Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The widowed bride (Myself,Yajirobe)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Here.

Dawn Perkins was mourning her late husband, she found herself drinking a lot of wine to drown out the pain but it didn't seem to be working. She'd gotten pregnant young, had never married but when she met Harold Perkins that all changed. He'd stolen her heart, now he was gone leaving her all alone. She didn't worry about her son cause she knew he was good at hiding his emotions, she wasn't ready to let anyone else into her life. '' Damnit!'' Dawn muttered realizing she was out of wine, she sighed running her fingers through her hair as she threw the glass into the blazing fire she'd lit in the fire place earlier. She hadn't seen her son all day but she supposed he was in his room playing video games or catching up on his school work.​

Holis Dunaway, was walking to a house of a person whom he had never meet before in his whole entire life. He was going there as a favor, why, cause he was a good person and he knew that the former owner of the house was a good man too. Not only that he knew the former owner of the house rather well. He had worked with the good man for a few years, out of college, though much younger then the man, he learned so much for him, and was grateful for everything that he had come to know during his time working. He had come for a simple reason to wish his late wife well and give her a small gift, that he had promise to give at some point in the past.

Holis was tall, and strong, he had a strong look to him, but also a intelligent look, with his glasses on, he had the aura of intelligence around himself. He had short dark hair that was well kept as was everything else about the man whom was wearing a suit to meet a widow. He walked up to the door and knocked. He had never meet this woman, and honestly he was more then a bit nervous about the prospects of meeting her and finding that she was some angry old lady or something else. He stepped back and took a deep breath calming his nervous as he waited for the woman to answer.

Dawn hadn't been expecting any company, she looked around the house then shrugged. She fixed her hair, walked to the door. Opening it she looked the man over, then snapped back to reality. '' Can I help you? '' She asked as she noticed his glasses she smiled, placed a strand of hair behind her ear. Of course when her husband died she was given the house, her husband's business but she didn't really know much about what he did. She looked like she'd been drinking but she hoped that wasn't going to scare the young man that stood outside away. Giving him another glance she realized he sort of reminded her of his son he was about seventeen, she shook her head regaining her composer as she waited for the young man to introduce himself or tell her how she could help him. She was just lucky she was dressed, not in something inappropriate.

Holis looked at the young woman whom opened the door, it was the wife of the man whom had died, he could tell that, but she was far younger then he had expected to see her. He blinked surprised that she was not very old, older then him, but not by a huge margin. He could tell that the lose of her husband was hard on her. She had been drinking, he could see it in her appearance, and he could smell the alchool on her at the same time. He felt sorry for this woman, to have to go though such a horrible lose in her life, and move on.

He smiled, "It is a pleasure to meet you ma'am" he said with a respectful tone, he wasn't nervous about the meeting it was the right thing to do, "My name is Holis, I worked with your late husband, I have come to pay your respects to you, and give something back that your late husband let me barrow," he aid handing over a red book that he had, "it is a book on business, the lessons in it are what your husband used to teach me, I figured it should go back to the family that it started in as it were," he said softly, he just wanted to pay respects, the book he had, for to long, it was a memory of a mentor that should belong to the family of the man not him, and thus it was right to give it back.

'' Nice to meet you Hollis. You can call me Dawn, I appreciate you stopping by just to return this book. Harold talked highly of you but I never really listened, I'm sure he would be proud. Would you like to come in? '' Dawn asked as she smiled a little, looked through the book then stepped aside for the young man to walk in. She'd grown up in Texas so her southern accent was obvious when she wanted it to be, she could also turn it off if she wanted to but she didn't really feel like doing so right now. As she waited for him to walk in she put the book back in her husband's study, proceeded to sober up a little more with a cure her mother had given her once or twice when she was younger. It was helping but she was still drunker then a skunk.

Holis walked i n and smiled, Dawn seemed a nice woman, he smiled as he listened, and picked up on the accent, he had traveled a lot, he figured that most likelt she was from East Texas or maybe Northern Louisiana if that was wrong maybe other place around there. He watched and followed her as she put the book in her late husbands study, he found himself glad to see that it was back in the right place. "Well, I am glad to finally meet you, Dawn, your late husband told me a great deal about you, but I do believe that he left out just how beautiful of a woman you happen to be," he said softly as he looked at the woman.

He was sure that they were a heck of a couple, her the beauty and him the successful businessman, a power couple if he had ever seen one. "Well, I would also like to offer any aid if you need anything," he said politely, not wanting to step on any toes, he figure offering aid on whatever was a good kind and right thing to do in the situation that he currently found himself in. Holis felt that the situation was something that on the surface was smooth, but he had a feeling things under the surface outside the public life were turbulent, he knew just looking at the beautiful woman, the degree which the death of her husband was effecting her, and he found it so sad that such a beautiful woman be in such a state independent form the fact she was the former wife of his mentor, which made it more a personal situation to the young man.

