Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An angel to the rescue (Myself,Yajirobe)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Ashlee Was walking home from a friend's house, had the feeling she was being followed. She started to walk a little faster but it wasn't working, before she could turn the corner the people that were following her had taken her purse. One of the men started beating her, the other one started kicking her while the one holding her purse just watched in amusement. She looked up at the sky, said a little prayer hoping that someone in the sky would hear her. It was a possibility they were going to try something that she didn't want happening so she hoped someone appeared fast because she didn't want to die there, she already looked horrible. The man holding her purse dropped it, then ran off leaving her for dead. Tears stung her eyes, she managed to sit against a near by wall just hugging her knee's to her chest as her heart pounded against her chest.

Nicholas had been a gardien angel for Ashlee since the day she was born, he tried his best to push her in the right directions always in hiding, keeping an eye on her as she grew and developed into a beautiful young woman. He had no idea of what it felt like though to be on the mortal realm, for it was forbidden to enter it. He watched as they followed him, for the first time, he felt anger towards someone. As they went after him, he did what he could, creating what would seem like some ghost to them scaring them completely as they ran away from the dark haired Ashlee. He looked down at her as he turned into a human, hiding his true nature of course, as he picked her up. He was as a human tall, graceful with short perfect blonde hair and a light complection, and blue eyes. He looked every part the model as he picked up the young woman, his natural healing skills came in, as he healed her in his arms. "It is okay, you will be fine," he said to her as he knew that she would most likely pass out, and he would do his best to make sure she didn't remember anything from that night or his saving her if possible. Perhaps she would remember in dreams but that was all.

The next day he found out the results, he was exiled to earth for a period of 1 year, where he would have to live among humans. It was a light punishment considering that he entered the mortal realm without permission, but the fact he saved a woman played in his favor. Still, he was set up with a place to live, and a small job as well. He knew he would most likely run into Ashlee in his job, but he could never tell her what happened or who he really was, and if he did, he would become mortal for all times. He went to work the next morning working at a coffee shop just down the road from Ashlee's home as a cashier who was new in town and just been hired to help out.

Ashlee didn't remember anything from the night before, all she remembered was waking up in her bed when her alarm went off. She chewed on her lip, ran her fingers through her hair as she looked around her bedroom for her purse then smiled when she saw it sitting in the chair across from her bed. Without a single thought she climbed out of bed, walked into the bathroom. Stripping down to nothing she climbed into the shower, washed her hair then her body then stepped out. She brushed her hair back, wrapped a scrunchie around it then brushed her teeth. After all that was done she dried off, got herself dressed then slid her feet into a pair of flats. '' Coffee I need coffee..'' The young brunette thought as she smiled, walked out of her bedroom which was more like the living room. She walked down the stairs, headed outside then across the street to the coffee shop. '' I'll have a double chocolate Mocha latte with an extra shot of expresso please.'' Ashlee said as she smiled at the cashier, could have sworn she'd seen him before but she shook her head then smiled as she took her wallet out of her purse then handed him the amount she thought it would cost.

Nicholas looked at Ashlee as she walked into the cafe. He smiled as he was so happy to see that she was okay. He was worried about her, even though he had healed her the day before. He looked up as he was sure that she hardn'y noticed him or that he was there, but still, it was good to keep an eye on her. He nodded hsi head and looked over and looked at the Coffee. He made it right then and there. He knew that this woman liked her Coffee in a certain way. He had seen her pick out her coffee so many time. He could make the coffee she love with his eyes closed. He created the cup fast, with cream made so that it looked like a cat on top of the coffee just incase she looked. He smiled as he handed it back over, "Well, ma'am, it will be three dollars."

'' Thanks, keep the change.'' Ashlee said as she handed him a five dollar bill, walked over to her usual spot. She sat down on the couch, set her coffee down on one of the coasters then took a book out of her purse. Reading was what she loved to do, she wrote to but none of her stuff had really been seen by anyone but her. She was working on her own story which wasn't about her but a girl in a situation like hers. But right now she was working on several poems, was focused on reading her book which was all poetry by one of the greatest female poets ever. She loved Emily Dickinson, a few others but Emily was her absolute favorite.

Nicholas nodded as he took the extra money she gave to him and waited till she was looking another way and put it into the donation jar, which was where all his tips went. He figured that he didn't want to be noticed just for donating, it was the right thing to do, and he didn't need the money at all. He focused his attention on helping other customers, but he kept an eye on the young woman, seeing that she was reading, he knew that she loved poetry and many other things about her as well. He still couldn't go over and be overly forward to her, he was working, and he couldn't have strong relations as an angel, despite how well he really knew a person.

