Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Inhumans (Super Powers, Arranged Marriage, Political Intrigue)

Anonymous Mouse

Super-Earth
Marvel's Inhumans have never been a huge selling point for them, but they're growing in popularity and the more I learn about their lore the more I'm fascinated by them. Think x-men crossed with game of thrones.

Here's the premise...

The Inhumans live in a floating city called Attilan where they are ruled over by the royal family, lead by a single king and his five wives. The inhumans possess advanced alien technology and have survived centuries undiscovered, living in a strict caste based system based upon what powers an individual comes into when they come of age.

When an inhuman becomes an adult, they are exposed to a substance called the Terigen Mist, which grants them unique superpowers. Anything from a voice powerful enough to destroy mountains to super strong prehensile hair, to mind reading, to simply having very long fingers. Some of the changes drastically alter an inhuman's appearance, making them appear monstrous or beautiful.

These changes are based in part upon the personality of the one exposed to the mists, but also on their genetics, which has lead the inhumans to a strict breeding program in an effort to bring forth children who will develop strong powers.

Here's what I propose...

You create a young inhuman character, presenting a quick bio about their personality, talents and breeding. I'd like an even distrubution of male to female, or more females than males since polygamy apparently isn't an issue.

Based loosely on your bio, superpowers will be randomly assigned to your character, as well as a random partner to be your character's new spouse now that they've come of age.

Alternatively, you could create an older inhuman who simply hasn't been wed yet (or perhaps already is) and come up with your own superpower and have someone from the new generation assigned to you.

I'm thinking this would be a completely different universe from the one Marvel created, so no canon characters and this frees up the throne for participants to try and claim after they've been hitched.

So, any takers?

Character Bios

OOC Talk and Plot Discussion

Main Game Thread

NEW PLAYERS WELCOME

RE: Inhumans (Super Powers, Forced Marriage/Breeding, Political Intrigue)

I have always liked the Inhumans, so I am in! Though as you stated it would probably be best if it was in its own universe for the sake of the RP. Just so there are no cannon disputes and whatnot. Other than that though sign me right up!

I could go for something Inhumans based, sounds pretty fun in all honesty.

GREAT to have you both onboard!

Here's a link to the bio page, Character Sheets. Once you have the first part done, I'll post in the thread and assign you a power. I'll toss up my own in a little bit and once we've got three I'll reply.

For the marriage partners let's wait and see if we can't land a few more players.

Can't wait!

Sounds interesting! Is there room for one more?

Lilark said:
Sounds interesting! Is there room for one more?

Absolutely! Room for tons more actually, we're just getting started :)

I figure once we get about 4-6 players/characters up in the bio thread, I'll assign the random powers and initial pairings.

Interested

Power Assignments

RANDOMLY ASSIGNED POWERS #1

Anonymous Mouse...Your character is gifted with a POWERFUL REPTILIAN TAIL. She has grown a twenty foot long snake-like tail. The tail is covered in irridescent scales impervious to physical damage and heat and the muscles underneath are powerful enough to lift and crush an SUV. Given the strength and durability of the appendage, it can be used both as a weapon and a shield.

Red King...Your character is gifted with CHARISMA. He emits an unconscious low level telepathic signal that triggers the pleasure center in the brain, making him inately enjoyable to be around. Telepaths and inhumans with strange brain-biology may be immude to this effect. Additionally however, he gives off pheromones so that he always smells like the ideal mate. No two people who sniff him will smell the same thing--for one person he might smell like chocolate and roses, to another sweat and adrenaline. It all depends on the individual. These powers are constantly active and cannot be turned off, however, with hard concentration he may be able to temporarily amplify their effects. Those with sensitive noses and more susceptible to telepathic attack have very little defense.

Lilark...Your character is gifted with SHAPEABLE TELEKINETIC FIELDS. Your character is capable of generating shapes out of telepathic energy, most easily taking the form of a sphere or disk that is all but indestructible. Other shapes can be constructed, but take a good deal of focus to maintain. Nothing with moving parts can be created...for example the character could create a slashing whip or tendril but not a chain. A sword or javeline would be possible, but not a gun or chainsaw. The simpler the creation, the easier and quicker it is to shape.

((Think Invisble Woman crossed with Green Lantern)). The exact color and appearance of this energy is left to the player to determine.

Hot Heart...Your character has become LIVING LIGHT. Her list of powers include intangibility, super speed (the speed of light to be exact), and energy blasts. While your natural state is solid, you are always glowing and your light reflects your emotions, making you an open book. Dimming yourself down is possible, but takes effort. It's so much easier to be bright! Likewise slowing yourself down is difficult, though not nearly so much as not glowing--you're simply used to moving at human speeds. As your biology has been completely altered into a state of living energy, healing is incredibly difficult. While it takes a lot to legitimately hurt you, when you do take a wound, it lasts for a long time, surrounded by a shadow until it naturally heals. Doctors cannot help you, and telepaths have a hard time effecting your brain. She still need to eat, breath, drink and perform other biological functions but she seems unlikely to die of natural causes.

I'm setting the arranged marriages to "pending" status until we can get a few more people in the interest of entertaining options, unless anyone is keen to go ahead and draw from this pool.