'' I can't think of anything right now.'' Dawn said as she smiled, finished the remedy her mother had given her. She felt like she was going to be sick but she felt much better, the color had come back to her skin after the sobering little remedy she'd been given many years ago back when she was into the party scene. '' Would you like some coffee or water maybe? '' The blonde widow asked as she looked at the young man, motioned for him to sit down anywhere in the house. '' I don't if Harold ever told you or not.. But I do have a teenage son. Harold, I tried for another but it just never happened.'' She confessed as she waited for him to answer her question, she hoped she hadn't let to much information out of the bag. Hoping it didn't scare him off she chewed on her lower lip, sighed wishing she had something else to talk about but she really didn't, she missed her husband more then she missed her family back in Texas.

Holis nodded his head, he wasn't surprised by the answer, it was nature for a person to be okay at the start, then later perhaps, he would have a call from her asking for a favor if she really did need something from him. It was common place, and i t was something that didn't really bother him at all. He smiled as he nodded his head,a nd followed her, "water will do just fine," he replied as he worked his way to finding a seat, at a small table. He then heard her comment about having a son, and nodded, "yes, I have heard about it, your late husband would talk a lot about him actually. "So, what do you do for a living," he asked with a friendly tone to the young woman, "I mean, um sorry, that might be to personal, I figure we are just strangers with a common connection after all," he said before pausing, "um, what type of things do you or did you before you meet your husband like to do for fun," he asked with a curious tone, "you don't have to answer if you don't want too."

'' James is a good kid, I think he's in his room. '' Dawn said as she grabbed a glass from the cabinent, filled it with water from the tap then handed it to him. '' Before I met Harold I was a waitress raising a baby, when he walked into my life everything changed. James was five years old, I was barely in my twenties when I met Harold. He told me to quit my job, leave it all behind so I did. Before I met him I was into the party scene, that's how I ended up with James but I wouldn't change it for the world. Now I'm living off of Harold's estate, I was given rights to his business.'' She said as she sat down, sighed she hoped her son would make an appearance because she was rather worried about him.

"So your are in charge with your late husband's business, well, if you need any help with that, you can also ask, I as I said owe your late husband much and am willing to help in any way," he said calmly as he gave the young woman a smile while occasionally taking a drink of water. He looked around, he had a feeling that before the hard times hit this woman was something else, something very impressive, beautiful, and kind. He could see why his late friend was so taken by her."Send you son over, perhaps, I can teach him a few things about business, and tricks to help him," he said kindly as he continued work on his water. "I must admit, I was never much of a partier, never that good at holding my liquor."

'' James isn't really into business he's more into video games, all kinds of electronic devices.'' Dawn said, just as she said that a young man around the age if seventeen or so walked down the back staircase into the kitchen. James was 6'2''-6'3'', weighed maybe 185-200 but he wasn't heavy or considered obese the kid did work out occasionally plus he played sports. '' Excuse me who are you? '' James asked as he placed his hand on his mom's shoulder, looked at the man sitting at their table holding a can of soda in the other hand. Waiting patiently for an answer he felt his mom squeeze his hand, smiled. The kid did go to parties every now, then but he didn't drink or do anything his mother would disapprove of.

Holis nodded his head, he knew that video games and electronics were important things to many people, he found them a fun diverision from time to time, but that was about all he could say regarding them. He looked over and noticed the tall young man standing, and knew it was the woman's son. He smiled as he looked at the young man, "My name is Holis, I worked with your father, he was a mentor. I came by to return a book to your mother, that he gave me to borrow. It is a pleasure to meet you finally, I have heard much about you over the years," he said politely as he worked his way to his feet and reached out to shake the young man's hands, "That being said, I better get going, it was a honor to meet you, ma'am, and if you need anything let me know, I owe your family more then a bit for the kindness shown by your late husband," he said to her kindly, before shaking James' hand and turning to leave.

'' Harold wasn't my father.. I don't have a father, don't need one.'' James said as he looked at the man, he knew what he'd just said broke his mother's heart but it was the truth. He'd been without a father or a father figure since he was a baby, he never saw Harold as his father figure. It was mainly because the man was never home, when he was home he ignored the boy other then giving him a new game or some sort of gift.'' James said as the man shook his hand, turned around to leave. Shaking his head The boy went back up to his room, left his mother to her thoughts. Dawn watched her son head back upstairs, stood up to see Holis to the door. '' Don't mind him. Why don't you come over for dinner some night, I'll make a southern favorite of mine.'' She said as she smiled, looked into his eyes even though she barely knew him she felt like it was her duty to be friendly to him since her husband had been so good to him.