Ashlee stayed focused on he book as she sipped her coffee, she never once checked her phone. Besides no one ever called her unless it was an emergency, she hadn't spoken to her parents since she moved out at eighteen. She was maybe twenty or so, going to school but she didn't really need a job because she had a trust fund she would be able to access when she turned twenty one years old which wasn't to far away. The thing with her parents is she just clashed with them on a few things, they had more or less kicked her out but refused to cut her off.

At this point Nicholas was back at work helping others, he figured that the young woman most likely forgot what happened, and the dream, as well as the creativity he had used when he made her coffee or had not noticed it in the first place. He shrugged it off, he was there to watch over her when he was an angel, for the time he was a human. He didn't need to worry about that as long as she was okay. He smiled helping as many people as he could, would have a long work, but keeping diligent while working was something he was good at. He went into the back to fix something simple before returning to blend more coffee for people, people all had different ideas to their coffee and he had overheard many of them over the years, just watching over Ashlee and he was able to use this knowledge to make many of them very happy. He wasn't used to hearing compliments from people as he was that day, to him it was just a matter of doing his job correctly.

Ashlee had noticed the creative he put in making her coffee, it made her smile. She was focused on her book, remembered nothing of what had happened the night before. All she knew was that she'd been rescued, the next morning she woke up in her bed with no memory of any of it. She knew her name she knew her address, she knew other stuff but she didn't remember anything that had happened that night. Taking the scrunchie out of her hair she let it fall around her shoulders, ran her fingers through it as she turned the page in her book. She didn't have classes which was nice because she didn't think she could walk home alone after what had happened even if she couldn't remember she had a feeling something bad had happened, well she just didn't wanna risk it so it was good she had the entire day to be free.

Time passed and Nicholas noticed that Ashlee was still sitting at the same table. He blinked wondering why this was the case, he was on a break not to long after and walked over and sat down across from her and smiled, "Well now, what is a beautiful woman like you doing sitting here on a perfectly find day doing nothing," he asked curiously but also as a kind of hopeful ice break just to have the chance to talk to the young woman. "I hope I am not disturbing you, sorry," he said as he started to get back up, he felt dumb, she didn't like to have her reading disturbed, that was most rude of him, he had been around her enough to know that fact. He did smile to her as he got to his feet, though.

'' It's quiet here.. Not to quiet but just quiet enough.. The people coming in, leaving with their coffee gives me a sense of peace. Anyways Your not disturbing me Nicholas.'' Ashlee said reading his name tag, she smiled placing a strand of hair behind her ear as she chewed on her lower lip, handed him her empty cup. '' Get me a refill, I'll give you an extra tip when I go to leave.'' She said as she smiled, hoped he would oblige to what she had asked it would be well worth it because she had planned on paying for a refill anyways. Besides she knew the 1st refill was supposed to be free once the coffee had been paid for, she wondered if he would remember that.

Nicholas looked at her surprised when she made the comment, it made sense, that one would want to have the sense of being around people, without having to deal with them. He was glad he hadn't bothered her as well. He smiled at that, glad to know that she was a kind young woman, of course he knew that fact already, he was just seeing in from a different angle as it were. He took the cup and smiled, "of course, but I don't need an extra tip, but if you wish to send your change, just put it in the collection jar inside, that is where all my tips go anyhow," he said honestly as he carried the cup in. This time he made another cup as she liked, but he made a flower petal design on the top of the coffee this time before he carried it out and put it before her, "here you go, ma'am, I hope you enjoy it."

'' Thank you, call me Ashlee. Ma'am is so cliche, I'm not that old..'' Ashlee said as she laughed a little, admired the beautiful design. She was almost afraid to drink it it was so beautiful, she smiled at him as she took a sip of it licking her lips. Instead of giving him a tip which she would put in the collection jar she wrote down her number, her address then handed it to him. She didn't know why but she trusted him, she felt like she had known him her entire life it wasn't easy for her to trust but for some reason she just knew he could be trusted so she was going with her instincts. '' I have an extra room if you need a place to crash, or just wanna come over for dinner. I'm a pretty decent cook.'' The brunette said blushing as she chewed on her lower lip, she was basically asking him out but she'd never actually been with anyone she was to focused on her studies.

