room left for her parents to pick their jaws up and off of the floor.

"Her Majesty is Alyssa's godmother. Tony blessed us with Tuchesi, and I still have no idea why my great aunt wishes to suddenly visit after all this time."

Plenty of questions continued until the carriage stopped and the found themselves at their home.

Alyssa was entertained at the high pitched tone of voice that her grandmother used to speak to her and a smile that seemed contagious to the girl .

Charles was interested in the recent events while idly petting his eldest granddaughter.

The door to the carriage opened and ladies exited first, followed by her father.

"I can not wait for you to meet Tia and baby David." Rose was excited.

"But please, let me have you shown to your room. There's always been one set up for you so should you feel the need to change there are clothes. I will send word that you will be joining us for dinner. I wager that Rallon will need a deep soak as well."

Rallon was already soaking.

As was Tuchesi.

Once he had seen them to the door he came peeking and Rallon and invited him in.

Now the wolf had stolen Rose's spot on Rallon's chest, and was getting what was clearly one lovely rib rub.

~

Cynthia followed her mother, staying close at hand. Alyssa did begin to fuss a little after the stairs, clearly getting hungry.

Charles and Victoria both agreed they wanted to change and would see her for dinner. They folded her into that three way hug again and held her tight.

Then Charles spoke. "I am sorry my dear. You are being very kind."

They kissed her and Alyssa, then Victoria kisses Cynthia, while charles rubbed her ears, and then they went to change.

Rallon rumbled as his family entered the room and Tuchesi' head came up.

"Easy furball."

Cynthia gave a yowl, then ran at the tub, leapt and dove in.

Rallon yelped. Then fished her out as she began kissing him.

"Furry monster. Be still."

He lay back, now with both wolves laying across his chest and arched his brows at Rose.

"So peace with my in laws. That's lovely. The Queen and Tony are on their way back. I-"

Alyssa gave another hungry cry.

"I see someone needs fed. Care to sit and chat while you feed the little monster?"

He winked and patted a stool near the tub.

"Also i would like to discuss something with you Lady of York. Chiefly how we are to celebrate the upcoming birthday. I think we should have a huge bash, with guests and games and much dancing and fireworks. "

Back
Top Bottom