Holis didn't say anything when the young man talked, he figured that the young man was going though a lot, and that it was his way of showing that due to the relation between his former friend and the kid, and it had nothing to do with him at all. He didn't know the situation, she he figured to just let it sit, and fade away, he shook his head at the statement, "it is okay, I don't mind, um, sure, I can come over some night and have dinner, it would be fun," he said with a kind tone as he figured that he was obligated in being kind to this woman and a meal was a meal, it was hard to turn down a good meal at any point. He got up to his feet, "Well, it was a honor to meet you, Dawn, remember if you need anything just pick up the phone and I will see if I can help," he said with a small smile on his face before turning to head out and head back home.

'' I'll remember that, Thank you for returning Harold's book.'' Dawn said as she smiled, watched him leave. She closed the door, sighed as she walked back into her husband's study. Taking a seat at his desk she just looked at the picture he had on his desk, tears started to run down her cheeks. She missed him so much, it hadn't been that long maybe a few months or so which meant she would be mourning for awhile. Dawn knew she needed some closer, she knew she needed to move on because Harold would want her to be happy but right now she was afraid to let anyone get that close to her. She felt bad for her son because he sounded so resentful that hearing what he said just broke her heart even more then it already was, she wished her son had gotten to know his father but the man was a deadbeat who she saw once then never saw again.

Holis spend the next few days doing his normal day things, he worked a lot, thought he didn't work as much as his mentor had, it was a lesson he had learned before meeting the man. He worked to help give himself some time off should he need it. He also thought about the interesting meeting he had with Dawn from time to time. He figured that the woman needed a way to get out of the house and enjoy something social, so he grabbed the phone a day couple later, and left her a message, asking if she would want to meet him for lunch that day. He figured it would do the woman good, she was to young to remain a shut in, as it seemed to him that she almost was when he had meet her. He figured that it would be another helpful thing he could do to help the young woman as well. He wasn't sure she would show up, but he headed to the spot anyway, a bit early getting a table, he kept his eyes open for if she would or wouldn't show, it was fine either way with him.

Dawn had been in the shower, when she hit the play button on the answering machine she smiled then picked up the phone to call him back. As she waited for him to answer she dried her hair with the towel, started to look for something to wear. Once she found the perfect outfit she smiled, laid it down on her bed then took out a pair of hose that she could wear with her boots then unwrapped the towel from her hair then laid it on the hamper. She untied her robe, started to get dressed she normally put her panties&bra on in the bathroom then finished getting dressed in her room. Knowing her son was in school she wasn't worried besides she knew he could take care of himself, she was still waiting for an answer but she could multitask.

Holis looked at his phone for a moment as he sat down, it as going to be a long wait, he had picked a very nice place for lunch. He for some reason wanted to show off a bit, maybe it was just natural desire on his part to show that he was on a higher level now then Dawn's former husband, he wasn't sure. He figured that it would be the best place though for the meal. It had atmosphere, and it had great food as well. It was the best of all worlds in short. He decided to pick up the phone and dialed the number he had for Dawn, hoping to talk to her. It would be a short conversation, just the basics. He would talk to her about having lunch, and then he would invite her to where he was. He then would play it from there. He knew it was possible for her to turn him down, if so, he knew a person or two whom worked for him, that would love to share a meal with him, but he would cross that bridge when and if he got to it.

Dawn hung up after none answered then answered when it rang again, she smiled putting it on speaker. " Hey Hollis. I called you back after I got your message but anyways I would love to have lunch with you. I'm finishing up now, can be there soon." The blond said as she put on some perfume a little makeup then her jewelry deciding it was best to leave her rings. She took them off, put them in her jewelry box feeling a little naked but she wanted him to think she was interested. It'd only been a few months but she knew her late husband would be furious if she wallowed in her misery, let it depress her so she chose to embrace her widow status.

Holis was sitting on a bench, looking around waiting as he heard the message, he knew she was going to show up. He was excited about it. It was going to be a fun lunch, he smiled as he noticed the woman coming, reminding himself to be on his best behavior. He stood up and looked back toward the man waiting at the counter and then to her, "Well it seems you have prefect time, it is time to find out table," he said with a smile on his lips as he looked at Dawn, glad that he got a chance to know the woman better.

"So, how are you doing this morning, busy today?" he asked as he walked to the table with her, finding his seat, the young man looked over at the blonde. I can tell you, today is so quiet, I just decided to take the rest of the day off," he admitted openly as he knew that with his work, either things were busy or they were super quiet, and this happened to be a day of nothing but the later. He quickly order for the house special combo for two for them, before taking a sip of water.

Dawn never took very long to get anywhere, she chewed on her lower lip as he ordered the house special for two. " actually it hasn't been all that busy. I was in the shower when you called earlier." She said as she took a sip of water, looked around the restaurant she was very nervous because she hadn't really gone anywhere since her husband's funeral. It was good for her to get out, see people but all her friends were back home leaving her with just her son.

Back
Top Bottom