"of course, it is a old habit of mine to use," Nicholas replied softly as he took a seat for a moment as he looked at her and watched her for a moment. He noticed her writing something, but he didn't know what it could be, he paused his eyes focused on it, as he figure that it was something different. He smiled as he noticed it was her phone number. He thought about asking her to go to meet at the café again some night but she got the question out before he could. He blinked and nodded his head, "I would be most honored to do so," he said taking her hand and kissing it softy, another one of those bad habits of his grace showing its way though, "um sorry.." he said realizing what he had done was odd. "I would love to see your home, how about tonight, I can bring over a dish to help out," he offered kindly. "Plus I get off of work at 2 so I have some time to prepare."

'' Sounds like a date.'' Ashlee said as she finished her coffee, smiled when he kissed her hand she blushed chewing on her lip. '' Don't apologize.. You did nothing wrong, it's sweet.'' She said as she placed a strand of hair behind her ear, put her book back in her messenger bag then stood up. '' I'll put an extra tip in the collection jar, I'll be waiting for you.'' The brunette said as she walked inside put in the extra tip then walked back outside, made her way across the street. She walked down the sidewalk a little then walked up the stairs that lead to her apartment, without hesitation she unlocked the door then walked inside. She was the 1st apartment on the first floor which was nice, her apartment was very spacious because she didn't have a lot of furniture.

Upon entering she opened the window, made her way toward her cook book collection then tried to find something she could make that wouldn't take hours. Once she found the perfect recipe she made sure she had all that she would need, started to prepare the meal. She made sure she had sodas because she didn't drink even if she was legal she didn't drink period. All her life she'd avoided the peer pressure of teenage drinking, she didn't smoke either she had parents that taught her that certain things were wrong, being raised the way she was made it easy for her to keep herself clean of all the evils of the world. But she had a really weird feeling about Nicholas she just knew that if she were to give into her desires she would be doing wrong toward him.

Nicholas smiled glad to see that she was going to put a tip in the donation jar. He smiled as he watched her go, he of course knew where she lived at, just down the block form him actually. He was sure he would see her again soon. He went in and worked some more, getting asked questions form his coworkers mostly if she was his girlfriend, to which he replied with a non answer at the moment. Still his deligent work paid off, and his boss let him head home early, and he figured that was a good thing cause he actually needed the time.

Being with lots of time on your hands, had its edge, and his knowledge was one of them. He knew how to cook of course, and he knew how to make something up fast. He did too, he made the desert for the dinner, a batch of the most perfect chocolate chip cookies ever putting them quickly in a small tin, he carried them and headed to Ashlee's apartment, the cookies in his hands. He wasn't nervous at all about this, he was excited, he would get to spend time with the person he knew best, as just a normal mortal, it could be really fun.

Nicholas walked up to the door and knocked, he wasn't the type to just barge into a room when there were people inside, plus he knew that if he knocked it would give Ashlee a couple of moments to make sure everything happened to be ready before she opened the door. It was something he noticed too having been around humans.He leaned agianst the wall next to the door as he waited, whistling a simple tone, which oddly happened to be a tone that Ashlee's parents whistled to her when she was younger. Why he did that, he had no clue, maybe it was just something stuck in his mind as he thought and remembered watching over the girl as a young angel trainee, in reality not much older then her at the time. He was actually a young angel, he was born not that long before she was, and she was his first case, as a kid.

Ashlee made sure everything was ready then she sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, smiled. She'd changed her clothes put on a little makeup, had actually styled her hair giving it some extra bounce with her defuser. Taking a deep breath she walked to the door, pulled it open stepping aside to let him in a she smiled. Her apartment was clean, the meal was almost done in the oven. She walked back to the kitchen, left the door open with a huge smile on her face. This was her 1st time with a guy period weather it was just a friendly meal or not she'd never actually been alone with anyone before because she was normally hanging with her friends, today was the 1st time she'd ever actually invited anyone to her apartment.

Nicholas of course already knew what her home looked like where everything was, and pretty much everything about the girl, but as she opened the door, he smiled kindly, as he bowed gently before her, "thank you, it is a honor to come to your house, Ashlee," he said leaning back up and looking her in the eyes as he held out the colorful tin that was filled with the various types of cookies inside. "I brough this for you, and so it can be a desert for when we finish the great meal you have made," he said as he walked into the apartment right after she did.

