Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Chord

Jugger82

Singularity
The wind blew hard and thus gave his ship much more speed. Full sails for Portugal! That was where Pirate Captain Nathan Stone was heading toward. He had some...unfinished business there. Someone there he needed to meet, whether they want it or not. He needed information and maybe help if they were willing to give it, despite how annoying it might be to work with her. Nathan...Had lost his ship. He was on a creaky old fisherman boat that was breaking down even as he neared the harbor. The docks of Portugal were in sight, and even from the distance he could see how bustling the streets and docks were...full of peddlers, sailors, workers, and Navymen keeping patrol of the area.

Upon arriving to the docks, Nathan was immediately harassed by the harbor master, speaking of how it was a shilling to rope his boat to the docks. When the two of them turned back to look at the boat, they would find that it had vanished...gone underwater finally and collapsing under its own weight. When the harbor master turned around, Nathan, like his ship, had vanished...already gone off into Portugal in search of information and a person.

He would find her in a rather rowdy tavern, sitting at a back table by herself. Marissa Morrigan, known as the Raven by all who knew her, watched the activity with keen eyes. A half empty bottle of rum sat beside her leather boots that were propped on the dingy tabletop. She ducked as a bottle came flying, shattering on the wall behind her and spraying her with run. "Filthy scum." She snarled, standing and slipping out past the fight to the street outside. The air was rank with the stench of bodily wastes, alcohol and general rot. This was the lesser area of Portugal and itdefinitely showed. Prostitutes and whores moved about, looking for another job. Marissa wove her way through the streets towards the harbor, to the ship she was working on.

As he passed on down the road, he was on the way toward the cheapest tavern in the city. Thats where he expected Marissa to be. Someplace cheap and full of booze. Though he didn't have to look far, no. For she would soon come towards him, opposite the direction he was walking. He could see her a mile away, and this made him grin as he stood and waited for her to get closer. He eyed her like a hawk, and would soon approach the girl. "You smell like alcohol and floozy women...course that just might be you." He teased.

Marissa froze as she heard the voice of a man she really didn't want to see. A scowl plastered itself to her face as she stopped in front of him, hand in one of the blades she carried on her back. "Well well well, look what the cat dragged in." She didn't look happy to see him, instead rather pissed off that she had to deal with him. "What brings the oh so mighty Nathan Stone to Portugal?"

"Oh you know....This being a major harbor n all...Just thought I'd come by, do some shopping...maybe get a new boat and a crew again..." He watched her as she reached for her sword, and he tsked at her and simply pulled out a flintlock and aimed it at her. "I wouldn't want you to do that lass...See...I need ya for this lil crew of mine...I aim to make you my first mate...whether ya want it or not. Put ya hand down already...We're trying to be civil for a bit...No need for the slicing and dicing, dear Mary."

"Marissa." She corrected. A sigh passed her lips. "So let me guess...you lost the ship and the crew and have come to me in desperation and need." A smirk crossed her lips as she looked at the pistol he held. "Still not good with hand to hand huh? Always gotta use a gun." She chided.

"This is a new age of exploration, Mary...Why use swords and knives when I can simply shoot from afar, safe and sound without the fear of getting cut up." He shook his head and laughed. After holstering his pistol, he walked over to her...closer and within reach if she were to cut him down. "Why don't you join up with me again? I may have tossed you overboard for trying to take command of me ship...but thats in the past now!" 'About a month in the past anyway. But who's counting?'

A fist landed on his jaw as he reminded her of why she was currently here. "You ass! Why would I join up with you again?" She hissed, eyes aflame.

"I deserve that." He replied as he rubbed his jaw, almost feeling like it nearly became unhinged and broken. "Because I know you don't want to be stuck here any longer...Look at you. Dirty...er than normal anyway...Reeking of the cheapest of poor alcohol, floozy women scent all over you...Possibly from the whores within the tavern looking for a quick lay and some coin in their pocket from the men within. I do not know if YOU laid with them but it is obvious there are many in there...Come now. Do you really want to be stuck in Portugal when I'm offering you a chance at freedom?"

"I have a ship." She snarled, stomping past him towards the Red Duchess, the ship on which she worked as a deck hand. Just as she arrived she saw the damned East Indian Trading company aboard, arresting all those upon the ship. Quickly she ducked behind some cargo. "Well I had a ship." She murmured, frowning.

"Then lets go get back whats rightfully mine." He said confidently and began to stroll down toward the ship, not seeming to care that he was outnumbered greatly. He looked around and noticed that some of them were hauling off a few kegs of gunpowder for the cannons and grinned...waiting for them to stack it. Once they had it all stacked up on a cart and were hopping aboard to get going, a single shot would light up the air around as the entire area erupted in a hellfire of ash and fire, the Red Duchess being scathed yet not burned in the process.

