Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An angel to the rescue (Myself,Yajirobe)

He smiled at her offer, it was kid of her to offer something to drink. He got to his feet and walked over to the fridge and took out one of the drinks and then made his way quietly to the living room. He looked over the list of the movies and he picked out one he thought looked good. It was a romantic comedy, a movie that was in general a comedy of errors between the miscommunications between two people. He figured from the title and what he read on the back of the box it had to be good. He put it in and figured out how to work the tv and dvd and turned it on and waited for Ashlee's return over to where he was before he started it. He was trouble though at the moment, the girl, she made him feel things he never had as an angel, human emotions, things which made him happy and worried him, he was worried if thing were continuing to progress on the arch they were on, he would never go back to being an angel as he had been, he would prefer to remain human with her.

Ashlee took the water out of the microwave, set the bag of popcorn down inside then grabbed herself a soda. Once she had what she wanted she walked into the living room, sat down on the couch placing both feet underneath her bottom. It was a good thing she had on leggings because this was how she always sat, she opened her pop took a few sips then set it down on the table. She would have him pause it when the pop corn was ready. Chewing on her lower lip she waited patiently for him to hit play, her heart was racing a mile a minute while butterflies fluttered around in her stomach it was amazing she hadn't thrown up due to the butterflies. She'd never felt like this before, all the crazy things that were going through her mind made her feel even worse. She'd been taught it was wise to wait until marriage, being with Nick was making her head spin because she didn't know what she was thinking.

Nicholas waited and when she sat down on the couch next to him and had the popcorn in the right spot, he turned on the movie pressing play on the remote to start up the movie for the both of them. He felt his hand slipping around the brown haired young woman rather quickly into the moving, sitting rather closer to her as he used his free hand to get popcorn or get a drink as he smiled and laughed finding the movie to be reaely actually quite good. He was having a really fun time with Ashlee, she was a fun young woman, and sweet and she made his heart soar, he had to admit it was a most odd feeling, but for the moment he focused mostly on the movie as it played.

Ashlee didn't really feel like she had any room for popcorn since her stomach was doing back flips, she chewed on her lower lip as she watched the movie with him. She hated the thoughts that were going through her head, she didn't want to give into any of them she just wanted them to go away. All the times she could have kissed a guy or made out with a guy she refused to let a guy anywhere near her, none of her friends understood. Ashlee had been taught to save herself, she knew her parents hadn't waited because her mother told her but then again they were only with each other. Technically she was conceived out of wedlock because her parents hadn't married yet but had been living together since they graduated high school, none of that mattered because this was the present. She was the one in a situation she didn't know how to handle, her heart was really racing because she was terrified of what might happen if she gave into what her entire body desired.

The movie went on a bit and he found himself closer, he could feel the warmth from Ashlee, she was so damn tempting. He looked at her as the movie ended and kissed her forehead on purpose, before bowing, "thank you, I must get going, I would love to have lunch or something tomorrow if you would like," he said feeling that if he didn't leave that moment, he would never ever be able to leave her or return to heaven in time, or anything, he would fall right for her in that moment. He figured that she was so special, and these human emotions that he was feeling were so overpowering to him. He smiled as he got to his feet, "you are the most amazing interesting woman I have meet," he said honestly with a kind smile on his lips.

'' Okay.. I have classes but after that I'm free.'' Ashlee said as she stood up, keeping her balance wasn't very easy because her legs felt like jello. She didn't know if it was because she was nervous about what she might do or if it was because her legs had fallen asleep. Her heart was still racing, she tried not to wobble but it wasn't an easy task. She started to lose her balance but grabbed onto something as she chewed on her lower lip, looked at him hearing him say she was the most amazing interesting woman he'd met. That alone made her heart jump into her throat, land in the pit of her stomach his smile made her heart melt. But she didn't take another step she stayed where she was because she knew that if she got any closer to him she would be forced to kiss him, she couldn't bare the thought of rejection not to mention what it might lead to. '' I'll be by to get my coffee though.'' She said with a soft smile as she placed a strand of hair behind her ear, started to clean up making sure all the dishes were in the sink etc she would take care of them later when her head didn't feel like it was spinning.