Nicholas looked around, he had seen everything from a different angle before, it looked different from the one he was at, at that moment. He smiled softly as he was glad to see the neat lines, the simple clean elegance to the room. It seemed as though Ashlee had a tasteful eye for setting up her room. He looked back to her, "it is nice, your home, simple quaint, and with some style as well," the blonde commented as he started to find a spot to sit at one of the chairs at the table figuring it was the proper place to sit in a time like this.

'' Thank You Nick.'' Ashlee said as she smiled, just as he sat down she set the table then the timer went off. She smiled, took the meal out of the oven then set it in the middle of the table. Pouring him some tea she sat down at the table, put her hands together as she bowed her head. She'd been praying at every meal since she was a child, now that she lived on her own it hadn't changed. Once she was done with the prayer she looked straight at him, let him get his 1st. She'd made one of her favorite dishes, she hoped he really liked it because she hadn't made it in a really long time. Her stomach was filled with butterflies because she was so nervous, her heart was beating a mile a minute so she thought it was going to beat right out of her chest.

Nicholas smiled as he prayed before the meal to saying a small pray too, just cause he was an angel didn't mean that the man didn't know the importance of this. "Well now, the meal looks very good, thank you for this kindness again," he said to her with a kind tone wanting to make sure she knew that he was most grateful for the meal that she had made and that she had made it for him when he came over. He took a deep breath and then started to eat quietly enjoying the taste, it was good, he tried everything, he was really impressed, this was something about her he actually didn't know. She was a very good cook, he looked up at her with a calming tone to his voice, "It is wonderful Ashlee, you can really work magic in a kitchen."

'' I'm glad you like it.'' Ashlee said as she smiled, ate her share of the food. She took a few sips of tea, placed a strand of hair behind her ear. '' So tell me a little about yourself Nick.'' The brunette said hoping she didn't open a can of worms that would bite her in the ass later, well she just had a feeling he knew everything about her so she wanted to know a little about him. She would understand if he didn't want to share anything but she felt full which meant she would want a cookie or two later but right now she was just trying to make conversation.

Nick finished up his meal pretty quickly as he looked at it, he then looked up and heard the question. It was lucky for him that he was still eating a bite, cause he had to think of a pausable backstory to his life really fast, or she would figure him out. He finished the bite and smiled, "Well, you see, I grew up in a small town in pretty much the middle of nowhere, Nebraska, and I learned there and spent all my time there, then I just recently actually came to the big city got an appartment and started to work at the coffee shop," he explained, "I um am pretty simple over all, I like helping people and charities, and doing good things, and funny and classic movies."

Ashlee smiled as she chewed on her lower lip, finished her tea as she put her empty plate in the sink. '' I'd tell you about me but there really isn't much to tell.'' She said as she sat back down, reached for the tin of cookies then lifted the lid. With another smile she stood up, rinsed out her glass then took the half gallon of milk from the fridge, set it down on the table as she reached for a couple of cookies. She set them down on a napkin then filled her glass half full, bit into one of the cookies wondering if he could tell her something she didn't know about herself or something she knew but didn't really tell anybody else. Her deepest secret was that when she was reading she was writing, actually hoping that one day she could be a famous writer plus her college classes were mostly writing courses with a few extras thrown in so she could get an actual college degree.

He looked at her and smiled, he knew her so well, he didn't have to have her tell him, she was a dreamer, a woman who loved to read and write, who wrote romances who wanted and hoped that someday one of those romances would be about her and her life. That someday her white knight would come and save her from her loneliness and be the person she was dreaming of, the person who her females in her book dreamed up. It was his view from what he had seen of her up to that point, but it seemed like a most logical view. He smiled as he looked at her. She was a good writer, and she had a good heart, and he had wished himself that somehow she would find her prince charming as well.

"So how are the cookies, any good," he asked as he looked at her. He smiled softly as he said so, "do you have any movies you like to watch, perhaps you and I can watch one, unless your to busy in which case I can get going and I will leave you alone, promise."

" The cookies are the best I've ever had, I have a few good ones. Make yourself comfortable, pick one our while I make pop corn. " Ashlee said as she finished her cookies, milk then stood up. She walked over to the cabinet, took out a box of pop corn then opened it as she filled a picture with water she set the timer then leaned against the counter. " there's soda in the fridge if you wanna get it, take it into the living room. " She said her heart racing because now in her head she considered a simple dinner invite a date, if her suspicions were right it was only in her head.

Back
Top Bottom