Plot and OOC Page is up--check it out to see who you've been married to!

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=50504

And here's our start!

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=50505

Power Assignment #2
______________________​

MellowYellow...Dragul's power is KNOWLEDGE ABSORBTION. Simply touching a book, scroll or document confers upon him complete and thorough understanding of its contents. Electronic medium is slightly more tricky. Touching a computer can grant ready information contained within files, unless they are securely protected. Simple passwords require a bit of effort to overcome, but the more complicated and advanced the security measures are, the more effort he must spend to pull forth their information. Touching a computer connected to the Internet DOES NOT grant you all the information contained upon it--for that you need to specifically touch a physical server and can only draw forth the specific information within it. Unlike with a book however, you must actively search for information "trapped" within.

Additionally, you've taken on a DRACONIAN APPEARANCE bringing you to upper levels of human strength and forever turning your appearance into something akin to a human dragon. The cosmetics of which are left entirely to the player. Flight and fire breath are not included, but claws, horns and a tail are optional.

KCRiley…Raina’s power is Umbrakenesis. Light around her seems to fade and the shadows she casts, even upon her own body shift, reflecting her mood and sometimes outright moving independently to dance. At will she can completely absorb surrounding light, plunging a room into darkness (which she had no problem seeing through). She can teleport through shadows, stepping through them as if they were doorways. There are no physical limits to the distance she can travel, but she has to know the shadow through which she intends to step out of. She could not for example, teleport through a shadow belonging to someone she’s never seen. Additionally she can solidify shadows around her into a solid, three dimensional force that can raise from any surface to do her bidding. The shapes of these shadows tend to me amorphous but with concentration she can make them take on certain shapes. They are not indestructible, and a strong blow dealt by a weapon or another inhuman’s power would destroy the solidified shadow and return it to its natural state.

Raina’s last power is her most terrifying. She can absorb the “light” out of anyone she touches, steeling energy and rapidly dropping their body temperature. Doing this regenerates her cells, perpetually keeping her looking young and allowing her to recover from serious injury with but a touch…if she’s willing to kill for it. This last power requires physical touch and deals very little damage initially, but the amount of energy drained increases exponentially. Her cells are capable of using approximately half of the energy stolen this way to regenerate.

((Further shadow-themed cosmetic changes to be determined by the player.))

Xanaphia...Ariadne has gained the power of FLIGHT. A pair of wings have sprouted from between her shoulderblades, powerful enough to carry her aloft. Ariadne's muscles have grown considerably stronger, especially her upper body strength and in her new appendages, putting her at the uppermost levels of human capacity, with her wings being several times stronger and capable of delivering dangerous blows. In spite of this, she has actually lost weight, as like a bird, her bones are now hollow. This has the unfortunate downside of making her extremely fragile. While she can deliver powerful strikes, she cannot take them herself and must be careful not to hurt herself or her wings. She also must eat several times more food, especially high energy products that contain a lot of sugar in order to keep up with her metabolism and output.

((The cosmetic appearance of the wings is entirely up to the player, as are any other changes brought on by the mist))

Vertigo…Tyro’s power is FINDING. If Tryo knows what he is looking for, he can locate it through a strange combination of super-heightened sense of smell, electromagnetic signatures, and some as of yet unlabeled brand of psychic ability. After encountering someone only once, he has but to concentrate to know almost their exact whereabouts. If he’s unfamiliar with the area they’re in, it becomes more difficult (he can’t tell that someone is in a basement he doesn’t know about for example all the way across Attilan, but he CAN tell their general location and that they’re below certain other scents.) The closer his proximity, the more specific he can be. This ability is not limited to people, but can be used to locate specific objects or materials as well. For example he can smell out all the gold or salt in Attilan without a problem, or tell if someone has any on them. A peculiar side effect of his ability is instantly knowing the exact abilities any inhuman before him has been granted by the terrigen mists.

Additionally, Tyro’s taken on a SHARKLIKE APPEARANCE, the exact extent of which to be determined by the player. Strength, speed and aquatic prowess (including breathing underwater) are equal to the great ocean predator, his eyes have become dead-black orbs, and his mouth is full of serrated razor teeth that constantly grow. Finally, his skin is rough like sandpaper and tougher than leather, providing him some minor natural defenses.

((Marraige arrangements pending/TBA))

I have no prior knowledge of the Inhumans, but I like this premise a lot. I'll do some reading tonight and geek out a character tomorrow, probably, so long as more are still wanted.

KCRiley said:
I have no prior knowledge of the Inhumans, but I like this premise a lot. I'll do some reading tonight and geek out a character tomorrow, probably, so long as more are still wanted.

Absolutely, jump right in! And this is an AU universe so don't worry too much but research is appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing who/what you pop out :)

Just to let you know what's up, I've put together two slightly different characters and I'm waiting on a response from another player about possibly being related to their character before I choose which one to post.

KCRiley said:
Just to let you know what's up, I've put together two slightly different characters and I'm waiting on a response from another player about possibly being related to their character before I choose which one to post.

Appreciate the heads up. After you've got your character up, I'll drop you a PM to let you know when you're power's been posted.

Back
Top Bottom