He walked out of the door, luckily she hadn't walked up and he headed up, with a smile as he went home and prayed about what he should do next, and the temptation that Ashlee was for him. He prayed on it and read on it for a long time, before going to sleep. He woke up the next morning after a interesting dream, one that gave him more clearity, that made him smile as he walked to work and started to help people. He smiled as he saw people and helped in a better mood then he had been the night before. He worked hard as normal and waited to see if she would show up that morning or not.

Ashlee prayer about the temptation she had felt, she read about it then she slept like a baby. She woke up with a sense of clarity climbing out of bed she jumped into the shower got washed up starting with her hair then finishing with her body. Once she was finished she wrapped her hair in a towel then walked back into her bedroom, looked through her closet for a nice modest outfit. As soon as she found it she smiled, took out her under garments including a camisole. She put on each undergarment then pulled on her jeans buttoned them, zipped then then slid the top down over her head making sure it didn't go above her waistline then she put on a pair of socks slid her feet into a pair of army boots then laced them up, then stood up walking over to her vanity where she unwrapped her hair then walked back into the bathroom to blow it out. Once she'd blown it out she ran a brush threw it then brushed her teeth licking toothpaste off her lower lip she put on a few pieces of jewelry then grabbed her bag. Once she had everything she needed she walked outside into the hall, headed outside without hesitation she ran across the street.

She just had to see him again, she walked into the cafe with a smile on her face. '' I'll have a caramel Mocha latte, a blue muffin to go please.'' The brunette said as she chewed on her lower lip, took out her wallet trying hard not to make eye contact. She took out her money, then put a tip in the tip char but she would tell him to keep the change like she did every time she was in there. Sighing she placed a strand of hair behind her ear, looked around the place seeing that no one had really sat down to enjoy their coffee. She shrugged, stepped off to the side so someone else could order, her heart was still racing which meant she still felt tempted by him. It made her think she might have to take her business somewhere else because she was desperately fighting with herself, she refused to let temptation take over especially while he was working.

The angel returned the smile happily as he looked at Ashlee and made her coffee quick,y and then handed it and a fresh muffin over to her, and smiled, "well now, remember come back by here later please, I wish to have lunch with you if you still want too," he said to her with a large smile before he went back to work, he did look at her when he could just cause she was in eye range mosly a small twinkle in his eyes as he looked at her and he made a few more sells as he waited for her reaction working really quick with a kind of boost to his step as he helped the people after her. He figured he would have to hopefully talk to her later, but he could wait till lunch and he figured she was in a hurry at that moment.

'' Right, Keep the change.'' Ashlee said as she handed him her money, walked out of the coffee shop. She walked the few blocks to the college campus with her muffin in her bag, with a spring in her step she practically danced up the stairs went straight to her class. Without hesitation she took her seat took out her books, notebooks then sipped her coffee as she waited for the lecture to start she would eat her muffin later she always saved her muffins for later. She started taking notes as soon as the professor started talking, she had very neat hand writing. Of course her 1st class was basic english lit, then it was math plus her two writing classes then she would be done for the day. She would be able to enjoy her lunch with Nick, she was nervous but she managed to keep her stomach under control while her heart jumped about inside her chest.

Nicholas worked the rest of the morning quickly earning a quick reprieve from his boss as he smiled and slipped away and went and got himself a shower a change of clothes as well now wearing some nice pants and a nice white shirt too. He sat down at the coffee shop as a customer and waited for Ashlee. He had also two bags for them, to take to her place should she want. They were both meals that he cooked up for them. He had spent a bit of time working on them, and left them to cook when he went to work, it was a traditional meal with meat and corn and bread and a salad, all things which he had made for her from scratch, hoping that she would approve of and like her meal that he made.