Marissa ducked down as the explosion ripped through the air. She quickly covered her head as wood and all sorts of shit went flying. "What the hell!?!?" She cried, lookibg to Nathan with reallyvwide eyes. Her ears were ringing and shw was rattled from it. "Have you lost your bloody mind?!"

"Have you lost your sense of excitement?" He replied, walking through the rain of fire and splintered wood that was also on fire as he boarded the Bloody Duchess. He looked back at the girl. "Come on now! We set out in search of a crew, girl!" He laughed loudly as he proceeded to get the ship ready to shove off, lest they were greeted with some unwanted guests due to the explosion...like the Navy.

Marissa sihed, shaking her head as she follwed him onto the ship. "I can't believe I'm doing this." She sighed, helping him ready the ship to set sail. She easily moved through the actions of hoisting the sails and such. "Where exactly do you plan on finding a crew?" She called up to him.

"No clue!" He called out, standing near the wheel and watching as she went about her business. He was also reloading his pistol and watching for anyone who might be on their way to stop them from taking the ship and arrest them. Though he knew the Navy was on its way. "Hurry it up already, Mary! We're running late and the Navy's on its way!"

"Stop calling me Mary dammit!" She yelled, opening the last sail and getting them on their way. "All set no thanks to your lazy arse."

"I blew up the opposition, did I not? You sat there on your sweet ass and did nothing. The least you could do is get the ship going." He teased. Nathan could see the Navy storm the docks finally as the Bloody Duchess began to sail off into the open sea. Nathan came down to look at her, examining the ramparts of the ship from the side and liking what he saw. "It'll do...A new paint job and some other decor would really make this ship homey...Don't you think, Mary?"

A snarl left her as she grabbed him and slammed him up against the wall of the captain's quarters. "My name is not Mary!" She bit out, pointing a dagger at his throat. "You will call me by Marissa only, not Mary." She growled threateningly.

"Easy. Take it down a notch..." Nathan replied as he put the tip of his finger on the dagger and pushed it away slowly. "No need to get so hostile. I would've thought that someone like you would be at your knees thanking me for getting you out of Portugal. Really this was far too easy...I'm surprised you didn't do this sooner. Of course...You're not very good at your job, are you Mary-sa?" He would believe that anything that happened to him after he said that, would be worth the pain or punishment.

Marissa jerked her knee up, catching him in the crotch. "Listen here you sonofabitch, I am very good at what I do. and do recall that you came looking for me." She hissed, her voice dangerously low as she pressed the edge of the dagger to his neck. "And you forget I do have voodoo in my blood. Don.t make me curse you....Captain." She smirked, punching him in the ribs one good time before sauntering off into the captain.s quarters.

He laughed the entire time, despite the pain that filled his body. He slumped against the wall and watched her as she sauntered off into the captain's quarters. Nathan held his crotch in pain as if holding it would hold back the pain that came from it. "Damn girl...Has quite a spark in her...Jeez me nuts..." He would stay there for the next twenty or so minutes, and then stood up finally to go off into the captain's cabin. "Now then...Lets see if the last suckers aboard this ship left some sort of sea map for us to use...Did you find one?"

Marissa looked up as Nathan entered the cabin. She was lounging on the hammock, a bag of jewels in hand. "What's wrong Captain? Can't navigate without a map." She smirked, watching him limp. "Shouldn.t have to worry about sea tension from you for a while." She teased, speaking of how horny sailora and pirates got while out at sea.

"Dumb bimbo..." He murmured as he began to scrounge around in search of a map or sorts of the Caribbean. His search would come up fruitless, which only meant that he had to get an expert navigator or a map that could help him navigate the seas. "Mary, where's the closest port town at that we can get to in the shortest amount of time? We're in dire need of supplies"

A growl came from the woman as she pitched a dagger at him, missing purposely. "Dammit why can't you call me by my name for once? ?!?!?!" She sighed and stood up, walking over to the ornate desk and kicking an area of it. A hidden drawer popped open, holding the map. "The captain was particular about who saw his maps." She replied. "And lucky for you I persuaded him to show me where he kept it."

"Yeah...I wonder how you persuaded him." He replied. "And I always give my pets nicknames. Mary suits you, doesn't it Mary?" He teased. "Now then...Where's the nearest port town on the map? We are in dire need of supplies since the East Indian Trading Company looted most of the cargo aboard this vessel."

Back
Top Bottom