Ashlee's classes went faster then usual, she ran out the school then ran to the coffee shop. She smiled when she saw him sitting outside waiting for her then motioned for him to follow her across the street to her house. Her muffin was still in her bag, she figured she would share it with him when they got ready to eat desert but she still had the cookies he had baked from the previous day. She walked up the stairs, unlocked the door then left it open for him as she walked into her apartment. It was nice having an apartment on the 1st floor, her rent wasn't all that expensive because she'd known the lanlord since she was a child. She'd called him uncle Fred for years, still did so because she was practically family she was given co run of the place then if the problem was to much she would tell him about it. She didn't have very many neighbors, the ones she did have didn't really pay any attention to her so she certainly had her privacy. Hanging up her coat she sat her bag down on the stairs, ran her fingers through her hair as she took out a couple glasses then filled them with tea setting them down on the table.

Nicholas smiled as he followed her into her room again and then put the took the bags and unpacked them putting their meals both on plates, he smiled as he looked over his work and then saw her putting the tea on the table. He reached over confidently as he looked at her, and smiled as he took her hand into his own and held it gently as he caressed her hand for a moment. He looked right into her eyes as he held it and smiled, "glad you could make it," he said softly to her as he gave her the reassuring smile before praying for the meal and finding his seat and looking at the meal. He ate it confidently as he had a plan, for once he was understanding what it was meant to be a human, and why he was considered a horrible angel, and perhaps a better human, and why he had been told that in his dream.

Ashlee smiled as she listened to him say grace, she sat down looking down at the meal. She picked up her fork, started to eat it without saying a word. '' Mmm This is delicious! '' The brunette said with a smile as she washed the first bite down with her tea, she wasn't lying. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had such a well cooked meal, she didn't say another word until she was finished. Once her plate was empty she wiped her mouth with a napkin then looked at him with one of the brightest smiles she was sure he'd ever seen. She finished her tea, just stared at him in awe as her heart continued to jump about in her chest. If things played out in her head like she wanted them to this was technically their second date, that made her a little nervous but she had a good feeling about things.

Nicholas smiled as he looked at her, he was a bad angel cause he could never see the big picture and he had been far to focused on Ashlee even as an Angel, he knew that the advise was right that he was a better human, for as a human could he really watch over her and support her in ways he couldn't as an angel. He was ready now, he smiled as he got to his feet and went and started to clean up his dishes, his choose was clear to him, it was why he wasn't worried at all anymore. He knew that it was right and that he had made it for the right causes. He didn't mind the lack of his old powers or abilities, but he knew that a life as a human was going to be what was best for him. He looked at the dishes and smiled feeling a great joy and love within himself.

'' You seem different then yesterday.. '' Ashlee said as she stood up, cleared her dishes then sat them down in the sink carefully. As she placed them in the sink her hand touched his, she didn't feel as overwhelmed with temptation as she had previously. She caressed the top of his hand with her thumb, looked into his eyes as she brushed a strand of his hair out of his eyes. This was what it felt like to be in love, she just knew that no matter what she could trust him. She knew deep down that if he knew so much about her he would respect her choice of waiting until she was married, that wasn't the point though she knew she was in love with him from the start. It all started when he rescued her from the creeps that had practically left her for dead, even though she didn't remember any of it it all played back like a film without sound in her head when she was sleeping.

He did respect her desire to wait to have sex till she was married, but that didn't mean that he didn't want to kiss her at that moment. He pulled her into said kiss as the opening he had been hoping for finally showed itself to him. He pulled her into the deep long passion filled kiss as he pressed against her slightly, feeling the joy of a kiss, he was turned fully human by the emotions within himself. He looked at her and smiled as he looked at her eyes, "I am in love with you Ashlee, have been since we meet, actually before I think somehow," he said with a soft smile on his face.

Ashlee smiled as she chewed on her lower lip, when he said he was in love with her her heart leaped with joy inside her chest. Her butterflies faded as she kissed him back, caressed his cheek with her thumb then pulled back to look into his eyes. She didn't know what to say she was completely speechless but she knew what she felt, it amazed her that he felt the same about her so quickly. All her life she'd been afraid to let people in because she'd been taught so much by her parents, her faith was so strong that it hindered her sociability. Her friends often called her a goodie two shoes because she wouldn't drink she wouldn't do drugs, she certainly wouldn't play games such as spin the bottle etc. She would just sit in the corner, read one of her books trying to make herself invisible because most of the time she was drug to the parties anyways. But for the 1st time she knew what it felt like to really let someone in other then God, it felt absolutely amazing.

Nicholas looked at her as he broke the kiss slowly and smiled as he looked into her eyes. He had given up so much for her, but he hoped she wouldn't ever have to know those facts. He smiled s he pulled her closer to himself, "you are beautiful, to beautiful, sweet, and kind to be alone in a place any place really," he said to her with a kind voice as he rubbed her back gently. "I hope you don't mind me saying that, or my admission, but I couldn't hold myself back anymore, it was like something inside me having to get out," he said to her with a calm tone as he then stepped back and looked up, "so, um, what do you think willing to give this a shot, I mean are you willing to give you and me a shot," he asked as he looked at her, "I figure I might of came off as a bit forward with the kiss and all, and I don't want to rub you the wrong way or anything."

'' I would love to give it a shot, well I guess in my head this was considered our second date. So now I can officially say it was, don't worry about the kiss. I'm glad you were the one that did it because yesterday I was racking my brain, it was so hard for me to keep my cool. I don't want to be alone any more, there is an extra bedroom.'' Ashlee said as she chewed on her lower lip, looked down at the floor as she looked back up into his eyes she couldn't stop smiling. Her heart was jumping with joy, she was just so excited she didn't know if she should sing or dance or just stay calm so she didn't over excite herself. She'd been known to get overexcited before, it never ended well because she'd been admitted to the hospital a few times for overexcitment.

Nicholas also knew of the young woman's past and how easy it was for her to get to worked, up. He smiled as he picked her up gently into his strong arms, and looked her in the eyes. "It is good, calm down, I won't leave you, promise, the extra room idea, sounds just good to me," he said as he held her gently carrying her into the couch, "tomorrow I will go and get my things and move in, I don't have much so it won't take me long," he said as he sat her down on the couch and sat next to her, "if you need any help or anything don't be afraid to ask, I am actually a bit smarter then I look," he said with a warm smile as he leaned in and kissed her forehead this time resting a bit for that moment.

'' Am I that obvious? '' Ashlee asked as she blushed a little, folded her hands out in front of her. She was wondering how much he really knew about her, she placed a strand of hair behind her ear as she took a couple breathes then gathered the courage to ask him how much he knew about her. '' What do you know about me? '' The brunette asked as she leaned back against the couch, pulled her feet up under her again as she looked straight at him wondering what he would say. She didn't really have any secrets, a few things she tried to bury was the fact she still slept with stuffed animals or cuddled with a pillow.

Nicholas looked at her and shook his head to her question, and then looked into her eyes. "Well now, your not that obvious, I just know everything about you," he said pausing as he looked at her and then looked down at his feet thinking how to go about this fast, "you won't believe me, but before about week ago, I wasn't human. I was a guardian angel, an angel who was actually your guardian angel watching over you from long ago, why I know so much about you like your habit of sleeping with stuffed animals still or your habit of dreaming to find your prince. You were attacked, and I rescued you, but a angel isn't suppose to save a human, so I was kicked out and now, I guess you can say it, I am human like you."

'' I knew it! When I was little I always felt like someone was watching over me, now I know it's true. '' Ashlee said with a smile as she fiddled with the purity ring that she wore on her ring finger, it basically represented that she would stay pure until she was married. It would be replaced with a wedding ring but until that day she would always wear it, there was also the cross she wore around her neck everyday unless she took a shower then both items of jewelry actually came off. She loved jewelry but only wore two pieces, she didn't even have her ears pierced she wanted them pierced but she just didn't have the courage to do it.

Nicholas blinked and nodded, "I am not your guardian angel anymore, but I will protect you none the less," he said as he looked at her and smiled, "I will change that ring in the future perhaps as well into something more shiny," he said as he looked at her, "as a human, I must tell you, I am still getting used to these new feelings, you make me feel so many good emotion and things that I have never felt before in my life," he said as he looked again still into the eyes of Ashlee for a long moment, "I hope you don't mind that I know so much about you, I promise not to tell anyone else about your secrets," he added softly as his words were mostly to tease her cause of course it went without saying those things would remain unknown to all but him.

Back
Top Bottom